151 replies to this topic

#121 Mark Yore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 217 posts

Posted 01 November 2022 - 05:16 PM

View Postcrazytimes, on 29 October 2022 - 11:49 PM, said:

The best part of the event was the people dropping their event builds in QP accidentally.

Guilty...

It didn't end well. Posted Image

#122 StrikerSW

• PipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 November 2022 - 07:34 PM

Great Halloween Event, thanks very much for all your efforts! Look forward to next years Halloween Event, not to mention Christmas, and all the monthly giveaways and challenges.

#123 Strelok7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 01 November 2022 - 07:42 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 01 November 2022 - 07:56 AM, said:

Good morning/day/evening MechWarriors, the submissions look great! I just wanted to let you know that I have the flu, so while the results will still be posted today, they're going to be a bit delayed. Sorry about that! I'll have the results posted ASAP today! Thank you for your understanding.

Get Better!

#124 Strelok7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 01 November 2022 - 07:46 PM

Great Event! The BOMB!

#125 Strelok7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 01 November 2022 - 08:07 PM

Posted Image Thanks to this event,
I"VE DISCOVERED YOU CAN SPECTATE, WHILE ON TESTING GROUNDS, IN 3RD PERSON VIEW!!!
ARE YOU SERIOUS !!!!! Posted Image

This made my whole November lol !

I saw someone was asking: Settings > Miscellaneous > Toggle Freecam
(works on testing grounds)

Seeing Mechs to scale, ground up, is something else!

Please correct me if I am wrong: It seems you cannot control Forward, Back, Left, Right, BUT can do throttle +/- and everything else !?

#126 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 760 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 02 November 2022 - 02:55 AM

View Postmytilus edulis, on 01 November 2022 - 01:43 PM, said:

"LooKk at yYou...such bBbumbling cCreatTure. Ssso ffoolish!

Yyou are mmade of so much sSskin! WE will mMake you Part of Us!

Yesss! WE will wWwear your fFfface!!"
Posted Image

That is simply amazing... How'd you do that?

#127 mytilus edulis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 02 November 2022 - 08:30 AM

View PostCyrilis, on 02 November 2022 - 02:55 AM, said:

That is simply amazing... How'd you do that?

I got some decal in a lootbox that looked like someone had made a rug out of a person

#128 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 02 November 2022 - 10:29 AM

Tallying votes now...

#129 Daeron Katz

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 02 November 2022 - 12:59 PM

THE RESULTS ARE IN!

I know it's often said in contests like these, but it truly was difficult to narrow it down to the top 5. In fact, we've extended it a couple numbers, and two Runners-Up will each be getting 1,000 MC and 1,000,000 C-Bills for their efforts. There were so many great submissions beyond these top 7 though, from the 'Mech band KISS, Spiderman, Spirit Bears, and amazing stories behind some of images and their creation. You all are so creative, a big thank you to everyone who participated! But without further ado, the Top 5 submissions for the 2022 Spooky and Spectacular Costume Screenshot Contest are...

In 5th Place, and the winner of a Spooky Bundle of Choice...
eXzez de
Posted Image

In 4th Place, and the winner of a Hero 'Mech of Choice...
Capt Cav3man
Posted Image

In 3rd Place, and the winner of a Platinum 'Mech Pack of Choice...
Banders
Posted Image

In 2nd Place, and the winner of a Spooky Bundle 'Mech Pack of Choice...
Jebovina
Posted Image

In 1st Place, and the winner of an Ultimate 'Mech Pack of Choice...
masasa
Posted Image

Congrats to the above MechWarriors!

Two Runners-Up who were so close to the top 5 are also receiving 1,000 MC and 1,000,0000 C-Bills each for their efforts. They are (in no particular order)...

Major Woody 2
Posted Image

Vikos777
Posted Image

IF YOU WON, LOOK FOR A FORUM MESSAGE FROM DAERON TODAY! IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, CONTACT DAERON.KATZ@PIRANHAGAMES.COM

Thank you again to everyone who participated, it really was close! Let's do this again. Maybe a holiday costume contest in December? Nightmare Before Christmas counts...

#130 Jebovina

• Pip
  • The Juggernaut
  • The Juggernaut
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 November 2022 - 01:32 PM

Thank you for second, but cant really express my gratitude knowing that submissions from f.e. Nuclear Harvest (Imp), Reiner Braum (Faceless) or The Wiener Bandit (Mario) didnt even make it to top 7, when I expected them to be placed higher than me. While some of the winners just put phranken or bucaneer with much less effort unlike those named.

Anyways, thanks for the event

#131 Jarok van Sagittaron

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 November 2022 - 01:32 PM

Congrats to the winners!
Great work and enjoy your prices!

I would look forward to more contests like this in the future!

#132 Reiner Braun

Rookie

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 02 November 2022 - 01:54 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 02 November 2022 - 01:26 PM, said:

unpopular opinion incoming:
I am bit puzzled that first place went an entry with to the mech we just got, with the camo pattern we just got, with the bolt-ons we just got and a single pumpkin face decal slapped on. that doesn't feel very creative. granted it is not a bad screenshot, but just compare this to the second place, that atlas face is so well done, the horns and drills really add to the look and the pose is really good as well.

My personal favorite is this though, because it's not using the obvious lava and fire etc. but manages to create a terrifying creature in the snow and broad daylight and the use of decals in so incredibly effective:

I am not gonna lie, you made me smile and I am actually glad someone else here doesn't find slapping halloween face (which is premade decal) + phranken pattern as something incredible, but PGI seems to like it. (Even tho as you mentioned the screenshot on the first one is actually well taken) Also I am quite offended by Nuclear Harvest not making it even into top 7, while absolutely basic black atlas with phranken on terra did. Also why even bother making it spooky and spectacular, when Mario can't even beat phranken as a pattern?

I also have to edit this and add that I really liked this type of content and would love to see this continue in the future as I would love to showcase more - editing mechs and finding new interesting combinations of decals really is fun. But would appreciate a certain level of seriousness next time as I've seen some really cool designs this time around and phranken pattern + non colorable decal really ain't it.

Edited by Reiner Braun, 02 November 2022 - 02:17 PM.

#133 Daeron Katz

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 02 November 2022 - 02:29 PM

In response to those who don't agree with the chosen winners.
  • Your opinions are fine.
  • The winners were voted on by Piranha staff. As such, it's subjective. No matter what the outcome, there would be those that disagree. We're not going to change the voting outcome to appease everyone, as that wouldn't be a true vote, and we could never appease everyone.
  • This was a holiday-themed screenshot contest, and the winner took a great screenshot, which is evident in that shot getting the most votes.
  • I said that it was a very close contest, that many images made it to the semi-final list, but in the end we had to pick the winners and this is how the vote turned out.
  • This was for fun, so please keep that in mind. We had fun doing it, so we'll do another in December.

#134 Nuclear Harvest

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 November 2022 - 02:40 PM

View PostJebovina, on 02 November 2022 - 01:32 PM, said:

I'm really glad you like my imp. I'm looking forward to meeting your atlas on the battlefield!

Edited by Nuclear Harvest, 02 November 2022 - 02:49 PM.

#135 Reiner Braun

Rookie

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 02 November 2022 - 03:10 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 02 November 2022 - 02:29 PM, said:

In response to those who don't agree with the chosen winners.
  • Your opinions are fine.
  • The winners were voted on by Piranha staff. As such, it's subjective. No matter what the outcome, there would be those that disagree. We're not going to change the voting outcome to appease everyone, as that wouldn't be a true vote, and we could never appease everyone.
  • This was a holiday-themed screenshot contest, and the winner took a great screenshot, which is evident in that shot getting the most votes.
  • I said that it was a very close contest, that many images made it to the semi-final list, but in the end we had to pick the winners and this is how the vote turned out.
  • This was for fun, so please keep that in mind. We had fun doing it, so we'll do another in December.

Nobody is asking for a change of votes. I did mention #1 being very well taken. #2 is straight up like a screenshot from a trailer. #4 is really creative as well. I also did say it was very fun and I really hope for it's continuity. All I wanted to point out was that some of the submissions were really creative and seem like a decent amount of time went into them only to be beaten by a mech with only a pattern? I do get it's very highly subjective, but still.
We definitely had fun as well, so we'll back in december.

#136 Daeron Katz

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 02 November 2022 - 03:15 PM

View PostReiner Braun, on 02 November 2022 - 03:10 PM, said:

Nobody is asking for a change of votes. I did mention #1 being very well taken. #2 is straight up like a screenshot from a trailer. #4 is really creative as well. I also did say it was very fun and I really hope for it's continuity. All I wanted to point out was that some of the submissions were really creative and seem like a decent amount of time went into them only to be beaten by a mech with only a pattern? I do get it's very highly subjective, but still.
We definitely had fun as well, so we'll back in december.

It truly was difficult not to just give everyone prizes. Maybe for the next contest I'll have more varied and defined categories, as we've done in past years. I'm open to suggestions!

#137 Reiner Braun

Rookie

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 02 November 2022 - 03:30 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 02 November 2022 - 03:15 PM, said:

It truly was difficult not to just give everyone prizes. Maybe for the next contest I'll have more varied and defined categories, as we've done in past years. I'm open to suggestions!

I do believe it was! Well I am definitely for more categories. What didn't feel right to me was "spectaculars" being overshadowed by "spooky". Could have been 2 categories. Also I do believe having something for participation like a free mechbay would definitely spice things up and attract more people (new players too) in the future.

#138 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 02 November 2022 - 04:31 PM

HMMM need more warning of upcoming EVENTS, full weekends, i loved the 2 man team part, its called a wing, as a clanner, but weight to allow a heavy and a med mech, works.\
I think just allowing med and light mech should be next, the new folks need to learn just how much POWER, A light mech has, most NEW guys, in the first month push up to big mechs THINKING there more protected, well it is not the CASE.
WHEN folks learn to RIP back armor apart, in a wing OH MY, : ).

SAWK CLANNER

#139 Banders

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 November 2022 - 05:15 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 02 November 2022 - 12:59 PM, said:

THE RESULTS ARE IN!

I know it's often said in contests like these, but it truly was difficult to narrow it down to the top 5. In fact, we've extended it a couple numbers, and two Runners-Up will each be getting 1,000 MC and 1,000,000 C-Bills for their efforts. There were so many great submissions beyond these top 7 though, from the 'Mech band KISS, Spiderman, Spirit Bears, and amazing stories behind some of images and their creation. You all are so creative, a big thank you to everyone who participated! But without further ado, the Top 5 submissions for the 2022 Spooky and Spectacular Costume Screenshot Contest are...

In 5th Place, and the winner of a Spooky Bundle of Choice...
eXzez de
Posted Image

In 4th Place, and the winner of a Hero 'Mech of Choice...
Capt Cav3man
Posted Image

In 3rd Place, and the winner of a Platinum 'Mech Pack of Choice...
Banders
Posted Image

In 2nd Place, and the winner of a Spooky Bundle 'Mech Pack of Choice...
Jebovina
Posted Image

In 1st Place, and the winner of an Ultimate 'Mech Pack of Choice...
masasa
Posted Image

Congrats to the above MechWarriors!

Two Runners-Up who were so close to the top 5 are also receiving 1,000 MC and 1,000,0000 C-Bills each for their efforts. They are (in no particular order)...

Major Woody 2
Posted Image

Vikos777
Posted Image

IF YOU WON, LOOK FOR A FORUM MESSAGE FROM DAERON TODAY! IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, CONTACT DAERON.KATZ@PIRANHAGAMES.COM

Thank you again to everyone who participated, it really was close! Let's do this again. Maybe a holiday costume contest in December? Nightmare Before Christmas counts...

Hello, I was hoping to claim my reward, but I'm having trouble finding the above mentioned forum post. Sorry, but I'm not a regular user of forums, so not entirely sure how they work.

#140 masasa

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 November 2022 - 09:45 PM

Thank you for organizing this screenshot competition and congrats to all the winners! I hope you do these in the future too .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users