Jump to content

The Spooky Spectacular Event Queue Weekend


152 replies to this topic

#141 masasa

    Rookie

  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2022 - 09:45 PM

Thank you for organizing this screenshot competition and congrats to all the winners! I hope you do these in the future too .

#142 eXzez de

    Rookie

  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 November 2022 - 02:18 AM

Congratulations to all winners and thank you for being one of them.

It's just a pity that there are such discussions about the selection of the winners at the end.
In my opinion, it was clear from the outset that this competition would be judged subjectively and should not be questioned afterwards.

The competition rules have not really been followed by many participants anyway,
considering that only one picture was allowed.
Anyone could have used every decal, pattern and color in the training ground for free without even spending 1 cent for it.

Depreciating that you choose a suitable pattern that fits the topic or chooses a map like Terra that is atmospherically consistent with the topic leaves a bad aftertaste for all Winners.
Evaluation criteria were not given in advance, so it was clear that the decisions would be subjective.

Be that as it may, in future competitions of this kind, the evaluation criteria should perhaps be explained in more detail so that there are no unpleasant discussions at the end.

Thanks again to the staff and keep on such Contest.

Keep MWO alive mades Posted Image

#143 Reiner Braun

    Rookie

  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 03 November 2022 - 05:01 AM

View PosteXzez de, on 03 November 2022 - 02:18 AM, said:

Congratulations to all winners and thank you for being one of them. It's just a pity that there are such discussions about the selection of the winners at the end. In my opinion, it was clear from the outset that this competition would be judged subjectively and should not be questioned afterwards. The competition rules have not really been followed by many participants anyway, considering that only one picture was allowed. Anyone could have used every decal, pattern and color in the training ground for free without even spending 1 cent for it. Depreciating that you choose a suitable pattern that fits the topic or chooses a map like Terra that is atmospherically consistent with the topic leaves a bad aftertaste for all Winners. Evaluation criteria were not given in advance, so it was clear that the decisions would be subjective. Be that as it may, in future competitions of this kind, the evaluation criteria should perhaps be explained in more detail so that there are no unpleasant discussions at the end. Thanks again to the staff and keep on such Contest. Keep MWO alive mades Posted Image


I see absolutly nothing wrong in having such discussions, positive or negative, as it will influence the upcoming event in december and I'll be happy to suggest what may be improved if anything comes to mind. In the end everyone here agreed to this being very fun and looks forward to it in december.

And about using training grounds + mechlab without spending, that's exactly why I expected a certain level of seriousness and creativity, as you literally even as a new player don't need anything. But that's my personal taste, afterall yes, it is very subjective.

#144 Kano111

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 82 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 November 2022 - 05:34 AM

Damn missed out but was fun to make some nice screens of my fave Night Gyr. Congrats winners!

#145 All Your Bases

    Member

  • PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 November 2022 - 05:53 AM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 02 November 2022 - 03:15 PM, said:

It truly was difficult not to just give everyone prizes. Maybe for the next contest I'll have more varied and defined categories, as we've done in past years. I'm open to suggestions!


When you have contest like these you're bound to have people complain when they don't win. Don't let that sway you from the overall feeling that most of us are happy that you did this in general. There are few gaming companies that are getting into the forums and doing creative things to support a game. We appreciate it!

Not a creative contest but something I've always found missing is a sharing/promotion campaign. One common thing I've mentioned in the many people I've brought to this game is the community and staff supporting it. I feel a lot of people are loyal to this game, why not throw a contest our way to help increase advocacy? Especially around the Holidays when we see an uptick in players. Maybe sharing a post/the game in general or something like that to spread the word about this great game should be rewarded.

Throw in a referral system I think would be the cherry on top.

#146 John the Rat Bastard

    Rookie

  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 November 2022 - 09:18 AM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 02 November 2022 - 12:59 PM, said:

THE RESULTS ARE IN!


I know it's often said in contests like these, but it truly was difficult to narrow it down to the top 5. In fact, we've extended it a couple numbers, and two Runners-Up will each be getting 1,000 MC and 1,000,000 C-Bills for their efforts. There were so many great submissions beyond these top 7 though, from the 'Mech band KISS, Spiderman, Spirit Bears, and amazing stories behind some of images and their creation. You all are so creative, a big thank you to everyone who participated! But without further ado, the Top 5 submissions for the 2022 Spooky and Spectacular Costume Screenshot Contest are...

In 5th Place, and the winner of a Spooky Bundle of Choice...
eXzez de
Posted Image


In 4th Place, and the winner of a Hero 'Mech of Choice...
Capt Cav3man
Posted Image


In 3rd Place, and the winner of a Platinum 'Mech Pack of Choice...
Banders
Posted Image


In 2nd Place, and the winner of a Spooky Bundle 'Mech Pack of Choice...
Jebovina
Posted Image


In 1st Place, and the winner of an Ultimate 'Mech Pack of Choice...
masasa
Posted Image

Congrats to the above MechWarriors!

Two Runners-Up who were so close to the top 5 are also receiving 1,000 MC and 1,000,0000 C-Bills each for their efforts. They are (in no particular order)...

Major Woody 2
Posted Image


Vikos777
Posted Image


IF YOU WON, LOOK FOR A FORUM MESSAGE FROM DAERON TODAY! IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, CONTACT DAERON.KATZ@PIRANHAGAMES.COM



Thank you again to everyone who participated, it really was close! Let's do this again. Maybe a holiday costume contest in December? Nightmare Before Christmas counts...


PGI be running around in default green 'mechs if this what they chose as the winner lmaooo

congrats tho :)

#147 Banders

    Rookie

  • Bad Company
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 November 2022 - 03:11 PM

you'll get a direct message, check here

Oh. Thanks for letting me know. I honestly don't use forums, so I have no clue what I'm doing.

#148 Jebovina

    Member

  • Pip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 November 2022 - 03:18 PM

View PostAll Your Bases, on 03 November 2022 - 05:53 AM, said:


When you have contest like these you're bound to have people complain when they don't win. Don't let that sway you from the overall feeling that most of us are happy that you did this in general. There are few gaming companies that are getting into the forums and doing creative things to support a game. We appreciate it!

Not a creative contest but something I've always found missing is a sharing/promotion campaign. One common thing I've mentioned in the many people I've brought to this game is the community and staff supporting it. I feel a lot of people are loyal to this game, why not throw a contest our way to help increase advocacy? Especially around the Holidays when we see an uptick in players. Maybe sharing a post/the game in general or something like that to spread the word about this great game should be rewarded.

Throw in a referral system I think would be the cherry on top.


As a winner of the second place i just can't agree with you. You don't understand what we wanted to point out, because when you compare submissions from people i talked about in my last comment to f.e. Vikos777s piece, there is just no way he should have placed above them. For me it's objective opinion not subjective. You tried to be smart and reasonable for whatever reason, next time please take your time and evaluate all aspects.

PS: I am sure everyone enjoyed this competition, that doesn't mean you should be quiet when you feel something about it was not fair.

#149 All Your Bases

    Member

  • PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 November 2022 - 07:44 PM

View PostJebovina, on 03 November 2022 - 03:18 PM, said:


As a winner of the second place i just can't agree with you. You don't understand what we wanted to point out, because when you compare submissions from people i talked about in my last comment to f.e. Vikos777s piece, there is just no way he should have placed above them. For me it's objective opinion not subjective. You tried to be smart and reasonable for whatever reason, next time please take your time and evaluate all aspects.

PS: I am sure everyone enjoyed this competition, that doesn't mean you should be quiet when you feel something about it was not fair.


No I wasn't trying to be smart. I'm stating a fact, people like to complain. A good chunk of people on here like to complain, heck I like to complain too! My point was to the staff not to let this sway them from doing another event. I'm glad they do these and you will NEVER please anyone. Seriously just look at the event que, you had a person calling them "morons" just because they didn't like the event que. How about you play QP, or better yet play another game if you don't like it. I've said it more times than I can count. They have 5-10 people supporting a 9 year old game based on a 40 year old IP. I am THRILLED that we get this much personalized stuff.

You and others are complaining about what non-bias people voted. Let's say 5-10 people that had nothing to gain or loss from who did or didn't lose. Those same people that gave us more time (check the original post) + added 2 additional winners. You say you're not being subjective and being objective. That's impossible when you have something to gain or lose. That doesn't mean you can't have an opinion, we all can. That doesn't mean you shouldn't voice it we all should.

#150 Daeron Katz

    Senior Marketing and Community Manager

  • Developer
  • Developer
  • 182 posts

Posted 04 November 2022 - 12:43 PM

All winners have been either contacted for information, or have been awarded their prizes. Thank you all for your participation, and we're looking forward to doing something similar again in December!

#151 JOATMON Incorporated

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 73 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 07 November 2022 - 10:19 AM

Thank you for running the events! Sadly due to IRL I wasn't able to participate this time around, but I am still very happy to know that the event occurred. Thank you!

#152 masasa

    Rookie

  • 3 posts

Posted 08 November 2022 - 10:35 AM

Hey just wondering if any other staff member can distribute the prizes for this event, since Daeron Katz seems to be on a sick leave?

Pilot name: masasa
Ultimate 'Mech Pack of Choice: Clan (Purifier, Pakhet, Virago and Deathsrike)

#153 Daeron Katz

    Senior Marketing and Community Manager

  • Developer
  • Developer
  • 182 posts

Posted 11 November 2022 - 09:59 PM

View Postmasasa, on 08 November 2022 - 10:35 AM, said:

Hey just wondering if any other staff member can distribute the prizes for this event, since Daeron Katz seems to be on a sick leave?

Pilot name: masasa
Ultimate 'Mech Pack of Choice: Clan (Purifier, Pakhet, Virago and Deathsrike)

All sorted.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users