Gameplay Social

59 replies to this topic

#21 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 30 October 2022 - 03:37 PM

hmm i am waiting, some one is moody, so DING -- have you click my friend request, you seem so upset, i been playing seen the game started, maybe 2 years out of 10, with a team,
i do play solo,. there very bottom of TEIR 5, you need to be nice to be in a team, or in there time zone, being a AQ hole never got anyone AHEAD.

SAWK CLANNER PS the chosen ONE you MAY be, but your history has still to be READ ????

#22 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 October 2022 - 03:38 PM

View PostDing Toast is Ready, on 30 October 2022 - 01:29 PM, said:

You're one person, and your experience is not reflective of many others' experiences.
Can you recognize that the same is true about you?
You made a broad over-generalization, were called out on it and had this exact fact pointed out to you - and, I may add, in a very polite and civil manner.

It's your response that brought the actual arrogance and condescension into the conversation, even though you're either a newbie of two months or someone's throwaway alt. Not the first time you did that, BTW - since every time you joined a thread you opened with vitriol and accusations, perhaps it's time to examine how your own hostility sets the tone for the responses you get?

When you go on to dismiss Martian's experience as "not representative", you miss that given that he has - and continues to - spend a lot more time in the game than either your current account or Weeny, his experience is closer to the statisticaly average (and therefore, representative) player experience in T1 than either of yours. That's just how sampling works.

By your own prior admission, you've been unable to establish a foothold in T3 (and therefore aren'tgetting matched with T1s unless you either join a group of higher-tiered players or the queue is extremely empty on that particular day). This means that besides the one bad experience you've mentioned in some premade (which for all we know was from a unit that normalizes toxic attitudes), you have too little actual experience with T1 players in your matches for it to be representative either.

Edited by Horseman, 30 October 2022 - 03:58 PM.

#23 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 October 2022 - 04:05 PM

View PostDing Toast is Ready, on 30 October 2022 - 07:40 AM, said:

I'm still not sure why team damage is viewed as a mechanic to "encourage tactical play". It's an open avenue for bad actors to use for griefing, and a way to trip up well-meaning players who make mistakes and negatively impact their matchscore. There are so many ways to inflict it completely accidentally (artillery, crowded firing lanes, etc) and the amount of damage some mechs can put out in a single burst is quite high. FF penalty is a big double whammy in this game because you're not just inflicting team damage and incurring penalty for that, you're also wasting ammo/cooldown as that firepower is not going into an enemy. It seems punitive for the sake of being punitive.

You're overdramatizing, TBH.
Team damage happens, but unless someone is going for it deliberately or repeatedly failing to take nearby friendlies into account, it's not going to happen in sufficient amount to give them any significant trouble other than a 30 second queue hold every once in a while (protip: maxim 20 - If you're not willing to shell your own position, you're not willing to win).
As for bad actors, sufficient team damage will dramatically reduce their ability to play matches. On fresh accounts it supposedly leads to automatic bans.

View PostDing Toast is Ready, on 30 October 2022 - 04:03 PM, said:

I just turned my tier on to shove that in your face.
Bar is about 1/6 full.
Congratulations are in order, then, as despite your prior arguments to the contrary, you were able to learn and improve.

I have caught you T1s being terrible.
Hardly, as all I did was refer to your own statements on the matter. I'm neither psychic nor omniscient to know you've gotten better since then (especially not when you more or less argued that you can't) and your increase in tier doesn't make your experience in playing with T1 significantly closer to representative.

Edited by Horseman, 30 October 2022 - 04:12 PM.

#24 Maxzer

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 October 2022 - 05:35 PM

View PostWeeny Machine, on 30 October 2022 - 05:17 AM, said:

I took a couple of months off. I have been playing since ca. 4 days again. Today I was TKed right after the start etc. I repored him but hey, they won't do much as usual. First he said a half-assed sorry. Then: "when a light caps and is chilling at the first node".... Well, lights usually cap so the slow mechs can move forward and the light can easily overtake them later. So, the behaviour of people gets worse. I guess I will put that game aside. It seems there is not much fun left these days.

yea, I know what that's like honestly. I've been TK'd for going for the final Kill bc some Light mech wanted the last kill for himself. some people are just like that I guess lol.

I just tend to try and go for the OBJ but if I have to chase another medium or light mech for 10 min im gonna go and slay the last guy so the match isn't dragged on.

I may or may not just drop the game as a whole. and honestly... been playing since 2015 and honestly I have invested a hell of my time into it.
I just either need to find a group to play with or just quit. Idk what I wanna do tbh. just wanna play the game without any slips and or "falls" due to the TOXIC factions in QP as FACTION PLAY que is dead unless you play with a active group of 12 people

I used to play with HHOD alot but that group seems to have disbanded and none of the old ppl are still there it seems. so I may just try and find a group to play with

Edited by Maxzer, 30 October 2022 - 05:52 PM.

#25 Maxzer

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 October 2022 - 05:39 PM

View Postmartian, on 30 October 2022 - 12:01 PM, said:

Who knows. Lots of friendly damage can really hurt MS/PSR. With teamkills he is punishing himself.

VERY punishing, I lost 10% in one match because some medium mech thought blocking my shots when peaking a corner every time I peaked was a "funny and quirky" idea. not that he was intentionally doing it more of just bad timing as I CT CRIT him and chilled him and did over 150+ team damage that match. due to one guy just being unaware of his surroundings and getting infront of me lol

Edited by Maxzer, 30 October 2022 - 05:48 PM.

#26 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 30 October 2022 - 09:50 PM

View PostDing Toast is Ready, on 30 October 2022 - 01:29 PM, said:

I don't give a damn what you have and haven't personally seen. You're one person, and your experience is not reflective of many others' experiences. Portraying it as if it is, is the height of the arrogance and condescension I've come to expect from most people with that 1 below their user icon.

Yes, I am one person and that is why I wrote about what "I have seen" and "I have not seen".

Deliberate teamkills of the kind, that Weeny Machine described in the post #18, are very rare in my games. I just report them and move on.

Of course, accidental teamkills in the heat of the battle can happen: Mistaken identity of a friendly / enemy 'Mech during some fast brawl, misplaced artillery strike that collapses the critically damaged side torso of a friendly 'Mech, friendly 'Mech stepping in front of you just when you are unloading some huge alpha strike, etc.

#27 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 October 2022 - 09:56 PM

View PostDing Toast is Ready, on 30 October 2022 - 04:20 PM, said:

"Congratulations on climbing back into hell!"
Are you for real.
T3 turns this game into a banal misery seesaw and if I could condemn you to it like a hell I would.
I am for real. Also, duuuude... have you noticed that your attitude about your ranking is pretty toxic? Enjoy the game for what it is instead of bringing your IRL poor attitude into it.

T3 turns this game into a banal misery seesaw
This is a PVP game. An even remotely functional matchmaking system has to advance players to a point where their ranking stabilizes and they roughly win and lose by the same amounts.
Your WLR for this month is 0.96, so I'd say that it's getting there.
Believing you should be entitled to a constant win streak by letting you constantly stomp worse players? That makes you the very epitome of the toxic attitude you accuse T1s of, as you want something that will objectively make other players' experience worse than the one you complain about, just so that you can feel good about your ego.

It's probably been so long you forgot how that felt like.
2020, with the PSR reset. When the tier separation was set to 1, I had to put up actual effort to increase my rating and not drop out of T1 and it felt good.
Then PGI relaxed the restriction to 2 in order to speed up matchmaking - as demanded by certain casual players who I'm not even sure play the game any more, so you can thank them for the fact you have to face T1s as a T3 at all - and the overall challenge level dropped substantially.
I still mourn this change.

And then there was my experience in the comp queue just this year... strategizing on my side helped my team win three matches in twenty, by all indications without it we'd have won zero in twenty. Not great by any means, but our prep was a bloody mess so I'll take those victories where I can get them.

Someone should see to it that you T1s feel that MUCH more often from your stats.
https://leaderboard....arch?u=Horseman
https://leaderboard....=Horseman%20IIC
Compare with your own 0.96 for the current season.
The trick is to, instead of raging and whining when things don't go your way, learn from it. Sometimes there are things you could have done better, sometimes not, but patience and persistence will carry you up over time.
I barely care about my performance these days and despite dropping to 1/3rd of the bar in T1 a while ago, I'm back to near-maxed PSR bar on both accounts by now.

Maybe reinvigorating your appreciation for what it feels like to struggle will make you think twice before crapping on a teammate in VOIP.
Maybe you should consider that I don't have a habit of crapping on my teammates over VOIP?
Seriously, dude, you keep projecting your own ****** first experience onto all T1s. Did it ever strike you that that kind of prejudice is toxic?

Edited by Horseman, 30 October 2022 - 11:21 PM.

#28 Maxzer

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 October 2022 - 11:34 PM

View PostHorseman, on 30 October 2022 - 09:56 PM, said:

I am for real. Also, duuuude... have you noticed that your attitude about your ranking is pretty toxic? Enjoy the game for what it is instead of bringing your IRL poor attitude into it.
This is a PVP game. An even remotely functional matchmaking system has to advance players to a point where their ranking stabilizes and they roughly win and lose by the same amounts.
Your WLR for this month is 0.96, so I'd say that it's getting there.
Believing you should be entitled to a constant win streak by letting you constantly stomp worse players? That makes you the very epitome of the toxic attitude you accuse T1s of, as you want something that will objectively make other players' experience worse than the one you complain about, just so that you can feel good about your ego.
2020, with the PSR reset. When the tier separation was set to 1, I had to put up actual effort to increase my rating and not drop out of T1 and it felt good.
Then PGI relaxed the restriction to 2 in order to speed up matchmaking - as demanded by certain casual players who I'm not even sure play the game any more, so you can thank them for the fact you have to face T1s as a T3 at all - and the overall challenge level dropped substantially.
I still mourn this change.

And then there was my experience in the comp queue just this year... strategizing on my side helped my team win three matches in twenty, by all indications without it we'd have won zero in twenty. Not great by any means, but our prep was a bloody mess so I'll take those victories where I can get them.
https://leaderboard....arch?u=Horseman
https://leaderboard....=Horseman%20IIC
Compare with your own 0.96 for the current season.
The trick is to, instead of raging and whining when things don't go your way, learn from it. Sometimes there are things you could have done better, sometimes not, but patience and persistence will carry you up over time.
I barely care about my performance these days and despite dropping to 1/3rd of the bar in T1 a while ago, I'm back to near-maxed PSR bar on both accounts by now.
Maybe you should consider that I don't have a habit of crapping on my teammates over VOIP?
Seriously, dude, you keep projecting your own ****** first experience onto all T1s. Did it ever strike you that that kind of prejudice is toxic?

agreed, I don't think personally I am "entitled" as a T1 to fight lower level players that or not as skilled players. I prefer to battle against players that are better, stronger and smarter so that I can learn, adapt and overcome.

This game isn't easy in a sense when you play around TIER 2 or 1 as it is a No mans land and a constantly changing battlefield as the "higher level" players tend to be at.

I find a lot of enjoyment in learning from better players as it helps me get better.
and the fact that someone thinks that playing against players that are basically "green" is fair and that they are "entitled to it" is kinda wack to be honest.

you should strive for more and want to learn. but I am not surprised by any means that that is the case with the person you are quoting horseman.

Like i'm gonna be honest, stomping an enemy team can be fun at times but when it happens over and over again it gets stale and ruins the flow of the game.

personally I love those long engagements, trading blows and fighting to the last man. IMO that's a lot more fun than steam rolling the enemy team, not to mention not every T1 is a subjugating D- Bag.

Most of the T-1's that I have meet only try to help, yes maybe one or two bad eggs but most of them meant well. maybe not entirely helpful sometimes but its at least better than dealing with xX_CLAN MCGEE360420_Xx screaming at you in VOIP because you didn't use coolshot at the PERFECT PIXEL MOMENT.

Edited by Maxzer, 30 October 2022 - 11:55 PM.

#29 evil kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 143 posts

Posted 31 October 2022 - 01:44 AM

idk why, but as games die, its the most toxic people who end up sticking around, so that at the end of a games lifespan, theres nothing but badmouthing and epeen stroking left. guess where we are in this games lifecycle... rofl.

#30 Maxzer

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 October 2022 - 02:15 AM

View Postevil kerensky, on 31 October 2022 - 01:44 AM, said:

idk why, but as games die, its the most toxic people who end up sticking around, so that at the end of a games lifespan, theres nothing but badmouthing and epeen stroking left. guess where we are in this games lifecycle... rofl.

this game is now 9 years old.. almost 10. and its a niche game which doesn't help. so sadly this is very true

#31 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 31 October 2022 - 03:00 AM

View Postevil kerensky, on 31 October 2022 - 01:44 AM, said:

I have witnessed "badmouthing and epeen stroking" pretty much since closed beta so...

#32 Maxzer

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 October 2022 - 03:56 AM

View PostCurccu, on 31 October 2022 - 03:00 AM, said:

I have witnessed "badmouthing and epeen stroking" pretty much since closed beta so...

Same, just really a tossup on who you get nowadays in QP honestly. sometimes you get someone who just wants to talk TRASH and other times you get a team player.

#33 Maxzer

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 October 2022 - 08:40 PM

View PostDing Toast is Ready, on 31 October 2022 - 09:09 AM, said:

Of the players I have identified as being in T1 most are silent or will engage in badmouthing/insults/bellowing. Some are helpful. It has not been a majority so far.

Just going to shut off comms entirely. Helpful comms are vanishingly rare anyway, and I don't feel any desire to be part of this community in any sense but shooting things.

It seems to really depend especially what server you play on. USA servers usually seem pretty fine but as soon as I turn on EU or OSC most of the Toxicity rises.

Other than that, most T1's I have meet usually are good people.

#34 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 01 November 2022 - 04:51 PM

HMM 1 DAY we will meet, you do seem to be able to handle above tier 3, and i hope you do ok never meeting me or SCUM like me in TIER 5 . BUT i do think its going that way FOR YOU.

STAY WITH IT BE THE CHOSEN ONE.

PS SAWK CLANNER ----

#35 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 02 November 2022 - 12:45 AM

View PostDing Toast is Ready, on 31 October 2022 - 09:09 AM, said:

Of the players I have identified as being in T1 most are silent or will engage in badmouthing/insults/bellowing. Some are helpful. It has not been a majority so far.

Just going to shut off comms entirely. Helpful comms are vanishingly rare anyway, and I don't feel any desire to be part of this community in any sense but shooting things.

The grouped dudes are usually in their own VOIPs com channel.

Edited by Weeny Machine, 02 November 2022 - 12:46 AM.

#36 The Captain Dead

• PipPip
  • Warrior - Point 2
  • 21 posts
  • LocationNantes (France)

Posted 02 November 2022 - 03:02 AM

I just left a game making a charge on the enemi because a teammate shot me in the back.

I just said in the chat that it was a trash party because we had two disconnected just one minute after the game was launched. We were playing on Terra terma

Already the players don’t like to play as a team, if in addition now they shoot you in the back because you say it’s a "waste of time" game because people leave the game because the card doesn’t like it.

#37 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 02 November 2022 - 05:44 AM

Sounds like you drew the short straw with that 4 man OP.

#38 Strelok7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 02 November 2022 - 02:34 PM

You got to remember that you are sometimes playing with childrenPosted Image, and also certain immature adults.Posted Image Plus action games are tension inducing. If you win = awesome, lose = anger. BTW - watch out for transferring that anger on your family members after playing, it is not fair to them.

I lost - so I have to flame and vent - cause I won't get my dopamine, let me spread my anger.

Just know what you are in for at that particular game day. If you are determined to have fun, take action to not let others be a drain on you. Garbage and hate on VOIP = OFF it goes, garbage in chat = don't bother reading. Rounds suck - no biggie - log off, come back another time. Go do something else.

Enjoy your time!

#39 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 02 November 2022 - 02:53 PM

View PostDing Toast is Ready, on 02 November 2022 - 10:17 AM, said:

It's very easy to feign a mournful attitude
I feign nothing. You're welcome to examine my posting history and you'll find strongly worded opinions from the time the change was announced, when I was fighting to stay afloat in T1 - and enjoying the hell out of every minute of that.

towards NOT facing the same continuous return to the 1.0 mean from your position, T1.
You really don't get it. I hate matches that are won easily. It's the clutch scenarios that are actually fun, and the more restrictive matchmaker did produce these more often.
Along with not allowing T1s to farm T3s so easily, it also did not allow T3s to farm T5s for easy wins. The only downside to that were higher wait times.
If you're actually trying to argue that you prefer the current worse matchmaking, then you have no leg to complain when it bites you on the ***.

You'd bemoan me ticking higher than 1.0 in my tier
No, you still fail to understand what I told you before: any WLR above 1 means you outperform your opponents and most likely belong in a higher tier, with more demanding opponents (or the matchmaker is too relaxed and feeds you weak opponents... which has been an issue ever since the tier restriction was relaxed) . If it's consistently above 1.0 for anyone it means the matchmaker has a massive problem.
That's a matchmaking problem.

as you turn a blind eye to your tiermates maintaining 2.0, 3.0, 4.0 or higher.
I don't.

It's DIFFERENT when you're the beneficiary, right?
No, because matches that are too easy PISS ME OFF. Good matchmaking would prevent me from massively overperforming my own or enemy team with any regularity.
Seeing how you're the one arguing you should get to stay in low tiers so that you can seal club, it's fairly clear that you're just projecting your own insecurities onto me. Quit that, I'm not your strawman.

Where's your hue and cry to rein THEM in?
Same as my "hue and cry" to rein you in, son: whenever and wherever the subject is discussed.
That you're unable to understand the argument how certain changes would advantage both of us is a you problem.

Edited by Horseman, 02 November 2022 - 03:05 PM.

#40 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 02 November 2022 - 04:54 PM

HMM SO moody AGAIN, this is a game that has a SHORT LIFE left, it is over 10 years old or so, what you need is a TRAINER or TEACHER, and a team to support you.

HMM go BUY some land, and SAY your KING, BUT get folks to HELP you----- then TAX them 15% and YOUR golden age begins everyone likes you, and does what you say

SAWK CLANNER PS i wish to speak with you

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users