65 replies to this topic

#1 Darian DelFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 November 2022 - 07:02 PM

Will it ever be addressed? I mean, this is getting ridiculous. PPC's were never meant to be brawling weapons. One quick Double tap of a UAC dual 20 and you have 80 points of damage. It seems since I have come back from a year and a half hiatus....... Damn the power creep.

#2 Pixel Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 380 posts

Posted 04 November 2022 - 07:35 PM

yeah, it can be a little nutty I agree. I'm running an MRM 80 highlander with an UAC 5 I'm thinking about dropping for large lasers because UAC5's seem kinda useless. not really grwat when the big dog UAC20's seem to have the same jam chance

#3 Ken Harkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 359 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York, USA

Posted 04 November 2022 - 07:51 PM

Snub PPCs are most definitely brawling weapons.

#4 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 04 November 2022 - 08:58 PM

Wait till you try to out trade SPL Crusader 6T at sub 200 metres. At least PPCs have a cooldown and HSL.

#5 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,276 posts

Posted 04 November 2022 - 10:36 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 04 November 2022 - 07:02 PM, said:

Will it ever be addressed? I mean, this is getting ridiculous. PPC's were never meant to be brawling weapons. One quick Double tap of a UAC dual 20 and you have 80 points of damage. It seems since I have come back from a year and a half hiatus....... Damn the power creep.

Did you see Snub-Nose PPCs in the game just a few weeks ago, before they were slightly toned down after their original boost?

Everybody and their grandma was boating them. Posted Image

#6 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 05 November 2022 - 03:40 AM

Have you considered facing fewer than 12 enemy mechs at once? That tends to increase TTK quite a bit.

#7 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 05 November 2022 - 08:03 AM

Pretty sure the state of alpha is you cannot stand still in a flea, same as it has always been.

#8 feeWAIVER

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 05 November 2022 - 08:53 AM

you don't need an 80pt alpha to do well though..
As long as you're trading your shots well, and putting out more dmg than your receiving, you'll be good.

#9 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 November 2022 - 09:25 AM

View Postmartian, on 04 November 2022 - 10:36 PM, said:

Did you see Snub-Nose PPCs in the game just a few weeks ago, before they were slightly toned down after their original boost?

Aye but I was just coming back after a long hiatus. Everyone and their grandmother is still boating them.

View PostLockheed_, on 05 November 2022 - 02:28 AM, said:

so will what be addressed? High alphas or PPCs? seems like two complaints in one.
Snub PPCs are very much brawling PPCs, that's why they are short range.
Double UAC20 generate a **** load of GH if the mech doesn't come with HSL+1 and as it's 80 dmg distributed of over 12 projectiles that's not that good. no reason to address UAC40.

Talking about Alphas in general, was using the PPC's and UACs as an example. It is very hard to dodge a double tap depending on your range.

If by short range you mean just shy of 400 meters? With the amount that you can boat on those things. 400 meters is not short range, that is medium range. Short is less than 200.

View PostGagis, on 05 November 2022 - 03:40 AM, said:

Have you considered facing fewer than 12 enemy mechs at once? That tends to increase TTK quite a bit.

hehehe I only face that if I am the last mech standing in a stomp...... then I turn into a Kamikazee

View PostJohn Bronco, on 05 November 2022 - 08:03 AM, said:

Pretty sure the state of alpha is you cannot stand still in a flea, same as it has always been.

Rarely do I.

View PostfeeWAIVER, on 05 November 2022 - 08:53 AM, said:

you don't need an 80pt alpha to do well though..
As long as you're trading your shots well, and putting out more dmg than your receiving, you'll be good.

Aye

#10 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,276 posts

Posted 05 November 2022 - 09:58 AM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 05 November 2022 - 09:25 AM, said:

Aye but I was just coming back after a long hiatus. Everyone and their grandmother is still boating them.

It was much worse two or three months ago. All IS 'Mechs with at least two or three energy hardpoints run nothing but Snubbies. Posted Image

#11 Heavy Money

• The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 05 November 2022 - 11:47 AM

Strange to see a thread complaining about Alphas bringing up brawling weapons and not 50 PPFLD Snipers.

#12 S t P a u l y

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 November 2022 - 01:08 PM

I think all weapons should be removed, and replaced by hugs and kisses.

#13 Rosarius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 196 posts
  • LocationHervey Bay, Australia

Posted 05 November 2022 - 03:12 PM

UAC burst is OP
Machine gun lights are OP
SPL is OP.
Blue lasers are OP
Long range PPFLD is OP
Poptarts are OP
ECM is OP

How about we have all mechs and weapons removed except for atlases and small lasers?

#14 Dyex

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 November 2022 - 04:05 PM

Think a mentional part of the major powercreep is also in part to the reworked skill tree in the last year too.
Now more then ever heat management and skill quirks let you pull off some powerful alphas.

#15 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 05 November 2022 - 04:08 PM

LOL ever since this chat started, i have started playing mechs of the PAST, stuff i built years ago, more than likely, mechs you can not build anymore.
TIMBERWOLF 4 ER LARGE, that shoot as fast as present day ER med lazers, have you LEARNED THAT, i also carry all the clan sensors and target computer, completed with jump jets.
been doing ok. getting alot of assist, can shot at 1400 range, every now and then some light stays near me, and we clean house, it is alot OO FUN.

SAWK CLANNER

#16 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 05 November 2022 - 05:35 PM

except heavy PPcs but i dunno aren't those medium range?

#17 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 946 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 06 November 2022 - 01:16 AM

Frankly, if you say alphas are to low, well, THIS GAME IS NOT BATTLETECH.
If you imply that alphas are to high, it is because THIS GAME IS NOT BATTLETECH.
Either way, the choice is yours but do not get fooled by the MechWarrior in the title. It is like the NetFlix's Witcher: Loosely and hardly based on the original Witcher...

I see why damage got nerfed compared with armour in a multiplayer game (enough whines and cries about "sudden deaths" by the way on these forums). Just accept it and try to get out the best from what we have\got\forced to accept "is as is".

#18 Pixel Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 380 posts

Posted 06 November 2022 - 07:20 AM

View PostRosarius, on 05 November 2022 - 03:12 PM, said:

How about we have all mechs and weapons removed except for atlases and small lasers?

I'd play that event. would be a riot

#19 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 06 November 2022 - 08:19 AM

View Postmartian, on 04 November 2022 - 10:36 PM, said:

that was before 2 nerf passes (or was it 3). they are fine now.

id argue that they were fine before the nerfs, their uptake was mostly because they were made usable and people were desperate to change up the stale state of the game at the time.

Edited by LordNothing, 06 November 2022 - 08:45 AM.

#20 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,276 posts

Posted 06 November 2022 - 08:40 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 06 November 2022 - 08:19 AM, said:

that was before 2 nerf passes (or was it 3). they are fine now.

id argue that they were fine before the nerfs, their uptake was mostly because they were made usable and people were desperate to change up the stale state of the game at the time.

I still see a good number of them in the game, albeit not as many as in Summer.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users