Is/clan Artemis System

31 replies to this topic

#21 caravann

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 385 posts

Posted 19 November 2022 - 11:59 AM

Spread stacks with each gun that even if theoretical that artemis SRM reduce spread the spread is already exponentially big enough that a stack of SRM will hit all over the mech, making it no better than a MRM.

Artemis LRM 15 do have a usefulness since it weight less. We pay less weight and shoot fewer amount of missiles which means we get an extra ton of missiles and since we don't stack as many guns the spread won't be all over the place. The case that Clan stream fire means there's no reason to keep multiple LRM on the mech since we won't be able to stack them.

The Clan LRM will either become intercepted or have a good effect and this is repeated for each gun. But if each player had one Artemis clan LRM15 each it wouldn't matter if a clan mech has one or four or six LRM brackets. Each gun is tested to the AMS and as each gun is added the spread increases. That's why Artemis on a mech with only LRM has no impact

What are we comparing with? There are no LRM120 Brackets , at best there are LRM20 and artemis added to the exponential increase of spread means that once we reach LRM40 there's nothing to compare with in spread.

two artemis LRM20 = LRM40 will never gain a spread reduction lower than a single LRM20

#22 caravann

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 385 posts

Posted 19 November 2022 - 12:18 PM

You get low signal when standing next to a mech with ECM.

Are you out of your mind.

Using Artemis SRM within range of ECM.

#23 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 19 November 2022 - 01:18 PM

View Postcaravann, on 19 November 2022 - 12:18 PM, said:

You get low signal when standing next to a mech with ECM.

Are you out of your mind.

Using Artemis SRM within range of ECM.

SRM or SRM with Artemis doesn't care about ECM, it's not lock on weapon... what are you talking about? Are you out of your mind?

#24 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,276 posts

Posted 19 November 2022 - 01:45 PM

View PostCurccu, on 19 November 2022 - 01:18 PM, said:

SRM or SRM with Artemis doesn't care about ECM, it's not lock on weapon... what are you talking about? Are you out of your mind?

I guess that he means that enemy ECM field negates the Artemis IV bonus and thus makes Artemis IV dead weight.

#25 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 19 November 2022 - 03:24 PM

View Postmartian, on 19 November 2022 - 01:45 PM, said:

I guess that he means that enemy ECM field negates the Artemis IV bonus and thus makes Artemis IV dead weight.

Does ECM actually do that?

#26 BumbleBee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 527 posts

Posted 19 November 2022 - 06:43 PM

Yep. I often carry a BAP as that disables the enemy ECM up close just for that reason

#27 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,276 posts

Posted 20 November 2022 - 05:07 AM

View PostCurccu, on 19 November 2022 - 03:24 PM, said:

Does ECM actually do that?

You must ask him.

#28 Brizna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,363 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 20 November 2022 - 05:55 AM

There's two things that have been mostly ignored in this thread that give Artemis more value.

a ) HPD, or Heat per Damage, Artemis launchers are more effective at dealing damage (less missiles miss due to spread) and concentrate the damage better to rip off components, obviously this depends on your target, your aim and range. Hard to miss an Atlas at point blank range.

b ) Augmenting tubes increases theoretical DPS, but it's just that theoretical, missiles still have to hit the target individually which again depends on your target, your aim and range. Additionally missed missiles because of spread are ammo wasted, more tubes naturally need more ammo, partially negating the weight and slot penalty of Artemis.

Edited by Brizna, 20 November 2022 - 05:57 AM.

#29 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 20 November 2022 - 10:57 AM

View Postmartian, on 20 November 2022 - 05:07 AM, said:

You must ask him.

I wouldn't ever ask any information from caravann because he posts faulty information pretty often.

Your quote to my post left me with impression that you would know if ECM disable Artemis SRM spread reduction? I have not heard before that if would, but that doesn't mean that I'm correct. So if you or anyone actually knows for a fact how it works, please do tell.

MechDB wiki doesn't mention ECM doing that either.

#30 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,276 posts

Posted 20 November 2022 - 11:35 AM

View PostCurccu, on 20 November 2022 - 10:57 AM, said:

I wouldn't ever ask any information from caravann because he posts faulty information pretty often.

Your quote to my post left me with impression that you would know if ECM disable Artemis SRM spread reduction? I have not heard before that if would, but that doesn't mean that I'm correct. So if you or anyone actually knows for a fact how it works, please do tell.

MechDB wiki doesn't mention ECM doing that either.

Posted Image

Essentially, missile launchers equipped with Artemis IV FCS lose their benefits and they behave just like standard non-enhanced launchers. That is how I understand it.

#31 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 22 November 2022 - 10:36 PM

Yeah Artemis is disabled when inside an enemy EM disrupt bubble.

#32 RockmachinE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 25 November 2022 - 04:58 PM

If I'd have to call it I'd say ARTEMIS might only be worth it on SRM6s and even then only if its your primary weapon and you're boating them.

For LRMs at the moment its not worth it. I'd say experiment with it for shi*s and giggles and see if you notice any difference at all. If you do, see if its worth the extra tonnage and crit space.

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users