65 replies to this topic

#21 Meep Meep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,906 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 20 November 2022 - 08:26 PM

I don't think tier 1 can see tier 4 but yea tier 3 is close enough to farm.

#22 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 21 November 2022 - 04:17 AM

View PostEider, on 20 November 2022 - 04:42 AM, said:

Love how people keep denying the obvious then wonder why the base of this game is so small. There is even videos and lights are on par with assaults. But as they have keept listening to deniers the game gets what it deserves.

Yep extremely biased videos from data for example but hey lets not hard facts and numbers tell the truth, instead go by feeling..
Latest season data really played the game (quickplay part at least) S73:
Lights WL:2.93 KDR:1.72 AMS:416
Assaults WL:2.4 KDR:3.03 AMS:476

S72
Lights WL:2.04 KDR:2.88 AMS:423
Assaults WL:4.55 KDR:4.03 AMS:482

This is repeating trend if you bother checking older seasons so I call your lights are par to assaults total bullzhit.

#23 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 21 November 2022 - 08:32 AM

Jokku...1 post in the account's lifetime... do I need to say more?

Edited by Weeny Machine, 21 November 2022 - 08:32 AM.

#24 Ken Harkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 359 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York, USA

Posted 21 November 2022 - 09:15 AM

OP has one post in 7 years and it is to complain about lights, that is it. That just seems strange.

Does he stay with the group?
Does he boat only long range weapons and stay away from support?
Is he relying almost entirely on LRMs?

Some builds fight lights better than others and if you are going to take a build which cannot deal with a Flea or Arctic Cheetah then you better stay with the pack because NOTHING attracts a light to your *** like a continuous stream of LRMs from far away from supporting mechs or a long range sniper in a heavy or assault just sitting out there poking. If that is the game you want to play then you better bring something as a backup and invest in seismic sensor but even then sitting alone while two lights work you over is going to get you dead.

Edited by Ken Harkin, 21 November 2022 - 09:15 AM.

#25 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 November 2022 - 05:39 AM

View PostCurccu, on 21 November 2022 - 04:17 AM, said:

Yep extremely biased videos from data for example but hey lets not hard facts and numbers tell the truth, instead go by feeling..
Latest season data really played the game (quickplay part at least) S73:
Lights WL:2.93 KDR:1.72 AMS:416
Assaults WL:2.4 KDR:3.03 AMS:476

S72
Lights WL:2.04 KDR:2.88 AMS:423
Assaults WL:4.55 KDR:4.03 AMS:482

This is repeating trend if you bother checking older seasons so I call your lights are par to assaults total bullzhit.

Just a question, I have been trying to get stuff like this, I use Jarl's and MWO's leaderboard is there any other sites out there that track this stuff. I can never seem to break it down like that. HOnestly I would love to know how the AMS for a light is that high.

And anyone who says lights are on par with assaults has no clue about the game.

Edited by Darian DelFord, 22 November 2022 - 05:41 AM.

#26 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 22 November 2022 - 05:50 AM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 22 November 2022 - 05:39 AM, said:

Just a question, I have been trying to get stuff like this, I use Jarl's and MWO's leaderboard is there any other sites out there that track this stuff. I can never seem to break it down like that. HOnestly I would love to know how the AMS for a light is that high.

https://mwomercs.com...=Darian+DelFord

Just MWO leaderboards and with some effort you can get more specific info out sadly Jarl's doesn't have it all separated.

Watch his twitch/youtube if he is still playing, he is probably playing high dps lights so he can get enough damage to form that MS.

#27 feeWAIVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 22 November 2022 - 06:41 AM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 22 November 2022 - 05:39 AM, said:

For an AMS of 400ish, he's probably averaging around 600 dmg per game in a light.
Being a light seems to give bonus AMS, and playing in certain timezones and with certain groups can make it easier as well.

#28 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 November 2022 - 06:58 AM

View PostCurccu, on 22 November 2022 - 05:50 AM, said:

https://mwomercs.com...=Darian+DelFord

Just MWO leaderboards and with some effort you can get more specific info out sadly Jarl's doesn't have it all separated.

Watch his twitch/youtube if he is still playing, he is probably playing high dps lights so he can get enough damage to form that MS.

View PostfeeWAIVER, on 22 November 2022 - 06:41 AM, said:

For an AMS of 400ish, he's probably averaging around 600 dmg per game in a light.
Being a light seems to give bonus AMS, and playing in certain timezones and with certain groups can make it easier as well.

Oh now I understand........ This is DATA's information....... I misread I thought it was lights in general. I was trying to figure out how the heck lights AMS was that high Posted Image

#29 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 22 November 2022 - 07:49 AM

View PostfeeWAIVER, on 22 November 2022 - 06:41 AM, said:

I had matches in a light with nearly 600 dmg and a sucky match score of 170 simply because the team folded that fast that I had no time to finish anyone off without risking to be overrun and the pros in their heavies and assaults already folded like wet cardboard

#30 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 November 2022 - 08:07 AM

Man I wish I could One shot an Assault Mechs Legs right off while they are running 148 KPH and zig Zagging

Props to whomever actually made this shot....... Guess Hit Reg ain't as rampant as some make out out.

#31 METAL SEPARATOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 378 posts

Posted 22 November 2022 - 09:49 AM

I can't share the OP's emotions on the matter.

#32 Blood Rose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 989 posts
  • LocationHalf a mile away in a Gausszilla

Posted 22 November 2022 - 04:47 PM

View PostJokku, on 10 November 2022 - 04:34 PM, said:

I expect a certain kind of quality when it comes to the game I play. That being said. I used to have fun playing mwo. N O W the game is full of troll's and Troll mechs. Every game I play we are being swarmed with light mechs. Get gud u say... I dare you to fight 2 or more machine gun shooting lil ******* with out getting mad or angry. If that isn't enough. Some maps encourage exploitation.. Namely Solaris City and several other maps that you know as well. Light mechs jump into crevices and ledges to snipe with no risk of being shot thx to ECM-stealth. I do not blame the player base. Humans are geared to exploit anything that isn't nailed down. PGI has let this go on far to long. The people playing their game has shrunk as well. I unfortunately am a Battle Tech fan boy. So I will continue to be a salty heifer until they perma ban me. As of now!!!! I will no longer support your game. I will no longer tell friends to come play your game. I will no longer give you my monthly donation of dollar bucks!!

Your very angry average mech pilot: J O K K U

Part time Light Mech jock here - please can you tell me the chassis and loadouts used by these super deadly Light pilots? Mine usually manage less than 200 damage before some Assault or Heavy lazily farts in their general direction and blow them apart.

#33 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,906 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 22 November 2022 - 05:09 PM

View PostBlood Rose, on 22 November 2022 - 04:47 PM, said:

Part time Light Mech jock here - please can you tell me the chassis and loadouts used by these super deadly Light pilots? Mine usually manage less than 200 damage before some Assault or Heavy lazily farts in their general direction and blow them apart.

In the current meta if you are not top tier material? Something small and fast with long range weapons. Buzzsaw piranha fits used to be meta before all the cauldron changes but I find my pir-a is much more effective now after all the survivability and alpha buffs sitting back and farming from 400m+ on distracted mechs.

Snipir

Those boated lmg have more dps than a rac2 but none of the drawbacks since they are hitscan like lasers and never jam or produce heat. You might think that 12k ammo is too much but with a 400m+ optimal you should be spraying it at everything in range and range is your greatest friend in a tiny fragile light. Now of course this is a solo quick play build since the shortrange buzzsaw fit is perfectly fine if you are rolling with experienced lance mates who work well together.

Also a good one is the venerable fle-20 now that er meds have been buffed enough to not be useless anymore.

Fleaseus Backstabbicus

Again keep your distance and pick on distracted mechs and you will find you do so much better.

#34 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 22 November 2022 - 11:40 PM

View PostMeep Meep, on 22 November 2022 - 05:09 PM, said:

Fleaseus Backstabbicus

Again keep your distance and pick on distracted mechs and you will find you do so much better.

Incumburance Rangestabbimus mech to annoy enemy to death and it actually can drill through bigger mech quite fast from far away. 104 wubwub dmg in 16 seconds with skilltree.
Cons vs that flea: masc, ecm, profile and weapon placement.
Pros: a lot of range, cooldown, burnduration, alpha (by 1 point Posted Image), dps/sustained dps.

#35 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,906 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 23 November 2022 - 01:49 AM

Well if we are going the big gun route then this is viable too as the pir has decently high arm mounts so you only expose half when poking and shooting up or down is a breeze.

GunSlinger

Flank around and apply 36 point burns then slip away or stick with the group and shoot what they shoot. If piranha had access to ecm they would be op.

Also that fle has 421m optimal and almost 900 max so you can apply half your alpha out to ~700m which can take out red open components for the most part.

The only real drawback is the poor heat dissipation as you can't boat any sinks but with full skills its more than enough to kill a mech from backstabs before you max the heat bar. Careful with the override because even with full structure and the -50% overheat damage you cook off after just a couple of dips into the ct structure.

#36 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 23 November 2022 - 03:31 AM

View PostMeep Meep, on 23 November 2022 - 01:49 AM, said:

Well if we are going the big gun route then this is viable too as the pir has decently high arm mounts so you only expose half when poking and shooting up or down is a breeze.

GunSlinger

Flank around and apply 36 point burns then slip away or stick with the group and shoot what they shoot. If piranha had access to ecm they would be op.

Also that fle has 421m optimal and almost 900 max so you can apply half your alpha out to ~700m which can take out red open components for the most part.

The only real drawback is the poor heat dissipation as you can't boat any sinks but with full skills its more than enough to kill a mech from backstabs before you max the heat bar. Careful with the override because even with full structure and the -50% overheat damage you cook off after just a couple of dips into the ct structure.

Personally not fan of HLLs on light. really not in any mech if I can fit LPLs instead... too long exposure, that 1,45 seconds is long enough time that even less twitchy player can take counter shot.
Might actually be playable on incubus with -15% burn as it is only ~1 second with skilltree and +4 DHS but dunno... I fancy those LPLs with even longer range and only 0.7 second burn, so much safer.

#37 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,906 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 23 November 2022 - 07:40 AM

Sure, but its a 20 tonner with two heavy larges and thats already almost too much for the poor little thing weight wise. Burn time isn't optimal which is why I was saying its more a group kinda gunboat but the few times I've used it flanking was fine due to the arms range of motion so you can shoot up or down more easily. I'd still take the flea as ecm is such a crutch when playing lights. Posted Image

#38 RockmachinE

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 24 November 2022 - 07:31 AM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 22 November 2022 - 08:07 AM, said:

Man I wish I could One shot an Assault Mechs Legs right off while they are running 148 KPH and zig Zagging

Props to whomever actually made this shot....... Guess Hit Reg ain't as rampant as some make out out.

That "god damn" sounded like you were expecting a different kind of outcome. WTF did you think was gonna happen you had like 5 dudes shooting at you out in the open. Posted Image

Edited by Louis Brofist, 24 November 2022 - 07:35 AM.

#39 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 November 2022 - 08:07 AM

View PostLouis Brofist, on 24 November 2022 - 07:31 AM, said:

That "god damn" sounded like you were expecting a different kind of outcome. WTF did you think was gonna happen you had like 5 dudes shooting at you out in the open. Posted Image

LOL

Actually there were quite a few of us, then my team chickened out and hid behind the corner, leaving me high and dry.

I swear this Poke and hide meta that the caldron made worse with these balance changes is nauseating. The front man takes one hit, and the entire team backs up around a corner.

#40 RockmachinE

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 24 November 2022 - 08:12 AM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 24 November 2022 - 08:07 AM, said:

I swear this Poke and hide meta that the caldron made worse with these balance changes is nauseating. The front man takes one hit, and the entire team backs up around a corner.

Agreed. It's too much.

17 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users