Jump to content

Patch Notes - 1.4.269.0 - 22 -November-2022


55 replies to this topic

#21 G4LV4TR0N

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 902 posts

Posted 18 November 2022 - 02:15 PM

Do I understand properly that Platinum Collection 09 will not count towards this year's annual reward(but most likely should qualify for 2023 annual prizes)?

#22 w0qj

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 2,581 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 18 November 2022 - 02:39 PM

Platinum Collection 09 would come out after the 2022 Annual (Loyalty) Reward ends...

Not to worry... and then the counter resets...

ie:
Platinum Collection 09 should count towards 2023 Annual (Loyalty) Rewards when it comes out...

#23 Lurm God

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 78 posts

Posted 18 November 2022 - 05:25 PM

Level designer did awesome with the patch notes as well!

#24 Staude

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 222 posts

Posted 18 November 2022 - 07:15 PM

No weapons and mechs change
No new quirks!
So now we have the perfect mech balance?

#25 Rhaelcan

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 November 2022 - 08:04 PM

View PostStaude, on 18 November 2022 - 07:15 PM, said:

No weapons and mechs change
No new quirks!
So now we have the perfect mech balance?


They aren't changing much because its currently comp season, and don't want any meta changing things.

#26 ghost1e

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 352 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 November 2022 - 11:30 PM

<.< cool

#27 Ralph Edwards

    Member

  • PipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 November 2022 - 02:27 AM

Heck yes this looks to be a good patch. Thank you for getting these fixes in! Happy Turkey Day to you all!

#28 -Teiwaz-

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 202 posts
  • Location43.44978 -80.48909

Posted 19 November 2022 - 05:37 AM

Very happy with the map fixes but I do have one request of the map designer. Regarding the ghost trees, if it is not possible to turn them into breakable assets could you simply remove them?

#29 Far Reach

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 97 posts

Posted 19 November 2022 - 05:53 AM

Massssssive thumbs up for the collision and boundary fixes!

#30 chaosshade2638

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 58 posts
  • LocationAround

Posted 19 November 2022 - 07:28 AM

Nice to see the map fixes, I'm so tired of stumbling over stuff or getting stuck randomly.

#31 HGAK47

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 19 November 2022 - 07:53 AM

On the face of it some nice changes to maps and good news about additional dev resources, im happy to hear that. Think I might go and spend a little money on this game, nice to see some small but positive improvements.

#32 TheCaptainJZ

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,254 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 November 2022 - 08:36 AM

That's good news you got some additional staff! I have to admit, I was not optimistic you'd be able to fill vacancies given the game's age.

Love seeing map fixes. There's plenty of cleanup needed on just about all of them. I'd love to see some tweaks to Solaris city. Since release, it's always performed worse. An early suggestion was to remove the water so it doesn't have to be rendered. This seems a solid suggestion. I have complaints about the outskirts of the city--dead ends, narrow gaps you think you can walk through but can't. Pathing is sometimes bad out there and it certainly doesn't have to be.

If you decide to make a new reskinned map, I'd suggest Mining Collective as some kind of natural grassy arena with hills, trees, and rocks. Similar overall but different in feel with round edges and could change gameplay up with different navigation.

Edited by TheCaptainJZ, 19 November 2022 - 08:38 AM.


#33 Ilostmycactus

    Member

  • PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 November 2022 - 03:22 PM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 19 November 2022 - 08:36 AM, said:

That's good news you got some additional staff! I have to admit, I was not optimistic you'd be able to fill vacancies given the game's age.

Love seeing map fixes. There's plenty of cleanup needed on just about all of them. I'd love to see some tweaks to Solaris city. Since release, it's always performed worse. An early suggestion was to remove the water so it doesn't have to be rendered. This seems a solid suggestion. I have complaints about the outskirts of the city--dead ends, narrow gaps you think you can walk through but can't. Pathing is sometimes bad out there and it certainly doesn't have to be.

If you decide to make a new reskinned map, I'd suggest Mining Collective as some kind of natural grassy arena with hills, trees, and rocks. Similar overall but different in feel with round edges and could change gameplay up with different navigation.

My computer is aging and doesn't have the best cpu anymore, but my performance absolutely tanks every time I play Solaris.


Personally I'm a little disappointed that there are so few balancing changes. I really enjoy it when mechs get hyperquirked into something new. It gives me an excuse to try new mechs.

I'm definitely happy that the game is receiving more map updates etc. I do wonder why you would ever go in the center of the caldera now, with zero cover and extra heat.

Having new platinum mechs every month gives me mixed feelings. They're neat, but at this point I'd rather pick and choose what mech I want.

#34 Lockheed_

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 334 posts

Posted 19 November 2022 - 05:13 PM

View PostIlostmycactus, on 19 November 2022 - 03:22 PM, said:

Personally I'm a little disappointed that there are so few balancing changes. I really enjoy it when mechs get hyperquirked into something new. It gives me an excuse to try new mechs.


December is gonna get more again.

#35 KursedVixen

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 1,753 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 19 November 2022 - 09:51 PM

I grow tired of this set of 8 thing it really stifles customization on an Omni in some cases.

I'd like to see more omnis with more non set of 8 quirks so you can mix and match parts and quirks you like for your current build...

Edited by KursedVixen, 19 November 2022 - 09:52 PM.


#36 w0qj

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 2,581 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 20 November 2022 - 12:27 AM

Personally, I think that Set-of-7 (SO7) should still enjoy the set benefits,
especially if there's a timeline expansion of weapon/equipment (similar to that of the MWO Civil War timeline update)!


View PostKursedVixen, on 19 November 2022 - 09:51 PM, said:

I grow tired of this set of 8 thing it really stifles customization on an Omni in some cases.

I'd like to see more omnis with more non set of 8 quirks so you can mix and match parts and quirks you like for your current build...


#37 Pz_DC

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Corporal
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 20 November 2022 - 04:20 AM

All maps cleanup is cool but close to be absolutely useless unless You add weapon fire line indicator like it was in MW4...

Edited by Pz_DC, 20 November 2022 - 04:21 AM.


#38 martian

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,118 posts

Posted 20 November 2022 - 05:33 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 19 November 2022 - 09:51 PM, said:

I grow tired of this set of 8 thing it really stifles customization on an Omni in some cases.

I'd like to see more omnis with more non set of 8 quirks so you can mix and match parts and quirks you like for your current build...

You can mix and match OmniPods on Clan OmniMechs as you see fit. This can be enormous advantage.

No Inner Sphere BattleMech can do that in MWO.

#39 Voice of Kerensky

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 360 posts

Posted 20 November 2022 - 06:15 AM

Correction of maps is very good. It really can be called some improvement in the gameplay. Thank you for this.
But anything else, PGI? You promised us that the quality of the match in the QP will be improved. What about the matchmaker? Will we see improvement?
I hope you see a serious decrease in the number of players? This is (among other things) a direct consequence of the terrible matchmaker. But at the same time, the decreasing player base is causing a further deterioration in the quality of the selection of teams in the QP. We're all caught in a vicious loop: bad matchmaking => declining player count => further deterioration in matchmaking quality => players leaving the game, and so on.

#40 PocketYoda

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,559 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 November 2022 - 06:43 AM

Thanks guys, much needed fixes to these maps.

Any chance the rescale could come back to the table at some point. Some mechs are seriously in need.

Edited by PocketYoda, 20 November 2022 - 06:44 AM.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users