Pre-Order The Hatchetman - Updated With Quirks!

123 replies to this topic

#81 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 01 December 2022 - 05:54 PM

Been sick for much of this week, finally get online and am shocked to see this! Bought. 6D is really looking nice. Thanks PGI.

#82 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 01 December 2022 - 06:45 PM

meanwhile the crusader is being released in a mw5 dlc. asset reuse. and they want you to buy it twice.

#83 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 321 posts

Posted 01 December 2022 - 08:36 PM

View PostFar Reach, on 01 December 2022 - 05:02 PM, said:

Really? You hate the Clans so much you'd rather give the IS a melee mech.... in a game with no melee.

Lmao its reusing assets to keep us having new content. At least we won't be in a dead period like 2020.

#84 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 540 posts

Posted 01 December 2022 - 10:30 PM

View PostFar Reach, on 01 December 2022 - 05:02 PM, said:

Really? You hate the Clans so much you'd rather give the IS a melee mech.... in a game with no melee.

-well, lore wise, Im pretty sure I read somewhere that in general Clan warriors are not fans of melee combat with mechs, could be wrong, been a long time since I last binge read sarna net.

#85 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 02 December 2022 - 03:51 AM

Gimme moar!

#86 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 02 December 2022 - 07:54 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 01 December 2022 - 06:45 PM, said:

meanwhile the crusader is being released in a mw5 dlc. asset reuse. and they want you to buy it twice.

Sure, you can look at it that way. Or you can try to be understanding that this is a stale title that they aren't gonna invest heavily into and be glad we are getting an entirely new model. At this point I'm just happy to see that there are people within PGI still trying to keep my favorite game running and not in maintenance mode with no updates or changes. They are doing what they can with what little they have and I'm most appreciative of their efforts.

#87 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 02 December 2022 - 10:42 AM

View PostKodan Black, on 02 December 2022 - 07:54 AM, said:

Sure, you can look at it that way. Or you can try to be understanding that this is a stale title that they aren't gonna invest heavily into and be glad we are getting an entirely new model. At this point I'm just happy to see that there are people within PGI still trying to keep my favorite game running and not in maintenance mode with no updates or changes. They are doing what they can with what little they have and I'm most appreciative of their efforts.

the fact that it is stale is obvious. but they they seem to be falling back on the old crutch that kept them from doing any real development. even "new" maps have been lackluster as well. everything is a lame shortcut, ersatz content. perhaps this is why they cannot hold players.

there is nothing in the game to keep me interested other than the ongoing pokemechs metagame, and that is starting to run down (i just finished clan assault heroes in addition to all light heroes and have almost all post civil war mechs). i don't think re-buying old mechs is going to keep me interested.

what is needed are new ways to play the game. melee combat is a good way to do that. another weapon pack, well id shell out for that. what they have been doing the last year is no longer working.

#88 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 321 posts

Posted 02 December 2022 - 11:02 AM

View PostKodan Black, on 02 December 2022 - 07:54 AM, said:

Someone I can agree with!

#89 catgirl

• PipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 66 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCanopus IV

Posted 03 December 2022 - 06:19 AM

PGI, this is seriously cool. Obviously it sucks there's no melee, but I really appreciate the new content being made available to us. I'm hoping for more MW5 imported mechs, please Posted Image

#90 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 540 posts

Posted 03 December 2022 - 05:05 PM

View Postcatgirl, on 03 December 2022 - 06:19 AM, said:

PGI, this is seriously cool. Obviously it sucks there's no melee, but I really appreciate the new content being made available to us. I'm hoping for more MW5 imported mechs, please Posted Image

What mechs are featured at MW5 that are not at MWO?

#91 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,704 posts

Posted 04 December 2022 - 12:07 AM

View Postcatgirl, on 03 December 2022 - 06:19 AM, said:

There are no MW5-exclusive types 'Mechs (although there are some MW5 'Mech variants that are not in MWO).

PGI simply offered the Hatchetman in MWO because they had the 'Mech model. The difference is that since there is no physical combat in MWO, the hatchet is just a cosmetic bolt-on here.

#92 T54ever

• PipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the alps

Posted 04 December 2022 - 06:49 AM

View PostLanzman, on 30 November 2022 - 08:51 PM, said:

Preordered. But . . . no warhorns? Come on, like TTB said, just record someone yelling "TIMBER!!" and let's git r done.

I agree, that's kinda sad

#93 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 04 December 2022 - 12:56 PM

View PostRhaelcan, on 01 December 2022 - 08:36 PM, said:

Lmao its reusing assets to keep us having new content. At least we won't be in a dead period like 2020.

its coming and it will be worse. also by definition reused assets are not new content.

#94 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 04 December 2022 - 01:26 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 04 December 2022 - 01:07 PM, said:

You just pulled that definition out of your ***.
The content is new to MWO. Assets get re-used all the time in gaming.

anyone capable of abstract thought could put that definition together. and just because everyone does it doesn't mean its a good business practice. there are hordes of games made of 3rd party asset bundles that i do not buy, and im not buying it here.

#95 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,704 posts

Posted 04 December 2022 - 01:28 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 04 December 2022 - 12:56 PM, said:

its coming and it will be worse. also by definition reused assets are not new content.

The Hatchetman has never been in MechWarrior Online. Therefore, the Hatchetman is a new content in MechWarrior Online.

Also, I guess that many MechWarrior Online players have never played MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries. Possibly many MechWarrior Online players do not even know that the Hatchetman exists.

#96 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 04 December 2022 - 01:31 PM

View Postmartian, on 04 December 2022 - 01:28 PM, said:

The Hatchetman has never been in MechWarrior Online. Therefore, the Hatchetman is a new content in MechWarrior Online.

Also, I guess that many MechWarrior Online players have never played MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries. Possibly many MechWarrior Online players do not even know that the Hatchetman exists.

well then by all means, buy it. im not.

perhaps if enough gamers acted less like sheep they would encourage game developers to stop cutting corners.

Edited by LordNothing, 04 December 2022 - 01:31 PM.

#97 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 321 posts

Posted 04 December 2022 - 06:40 PM

Lmao, so many of you all pissed off cause it has no melee. Its a new mech, and it'll be fun to play. They have a lack of game devs atm, so give em some slack (Even though I still have grudges from time to time.)

#98 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 540 posts

Posted 04 December 2022 - 09:22 PM

I think they should add new weapons (or variants of existing ones?), how difficult or taxing would that be?

#99 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 321 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 02:42 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 04 December 2022 - 01:31 PM, said:

well then by all means, buy it. im not.

perhaps if enough gamers acted less like sheep they would encourage game developers to stop cutting corners.

'Cutting Corners' Bro, they legit don't have a mech designer, due to their main one leaving, At least they are still giving us content and not letting this game burn in a damn dumpster. If you don't like it, fine, but if you don't know the struggles, then quiet.

#100 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 321 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 05:12 PM

God the 6D is going to be so bad, or it might just be an annoying stealth sniper. Guess we shall see

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users