If You Wanted To Improve Fp What Is The First Thing You Would Work On ?

83 replies to this topic

#21 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 03 January 2023 - 12:08 PM

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 03 January 2023 - 11:11 AM, said:

U cant force players to play mode X. If u delete groups out of qp u delete a lot if players in the progress that wont switch. Especially since fp is mostly alive in NA prime and only half dead in eu prime. Event que just an meh idea to beginn with and no replacement at all.

I am not saying force solo's out of FP
I am saying you will be automatically attached to a team/unit/group

thoughts

Edited by Davegt27, 19 January 2023 - 02:56 PM.

#22 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 03 January 2023 - 05:56 PM

how about hell no. we need to bring the maximum number of players to the game mode as possible no cut more out of the loop just because they don't want to deal with **** bag units (not all units are toxic ******** but many seem to be or at least were back when i last played FP)

honestly i like my idea better and i think it would be more practical. of course there is the problem of sinc drops. you simply make the max group size in FP 4 but allow as many groups as will fit then just fill in any empty slots with solos. of course this would also require a minimal MM to do the sorting but it shouldn't be more complicated than sorting groups by number of players. ideally limit no mnore than 2 4 man groups from the same unit but that would more complicated and likely out of the scope of PGI as they are now. as much as i like a skill lvl MM, FP play has never had anything like that and the low player base in general is already forcing the current QP MM to put T1s with t4s or even T5s during certain times given FP's even lower numbers there wouldn't be a point. .

Edited by VeeOt Dragon, 03 January 2023 - 05:58 PM.

#23 Volume

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 04 January 2023 - 11:19 AM

- lower the barrier of entry
- increase rewards for playing the mode

#24 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 05 January 2023 - 04:41 AM

The only way to further reduce the barrier of entry would be far higher new player rewards. Than again I dont know if this xp would be so nice ending up with a bunch of veterans in adjusted mechs and u are still trying to learn the basics. The number of players will never be so huge, that the mm can take care of this!

It was designed as a mode for the seasoned players, and u cant make everyone happy in the end.
Rewards and ms / event designs need to be fixed. Currently each event kills CW instantly since farming the rewards is simply not possible in cw

#25 VeeOt Dragon

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 06 January 2023 - 04:32 PM

perhaps a FP event now and again.

but the rewards would have to be substantial to get me over there

Edited by VeeOt Dragon, 06 January 2023 - 04:33 PM.

#26 multisoul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • 327 posts

Posted 07 January 2023 - 04:33 AM

when you choose to be mercenary to be able to select both Clan and IS dropdecks and to drop automatically whichever side has a free spot with priority

#27 VeeOt Dragon

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 08 January 2023 - 12:31 AM

that would work fantastic when combined with my group size alteration idea.

#28 aptest

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 81 posts

Posted 09 January 2023 - 10:06 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 01 January 2023 - 11:17 PM, said:

what do you guys think of only allowing groups in FP and or event que ??

I ran into a few players that think solo players are the problem (or are a problem in MWO) with MWO

if I remember right CW/FW/FP was originally intended for groups teams/ groups

one way this could be done is
if your not on a team you will be assigned to a team/unit

this could be tested in the event queue by allowing groups only

thoughts

I think that in some way this resolves a big problem with the match making in FW.

If the launch button is accessible only to groups, and there is in it's stead some mechanism to put solos and small groups into pods of 12, and then only the 12 can 'launch', than the issue of a player waiting to be put into a game but having the waiting queue re-set several times in a row can be completely resolved.

#29 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 888 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 09 January 2023 - 11:18 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 03 January 2023 - 12:08 PM, said:

I am saying force solo's out of FP or join a team/group

thoughts

HUNH?!

I always solo in FP. Not like to tag to unknown teams. Most on my "friends" list not play FP or IS enthusiasts.

Anyway... The usual what said by many: RANDOMISE STUFFS FER DA SAKE OF ALL CREATIONS!
+ Some FP events?

#30 The_Easterling

Rookie

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 6 posts
  • LocationPL

Posted 19 January 2023 - 11:25 AM

Even out the clan and IS tonnage. Or even increase clan tonnage since clans lose 4/5 of times playing PUG.

#31 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 19 January 2023 - 02:16 PM

Using only stock mech present in each faction. 8 Clans vs 10 IS.

250 max tonnage and one in each weight class.

#32 VeeOt Dragon

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 19 January 2023 - 03:57 PM

as a lore hound i wouldn't mind that honestly.

#33 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 269 posts

Posted 19 January 2023 - 07:21 PM

I would honestly say the place I would start is simple. Put the rewards back into the game mode. And put it in the hands of the players. Encourage the active units to make a sort of story by giving them control over the attack fazes of the game and which factions are attacking which and allow them to control the narrative. That is what I would do, as well as brining planet tagging back into the game.

#34 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 20 January 2023 - 12:43 AM

I'd work on the strategic overgame and rewards. The thing that caused a lot of my unit's players to lose interest when Faction Warfare first came out was that the amount of time and effort required just wasn't worth the rewards, and there was no real grand strategy involved.

I've often thought, in retrospect, that PGI should have hired a board game designer for FW. After all, that's what you're really doing, ideally: playing a grand strategy game with the Space Mongols Clans and the various factions of the Inner Sphere and Periphery. Consulting with a board game designer would help with designing catch-up mechanics for that, and preventing giant "units" like Mercstar from gaming the system to destroy meaningful competition.

Setting up the overgame with an economic system to generically account for resources and supply lines could allow smaller units to still engage meaningfully in the battle; less powerful units and teams might fight for smaller rewards out on the periphery... there's all sorts of possibilities, but it's an entirely different field than balancing a 'mech shooter, and I think the original FW showed that.

#35 ForSclence

• Pip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 January 2023 - 09:47 AM

It's an extremely fun game mode, and i like the UI, but if you leave that alone and put a button like the event queue and start it off as an event then keep it that way more people will play it. I do every chance i get.

#36 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 27 January 2023 - 05:27 PM

WOW you silly FOLKS, my vote is SCOUTING AGAIN ----- 4 man units---- just like quick play is 4 man units, just no pugs, ONLY GROUPS of 4 -- make it happen : )
SAWK CLANNER

#37 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 27 January 2023 - 10:21 PM

- make attacker/defender random
- adjust dropdeck weight clan/inner sphere

- change nothing else, Because everytime PGI is changing something/or want to make something "better", they f*** things up.

#38 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 888 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 28 January 2023 - 09:13 AM

- change nothing else, Because everytime PGI is changing something/or want to make something "better", they f*** things up.

And if it may not plant fear in your hearts than your fate would be more grim ever expected...

Edited by Duke Falcon, 28 January 2023 - 09:13 AM.

#39 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 28 January 2023 - 04:30 PM

hmm full open 4 man, set the map, set the heat, set the planet--- like mars -- and give us 1 week time frame, set the weight limit, 260 tons works, or what ever, : ).
it may suprise you how many folks will build that 4 man unit--- or a mech to play it---- have last for 2 weeks and give them a few gifts for doing it.

SAWK CLANNER

#40 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Subcommander
  • Subcommander
  • 251 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 12:46 PM

Incursion and scouting dont work in FP. PGI tried it back in the days. They tried a lot of things. But they newer wanted to improve them. So PGI business model is just throw something out there and cancel it if people dont like it. Thats why FP is like this.

Without lots of development time to FP, incursion and scouting they wont get better or added back to the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users