Hatchetman Challenges Event

15 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 13 December 2022 - 04:27 PM

HATCHETMAN CHALLENGE EVENT

USE THE HATCHETMAN MECH TO EARN EXTRA REWARDS!

#2 Znozoic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 133 posts
  • Locationin the *** of the world, literally (argentina)

Posted 13 December 2022 - 05:29 PM

1st

#3 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 14 December 2022 - 06:19 AM

Haven't seen a lot of these in game yet

#4 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 14 December 2022 - 06:39 AM

While the hatchet might look cool, the impact to your cockpit visibility is hilariously bad. I expect I'll be seeing a lot more Hatchetlessmen running around than Hatchetmen.

#5 AmbidXtrousGNOME

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 December 2022 - 10:12 AM

View PostKodan Black, on 14 December 2022 - 06:39 AM, said:

While the hatchet might look cool, the impact to your cockpit visibility is hilariously bad. I expect I'll be seeing a lot more Hatchetlessmen running around than Hatchetmen.

Does anyone know if bolt-ons can block incoming fire? I would guess no, but it would be cool and worth losing half of my visibility if I could swat missiles out of the air like pesky flies with a battle axe half the size of my mech. Watch out Centurion, there a new shield arm in town.

#6 Mad Dawg

• Pip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 December 2022 - 11:13 AM

Bolt-ons get shot off if they take any damage, don't they?

Also, it appears this event is the only way to get left handed melee weapon bolt-ons? The bolt-ons that come with the Hatchetman pack are listed as all being right handed.

#7 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 455 posts

Posted 14 December 2022 - 12:09 PM

View PostMad Dawg, on 14 December 2022 - 11:13 AM, said:

Bolt-ons get shot off if they take any damage, don't they?

Also, it appears this event is the only way to get left handed melee weapon bolt-ons? The bolt-ons that come with the Hatchetman pack are listed as all being right handed.

I'm pretty sure I have a bunch of bolt-ons for both sides and I just started playing with my hatchetmen...

#8 AmbidXtrousGNOME

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 December 2022 - 12:58 PM

The pack does come with left hand bolt-ons. I think one left hand version of each bolt-on. I had two claws (RH/LH) on my Tin Man when I first used it.

I know bolt-ons get blown off but I guess I don't know if that happens when the component is destroyed or if you're a crack shot you can remove the bolt-on without doing any damage to the component.

#9 Steel Shanks

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 61 posts
  • LocationConnaught, FWL

Posted 14 December 2022 - 09:24 PM

PGI... What is wrong with You? Saw Hatchetman game play on No Guts No Galaxy...

Hachetman-7R... Seriously? The 7R is from the Republic of the Sphere time period, so 3080's plus guys... That's pretty far in the timeline... A timeline that MWO is not in... Faction Play has us still in 3052, even though you've added in stuff from the Fed Com Civil War period...

Why does the Timeline or Canon of BattleTech not matter in this game? I'm actually curious... Was it just to have a Missile Primary Hatchetman in game? Then make it one PGI made, like a 6P or something...

Also... Without the hatchet as a weapon... Who really cares? Other Mechs could have come into the game that would make more sense... Whitworth, Valkyrie, Razorback, Wyvern, etc. Sigh...

#10 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 16 December 2022 - 08:21 AM

View PostSteel Shanks, on 14 December 2022 - 09:24 PM, said:

PGI... What is wrong with You? Saw Hatchetman game play on No Guts No Galaxy...

Hachetman-7R... Seriously? The 7R is from the Republic of the Sphere time period, so 3080's plus guys... That's pretty far in the timeline... A timeline that MWO is not in... Faction Play has us still in 3052, even though you've added in stuff from the Fed Com Civil War period...

Why does the Timeline or Canon of BattleTech not matter in this game? I'm actually curious... Was it just to have a Missile Primary Hatchetman in game? Then make it one PGI made, like a 6P or something...

Also... Without the hatchet as a weapon... Who really cares? Other Mechs could have come into the game that would make more sense... Whitworth, Valkyrie, Razorback, Wyvern, etc. Sigh...

The timeline doesn't mater much, only the tech level. Honestly, I prefer they use variants far away in time than just make up new variants.

But I agree the Hatchetman without melee is pointless. They added it because it was already done for MW5. Still, better a new mech than none.

#11 Steel Shanks

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 61 posts
  • LocationConnaught, FWL

Posted 16 December 2022 - 06:22 PM

View PostOdanan, on 16 December 2022 - 08:21 AM, said:

The timeline doesn't mater much, only the tech level. Honestly, I prefer they use variants far away in time than just make up new variants.

But I agree the Hatchetman without melee is pointless. They added it because it was already done for MW5. Still, better a new mech than none.

See that's where yer wrong... Timeline DOES indeed matter. A lot of Ex-Players I've talked to dropped this game, due to lack of BattleTech knowledge, i.e. Timeline, Tech, etc. Making the player base even smaller...

No, it's not better than none... A melee focused Mech, without melee... Come on...

Also, take the Assassin, where multiple variants are made up by PGI... However they work, and they feel like what would naturally happen with the Assassin... Putting in a Variant from 3080's + does not work...

Also, how bout being able to purchase ONE Mech? I know... Odd concept... But I don't want to purchase 6 Crusaders, or 6 Hatchetmen... I want to purchase one... Now, yes you can wait til they're available for C-Bills... But, ye have to wait... I would have bought the Crusader immediately if I could be able to purchase ONE Variant... Sigh... Oh PGI... This is truly a Love / Hate relationship We are developing...

View PostOdanan, on 16 December 2022 - 08:21 AM, said:

Also, Odanan... Yer a Capellan... Yer opinion is only worth 25% of a real humans opinion... I may even listen to a Clanner before you... Maybe...

#12 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 20 December 2022 - 06:35 AM

View PostKrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn, on 14 December 2022 - 06:19 AM, said:

Haven't seen a lot of these in game yet

One so far with a very funky color scheme with some sort of Bright Green being one of them! :D

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see many of them untill they are available for either MC or C-Bills in the in-game Store because of the low player count at the moment and the lack of any fun because of the fact that the players that are playing are mostly VERY LOW SKILLED and that leads to stomp after stomp lately... :(

If I keep playing enough in 2023 then I might see myself in a totally new Tier called Tier 6 !!! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#13 Po Dam Sol

• Pip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 December 2022 - 05:48 PM

I have a bone to pick. In past events I seem to remember that all kills, solo/savior/defensive/kmdd/etc {didnt know there even WERE "defensive" kills until one popped up on my results) , were counted for events that required "kills" for completion, but I'm finding that's not the case for the Hatchetman event. I've acquired many savior/defensive kills during drops but they never count. Was something changed? Or was a button not pushed to allow for this? I'm finding that unless I stalk behind one of my assault compadres and try to steal a kill, I can rarely GET a currently countable kill. I also found that I have to leave off the bolt-ons due to better visibility without them. Also, it would be nice if the bolt-ons were able to be used as a shield in battle and not just be a dropaway item when it gets hit. Just a thought, maybe someone already mentioned it?

Afternote: I just kept plugging away at it, seeming like forever, but got the kills in so it's NOT impossible to accomplish. My bad, though it FELT like it. Thanks for reading this vent!

Edited by Nightlinger, 21 December 2022 - 09:06 PM.

#14 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 21 December 2022 - 01:05 AM

That's not how it worked, ever. At least as I recall since 2017. If the challenge calls for kill/KMDD, you need either the killing blow or the KMDD for the count. Savior, defensive "kills" do not count towards those.

Bolt-ons no longer fall off when being shot.

#15 SirHavan

• PipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 53 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 11 January 2023 - 03:45 AM

Is there a known bug on the Hatchman event? On my HCT-7R, I've had two games with 1 KMDD each and they are not counting towards the event reward.

#16 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 11 January 2023 - 05:29 AM

View PostSirHavan, on 11 January 2023 - 03:45 AM, said:

Is there a known bug on the Hatchman event? On my HCT-7R, I've had two games with 1 KMDD each and they are not counting towards the event reward.

I had no issue registering kill/kmdd's

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users