#21 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 January 2023 - 03:41 PM

View PostLa Reine, on 10 January 2023 - 04:26 AM, said:

What is screwed up about the build of the mech in store?

(The picture they show in the header of the event does not necessarily have to be the stock loadout of the mech)

First and foremost, the main thing that everyone can agree on: the build in the store is 95.5 tons, not 100 tons. Following that:
Posted Image

With the simple concession that there is zero point to creating one-shot missile launchers because NOBODY will use them (half a ton heavier for a single shot. At least rocket launchers weigh next to nothing for their one shot), the build we get in-game is this:

Posted Image

Not this:

Posted Image

#22 Ralph Edwards

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 172 posts

Posted 11 January 2023 - 04:30 AM

Yeah, they fixed the Narc variant to the one sold with the warden pack a little bit ago. I'd rather have the srm for the extra punch anyways.

#23 The Chancelor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 160 posts

Posted 11 January 2023 - 05:56 AM

View PostEnamillion89, on 10 January 2023 - 03:32 PM, said:

If I get this mech. I’m selling it for the Whammy IIc Ballistic variant. Lol

Heretic!

#24 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 11 January 2023 - 08:26 AM

Just realized I never got the free comp play one. Any chance i can still redeem that?

#25 Trollolololo McDankydank

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 January 2023 - 09:38 AM

View PostKrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn, on 11 January 2023 - 08:26 AM, said:

Just realized I never got the free comp play one. Any chance i can still redeem that?

No.

#26 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 11 January 2023 - 10:16 AM

Yay for free mech! Thanks!

Remember, there will be another new mech next month, so at worst you get some c-bills outta the deal!

#27 Ralph Edwards

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 172 posts

Posted 11 January 2023 - 03:06 PM

So don't know what you have planned for this year variant wise, but you would make me really happy if you added some more variants for the older mechs in the game like 3050's plus. Specifically, the BNC-5S. Either way looking forward to the MW5 content and if not in MWO maybe in MW5

#28 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 12 January 2023 - 06:47 AM

View PostRalph Edwards, on 11 January 2023 - 04:30 AM, said:

Yeah, they fixed the Narc variant to the one sold with the warden pack a little bit ago. I'd rather have the srm for the extra punch anyways.

Doesn't look like it... They just gave away the "correct" one with the Comp giveaway code.

Posted Image

#29 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 12 January 2023 - 08:00 AM

View PostKano111, on 09 January 2023 - 05:59 PM, said:

Can never have too many whales! Always fun having different build on another of the same variant that is skilled up and ready to go.

And you can use the "Pattern - BUCCANEER DIRE WOLF" to give it a nice paintjob! Posted Image

I have at least one DWF that needs it really badly! Posted Image

View PostPondafarr, on 09 January 2023 - 08:09 PM, said:

Powerful chassis, with up to a 117 alpha..

What would that insane build be exactly ?? Posted Image

Find something different please. I dunno, something actually rarely seen?

This sounds like a plan :

View PostIlostmycactus, on 09 January 2023 - 10:58 PM, said:

I also would have personally preferred something more out there. Like a Cataphract.

Rarely see those out there on the battlefield! Posted Image

View PostKeZangaren777, on 09 January 2023 - 11:15 PM, said:

I want At least Blue Color. Pretty Sad Blue Color are rarely Given (Because I play this game firstly on June (or July IIRC 2022 So probably I already Missed them X"((( )

FYI : We had at least 4 shades of blue in the past for FREE so you should have started playing a lot earlier! Posted Image

View PostAmbidXtrousGNOME, on 10 January 2023 - 06:34 AM, said:

Could we get a white? I've been playing for a few years now and only own the free colors from events and I still don't have just a good 'ol white.

At least three of those! Posted Image

Maybe it's a good thing they are repeating all the colors for new players like you guys ?! Posted Image

View PostEnamillion89, on 10 January 2023 - 03:32 PM, said:

If I get this mech. I’m selling it for the Whammy IIc Ballistic variant. Lol

Whammy IIC-A is a BEAST!!! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#30 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 12 January 2023 - 12:16 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 10 January 2023 - 01:44 AM, said:

Since this is an official giveaway, and it appears from the picture as though we're being given the "correct" 'mech, can anyone from PGI staff explain why the build on this 'mech in the store is screwed up (and maybe fix it?)

If you meant the NARC...
Because no proper weapon for C is ingame! DWF-C have a torso-mounted SINGLE SHOT SRM4, something like rocket launchers. Clans have no single shot weapons ingame YET.

Otherwise silly mech but like it! Already grindin' fer it!
THX 4 IT!!!

#31 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 12 January 2023 - 02:23 PM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 12 January 2023 - 12:16 PM, said:

If you meant the NARC...
Because no proper weapon for C is ingame! DWF-C have a torso-mounted SINGLE SHOT SRM4, something like rocket launchers. Clans have no single shot weapons ingame YET.

Otherwise silly mech but like it! Already grindin' fer it!
THX 4 IT!!!

Explained more clearly in later posts. One-Shot missile launchers add a half-ton to the weapon so that it can ride with the tubes loaded, and takes up no extra crits (which is why it was added to this build in the first place). There is NO reason that anyone in MWO would take a single-shot missile launcher, when they can drop one crit of something somewhere, and add ammo that will give them many more shots for the same weight. So PGI didn't bother wasting their time adding them, and nobody blames them for it (not even me, and I'm constantly on them about adherence to the record sheets).

They did exactly as I, and everyone else expected: they removed one heat sink, and replaced it with a half-ton of Streak ammo, and a full extra ton of ATM ammo (because the TT DWF-C only came with 2 tons of ATM ammo to begin with, which is hardly any).

For some reason, when it came time to add the 'mech to the in-game store, this minor modification to the published loadout was replaced by the custom edit that we see in there, today. Obviously the correct build is still in PGI's files, somewhere, because every time it gets sold online, or given away, that build is what you receive. It's just the one listed for sale in the in-game store that has the wrong build code uploaded.

For the record of why go for the one-shot streak instead of properly optimizing the DWF-C: it originally came with 23 heat sinks, which dissipates 46 heat. 2 ERPPC (15 heat) + 4 MPL (4 heat each). 2x15 + 4x4 = 30+16 = 46. It had exactly enough heat sinks to fire all the energy weapons non-stop, if it didn't move. That seems to be a thing with a lot of Clan 'mechs. I dunno why.

#32 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 319 posts

Posted 14 January 2023 - 09:11 PM

Why did we get the colors from halloween in this? Legit we get nothing out of that, at least give us a million cbills for each duplicate color we get.

#33 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 15 January 2023 - 06:46 AM

View PostRoodkapje, on 12 January 2023 - 08:00 AM, said:

And you can use the "Pattern - BUCCANEER DIRE WOLF" to give it a nice paintjob! Posted Image

I have at least one DWF that needs it really badly! Posted Image

Withdrawing the statement above : It looks totally childish and DWF unworthy !!! :(

The Buccaneer Pattern looks a lot better on many other mechs! :)

View PostRhaelcan, on 14 January 2023 - 09:11 PM, said:

Why did we get the colors from halloween in this? Legit we get nothing out of that, at least give us a million cbills for each duplicate color we get.

It's really a shame they did not change the colors to something else, but hey : We got a spanking new DWF-C for FREE!!! YAY! :D

No idea what to do with loadout wise tho... LOL! Posted Image

#34 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 15 January 2023 - 09:49 AM

View PostRoodkapje, on 15 January 2023 - 06:46 AM, said:

We got a spanking new DWF-C for FREE!!! YAY! :D No idea what to do with loadout wise tho... LOL! Posted Image

The arms and head combined with the DWF-A left torso makes for a brutal LRM boat with ECM. :D

#35 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 15 January 2023 - 10:36 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 15 January 2023 - 09:49 AM, said:

The arms and head combined with the DWF-A left torso makes for a brutal LRM boat with ECM. Posted Image

You and your LRM's again! :D

#36 Captain Dictator

• PipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 January 2023 - 02:16 PM

Is anyone still waiting for the rewards from this event to be added to their inventories? Just "unlocked" the mech, and realized I haven't seen a single pop-up for the items it should have been adding as I unlocked them. Mech isn't unlocked either.

Bah, ignore me, it just added the mech, looks like the additions just weren't causing pop-ups for this event.

Edited by Captain Dictator, 15 January 2023 - 02:25 PM.

#37 Steel Shanks

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 61 posts
  • LocationConnaught, FWL

Posted 15 January 2023 - 07:19 PM

Can't wait to sell this Clanner monstrosity...

#38 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 January 2023 - 09:10 PM

Another one haha Posted Image

#39 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 730 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 16 January 2023 - 07:07 PM

Halloween colors and a mech I already have 2 of from the Warden pack. I don't even need the c-bills I could make from selling it... Yeah, free stuff is free, but most months the event is at least something to do in game, some goal to achieve. This one is just disappointment for me.

#40 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 19 January 2023 - 08:36 AM

View PostCaptain Dictator, on 15 January 2023 - 02:16 PM, said:

Is anyone still waiting for the rewards from this event to be added to their inventories? Just "unlocked" the mech, and realized I haven't seen a single pop-up for the items it should have been adding as I unlocked them. Mech isn't unlocked either.

Bah, ignore me, it just added the mech, looks like the additions just weren't causing pop-ups for this event.

Let me guess : You claimed all the stuff via the website ?

TIP : Do it via the ingame Event Tracker and you get EVERYTHING IMMEDIATELY !!! ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users