Of "aimbots" And Sore Losers...

89 replies to this topic

#1 Rashkae

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 192 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

You gotta love it when you get accused of using an aimbot in a match... What happened was that a poor, low-skill pilot in a sloooooow non-ECM raven was circling at the ridges in the caldera (harassing some dropmates there), about 200m from where I was waiting for him (I could track him on the minimap)... He popped his whole torso over a ridge, exposing a full broadside, which I then happily acknowledged with a volley of 4 PPCs. :huh:

And he immediately starts crying that I must have used an aimbot, that my nick is on "his clan's wall" for a list of people who use aimbots even in other games (Really? XCom has aimbots? That's the only other game I play...) etc etc. I mean, if you're going to be in a Raven, without ECM, running at maybe 40-50kph... You really think a sniper can't pick you off easily from 200m? :D

But still, THANK YOU for the laughs. Me and my clanmates were enjoying a good laugh at your comments over our Teamspeak chat. :o

#2 One Medic Army

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

Last night some light mech pilot claimed our whole team was using aimbots.
I think someone didn't get the message about lagshield being reduced.

#3 Rocket Puppy

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 97 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

Yeah, if a light moves in a straight line or predictable pattern its pretty easy to hit them now.

Even at full speed, I've taken out a few Jenners and Ravens running at 150kph+ with an AC/20 from 400m+ because they decided to run in a straight line I could judge the lead on.

#4 Krazy Kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

To be accused of cheating when you aren't is the greatest compliment in gaming.

My first time was in Quake when I rocket jumped up to a quad on a ledge. I spun around in midair and wasted the enemies.

Priceless.

#5 Sean von Steinike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

Lot of real awful pilots out there. Their destruction had to be an aimbot, not their own poor skill or superior skills of another pilot. The reduction of lag shield has also put a lot of these so called "elite light pilots" in their place. Now if we can get collision back, playing lights will really be fun again.

#6 Kristov Kerensky

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

You know you are doing it right when you get accused of using an aimbot. I got called that by someone I killed in a Catapult when he shut down in front me, 20m away, and I put 2 erppcs and gauss round into his cockpit. Yeah, because it's like SO hard to hit the cockpit of a shutdown Catapult at 20m...gotta be using an aimbot!

#7 Bryan Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

Just means you're that good :o

#8 One Medic Army

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

The funny thing is, that it's STILL super-easy to avoid most fire while in a light mech. I've rarely found players that could reliably hit my jenner in the past few days.

#9 Rashkae

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 192 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

View PostKrazy Kat, on 30 January 2013 - 07:52 PM, said:

To be accused of cheating when you aren't is the greatest compliment in gaming.
I agree 100%!!!This is not even the time a commando popped over the ridge in Frozen City, was hit by 4 gauss shots, died then accused me of "hacking". Yeah, like anyone would even NEED to hack if you're in a mech with as much armor as a can of soda, standing on top of a ridge, fully exposed, facing the whole enemy mech team...

I guess what saddens me is he even put "USMC" in the front of his nick... the Corps members in my squad said he was an embarrassment LOL

Edited by Rashkae, 30 January 2013 - 08:06 PM.

#10 Chaldon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeft behind as a smoking ruin on Tukayyid

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

View PostOne Medic Army, on 30 January 2013 - 08:04 PM, said:

The funny thing is, that it's STILL super-easy to avoid most fire while in a light mech. I've rarely found players that could reliably hit my jenner in the past few days.

Because you are skilled.
Most of the Ravens I come across picked them up at the start of ECM and didn't have falls to force skill dodging and throttle humping. They just circle and drag across walls until they've made their turns and get mad because somebody saw them coming because of the 360 and target decay modules. It's fun (and yet still hard) to own a Raven in my Jenner but I squeak by because I use terrain & JJs to my advantage instead of trusting to a circle war w/ streaks.

#11 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

View PostOne Medic Army, on 30 January 2013 - 08:04 PM, said:

i'll hit it for you if you'd like :lol: :lol:

#12 Starburster

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

Wait...X-Com does NOT have aimbots? NOooooooo! Please don't tell me my S.C.O.P.E. is gone :lol:...

... :lol:

#13 Cranky Poed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 227 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

i havnt seen anything that would suggest an aimbot...but there are a lot of good shots out there..if i get cored at a full run driving defensively i'll tip my hat.

except for streaks..they irritate me.

#14 smokefield

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Locationalways on

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

well...some days ago i said its pretty hard to use hacks here since the whole game runs on server side...but yesterday i had a game where smth odd happened. On caustic, starting on high ground, we stick togheter going right of volcano. we had some lights with ecm running round to scout things. I take cover from left sight, going round a hill, no enemy shows on radar. one ecm guy tells us they went on the other side of the volcano. I try to take a peek in that area, max zoom (without module). the moment my mechs shows over the ridge where i was hiding i receive some shots in the right torso. I saw who shot me - was an atlas very far away i barely distinguish his mech. I change position going round again to check him again. I slowly show...he hits me again the second i pop up in sight...he didnt changed his position so i hit him with a gauss also and go hide again. What was strange is that he didn't aimedat me since i was under cover and he hit me the second i showed up, like he fired ahead, knowing where i will show up...and did it twice. If first time i could say it was luck..now i am not sure.
...it would be sad to see cheating in this amazing game.

#15 shadevarr

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 71 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

That atlas was probably using zoom module and firing the second you showed an inch of armor to account for travel time. Most mechs are targettable before the cockpit comes into full view.

#16 Rashkae

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 192 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

View Postshadevarr, on 30 January 2013 - 11:15 PM, said:

That atlas was probably using zoom module and firing the second you showed an inch of armor to account for travel time. Most mechs are targettable before the cockpit comes into full view.

Yup that's exactly what I do...

#17 IceCase88

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 689 posts
  • LocationDenzien of K-Town

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

Aimbots can be used in online games. They became a problem in MOHAA. An even easier hack is to change the color of skins to dayglow or bright pink to see the enemy better. These things can be installed on your computer and only effect what you see.

#18 ComradeK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 109 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg, Mother-Russia

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

I was shot in the cockpit by dual AC-20 Cata from near 300m (I was on Cata too, and I wasn`t damaged at all), when I jumped down the hill. I just congratulated that pilot from enemy team for his marksmanship and a bit of luck in chat. He was very happy with that great shot, indeed. Unfortunately, I didn`t capture video from that round :lol:
I believe that there are no pilots with aimbot or any other hacks in this game.

#19 Vapor Trail

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
  • LocationNorfolk VA

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

View PostGalaxyBluestar, on 30 January 2013 - 10:44 PM, said:

i'll hit it for you if you'd like :lol: :lol:

GalaxyBluestar: He'd hit that.

#20 Eddrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 1,493 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanyon Lake, TX.

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

View PostOne Medic Army, on 30 January 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

Last night some light mech pilot claimed our whole team was using aimbots.
I think someone didn't get the message about lagshield being reduced.

Wish I could have seen that. I'm surprised it didn't happen in one of the matches I was in yesterday or the day before (Can't remember exactly what day. But, it was within the past couple days). Atleast, three of the people on the team got thier Cockpit blown out. I was possitive they were not using an Aimbot because, there was more then just Headshots being made.

View PostKristov Kerensky, on 30 January 2013 - 07:58 PM, said:

You know you are doing it right when you get accused of using an aimbot. I got called that by someone I killed in a Catapult when he shut down in front me, 20m away, and I put 2 erppcs and gauss round into his cockpit. Yeah, because it's like SO hard to hit the cockpit of a shutdown Catapult at 20m...gotta be using an aimbot!

Lol. Right.

Yes, the Cockpit on a Catapult is painfully odvious and not to hard to hit. If I can intentionaly hit the cockpit on a shutdown Atlas. There is no excuse people can't do the same to a Catapult.

Edited by Eddrick, 30 January 2013 - 11:53 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users