Of "aimbots" And Sore Losers...

89 replies to this topic

#21 Wizard Steve

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

I've played 1700 games since open beta and I have NEVER seen anything to make me think aimbots are a problem in MWO. I'm not saying they don't exist but I've NEVER seen anything to convince me one was being used against me or anyone else in any game I've played so far.

But yes, I've seen plenty of people complaining about them. My favourite aimbot shot was killing a flying Jenner with an AC/20. Gotta love that :lol:

#22 One Medic Army

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

I have seen some matches with a suspiciously high number of headshots (all from the same person, who didn't miss of hit other sections).
Nothing concrete though.

#23 smokefield

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Locationalways on

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

View Postshadevarr, on 30 January 2013 - 11:15 PM, said:

That atlas was probably using zoom module and firing the second you showed an inch of armor to account for travel time. Most mechs are targettable before the cockpit comes into full view.

yeah..but still he needs to aim. It is not possible for the projectile to hit me the instand I appear....and he hadn't any way to know from where i will show...that's why i said...ok - first time he was lucky...but twice...i dont beleive in coincidences.

#24 GalaxyBluestar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

View PostVapor Trail, on 30 January 2013 - 11:39 PM, said:

GalaxyBluestar: He'd hit that.

i haven't been blessed with good hitboxes :lol:

#25 Elkarlo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

As long as we still have to lagshot, Aimbots will be useless.
Of course Colors Hacks etc not.

And for the Atlas and the Spotting, i use the Targets Decay on most Mechs because with a little Luck i can follow the
Track of an enemy for a long time. At least the 3.5 Sec Decay gives me a good guess were my Enemy is going.
Thanks to superior sensoring i did some nice Headshots myself as i was simply waiting of the enemy Mech coming around the corner as i could follow the path.

And since Netcode fix one of my most enjoyable First on 24th January was: hitting a Raven with a PPC at 400+ Meters.

#26 CECILOFS

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

View Postsmokefield, on 31 January 2013 - 12:17 AM, said:

yeah..but still he needs to aim. It is not possible for the projectile to hit me the instand I appear....and he hadn't any way to know from where i will show...that's why i said...ok - first time he was lucky...but twice...i dont beleive in coincidences.

Which mech were you in? Often the cockpit (and thus your vision) isn't the first thing they see. For example on a Catapult you can see the ears long before the cockpit. So he may have seen the ears pop up, start aiming and shoot just as your cockpit became visible to him, which is when he was visible to you.

#27 OneEyed Jack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:42 AM

View PostElkarlo, on 31 January 2013 - 12:33 AM, said:

As long as we still have to lagshot, Aimbots will be useless.

I disagree. There's no reason it couldn't be programmed to account for it. In fact the computer could do it much better than the player ever could.

I've seen a few things that made me suspicious. I'd never use cheats simply because my reasons for gaming would not be satisfied if I did. But I have watched some vids, so I'd know what I was dealing with. Let's just say I've seen things in-game that I'd have trouble explaining away as skill, but which an aimbot could do.

Luckily, if anyone is using them, either they're not common or most of the people using them are very discreet in how they do so.

#28 AceTimberwolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • Location春日部市、埼玉県、日本; アメリカ: Arcadia, CA

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:49 AM

Rear Coring a Non Moving Commando or Raven is best bro... = P

#29 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:57 AM

I have to admit that ive accused pilots of aimbotting

1st - pilot cockpits 3-4 mechs in river city night in a row... Dropped against same pilot a few drops later and his performance was **** after calling him out before game starts... Ticket sent of course...

2nd - pilot runs srm cat and hits a light always with chainfire pre netcode patch..

Edited by Mycrus, 31 January 2013 - 02:58 AM.

#30 Sir Wulfrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 872 posts
  • LocationIn a warship, over your planet :-)

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:05 AM

I'm always cautious of claims of cheating. There are quite a few players, myself included, who have been piloting mechs for litterally decades, and who have very good aim. This, combined with sensible module choices can account for probably 95% of allegations of cheating.

I think it does happen, but it's so rare that it can be ignored as a problem. In hundreds of games I think I've seen genuinely suspcious behaviour of a mech perhaps once or twice.

I also agree that there appear to be a lot of pilots who didn't get the memo about lag shield having been reduced by about 90%. Please form an orderly queue in front of my ATL7 :lol:

#31 Henree

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 501 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

it must be said though that the guys who are able to make headshots (harmless due to out of range) from across the map on a moving mech right at the start of a match are a bit suspect.

also those who say there are no aimbots - google disagrees

Edited by Henri Schoots, 31 January 2013 - 03:30 AM.

#32 Rashkae

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 192 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:06 AM

View PostConnorSinclair, on 31 January 2013 - 03:53 AM, said:

If you keep bragging I'm adding you to my **** list and then you'll have the misfortune of dealin with me on a daily basis.

Oooooh... Rough! Just the way I like it!

Hahaha

#33 ConnorSinclair

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationPlanet Tranquil--HighOrbit--

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:21 AM

View PostRashkae, on 31 January 2013 - 04:06 AM, said:

Oooooh... Rough! Just the way I like it! Hahaha

I'm trying to do my good dead of the day,

Do not turn this **** into a holocaust.

#34 maxmarechal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 551 posts
  • Locationnext to you...Bro...

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:24 AM

View PostOne Medic Army, on 30 January 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

Last night some light mech pilot claimed our whole team was using aimbots.
I think someone didn't get the message about lagshield being reduced.

true....we've all seen how good last patch made lights easier to track and that was more than necessary...
I think OP is confused,he does not realise two factors made him an easy target:
-lack of proper use of speed (a light should not stand still)
-and ping...sometimes we get a 150ms difference between EU based players and NA based players...and that makes some really good sharpshooters look like "aimbots" when in fact it's a little bit of help from ping and a LOT of skill that got you headshot by a dualgauss or dual UAC5...
so we EU based players should consider before accusing low-ping players of using aimbots...maybe they just know how to use their weapons? :lol:

#35 MadFred26

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:30 AM

View PostComradeK, on 30 January 2013 - 11:36 PM, said:

I believe that there are no pilots with aimbot or any other hacks in this game.

Are you not aware that there are a bunch of websites where people can subscribe to get their hands on hack packages?

You only need to google 'mwo aimbot' to find them, and I don't know how expensive it is, I guess it's not cheap, but the very fact that these websites exsist and sell this product, proves your statement wrong. It's pretty naive to think no one cheats.

I do agree that 9 out of 10 times when you might THINK that you've been nailed by an aimbot, or when someone yells hack, it's just good gunnery skills, and often, it's a good dose of luck too, that comes into play. But, there are hackers out there, people do and will cheat. It's a fact of life and of gaming.

Although probably not that common, I still have encountered them, for example a guy that scores 6 or 7 kills in a row, within 30 seconds of the start of a match, all apparently headshots, from the other side of the map almost. Where everyone in our team went 'no way, that's impossible!' And indeed, if it were possible, even if it was very hard, there would be many more ace pilots doing that kind of thing too. And they simply don't. Now I agree, some guys are very good and very good shots, they utilize the advanced zoom and a weapon loadout that can punch through the head armor and then some, and I bow to them for some of the shots that have taken me out. But no one is thát good when everyone is also moving around at speed, and certainly not trustworthy if you encounter him in 3 or more different PUGs doing exactly the same thing.

But oh well, there will always be people who think that their score, however it's achieved, has to do with their skills. The rest of us just now that they are among the very lowest lifeforms that crawl around on the net. But on the whole, in this game, I think there is a whole lot less cheating going on than in the mainstream 'kiddie shooters', the CoD's and what have you. That's speaks well for MWO imho. :lol:

#36 smokefield

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Locationalways on

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:28 AM

View PostCECILOFS, on 31 January 2013 - 01:57 AM, said:

Which mech were you in? Often the cockpit (and thus your vision) isn't the first thing they see. For example on a Catapult you can see the ears long before the cockpit. So he may have seen the ears pop up, start aiming and shoot just as your cockpit became visible to him, which is when he was visible to you.

dragon. not the biggest around not the smallest either.

now - i am no noob in fps games, nor in game sin general. I have dealt with hackers and saw a lot of them in time. saying that no one hacks is like saying that in this moment nowhere on the terra rains.

#37 LoganMkv

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 93 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:30 AM

I've seen something that looked like an aimbot only once.

It was frozencity, we were doing regular over-the-ridge pew-pew exchange. And someone has been hitting the same side torso of my atlas with light ACs no matter where I was showing up and how was I turned, with no misses, and starting instantly as soon as I was showing. As a result, after several iterations and lots of shots taken, I had destroyed side torso and unscratched everything else.

#38 smokefield

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Locationalways on

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:46 AM

just for curiosity i have checked for aimbots and it seems there are a couple already for mwo.

60$ for 6 months. i would put the link but i have an feeling i am not allowed. it has some pics from the game with what it does.

#39 Rotaugen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • LocationSouthern CA

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:00 AM

In all my months of playing, I have seen exactly ONE case of blatant aimbotting, and the account disappeared soon after. Outside of that, I've been hit in the cockpit if I was stupid enough to travel in a straight line towards someone that I was unaware was even there because I was overly focusing on something else. If I die quickly, I play through what happened in my head and realize it was my fault. I've been on the other side too where a light felt they were invincible enough to charge straight at my Atlas, and they soon learned their mistake.

Edited by Rotaugen, 31 January 2013 - 06:02 AM.

#40 zraven7

• 1,207 posts
  • LocationDuluth, Georgia

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:10 AM

Sometimes I wonder how small a minority I'm in. When I'm playing, if I take a volley of ouch to the face, my immediate though isn't "he's cheating!", but "Well, there I go sticking my face in front of ordinance again." Don't get me wrong, everyone in this thread, at least seems of sound mind, but as far as the others out there who scream "HAX" every time someone hits them with a skill shot, it just gets tiresome.

@smokefield: Good Sniper-Atlases can get really good. Atlas is a really popular mech, and a common first mech, so you tend to see a lot of new or unskilled pilots in them. Make no mistake, the ones who have really taken the time to master their nuances are kinda crazy good.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users