- - - - -

Returning Player

7 replies to this topic

#1 xxxRocketxxx

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 January 2023 - 03:56 PM

I used to run a PPC and gauss when it was meta on my Misery.

Now I am coming back to the game. I see that doesn't work well. I am not sure if my mech is just an old one so it has been outpaced or if I just don't know what current meta is.

#2 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 16 January 2023 - 05:46 PM

hmm need to have laser vomit, still works the best, 2 weapon system, its works on both IS mechs and clan, its all about hitting for 35 max points --- and can be pushed to 50 point hit,

SAWK CLANNER
PS i run a timberwolf with 500 range that hits for 41, with speed look at me on the learder boards, its about kills : )

#3 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,818 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 17 January 2023 - 12:26 PM

Welcome back!

Depending on how long you've been gone, there were mechanics changes before there were Meta changes. Right now, Gauss and Heavy Gauss are in the same ghost heat group as all kinds of PPC's to cut down on "delete-button" builds. Light Gauss doesn't have that limitation, so Combining light Gauss with peeps is a thing, as is combining Gauss with ER Large Lasers (a pretty popular Dire Wolf set of builds).

And if you don't know the term "ghost heat", then you've been gone a long time and we need to restart the discussion. Posted Image

Anyway, current Ghost Heat tables are here:

https://mwo.nav-alph...pment/ghostheat

That site is currently the go-to for designing builds, and each mech also lists out the current quirks it has. Quirks are life. Learn that site, learn the current quirks!

#4 Randall Five

• Pip
  • Cadet
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 January 2023 - 04:19 AM

Also returning player ... I have been trying to get back into the game but every match has been stupidly one sided.

Rare to see a good match ,,, heat and every thing is fine - sad to see that Gauss is still stupidly op, and the lights seem gloriously buffed beyond reason.

#5 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 21 January 2023 - 05:41 AM

The game is punishing if you haven't played recently, yes. Matchmaker is not really that good at making balanced matches but just due to the variables, this game lends itself to steamrolls anyhow without respawns. Once one team is down 3 compared to the enemy, that's usually it for them. The biggest limiter is the smaller player pool we have today.

#6 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,418 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 21 January 2023 - 07:17 AM

A warm welcome back to MWO!

Here is my favorite build idea for Stalker Misery hero mech, also points towards where is the 'meta' build is...
STK-M: AC20 + 2x Snub Nose PPC
https://mwo.nav-alph...=57f244b5_STK-M

Note: You can only fire 2x Snub Nose PPC at once before Ghost Heat penalty kicks in.
Note: AC20 got increased velocity and decreased cooldown after Jan 2023 patch, very interesting Posted Image

Edited by w0qj, 21 January 2023 - 07:18 AM.

#7 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 24 January 2023 - 06:56 PM

Welcome back! The Misery still works well with a variety of builds. I'd use the AC/20 and one SNPPC, plus some MPLS - a SNAC/Pulse Brawler build. You could also make use of the new MRMs instead, but their flight characterististics are a bit different than the SNAC combo (Snub Nose/AC.) Depends on what you want to do. A Misery can still spread damage amazingly well by wiggling its nose at people, and remains one of those brawlers that can still inflict considerable damage while dying. Just look into the new weapons and try to keep track of how many people can shoot at you when you engage.

Edited by Void Angel, 24 January 2023 - 07:22 PM.

#8 Storky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 905 posts

Posted 02 April 2023 - 11:47 AM

Also have returned, new quirks designed for certain builds, have to check this and review all builds one by one
https://mwo.nav-alpha.com/mechs
And you have to do it yourself. Because NGNG, Baradul and TTB have stopped to post build-videos, and meta-mechs is obsolete.
The oldest legendary builds works best, tho, and I enjoy this redesign, its quite exactly what I wanted 10 years.

Edited by Storky, 02 April 2023 - 11:48 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users