Dropship Reinforcements Event Queue Weekend + Sale!

42 replies to this topic

#21 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 531 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 08:07 AM

Last night it was an event required to have 4 atlas, now it is 4 direwolf mechs...seriously , is there a lot of player currently active that have 4 variants s of enymechs?

Questioning the wisdom behind this current event queue.

#22 The Chancelor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 160 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 08:14 AM

View PostShooteyMcShooterson, on 12 February 2023 - 08:08 PM, said:

The last events are weird. Considering that I have almost 400 mechs, I feel like I have quite a lot of them. I have at least 1 of most of the game's possible chassis variants. But what I don't have are 4 Dire Wolves or 4 Atlases. I only actually have 1 Atlas, because the chassis sucked for so long I sold all but the D-DC years ago.

How can you buy 400 mechs and play for years without biying more than one Atlas or one Dire Wolf or redeem them during an event? How ist this possible?

#23 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 08:32 AM

Lights could stand to be nerfd into oblivion. Would definitely improve the overall game experience especially in these 8v8s

#24 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 10:14 AM

what gives? whered dire situation go? i got up early for that one.

its not like they didn't recently give away 2 free dires.

Edited by LordNothing, 13 February 2023 - 10:43 AM.

#25 minnowzzz

• PipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 10:39 AM

The Atlas event was amazing, Run it again at some point

#26 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 10:46 AM

View Postminnowzzz, on 13 February 2023 - 10:39 AM, said:

The Atlas event was amazing, Run it again at some point

yea, and do the same with dires eventually. and annihilators.

#27 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 531 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 11:26 AM

View PostKrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn, on 13 February 2023 - 08:32 AM, said:

Lights could stand to be nerfd into oblivion. Would definitely improve the overall game experience especially in these 8v8s

Some people just got very good at driving light mechs, nerfing them isnt a solution...if ever nerfing was the solution for anything...

#28 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 11:34 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 13 February 2023 - 10:14 AM, said:

what gives? whered dire situation go? i got up early for that one.

its not like they didn't recently give away 2 free dires.

Sorry about that. There weren't enough people in the queue, with the original seeder waiting for a very long time. I had to edit the event to get more people in the queue so matches would launch. I guess we have to get more Dire Wolves delivered. The Atlas event seemed to fair better, so I will be bringing it back and will reconsider a Clan version. I originally wanted to do Kodiak's, but I figured there'd be more Dire Wolves out there allowing for quicker drops.

View PostF i s s i o n, on 11 February 2023 - 10:16 AM, said:

Event is great fun but we NEED more notice. Earlier in the week or at the very least 24 hours before. "Event in 3 hours" makes a lot of people miss out...

Agreed. Early warning, this coming weekend will be another Solaris Event, with details posting on Wednesday.

#29 Daeron Katz

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 11:38 AM

View PostChatterbox RaDr, on 11 February 2023 - 11:57 AM, said:

Why is Crusader CRD-6T 45% off but not 50%? Is it with an autograph or what?))

Autographed variant never goes on sale. It's 45% because 50% makes it cheaper than its resale value. We're saving your fingers from mouse-clicking for the next 4 days straight.

View Postrobobee, on 12 February 2023 - 01:00 AM, said:

Are all the weapons on sale or only some of them? only see the sale on certain weapons

All weapons should be on sale. Which weapons are not showing up on sale?

#30 Daeron Katz

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 11:42 AM

View PostShooteyMcShooterson, on 12 February 2023 - 08:08 PM, said:

The last events are weird. Considering that I have almost 400 mechs, I feel like I have quite a lot of them. I have at least 1 of most of the game's possible chassis variants. But what I don't have are 4 Dire Wolves or 4 Atlases. I only actually have 1 Atlas, because the chassis sucked for so long I sold all but the D-DC years ago.

Who came up with that? Did they even bother to check how many active players would be able to play such an event? I bet less than 20%, maybe even less than 10%, of the player base could even participate in these single-mech events.

Next weekend event, if you're going to make a stage of it exclusive to one mech, then it shouldn't have a drop deck. Or, the chosen mech should be required to be in the drop deck, but not be the only mech possible to use.

The Atlas event actually worked out fairly well. Dire Wolf not so much. I did put said 'Mechs on sale for 50% off C-Bill and MC prices to help people add to their collection. This coming weekend will be a Solaris event, so you shouldn't have any issues finding 'Mechs you can use.

#31 Chatterbox RaDr

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 04:20 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 13 February 2023 - 11:38 AM, said:

Autographed variant never goes on sale. It's 45% because 50% makes it cheaper than its resale value.

How it can be? We can buy mech with 50% off. You mean, we sell it for more then 50% of its full cost?

#32 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 319 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 07:11 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 13 February 2023 - 11:34 AM, said:

Sorry about that. There weren't enough people in the queue, with the original seeder waiting for a very long time. I had to edit the event to get more people in the queue so matches would launch. I guess we have to get more Dire Wolves delivered. The Atlas event seemed to fair better, so I will be bringing it back and will reconsider a Clan version. I originally wanted to do Kodiak's, but I figured there'd be more Dire Wolves out there allowing for quicker drops.

Agreed. Early warning, this coming weekend will be another Solaris Event, with details posting on Wednesday.

TBH I'd spam click and hurt my finger for money

#33 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 455 posts

Posted 14 February 2023 - 01:05 PM

I *think* all weapons were on sale - just not all specifically listed maybe?

I still bought the 45% off crusader - I assume it was a harmless typo, we're talking the tiniest bit of difference anyhow.

Funny how fast a guy can dump 30 million C-bills once a sale he has been waiting for comes along!

Nice to see the EQ up and running and giving players options, even if some events aren't their forte. And having mechs on sale that are in the events is a great bonus.

Thanks!

Posted Image

Edited by An6ryMan69, 14 February 2023 - 01:06 PM.

#34 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 14 February 2023 - 01:33 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 13 February 2023 - 11:34 AM, said:

Much love if we could get a regular cadence of announcing upcoming weekend slate of events each Wednesday. :D

#35 One Mean Urbie

Rookie

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2023 - 02:22 PM

Loved the Atlas-only event! I only had two, but bought two more just to do the event. They were getting skilled up fast - with the 3x multiplier and 50% extra armor, you could put out 3000+ damage in most matches if your team won. I got nearly 15,000 XP per mech once. I would only change one thing --- max weapon range: 300 meters. There were a few folks trying to do LRMs or ER-PPCs and poke from range -- while I generally support letting everyone do their thing, in an Atlas only event where sharing armor was critical, having one on your team was almost a guaranteed loss.

Please run the Atlas-only event again soon. Follow it up with an Urbie-derby. I think you did one before, but I missed it.

(disclaimer: Didn't realize I was logged in from my ALT account. Per the COC, I only post from my primary account: Vorpal Puppy)

Edited by One Mean Urbie, 14 February 2023 - 02:25 PM.

#36 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 14 February 2023 - 04:48 PM

these kind of events are good for leveling mechs. id love to see more mech specific events, even if limited to just one mech. decks are fun but so many mechs are one offs.

#37 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 290 posts

Posted 14 February 2023 - 07:48 PM

View PostThe Chancelor, on 13 February 2023 - 08:14 AM, said:

How can you buy 400 mechs and play for years without biying more than one Atlas or one Dire Wolf or redeem them during an event? How ist this possible?

Because I have 3 Dires, but not 4, and as I pointed out, I sold the Atlases I got in the past, because the chassis sucked for so long that I never played it and cleared them out. I play heavies the most, then mediums and then assaults much less frequently, and then lights rarely. How many I have of each class is distributed accordingly. Like I have something like 9 Hellbringers, 8 Warhammers, 7 Veagles and so on.

#38 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 290 posts

Posted 14 February 2023 - 08:06 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 13 February 2023 - 11:42 AM, said:

The Atlas event actually worked out fairly well. Dire Wolf not so much. I did put said 'Mechs on sale for 50% off C-Bill and MC prices to help people add to their collection. This coming weekend will be a Solaris event, so you shouldn't have any issues finding 'Mechs you can use.

That's cool the Atlas one was well received. I'm a big fan of those drop deck matches with really unusual and like overblown quirks for everyone. I would like to see additional variations, like unlimited ballistic ammo (no missiles), Assaults only but with 2x agility and 2x speed. Have 'leg day' if it's possible to do a quirk like 1000% (or more) leg armor on everything. Maybe -50% (or more) laser duration. Of course, these would probably go along with other boosts, like to armor like you already do on some of them.

Maybe the next time y'all do a focused drop deck event, which the 8v8 with 4 mechs is great, consider allowing two different chassis? Like do 'surf and turf' with King Crab and Atlas together, or maybe both of the IS Marauders, or even the IS version and Clan IIC versions of a chassis together. If 2 or 3 chassis are allowed in the drop deck, the participation rate should be pretty solid no matter what you pick. Plus it should boost the sales/promo aspect of the event as well.

edit: Oooh, and I wonder if it's possible to do an 'everybody jumps' event, and add a universal base JJ value (say 20m or something along those lines) to all mechs, whether they usually have a JJ or not. And those that do, their JJ values are simply buffed by the amount too. I bet that would be a lot of fun.

Edited by ShooteyMcShooterson, 14 February 2023 - 08:13 PM.

#39 pacifica812

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAt home, at work, or on the stage... mostly

Posted 15 February 2023 - 12:07 PM

Can anyone tell me if the map displayed in the picture is Caustic Valley, Faction play Sulfurus or a hint of a new map?

Edited by pacifica812, 15 February 2023 - 12:09 PM.

#40 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 319 posts

Posted 15 February 2023 - 08:09 PM

Wheres the solaris info?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users