#21 Tromoskyon Rex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 243 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 15 February 2023 - 04:59 PM

View Postsycocys, on 15 February 2023 - 08:37 AM, said:

But either way I guess expect that some of your drops on your main and alts are going to be spectated so you should probably not have a sudden streak of not being able to get your headshots or super focused ct fire.

By far the most funny part of all the montages I made a couple of months ago was that people would lock on to me just long enough to see my name and then suddenly look away. I couldn't get dudes to face me at all until after I took a shot because that they knew I had to cool down LOL

#22 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 15 February 2023 - 09:46 PM

im gonna try for headshot machine on this weekend's solaris event. only need 3.

#23 Tromoskyon Rex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 243 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 15 February 2023 - 10:34 PM

Outside of making a flamer troll Im not sure what could be made to get them easily. You need 42 ppfd for a one shot assuming people have max armor.

If you have any build ideas let me know!!! The only medium I know how to use at all is a 8 SRM 6 Huntsman...

#24 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 15 February 2023 - 11:11 PM

lots of people strip the heads on mediums. figure a fast mech is harder to headshot. i do it, i dont like to strip legs at the lower end of the tonnage spectrum, unless there is a vestigial arm i can steal from. you are more likely to die of a legging than a headshot.

that said the hunchback 4p can do a 54 point alpha with medpulse, xl275 and 5dhs. this mech has a +3 mpl hsl quirk. so i think you can alpha that without ghost heat. alternately you can do 42 exactly with 6spl + 3mpl. thats with an lfe275 and 7 dhs. this runs a little cooler and cant be st killed. thats probibly the mech to do it.

there is also the blackjack 1x. this has 8 guns instead of 9 but only has +2 mpl/er/std hsl quirk. it can however pull of the requisite 42 damage with 2 medpulse and 6 standard/er, but it can run 8 medpulse no problem.

the hatchetman 7r also looks like a candidate, but i dont have that mech. it can carry 7mpl and have an hsl quirk.

if you dont care about ghost heat there are also a couple phoenix hawks that can do it on 7mpl. that shouldnt spike too hard, and if it does you can always fire a coolshot when you take your headshot with override on, you should be fine. of course in 1v1 you land the headshot you dont have to worry about it because that ends the match and stops you blowing up.

i generally dont like flamer cheese, but il use it if things get dire. i dont think there are any ppfld options unless you can get 8 lppcs into a mech, and thats probibly leathal to fire (its possible on the bj-1x and hbk-4p). i also figure a lot of times you get some really bad players (since there is no mm in event queue as far as i know) that shut down in front of you, thats probibly going to be the best source. you should have no problems at all.

my favorite targets are shadowhawks, centurions and wolverines, with their square windows. lots of mediums have easy to find cockpits.

Edited by LordNothing, 15 February 2023 - 11:37 PM.

#25 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 February 2023 - 11:21 PM

Accusations of cheating are the last refuge of the incompetent, OP. You won't convince your accusers with any evidence as they will simply move the goalposts or claim that you must be cheating off-camera. Just collect screenshot evidence (if possible), match ID, report them in-game and then by e-mail to to moderation@mwomercs.com and move on.

View PostMeep Meep, on 14 February 2023 - 12:28 AM, said:

When I have a really good game and someone in chat accuses me of hax the last thing I think that would cross my mind is to rush to the forums to make a denial post about it. I would just toss a lol git gud back at them and move on to the next game.

View Postsycocys, on 15 February 2023 - 08:37 AM, said:

If you are going to make a rage post about it, people are probably going to want to see some evidence that you indeed are not cheating.

Let's not forget something: Hackusations are against the code of conduct, period.
https://mwomercs.com/conduct

Engaging in any of the following actions while using any PGI services is forbidden:
  • Engaging in intimidation tactics or aggravation of other individuals or groups of individuals.
  • Naming and shaming the alleged misconduct of another individual, including but not limited to accusations of cheating or exploiting.

OP has clearly ran into enough of them to be more frustrated about it than usual.
While this thread may end up getting locked for the same reason, it does not make hackusations okay or acceptable - anyone who believes they can prove their opponent was actually cheating should contact PGI with the evidence and let them handle the rest of the investigation.

#26 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 15 February 2023 - 11:45 PM

i really dont think any of that was what this thread was about. think of it more as a celebration of the headshot.

Edited by LordNothing, 15 February 2023 - 11:48 PM.

#27 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 15 February 2023 - 11:57 PM

I suppose my point was that someone doesn't come to the forums to claim innocence when no one on the forums even knows who this guy is. The odds are vanishingly small that some rando making haxor accusations in game is a forum regular or even reads the forums. That would be like some stranger storming into a bar and screaming at the regulars there that hey I didn't shoot that guy down the street. I'm innocent!! Whats the point? Posted Image

#28 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 16 February 2023 - 04:59 AM

When you come on the forums to accuse yourself of cheating where does that fall into the code of conduct?

#29 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,726 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 16 February 2023 - 06:20 AM

The only two headshots I've gotten since closed beta days were with lurms so go figure.

#30 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 16 February 2023 - 10:19 AM

View PostHermesFenix, on 13 February 2023 - 02:12 PM, said:

It's been a while since I started looking for intentional headshots. And honestly, it's not that hard, at least with Gauss and/or lasers. I know most mechs enough to quickly localize the head, and aim more or less by that zone without spending too much time. If I don't get the head, most of the time I hit the CT, which is also good.

What's getting annoying is that many people don't believe these headshots and accuse me of cheating. Some people even go on a revenge crusade against me if we coincide the next game, even trying to TK me. Of course, this breaks the fun of the game.

Seriously, people, stop this ********. It's not that uncommon to headshot, accidentally or not. Stop accusing someone of cheating just because they bested you in this particular match.

Yeah, we know, there are no cheaters in MWO - in facte MWO is the only pvp online game where such a thing is unthinkable - and the videos on YouTube are fake Posted Image

Sidenote: if I were support, I would have a look at your data :)

Edited by Weeny Machine, 16 February 2023 - 10:20 AM.

#31 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 16 February 2023 - 05:37 PM

LOL ---- still going for headshots------ know one has gotton passed my firewall, i hope no one is upset with me, been trying to RUN and BIG TIMBER WOLF, colored FIRE ENGINE red,

LOL some times when folks that talk--- chat in game BAIT helps -- so i run a bait mech -- its brite red - and its fun to play you could build it right now :)

SAWK CLANNER

#32 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 16 February 2023 - 08:05 PM

thats 3, i will put the 2k gxp to good use (FOUR NODES!). i thought there was a title, but no. i very much doubt i will play 900 more games before the game goes tango uniform, let alone get a head shot on every one.

after running most of the builds on my previous posts and failing miserably. pulse wasnt working as mediums move around a lot. i then went with the fireball with 6 mpls, i figured an arms free build would do better. it did not. then i dusted off my bushie p2. at first i ran it with dual ac10s. that didnt work, i finally remember why i stopped running bushies, weak legs. then i was thinking of upgrading to dual uac10s, but then i realized the burst fire would make headdies difficult. then screwing around i came up with this.

bsw-p2

with ammo nodes i get 15 rounds of ammo, total. 7 and a half trigger pulls. 40 point alpha is not a 42 point alpha, but its close enough. id rather strip head than legs on a medium. i got 2 dervishes and a vindicator, mechs i had not previously headshotted. gonna set this build aside for the next infinite ammo event.

#33 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 17 February 2023 - 07:17 AM

honestly i have been playing the game for YEARS and only have a couple headshots. thats even when aiming for them. honestly if someone is getting more than one headshot every mach regularly i would call ******** as well.

(side note i do have hand tremors so for me headshots are pure luck)

Edited by VeeOt Dragon, 17 February 2023 - 07:19 AM.

#34 PsionicMantis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 116 posts

Posted 17 February 2023 - 07:25 AM

I stopped going for headshots after they stopped including them in the events

#35 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 17 February 2023 - 07:47 AM

though i also say if you are making an Alt just so you can farm T5 newbies for headshots then you are a POS and deserve to be perma banned. i detest shitbags who have to seal club to feel good about themselves

#36 Tromoskyon Rex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 243 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 17 February 2023 - 10:00 AM

View PostMeep Meep, on 15 February 2023 - 11:57 PM, said:

I suppose my point was that someone doesn't come to the forums to claim innocence when no one on the forums even knows who this guy is. The odds are vanishingly small that some rando making haxor accusations in game is a forum regular or even reads the forums.Posted Image

When you put it that way im inclined to agree. I ran into a couple of the guys I had an issue with on the subreddit and Facebook group but as far as f9rums go this is a super small bunch regularly on here.

View PostLordNothing, on 16 February 2023 - 08:05 PM, said:

I'll have to give that a shot! I went 0-5 last night in the event after going like 130-12 in thr heavies one. I just don't know mediums worth a damn. And yah, getting 1k for Guillotine is brutal. I got super burnt out going for 15 a day to get it in a reasonable time and it was rough. My most was 100 in a day when I was over it and just wanted it done. Took like 14 hours.

View PostFrom 17 February 2023 - 07:47 AM:

though i also say if you are making an Alt just so you can farm T5 newbies for headshots then you are a POS and deserve to be perma banned. i detest shitbags who have to seal club to feel good about themselves

It's absurd how many seem to do this given the laughable KDs of the guys on top of the leader board every season. Like YourMom42069 is totally a real regular with a 40 KD and not a glowing golden smurf.

#37 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 17 February 2023 - 12:20 PM

if you downgrade to shs and install lff, you can get an extra half ton of ammo. should put it up to 20 rounds. i was just too cheap to waste the cbills. even if i was just going for torso kills, 15 rounds is enough for 1v1. i only ran out twice.

losing the arm, which has no armor, and the 10th dhs would probibly have been a major heat management problem. though nothing you couldn't solve with override and a well placed kamikaze shot.

Edited by LordNothing, 17 February 2023 - 12:33 PM.

#38 Tromoskyon Rex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 243 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 20 February 2023 - 12:16 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 17 February 2023 - 12:20 PM, said:

if you downgrade to shs and install lff, you can get an extra half ton of ammo. should put it up to 20 rounds. i was just too cheap to waste the cbills. even if i was just going for torso kills, 15 rounds is enough for 1v1. i only ran out twice.

losing the arm, which has no armor, and the 10th dhs would probibly have been a major heat management problem. though nothing you couldn't solve with override and a well placed kamikaze shot.

I forgot about the BSW being useful for anything other than RAC since that is all I ever see on it. I essentially remade my ON1 K that I went some 134:9 with on the Heavy 1v1 with a High Roller and am 10-0 now. Thanks for the idea!

Aj782051|Bgpa0|i^|i^|i^qa0|X?rT0|I@|I@|F@|i^s20td0ud0vB0|@Ow303030

#39 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 20 February 2023 - 12:39 PM

just watch out for foot fettishists, its big legs cant take too many hits.

#40 Computr0n

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 July 2023 - 02:26 PM

I'm really tired of being accused of cheating and also VERY tired of my username being slandered or defamed by some parts of this community. I am being slandered and defamed in Twitch and Discord communities.

I have yet to find out why or anything.

57 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 57 guests, 0 anonymous users