Stop False Cheat Accusations!

Social Gameplay General

95 replies to this topic

#41 Mechwarrior2342356

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 15 July 2023 - 02:45 PM

This was worth the 5-months-of-topics excavation project?

View PostWurdsNurds, on 15 July 2023 - 02:26 PM, said:

I'm really tired of being accused of cheating and also VERY tired of my username being slandered or defamed by some parts of this community. I am being slandered and defamed in Twitch and Discord communities.

I have yet to find out why or anything.

Real mystery that

Edited by the check engine light, 15 July 2023 - 02:46 PM.

#42 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 15 July 2023 - 08:30 PM

trolls dont try to find people with stupid names that they can make fun of. trolls try to find weak people to make fun of and the best way to do that is to throw around superficial insults and see who takes the bait.

now i need to break the window that reads "break glass in case of zombies" and get the shotgun. damn it i just replaced the glass last week.

#43 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 618 posts

Posted 15 July 2023 - 08:49 PM

I was in a Kit Fox with 5MPL and got two purposeful headshots, on two Atlas, in one match. It happens. Neither were D/C.

#44 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 15 July 2023 - 11:28 PM

I'm really tired of being accused of cheating and also VERY tired of my username being slandered or defamed by some parts of this community. I am being slandered and defamed in Twitch and Discord communities.

You can write a mail to admins and explain the situation.
I had a cases when I was reported just for running alone in QP.
If some guys hate you, they ll report you all time.

#45 Computr0n

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 July 2023 - 11:54 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 15 July 2023 - 08:30 PM, said:

trolls dont try to find people with stupid names that they can make fun of. trolls try to find weak people to make fun of and the best way to do that is to throw around superficial insults and see who takes the bait.

now i need to break the window that reads "break glass in case of zombies" and get the shotgun. damn it i just replaced the glass last week.

I feel that most of this reply is you joining the "Trolls". Maybe I'm mistaken.

Well, I've put up with it for quite a while now. I'm not going to continue sit back and hope it goes away, because clearly it won't.

I merely got to a point to where I came here to find this thread, expressed my concerns and have gotten feedback, some great suggestions.

Thank you.

#46 Computr0n

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 July 2023 - 11:57 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 15 July 2023 - 02:45 PM, said:

This was worth the 5-months-of-topics excavation project?

Real mystery that

It is to me, Can you help me understand it?

#47 Miriage

• PipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 July 2023 - 02:32 AM

Nobody is accusing a T5 of cheating. Nobody cares about you.
Stop posting everywhere trying to act like people talk about you when in reality the only time you are mentioned is when laughing at your pathetic attempts at main character syndrome.
Edit: adding a U so you know that this time I am talking about you

Edited by Miriage, 16 July 2023 - 02:32 AM.

#48 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 691 posts

Posted 16 July 2023 - 02:51 AM

this insane nonsense is brought to you by the letter U

#49 Vite Ramen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 July 2023 - 02:58 AM

Uh, that's terrible tu hear! Do yu have some examples tu share? What wuld people accuse u of? Headshuts or uther types uf hackusations?

#50 Luminios

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 July 2023 - 02:58 AM

Okay, lets go through this one issue at a time.

You are being accused of cheating. Don't worry about it, happens all the time. People that don't understand the game are quick to say someone is cheating if something happens that their knowledge of the mechanics can't explain, or that they deem too difficult to achieve.

You are being slandered and defamed by some parts of this community. Honestly, I think people just aren't just accepting everything you say as true because the things you claim are just completely and utterly wrong. It is actually not that different to people hackusating. You do not understand enough about the game or its mechanics for anyone to take anything you say seriously. I am assuming you are also WurdNurds on Steam, in which case you claim, and I quote "that you only need 1 Legend Dire Wolf to wipe out an entire team of non legends."

What do you expect people to say when someone, who evidently is not very good at the game (no shame in that), makes a claim like that. Apart from the obvious - there not being a Dire Wolf legend yet - while most of the legends have been strong, none of them is strong enough to even just 1v2 players of similar skill in similar mechs. One Moonwalker is going to lose to two MCII-B. That's not even a question, that is a fact. I'd say some of the legends are the strongest variants of their chassis, but I don't think they are the absolute best mechs around, especially not in T5.

But you don't understand that and just double down. Continuing to quote you from Steam: "I don't give a flying **** that you don't agree with me. It's plain to see that Legend mechs are game breaking content". I'd say you reap what you sow. You don't treat other members of this community with respect, don't accept opinions other than your own and when you are being called out for it, you cry that you are unfairly being singled out.

I don't get why you are trying so hard to rationalize you being stuck in T5. If you weren't so hellbent on blaming everyone but yourself, maybe you could improve.

Edited by Luminios, 16 July 2023 - 05:08 AM.

#51 SafeScanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 16 July 2023 - 03:23 AM

Can you not throw your steam forum baggage over here?

as i see it you set things off and now are crying foul that said people please keep things civil in/out of game

#52 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 16 July 2023 - 07:10 AM

View PostWurdsNurds, on 15 July 2023 - 11:54 PM, said:

Well, I've put up with it for quite a while now. I'm not going to continue sit back and hope it goes away, because clearly it won't.

I merely got to a point to where I came here to find this thread, expressed my concerns and have gotten feedback, some great suggestions.

Thank you.

i got better things to do than pick on the thin skinned. if anything it undermines society in the long run and ends up costing the trolls (and everyone else unfortunately) many orders of magnitude more than any ephemeral gratification they will get from the act.

and the zombie thing was about this thread being necro'd and in need of necromancy. had nothing to do with you. i just really dont like zombies on my lawn.

Edited by LordNothing, 16 July 2023 - 07:28 AM.

#53 SPNKRGrenth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 184 posts

Posted 16 July 2023 - 07:14 AM

Since this topic was dug back up... Just always try to aim for the head when possible (Baring a very open ST or CT, or almost legged). Even if you don't get headshots, it still helps with blinding and suppressing the enemy. And sometimes you'll get a lucky hit, or enough lucky partial hits, to get a headshot in the process. Or an enemy mech might stand especially still for you as well. Really, just aiming for the head area in general is good practice.

#54 Tromoskyon Rex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 243 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 16 July 2023 - 06:15 PM

For what it is worth, I have literally never heard of or seen you.

View PostWurdsNurds, on 15 July 2023 - 11:54 PM, said:

Thank you.

If you think someone saying you might be a bit sensitive because you found a 5 month old post to complain on is rude, you might be a bit sensitive.

Edited by Razgriz_, 16 July 2023 - 08:44 PM.

#55 Tromoskyon Rex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 243 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 16 July 2023 - 06:21 PM

View PostMiriage, on 16 July 2023 - 02:32 AM, said:

Nobody is accusing a T5 of cheating. Nobody cares about you.

I promise you people do. When I was grinding for Guillotine I dropped to T5 trying to get the hang of head hunting. I had dudes trying to team kill me for 'being a hacker' because of getting 3+ in one game multiple times. If anything, T5 is the WORST of it because it is where less skilled players are who simply don't know what is possible. Put DATA or NGNG into T5 for a day and most will think their superior skills are hacks.

#56 Tromoskyon Rex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 243 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 16 July 2023 - 06:24 PM

View PostSPNKRGrenth, on 16 July 2023 - 07:14 AM, said:

Really, just aiming for the head area in general is good practice.

Fully agree, worst case you're hitting CT in almost all cases, other than the Corsair.

#57 Computr0n

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 July 2023 - 10:35 PM

Yikes, if the Hate and username shaming isn't clear here, I don't know what clear is.

This topic was 'revived' when I got here and I now regret expressing my concerns as I can see that it is a gathering place mostly for hate.

Props to those who can hold a constructive conversation without resorting to name calling, skill insulting, screen name mocking or other nonsensical replies.

Edited by WurdsNurds, 18 July 2023 - 10:44 PM.

#58 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 18 July 2023 - 10:41 PM

i don't see any hate. just a whole lot of persecution complex.

#59 Computr0n

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 July 2023 - 10:53 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 18 July 2023 - 10:41 PM, said:

i don't see any hate. just a whole lot of persecution complex.

You don't see those replies with obvious mocking of my Username and how I chose to spell it? That's Hate, Sir.

I'm not here to defend myself from you, nor them, nor anyone.

I came here and made a statement based on my experiences. Who are you to tell me that I haven't experienced what I have experienced or that It's not serious?

It's clearly serious enough for me to come here to the forums.

You don't need to reply to this, please just stop.

#60 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 18 July 2023 - 11:01 PM

people make fun of my name all the time. have a bad game, "what do you expect from nothing". the difference is i dont start whining about it and accusing everyone of being a hate monger. the fact that they found some bemusement from my name simply means that i picked the right one.

you painted yourself as a target, and took my advise on the subject as another insult. you can let the small stuff go and build to better things or you can let it weigh you down.

and for the record the only one that made fun of your name is you.

Edited by LordNothing, 18 July 2023 - 11:10 PM.

54 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 54 guests, 0 anonymous users