Stop False Cheat Accusations!

Social Gameplay General

95 replies to this topic

#81 Mechwarrior2342356

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 26 July 2023 - 03:52 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 25 July 2023 - 10:50 PM, said:

that's the way you delt with it in ye olden days of yore. its a different matter when you never even set foot in the same town let alone the same state. when the person is text on a screen there is not really that much you can do about it. you can send your rebuttal or ignore it, and most of the time its not worth my time to even consider one or the other. whether or not it was that person's intent to bully you or not, if you whine about it, the bullies will take notice and flock to you. they get off on the power trip of dominating someone and shrivel up and die inside when they are ignored. the type of person who is a bully is a deeply narcissistic sociopath and the worst thing you can do to a narcissist is ignore them. the irony is that many of the victims also have this trait.

They pick invisible victims as often as possible. People who will not be defended by others, have nobody else to fall back on as a bulwark, and are unlikely to even try to seek help from others.

#82 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 26 July 2023 - 11:18 AM

View Postthe check engine light, on 26 July 2023 - 03:52 AM, said:

They pick invisible victims as often as possible. People who will not be defended by others, have nobody else to fall back on as a bulwark, and are unlikely to even try to seek help from others.

better they deal with it themselves. learning to stand up for one's self is possibly one of the most important lessons you can learn.

#83 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 27 July 2023 - 06:32 AM

View PostRazgriz_, on 25 July 2023 - 10:23 PM, said:

Like you would not believe lmao. People usually don't go for them so if you know where to shoot and someone doesn't realize that even the slightest movement makes it nearly impossible it is very easy.

Just now against a Gausszilla at 1000m

https://www.reddit.c...myz7/?context=3

4 in one game a bit ago

My scrapbook of 86 of all 107 mechs (at the time)

https://www.reddit.c...crapbook_86107/

I will admit, stealth triple heavy Thanny looks fun af.

I was wondering why people were ignoring you while literally on top of them.

Ok, so I take it back, lower skill players love to stand still and lack situational awareness!

#84 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 27 July 2023 - 06:33 AM

View Post80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie, on 27 July 2023 - 06:32 AM, said:

I will admit, stealth triple heavy Thanny looks fun af.

Ok, so I take it back, lower skill players love to stand still and lack situational awareness!

Kind of makes picking on them a nonaccomplishment.

View PostLordNothing, on 26 July 2023 - 11:18 AM, said:

better they deal with it themselves. learning to stand up for one's self is possibly one of the most important lessons you can learn.

Goddamn right it is.

Edited by the check engine light, 27 July 2023 - 06:34 AM.

#85 Tromoskyon Rex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 243 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 27 July 2023 - 06:57 AM

It is a mix of stealth armor and surprisingly good colors for camo on most maps. Ive had a few matches like that where I just pick a spot and don't move and somehow no one notices.

This match was a particularly rough example https://www.reddit.c...web2x&context=3

I think it is worth noting that while everyone wants to think this only happens in T5, Ive gotten plenty of people in 4 and 3 as well. Just because someone has been playing for a while or has a decent match score doesn't mean they know better. It isn't like Im over here getting stuck in T5 and griefing people.

View Postthe check engine light, on 27 July 2023 - 06:33 AM, said:

Kind of makes picking on them a nonaccomplishment.

There is a reason I joke and call a lot of them donations or staring contests, for at least half of them I feel bad about it more than proud of it. Take that Gausszilla clip for example, the dude clearly had no idea I was out of his range or that a headshot was even an option. I had one poor sob that for an entire day just kept standing there in an Atlas or Highlander who I got nearly 10 times. Dude was losing his mind, but I wanted my title lmao.

Edited by Razgriz_, 27 July 2023 - 07:02 AM.

#86 D Sync

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 135 posts

Posted 27 July 2023 - 01:01 PM

I'm starting to feel left out.

My AWS-8Q has a tendency to "spontaneously eject" opponents.

#87 RockmachinE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 29 July 2023 - 03:44 PM

You will never get mechs to stand still like that in T1, or ignore you regardless of stealth and paintjob, this is literally impossible to do on high tier play. That Than would have been dead in 5 seconds flat with gameplay like that.

#88 Snotskull

• Pip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 July 2023 - 07:06 PM

take a look and a couple of screenshots of the leader boards W/L ratios and K/D ratios. think about it for awhile then move on.

#89 -XenoBeast-

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 August 2023 - 04:44 AM

I'm recently being accused by the player [Redacted] in every single game because another guy on a [Redacted] unit, recorded a video that actually proves nothing.

The video shows 1 minute of me in HPG manifold loosing the match, with an Arctic Cheetah A, set of 8 and 2 arm mounted ERLL. The only weird thing is the jump jet animation while firing that arm mounted lasers and when I zoom to a Huntsman that I perfectly knew that was there because he drops down a ramp it was clear where he would fall and the red reticle around him reveals the position when I press the targeting key, I respond fast and I aim him pretty well while he jumps again.
I play almost every game with arms unlocked and the mouse sensitivity is pretty weird if you move too much the mouse while zooming, so yes, if you are too focused on zoom and then you out zoom and torso twist fast with arms unlocked seems a little bit weird.

Every single game, that guy trash talks about me in both teams chat and accuses me of using "cheats", specially when he loses the game against, saying that I won because of "cheats" and that kind of stuff.

Every tier 1 player can have a good aim, can have luck aiming for a cockpit kill, we all know the weird animations when using jump jets and lasers, and we all know about the invisible walls when playing with low graphics and other kind of weird stuff like lag, mouse sensitivity, playing arms unlocked and locking it when alpha strike...

I tried to talk with him, asking what in the video looks suspicious for them, didn't get any answer by him nor any of his friends.
Also, I've send this exact same video to PGI, just to show them I have nothing to hide and there's nothing strange on it, even told them to scan my PC or do whatever they got to do to prove that this guys are wrong.

A month ago I belive, they researched it, nothing happened, funny thing is that guy still talking trash.
I had never nothing against someone in particular, don't even know why people act that way.

I send to PGI every match ID when he does that to actually prove his serious accusations and harass.
Does anyone knows if PGI can do something about it? I mean, don't want him to get banned, just talk to them to stop this harassment, since this is making me sad.

To clarify what I think about all of this.., what's the point on "cheating" on any game? in a game with that small population? and also... in quick play? Not even money involved on this. I never played competitive.

I have around 2400h played and counting, 6,5k matches played and around 200 mechs full quirked but lots of you have much more since this game came out, so, no one on Earth will risk anything of this and get banned for this stupid things.

The real "cheaters" are no name people who have alter accounts with very few mechs or games played and they got banned soon because players who recorded them on the kill cam have real and clear evidences, like the video of that guy aiming for components and not shooting or that shadow cat on top of Grim Plexus shooting in a weird spot that is not even possible with hand mounted weapons.

I can't imagine anyone on this game being tier 1 and using "cheats", in other games there's plenty of them, like in Counter strike, but in MWO is the most ridiculous think we can imagine, since the few videos of real "cheating" on Internet seem to play like a tier 10 player without even getting good match results and not like a tier 1 player.

Edited by GM Patience, 03 August 2023 - 09:29 AM.
name and shame

#90 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 03 August 2023 - 07:38 AM

So I have to record all my poor gameplay now?
Posted Image

Edited by Saved By The Bell, 03 August 2023 - 07:38 AM.

#91 -XenoBeast-

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 August 2023 - 09:09 AM

View PostSaved By The Bell, on 03 August 2023 - 07:38 AM, said:

So I have to record all my poor gameplay now?
Posted Image

It seems so, in order to "justify" the non cheat usage...

#92 Tarteso

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 150 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 03 August 2023 - 09:46 AM

View Post-XenoBeast-, on 03 August 2023 - 04:44 AM, said:

The real "cheaters" are no name people who have alter accounts with very few mechs or games played and they got banned soon because players who recorded them on the kill cam have real and clear evidences, like the video of that guy aiming for components and not shooting or that shadow cat on top of Grim Plexus shooting in a weird spot that is not even possible with hand mounted weapons.

The real cheaters in this game just need a wallhack to know WERE everybody is and WHEN to shoot at the right targets. Just doing this, any semi-competent player can get crazy performance boosts, besides they (mostly) never get caught.

I can't imagine anyone on this game being tier 1 and using "cheats", in other games there's plenty of them, like in Counter strike, but in MWO is the most ridiculous think we can imagine, since the few videos of real "cheating" on Internet seem to play like a tier 10 player without even getting good match results and not like a tier 1 player.

Not sure if I can post the link, but you can search r/OutreachHPG for "Video evidence of MWO Comp team cheating?"

#93 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 03 August 2023 - 10:08 AM

View PostTarteso, on 03 August 2023 - 09:46 AM, said:

The real cheaters in this game just need a wallhack to know WERE everybody is and WHEN to shoot at the right targets. Just doing this, any semi-competent player can get crazy performance boosts, besides they (mostly) never get caught.

Not sure if I can post the link, but you can search r/OutreachHPG for "Video evidence of MWO Comp team cheating?"

The problem I foresee with spotting wallhackers is the amount of draw in failure on certain maps, I was accidentally wallhacking on Ceres, could see a Nightstar and something else and was shooting at them for a bit before going "wait no red flashes and they're not reacting", then the hill they were behind drew in and I was like "haha wtf"

#94 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 03 August 2023 - 12:56 PM

Spoiler

There are plenty of ******* playing this game and claiming this and that just ignore and/or rub it in their face with "L2P noobs" or something.
And yes plenty of T1 players been banned because of hax, even top tier comp players.

#95 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 03 August 2023 - 01:16 PM

View PostRockmachinE, on 29 July 2023 - 03:44 PM, said:

You will never get mechs to stand still like that in T1, or ignore you regardless of stealth and paintjob, this is literally impossible to do on high tier play. That Than would have been dead in 5 seconds flat with gameplay like that.

Dunno about impossible. Even at t1 there is some pretty potat play at times especially late night NA. In a match last night I farmed three sniping assaults in a row from the rear as they engaged their targets and not a one reacted once. I checked their jarls afterwards and all three were top 1000 players one of them top 100. So yeah it happens and more often than you would think.

#96 Tromoskyon Rex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 243 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 03 August 2023 - 05:30 PM

View PostMeep Meep, on 03 August 2023 - 01:16 PM, said:

Dunno about impossible. Even at t1 there is some pretty potat play at times especially late night NA. In a match last night I farmed three sniping assaults in a row from the rear as they engaged their targets and not a one reacted once. I checked their jarls afterwards and all three were top 1000 players one of them top 100. So yeah it happens and more often than you would think.

Right? By far the most funny thing to me of all the videos Ive posted are all the people assuming it is seal clubbing or greifing T5ers. It is definitely worse in lower tiers but not remotely exclusive. Even when I was in T2 (T3 now) Id still get about 5 a night.

You make a great point about time of day. I usually play pretty late NA times and when I have a day off and play at normal hours it can be very different.

Edited by Razgriz_, 03 August 2023 - 05:31 PM.

29 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 29 guests, 0 anonymous users