#221 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 March 2023 - 11:57 PM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 25 March 2023 - 08:43 AM, said:

ATM boats already go looking for their own locks, they don't even have indirect fire.

Tell that to many customers..

#222 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,786 posts

Posted 29 March 2023 - 10:08 AM

i ran some lerm mechs yesterday, a dervish and a crusader, not because i like lerms but they had good quirks for lerms and didnt think i wanted to leave them on the table. on most of the games it seemed like i was more willing to engage with the enemy than most of the direct fire builds were. i was using my preferred ppc, lock and lerm approach using dual lppc or snub, with some dumbfire thrown in for situations that even the ppc couldnt solve (entire lance of ecmbots). the duals are a bit easier because you can knock out two ecm boats or keep a mech disrupted for a longer period of time by spacing the shots. its a sad day when a lerm boat headshots you with their backup weapons.

#223 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 29 March 2023 - 11:25 AM

View Postthe check engine light, on 29 March 2023 - 10:12 AM, said:

I was actually noticing that in some matches running the LRM105 Dire when it still had that loadout. The big fat lerm-pinata being more aggressive and mobile than direct-fire teammates. (Didn't really work out well usually, because big fat lerm-pinata)

Take a fast heavy lurm boat with some decent back ups and lead the charge.
I like Archer's, Crusaders and stinky Clan Timbies or Mad dawgs
You be surprised at the people not shooting at you.
And shooting at the brawlers right behind you.
They don't see you as a real threat.

#224 VulkanNo1

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 33 posts
  • LocationGod's Country

Posted 29 March 2023 - 01:16 PM

As of right now, Lrms can be problematic. but all I'd say is get good. The only time I've died to lrms is when I've made a bad decision. however I understand the problem. a potential solution would be to increase the dispersion of the missiles, unless they have a specific spotter mech. Which in reality means they have to tag you. I think tags should be more effective. AMS's should be more effective. I mean we all know the fun of running a Disco Piranna. but Having a single AMS should dent the damage from a cluster of missiles to a decent effect. Perhaps you could increase the range of AMS. Etc.

Just giving my 2 pence here. Personally. I love the lermers. Cuzz i sneak around with my highlander and make them wet the bed.

#225 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,786 posts

Posted 29 March 2023 - 01:24 PM

i wish we could have the beam chasers we had in mwll. but then you also had to contend with the fact that everyone was running passive and your active sensors you needed for locks would flag you for death. but hey you could have a battle armor walk them in for you. narc was also stupid op. all you have to do is shoot your lerms into the air in the general direction of the narc blip, no lock required, and they would make your target regret not shooting the damn raven. but it was a thing of beauty.

#226 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 29 March 2023 - 05:05 PM

View PostVulkanNo1, on 29 March 2023 - 01:16 PM, said:

As of right now, Lrms can be problematic. but all I'd say is get good. The only time I've died to lrms is when I've made a bad decision. however I understand the problem. a potential solution would be to increase the dispersion of the missiles, unless they have a specific spotter mech. Which in reality means they have to tag you. I think tags should be more effective. AMS's should be more effective. I mean we all know the fun of running a Disco Piranna. but Having a single AMS should dent the damage from a cluster of missiles to a decent effect. Perhaps you could increase the range of AMS. Etc.

Just giving my 2 pence here. Personally. I love the lermers. Cuzz i sneak around with my highlander and make them wet the bed.

Lrms already have 3-5 spread which is pretty wide. One Ams with one ton ammo destroys lrms especially a lowly lrm 5. Skill tree also adds to the speed,range, and damage of ams. The reason why the 5s, and 10s hardly go used is due to how effective ams can be. You need the 15/20 to be a threat as a lrm boat. Given that nearly every single mech in the game can mount a minimal of one ams for under two tons using the lams that is a potential 12 ams per match.

Add in ecms which is used to sells mechs now and multiple mechs with 2-4 ams and any lrm launcher under 20 is just a waste of tons. But you (the ones that say lrms must be nerfed,not you personally) wanted the game to be what it is now.

I had to drop a lrm 60 atlas to get any decent damage today and said the hell with it. I went back to other funner games that doesn't require all the extra bs just to shoot a weapon I want to use.

#227 Leadpaintchips

• PipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 69 posts

Posted 29 March 2023 - 07:37 PM

LRM's have a place. I actually enjoy having a catapault on each side, throwing support on the match. Gives something for lights to do other then humping the slowest assault's legs to death.

It just becomes unfun when it's a couple of assaults deciding that this match, you are not going to play. I know it's the most effective thing, to focus fire one person and start the snowball by removing mechs one at a time, but there really needs to be more commitment to be able to do that (TBF we need that change in all damage types, but that's a pipe dream).

#228 Storky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 905 posts

Posted 30 March 2023 - 01:54 AM

After 2 years break its so hard to adapt to bizzare MWO graphics. That was a problem since the first version of the game 10+ years ago. I have a good habits, but I am blind to think tacticly. Can't even execute streak poptart.

So I've picked my Catapult A1 with Lurms and streaks and felt like skill is returning to me, I was effective a as indirect support, lurm-poptart, selflocking lurmer and eventually as streak-brawler.

Hense Lurms is a nice choise to get in game.

#229 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 30 March 2023 - 04:01 AM

View PostD A T A, on 03 March 2023 - 10:28 AM, said:

I'd like to hear what people think about the topic.

1) LRMs have very low skill requirements, they are very close to an aimbot, which is the negation itself of the concept of PvP: they just should not be nearly as good as the other weapons, because they require no aim to be used.

2) Due to their easy nature, tier 3-4-5 are INFESTED by LRM rains, and at times these filthy aimbots bring cancer even in comp, which is laughable per se.

3) The overabundance of LRMs causes the ECM spam as a reaction, because all the other countermeasures got nerfed directly or indirectly into the dust.

4) LRM rains invalidate many slow mechs without ecm, reducing game diversity, because they are just too big to use many objects as covers and LRMs now travel too fast to even let them go to cover, due to the stupidity of the LRM velocity buffs delivered by Chris, pre cauldron.

5) AMS/LAMS are useless, you get rained regardless

6) LRMs can not be balanced on AMS solely, because many clan omnis can not effectively mount it.

7) LRMS got buffed repeatedly in a direct or indirect way in the last 4 years (velocity buff, velocity tree, velocity quirks, missile HP boost, ECM nerf, Radar Deprivation nerf)

PROBLEM

I am sick of a situation where you get hit by missiles so quick that Betty can't even finish saying "warning incoming missile" anymore.
I am sick of seeing most 70-100 tonners without ecm behave just like LRM landing platforms.

PROPOSAL

Nerf LRM velocity so that slower mechs have more time to travel to their cover, and so that AMS has more time to shoot down incoming missiles.

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Praise Chris!

I've really hated LRMs and LRM users for a very long time. I still do. I think the vast majority of LRM users are complete potatoes. People who couldn't tie their shoe laces in the morning without some help. No, really, I hate every single one of you.

BUT!

LRMs have been a staple for low skill, low reward, most of the time. More often then not, an LRM boat outright fails to contribute anything meaningful. Ignore comp games where pro's take it. They're trolling. LRMs have always been a staple for low skill use and should remain there. They don't need a nerf. They don't need a buff. They're fine where they are at. Leave it alone. Let potatoes potato.

#230 Runecarver

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 30 March 2023 - 05:37 AM

View PostDrtyDshSoap, on 30 March 2023 - 04:01 AM, said:

-SNIP-

The irony that every "high skill" weapon has gotten repeatedly buffed so as to lower the threshold for its effective use to the point they're easier to use than LRMs are these days. To the point there's next to no skill required at all.

#231 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 30 March 2023 - 05:42 AM

View PostRunecarver, on 30 March 2023 - 05:37 AM, said:

The irony that every "high skill" weapon has gotten repeatedly buffed so as to lower the threshold for its effective use to the point they're easier to use than LRMs are these days. To the point there's next to no skill required at all.

Didn't know gauss, lasers, and ballistics required a lock on that could traverse the map overhead without LOS. Oops. Guessed I missed that buff.

#232 Runecarver

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 30 March 2023 - 07:01 AM

View PostDrtyDshSoap, on 30 March 2023 - 05:42 AM, said:

Didn't know gauss, lasers, and ballistics required a lock on that could traverse the map overhead without LOS. Oops. Guessed I missed that buff.

You also seem to have missed they can traverse twice as far as those missiles thanks to maximum range being double or more their optimum range. Crossing that distance instantly thanks to being hitscan, or 8-10 times as fast as those overhead missiles if they're projectiles. While being pin point accurate, without any minimum range downsides either if someone closes in.

But if you want to sit out in the open or under a UAV at 900-1000m for 8 seconds for those scary overhead missiles to achieve a lock, and wait another 5 seconds for them to reach you, then by all means.

Edited by Runecarver, 30 March 2023 - 10:11 AM.

#233 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 30 March 2023 - 03:06 PM

View PostRunecarver, on 30 March 2023 - 07:01 AM, said:

You also seem to have missed they can traverse twice as far as those missiles thanks to maximum range being double or more their optimum range. Crossing that distance instantly thanks to being hitscan, or 8-10 times as fast as those overhead missiles if they're projectiles. While being pin point accurate, without any minimum range downsides either if someone closes in.

But if you want to sit out in the open or under a UAV at 900-1000m for 8 seconds for those scary overhead missiles to achieve a lock, and wait another 5 seconds for them to reach you, then by all means.

Sure, if you stand out in the open and die. It's been like this since launch? I'm not sure what your argument is, lol.

That last statement, again, I'm not sure what you're trying to convey? That they do traverse without LOS? Are you mad because pin point weapons have and always will outshine LRMs or something?

#234 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 30 March 2023 - 04:05 PM

Yup another Blue Flashlighter yet again.
Of all the players I've tried to get to play this game and there have been many.
Over the years only 2 have complained about LRMs.
All the rest have just walked away because of the blue flash lights.
Period.

#235 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 473 posts

Posted 30 March 2023 - 05:30 PM

If LRMS are so inferior that only the lowly unskilled tiers use them, then what are you worried about?

#236 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 30 March 2023 - 05:49 PM

View PostD A T A, on 03 March 2023 - 10:28 AM, said:

I'd like to hear what people think about the topic.

1) LRMs have very low skill requirements, they are very close to an aimbot, which is the negation itself of the concept of PvP: they just should not be nearly as good as the other weapons, because they require no aim to be used.

2) Due to their easy nature, tier 3-4-5 are INFESTED by LRM rains, and at times these filthy aimbots bring cancer even in comp, which is laughable per se.

3) The overabundance of LRMs causes the ECM spam as a reaction, because all the other countermeasures got nerfed directly or indirectly into the dust.

4) LRM rains invalidate many slow mechs without ecm, reducing game diversity, because they are just too big to use many objects as covers and LRMs now travel too fast to even let them go to cover, due to the stupidity of the LRM velocity buffs delivered by Chris, pre cauldron.

5) AMS/LAMS are useless, you get rained regardless

6) LRMs can not be balanced on AMS solely, because many clan omnis can not effectively mount it.

7) LRMS got buffed repeatedly in a direct or indirect way in the last 4 years (velocity buff, velocity tree, velocity quirks, missile HP boost, ECM nerf, Radar Deprivation nerf)

PROBLEM

I am sick of a situation where you get hit by missiles so quick that Betty can't even finish saying "warning incoming missile" anymore.
I am sick of seeing most 70-100 tonners without ecm behave just like LRM landing platforms.

PROPOSAL

Nerf LRM velocity so that slower mechs have more time to travel to their cover, and so that AMS has more time to shoot down incoming missiles.
in my experience PGI only cares about T1 and maybe T2 so your out of luck with any changes unless your tier 1

#237 MrTBSC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 185 posts

Posted 30 March 2023 - 11:46 PM

View PostCurccu, on 24 March 2023 - 04:37 AM, said:

Is there any weapon in this game that works better as single weapon than as many same as possible?

matter of tonnage, slotspace and hardpoint limitation if you are hardpoint limited then generally taking a bigger/heavier weapon makes sense otherwise there simply is no reason to not run 2 heavy weapons or/and groups of 3 to 6 light/medium weapons if the mech permits it

View Postthe check engine light, on 24 March 2023 - 05:06 AM, said:

Heavy PPCs seem just outright bad to me unless you have an HSL+ on them so you can run 3 and get 45 pinpoint for things like headcaps. In any other application I would rather run PPCs.

HPPC deffinitively need supplementary weapons to cover the minrange disadvantage but in my personal opinion they are a decent weapon ... i run a Warhammer with 2 HPPC and a group of medium lasers and works well enough for me
it does more damage than a AC 10 and as much as a gaussrifle even with less range
and is lighter than both weapons, does not require ammo and still is a PPFLD weapon ..
the primary thing is to simply not go in unlike with autocannons and lasers ... but keep targetdistance a bit more than arms reach ..

Edited by MrTBSC, 31 March 2023 - 12:00 AM.

#238 Divkrd

• PipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 53 posts
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 02 April 2023 - 01:29 AM

What's with OP LRM pathetic EBJ? Cant use no brain weapon?
Posted Image

Edited by Divkrd, 02 April 2023 - 01:30 AM.

#239 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 02 April 2023 - 02:15 AM

View PostDivkrd, on 02 April 2023 - 01:29 AM, said:

What's with OP LRM pathetic EBJ? Cant use no brain weapon?
Spoiler

Aww... and one of the better maps for lurms...

#240 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 02 April 2023 - 04:04 AM

Looks like bad players with DATA, bad map for LRM, died fast.

So, LRM need a company, we all know it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users