265 replies to this topic

#261 Der Geisterbaer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 800 posts

Posted 05 May 2023 - 12:14 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 05 May 2023 - 12:01 PM, said:

maybe you are playing the wrong game then.

Maybe you are now deflecting instead of simply admitting to being wrong about something you claimed to be correct.

concessions have to be made for a live game.

~sigh~ And none of that actually applies here where someone made the claim that MW:O has given all mechs C3 by default ... which it hasn't because C3 bonuses have no equivalent here.
MW.O allows indirect missile fire in the purest sense of the Battletech rules.

mwll had a very good electronic warfare system,

But "unfortunately" is entirely irrelevant for MW:O or the particular claim that all MW:O mechs allegedly were given C3.

one of the best ive seen in a game, and to just handwave it away because a manual for a table top game said so is kind of silly.

Nice strawman in conjunction with an underhanded insult. Kudos for that, I guess

Side note: When someone claims that Battletech - as in the table top game - did "this" or "that" then that "manual for a table top game" is exactly where you're supposed to look in order to determine whether or not the claim is correct ;)

#262 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,790 posts

Posted 05 May 2023 - 12:38 PM

i really dont care what table top did. i only care what the better mechwarrior games did. games post mwll seem to be on the back slide.

i mean you can use a brick phone or drive a model t. going back to original sources on something thats been in development for several decades is kind of a disservice to any progress made since then. for the better or worse. but when a gold standard presents itself, like the mwll electronic warfare system, it is wise to take note.

Edited by LordNothing, 05 May 2023 - 01:03 PM.

#263 foamyesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 694 posts

Posted 05 May 2023 - 09:41 PM

I flat guarantee that nobody actually wants to give up the inherent datalink that tells them where enemies are whenever a teammate locks them. It has way more impact on gameplay than simply allowing indirect LRM fire.

#264 Runecarver

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 06 May 2023 - 05:31 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 05 May 2023 - 12:38 PM, said:

i really dont care what table top did. i only care what the better mechwarrior games did. games post mwll seem to be on the back slide.

i mean you can use a brick phone or drive a model t. going back to original sources on something thats been in development for several decades is kind of a disservice to any progress made since then. for the better or worse. but when a gold standard presents itself, like the mwll electronic warfare system, it is wise to take note.

Those are some severe rose tinted goggles put on a humongous heap of ignorance right there. Consider playing MW:LL instead, rather than spouting your nonsense here.

#265 East Indy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,213 posts
  • LocationPacifica Training School, waiting for BakPhar shares to rise

Posted 06 May 2023 - 07:00 AM

View PostJediPanther, on 29 March 2023 - 05:05 PM, said:

I had to drop a lrm 60 atlas to get any decent damage today and said the hell with it.

This is the key, and goes back to the game's fundamental flaw: too much can be fired at once/in a short time window without diminishing returns. Sounds like things are still balanced around insane amounts of LRMs, so the slightest adjustment marginalizes small/limited racks or enables volleys to dominate non-ECM (or both!). And this is probably the jenga block partly keeping gratuitous long-range PPDFLD in check. What a mess! Always with this game: more, more, more.

#266 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,790 posts

Posted 06 May 2023 - 09:19 AM

View PostRunecarver, on 06 May 2023 - 05:31 AM, said:

Those are some severe rose tinted goggles put on a humongous heap of ignorance right there. Consider playing MW:LL instead, rather than spouting your nonsense here.

rose tinted glasses? and the tt crowd dont have those too? especially those who adhere to the og rule set.

mwll was not perfect. it had:

bad collision detection
a skill gradient that kept bad players in crappy mechs
op tanks
no mechlab
lots of graphic glitches
grueling hour long matches

but it did have good electronic warfare in that it actually thought things out rather than putting in a bunch of weak equipment that is token ew at best. by all means maintain the status quo and watch player counts leave.

Edited by LordNothing, 06 May 2023 - 09:20 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users