35 replies to this topic

#21 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 17 April 2023 - 06:08 PM

The Purifier you have to play more as a Medium than a Light. Something Like This is my favorite for the chassis, but since it's an omni, you can swap out some pods and go cERML poke +ECM (left arm) if you desire. With the linked build, you'll want to cooperate with your teammates and attack enemies that are already engaged with someone else - giving your target the difficult choice of ignoring either you or your teammate in order to deal with the other.

#22 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 18 April 2023 - 02:19 AM

honestly though the light mech that i use the most is the Urbie-R63 (i simply call it my Annoyance Urbie)

UM-R63 (3 L-PPCs, 3 MGs (1 1/2t ammo), 1 AMS (1/2t ammo) running an LE-170 with 4 DHS, Endo, and LFF)

if you are set on that ECM then here is my take on the UM-R80 (no AMS though)

UM-R80 (3 L-PPCs, 2 ER-SLs, running an LE-170 with 5 DHS, 1 JJ, ECM, Endo, and LFF)

(the original annoyance Urbie came about back when L-PPCs got some love in a Balance pass and i was using it as a test bed to see what i could do with them. the original version i think had a single ER-PPC and HMGs though i don't quite remember.)

the Annoyance Urbie gets its name from when i chain fire the PPCs to kill an enemy mech's ECM. well that and the fact that 3 MGs really are more an annoyance than a real threat. though it is always funny to see something like an Assault start twisting like mad and retreating after getting tickled from max rang by the MGs leaving me able to just PPC them repeatedly without return fire. i can still bring in surprising numbers in matches. i often get to the end of a match feeling like i did very little only to see i did something like 500 damage or more.

#23 Meep Meep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,757 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 19 April 2023 - 03:10 PM

I'm having an absolute blast with this. 130kph after speed tweak and impressive sustainable dps which lets you punish mechs that get caught out or over extend from around 600m. JJ are just enough to get you where you need to go or to pop tart but keep in mind the low slung weapon arm or you will waste two thirds of your alpha on a rock or other terrain. Shield with your left torso so you don't get the weapon arm shot off.

sdr-5d

Skill Tree: aa85ad35a36d834460a49cdf5ef20743cc05b00008066124b06676c000000

Could use a buff to the right arm armor though as targets with half a brain will try to strip it off first.

#24 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 19 April 2023 - 08:18 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 17 April 2023 - 06:08 PM, said:

The Purifier you have to play more as a Medium than a Light. Something Like This is my favorite for the chassis, but since it's an omni, you can swap out some pods and go cERML poke +ECM (left arm) if you desire. With the linked build, you'll want to cooperate with your teammates and attack enemies that are already engaged with someone else - giving your target the difficult choice of ignoring either you or your teammate in order to deal with the other.

Have you ever tried big guns?

#25 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 19 April 2023 - 08:24 PM

View PostVeeOt Dragon, on 18 April 2023 - 02:19 AM, said:

honestly though the light mech that i use the most is the Urbie-R63 (i simply call it my Annoyance Urbie)

UM-R63 (3 L-PPCs, 3 MGs (1 1/2t ammo), 1 AMS (1/2t ammo) running an LE-170 with 4 DHS, Endo, and LFF)

if you are set on that ECM then here is my take on the UM-R80 (no AMS though)

UM-R80 (3 L-PPCs, 2 ER-SLs, running an LE-170 with 5 DHS, 1 JJ, ECM, Endo, and LFF)

(the original annoyance Urbie came about back when L-PPCs got some love in a Balance pass and i was using it as a test bed to see what i could do with them. the original version i think had a single ER-PPC and HMGs though i don't quite remember.)

the Annoyance Urbie gets its name from when i chain fire the PPCs to kill an enemy mech's ECM. well that and the fact that 3 MGs really are more an annoyance than a real threat. though it is always funny to see something like an Assault start twisting like mad and retreating after getting tickled from max rang by the MGs leaving me able to just PPC them repeatedly without return fire. i can still bring in surprising numbers in matches. i often get to the end of a match feeling like i did very little only to see i did something like 500 damage or more.

I think it's better to speed up urbie :)

#26 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 21 April 2023 - 04:46 PM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 19 April 2023 - 08:18 PM, said:

Have you ever tried big guns?

On Lights, generally larger guns aren't optimal. Sure, I CAN put an LPL on my Locust 1V - but is the extra range worth halving my dps and dropping 9kph top speed? Not in practice; I can put out 12 dps literally forever on most maps, and use my 165kph top speed to control engagement ranges and avoid enemy counter-attacks: it's best to focus on what the chassis does best.

Now the Purifier is on the other end of the weight class, and plays (due to its hard-locked engine rating) essentially like a fast Medium chassis. You can do long-range builds with a Kit Fox, but the awesome MG quirks on its right arm omnipod make it a brutal MG-armed knife fighter - literally almost a third of that 'mech is guns, and that's not counting ammo. Other chassis in that weight class tend to do pure laser builds better, and it's better to do what the chassis does best.

Now, for something that does support larger guns, check out the Urbanmech. This chassis is still a Light, but its small size, great hitboxes and (probably excessive) armor quirks make it very hard to kill for its size. Alongside its strong missile quirks, it's a great chassis for supporting larger teammates in taking down big, slow 'mechs on the enemy team. Just depends on what the chassis does well.

Now, just because a 'mech has a quirk for something, that doesn't mean you have to put that weapon on it. I ignore quirks I don't want to use all the time. Conversely, just because you can Ruin a Spider to take advantage of its energy quirks, that doesn't mean you should...

For larger guns, I prefer a bit more tonnage to support those weapons with ammo and cooling capacity - but if you want me to build something small with a big alpha, let me know what chassis you're looking to do it in and I'll see what I can do.

Edited by Void Angel, 21 April 2023 - 04:50 PM.

#27 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 21 April 2023 - 05:21 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 21 April 2023 - 04:46 PM, said:

On Lights, generally larger guns aren't optimal. Sure, I CAN put an LPL on my Locust 1V - but is the extra range worth halving my dps and dropping 9kph top speed? Not in practice; I can put out 12 dps literally forever on most maps, and use my 165kph top speed to control engagement ranges and avoid enemy counter-attacks: it's best to focus on what the chassis does best.

Now the Purifier is on the other end of the weight class, and plays (due to its hard-locked engine rating) essentially like a fast Medium chassis. You can do long-range builds with a Kit Fox, but the awesome MG quirks on its right arm omnipod make it a brutal MG-armed knife fighter - literally almost a third of that 'mech is guns, and that's not counting ammo. Other chassis in that weight class tend to do pure laser builds better, and it's better to do what the chassis does best.

Now, for something that does support larger guns, check out the Urbanmech. This chassis is still a Light, but its small size, great hitboxes and (probably excessive) armor quirks make it very hard to kill for its size. Alongside its strong missile quirks, it's a great chassis for supporting larger teammates in taking down big, slow 'mechs on the enemy team. Just depends on what the chassis does well.

Now, just because a 'mech has a quirk for something, that doesn't mean you have to put that weapon on it. I ignore quirks I don't want to use all the time. Conversely, just because you can Ruin a Spider to take advantage of its energy quirks, that doesn't mean you should...

For larger guns, I prefer a bit more tonnage to support those weapons with ammo and cooling capacity - but if you want me to build something small with a big alpha, let me know what chassis you're looking to do it in and I'll see what I can do.

The surprise attack that really caught my attention :) Posted Image

amaze

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 21 April 2023 - 05:22 PM.

#28 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 21 April 2023 - 05:27 PM

people often think and attack small machines with small gun

He comes near her and tries to catch her.

#29 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 22 April 2023 - 04:55 PM

I'm not sure exactly what you're saying here, sorry.

#30 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 22 April 2023 - 06:57 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 22 April 2023 - 04:55 PM, said:

I'm not sure exactly what you're saying here, sorry.

Posted Image

Now ?

I just gave an example that can be done better.

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 22 April 2023 - 06:59 PM.

#31 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 23 April 2023 - 06:28 PM

Oh, I see. You literally were asking about large guns on Light chassis.

And I guess you can do that. It'll be good for finishing off damaged Lights and stuff, but...

The build I linked above would put out 79% more dps than an AC/20 Purifier with optimized omnipods. Don't misunderstand me here: A cUAC/20 on a 30 ton 'mech is fun, and other Light pilots WILL avoid you, since you only really need to hit them once. But your overall damage done will be higher - much higher - in a typical match using many small guns than the one large one.

#32 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 24 April 2023 - 07:33 AM

View PostVoid Angel, on 23 April 2023 - 06:28 PM, said:

Oh, I see. You literally were asking about large guns on Light chassis.

And I guess you can do that. It'll be good for finishing off damaged Lights and stuff, but...

The build I linked above would put out 79% more dps than an AC/20 Purifier with optimized omnipods. Don't misunderstand me here: A cUAC/20 on a 30 ton 'mech is fun, and other Light pilots WILL avoid you, since you only really need to hit them once. But your overall damage done will be higher - much higher - in a typical match using many small guns than the one large one.

Thank you :)

#33 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 28 April 2023 - 01:22 AM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 22 April 2023 - 06:57 PM, said:

Posted Image

Now ?

I just gave an example that can be done better.

So this is what you have rn: https://mwo.nav-alph...ff53ded7_KFX-PR
It can be done much better by swapping torso and arm pods:
  • PRIME right arm adds 10% Velocity
  • PRIME right torso adds 10% Cooldown and 5% Range as well as an ammo quirk
  • PRIME left torso adds 10% Cooldown and 5% Range
  • P left arm gives you another ammo quirk as well as 15% Velocity and 30% Jam Chance
This is what you get by putting them on - just compare the quirks: https://mwo.nav-alph...cafdf635_KFX-PR
The ammo quirks are super important, as without them you don't have enough shots to last you a match. With the additional ammo bonuses, that configuration gets more ammo in three tons than yours gets in four tons - and it can shoot more often and more accurately to boot!

Edited by Horseman, 28 April 2023 - 01:27 AM.

#34 Desiderati

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2023 - 09:48 AM

In this build, what is the reason to buy a Purifier with MC and not a KFX-PRIME with C-bills? Can't see the point, please explain it to me.

#35 epikt

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 21 June 2023 - 09:59 AM

View PostDesiderati, on 21 June 2023 - 09:48 AM, said:

In this build, what is the reason to buy a Purifier with MC and not a KFX-PRIME with C-bills? Can't see the point, please explain it to me.

There's no point, the build is the exact same on every KFX variant. Just be sure to mount the correct omnipods: prime right arm and torsos, and P left arm (plus one S leg if you want jets).
The only thing the Purifier brings is the cbill bonus (I personally do it on a legacy mech for this reason)

#36 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 21 June 2023 - 01:58 PM

View PostDesiderati, on 21 June 2023 - 09:48 AM, said:

Only having the 30% C-Bill bonus. everything else is exactly the same no matter which KFX CT you use.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users