Solaris Clan Medium Event Queue Weekend And Sale!

49 replies to this topic

#21 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 16 March 2023 - 05:14 PM

foot fettish arena.

#22 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 16 March 2023 - 05:20 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 15 March 2023 - 05:43 PM, said:

Which day is best for you for Steiner Coliseum?

I take it back, Boreal is probably a better map than Steiner - at least for 1v1. First time I've actually had a few minutes and the right day to get it on a drop.

Thanks for switching it up so at least that was at a time I could get a few drops on it to check it out.

#23 PiVoR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 March 2023 - 02:49 AM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 15 March 2023 - 05:57 PM, said:

We cannot at this time disable a single weapon type. It's on my request list for an Event Queue update.

Add to your list, doubling leg armor

#24 BLACKR0SE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 17 March 2023 - 01:44 PM

Can we please replay solo matches?

I won over 10 battles in 1 hour in a solo match.
In group play, I cannot win 1 match in 1 hour.

I can't get in close contact. someone is behind me.

#25 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 17 March 2023 - 01:53 PM

I hate group play. i hate it.

#26 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 17 March 2023 - 03:58 PM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 17 March 2023 - 01:44 PM, said:

I can't get in close contact. someone is behind me.

You should consider piloting something faster until you understand match positioning a little better. The good majority of the time people getting behind you is because you wandered/fell back away from your team and/or also gave away your position early.

Don't know what times of the day you play, but you could hook up with a unit or group. Even if you don't speak their language you can roll with them and see the things they do to move around the maps and avoid getting flanked and reduced targeting until they are in their range to engage.

#27 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 17 March 2023 - 04:17 PM

View Postsycocys, on 17 March 2023 - 03:58 PM, said:

You should consider piloting something faster until you understand match positioning a little better. The good majority of the time people getting behind you is because you wandered/fell back away from your team and/or also gave away your position early.

Don't know what times of the day you play, but you could hook up with a unit or group. Even if you don't speak their language you can roll with them and see the things they do to move around the maps and avoid getting flanked and reduced targeting until they are in their range to engage.

Not everyone who plays the sycocys pc game is looking for a group.
Once you write, I understand you.
I do not share the same opinion as you.
I love being free, you know?
If I have time, I play a lot. If I don't have time, I play less.
I don't want to go into an adaptation to play games.
I think you understand me too.

I understand the theme of this game
but you don't have to restrict people.

At least one day a week, set people free, a lot?

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 17 March 2023 - 04:19 PM.

#28 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 17 March 2023 - 04:26 PM

View Postsycocys, on 17 March 2023 - 03:58 PM, said:

I am someone who plays all new games.
I've never needed a group to play a game until now.
My character doesn't change after that.

#29 Mokkor

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 March 2023 - 05:18 AM

Would be really great to have 6 hours periods instead of 12 hours ones.
Something like:
6 hours 1v1 Boreal
6 hours 2v2 Boreal
6 hours 1v1 Boreal
6 hours 2v2 Boreal
That way if I only want to play 2v2 I can easily play something else for 6 hours and come back. And it also means that at least one of 6 hours period will be in my prime time. Right now 2v2 are either in early morning or in late night for me.

#30 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 18 March 2023 - 07:35 AM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 17 March 2023 - 04:26 PM, said:

I am someone who plays all new games.
I've never needed a group to play a game until now.
My character doesn't change after that.

Well the design of the game is team death match, so there is that.

What I'm trying to help you figure out is how to perform better dropping solo into the chaos.

If you are constantly getting flanked then you have a positioning and maybe mobility (don't know your builds, a lot of T5s run small engines and too much firepower) issue - running something faster and dropping with a group will help you to understand better positioning so you can more effectively contribute to matches and increase your win rate.

If you are totally against running with a group, just drop in something faster and keep up with the team and spend a little of your attention to seeing how they are navigating (especially the ones that aren't dying fast). I only drop solo, if the comms are quiet (which is normal) then it's just a single player game with a bunch of varying skilled ai.

Sometimes you seems like you are trying to figure the game out and get better, other times you seem like you are set on being in the low skill zone.

#31 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 531 posts

Posted 18 March 2023 - 08:00 AM

Loving it! It have the chance to use some mwchs I havent play in quite a while, an experimenting mew loadouts with some pleasant surprises.

PS

Hope the next one happens with IS mechs thought

Edited by simon1812, 18 March 2023 - 09:15 AM.

#32 catgirl

• PipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 66 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCanopus IV

Posted 18 March 2023 - 11:49 AM

Thank you so much for these! Event queue is the only time I can really make a difference about my little C-bills :) I love sales too! I try to buy as much 'mech chassis as I can and take time to loadout new ones. I seriously look forward to these events every other week. I appreciate the dedication :)

Edited by catgirl, 18 March 2023 - 12:09 PM.

#33 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 18 March 2023 - 03:16 PM

View Postsycocys, on 18 March 2023 - 07:35 AM, said:

Well the design of the game is team death match, so there is that.

What I'm trying to help you figure out is how to perform better dropping solo into the chaos.

If you are constantly getting flanked then you have a positioning and maybe mobility (don't know your builds, a lot of T5s run small engines and too much firepower) issue - running something faster and dropping with a group will help you to understand better positioning so you can more effectively contribute to matches and increase your win rate.

If you are totally against running with a group, just drop in something faster and keep up with the team and spend a little of your attention to seeing how they are navigating (especially the ones that aren't dying fast). I only drop solo, if the comms are quiet (which is normal) then it's just a single player game with a bunch of varying skilled ai.

Sometimes you seems like you are trying to figure the game out and get better, other times you seem like you are set on being in the low skill zone.

My performance is good in single player matches.
because I can follow the trend.
the map is clear.
class is clear.
I can observe the density
I can analyze widely used machines.

It is clear where the enemy will come from.
I can take my guard.
My back is clean.
my fault is my fault.
success is my success.
I love it.

I destroyed a lot of enemies today, I still continue.
I had so much fun today.
I like to wait for the next opponent.

It would be nice if it was a multiplayer DM.
without teams.
I would compare myself to a real gladiator.
i love this feeling.
i love this mod.

#34 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 18 March 2023 - 03:20 PM

I don't play for prizes. i love this mod.

#35 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 18 March 2023 - 03:46 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 18 March 2023 - 07:42 AM, said:

Don't like it either but after the first couple times it was done to me I realized that I could either abstain from legging and have a much harder time grinding towards the Stormcrow or say "**** it", join in and quit pretending I'm in EQ to actually have fun

It's just an expedited grind, there's nothing particularly fun about queuing up against coordinated leg eaters, just grind until objective and log out or be punished for not playing the game on their terms

thing is, i dont even consider it an effective strategy. combined armor on the legs is more than the ct. i usually go for a st on a medium though. it takes half the guns and puts you in an advantageous position. stripping a leg on a clan mech is also not as effective as on an is mech, as they seldom keep ammo there. i can understand legging a fast mech like a viper or scat on a bigger map, but on a solaris map there are not a whole lot of places to hide.

lets see, i ran veagles, black lanners, a scat and a nova. all have full armor and for sake of argument allocate only 6 points rear (there is some variation on my actual builts, i often move points forward if its fast or doesn't have a lot of front armor).

on the veagle a, a leg has 52 hitpoints, an st has 46 points and the ct only has 66. it is less hitpoints to go for a side torso, and less overall to go for a ct. the legs on a black lanner e are only 3 points less than the sts, otherwise its much like the veagle. the scat-d now has the same legs as the other two but a lot less armor on the torsos (44 side and 58 center). the nova breaker i ran is actually the mech with lowest leg armor, a mere 48 points, and on fat legs i might add. it also has a weak ct and weaker sts (2 points less) like the scat.

there are two counters to legging. one is leg shielding, which you should start doing the second the enemy starts shooting at legs. this saved me like four times yesterday including the best match of the day. i also noticed a lot of mechs are standing completely still to sweep the second leg, this opens them up to a headshot.

Edited by LordNothing, 18 March 2023 - 03:48 PM.

#36 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 18 March 2023 - 04:26 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 18 March 2023 - 03:46 PM, said:

thing is, i dont even consider it an effective strategy. combined armor on the legs is more than the ct. i usually go for a st on a medium though. it takes half the guns and puts you in an advantageous position. stripping a leg on a clan mech is also not as effective as on an is mech, as they seldom keep ammo there. i can understand legging a fast mech like a viper or scat on a bigger map, but on a solaris map there are not a whole lot of places to hide.

lets see, i ran veagles, black lanners, a scat and a nova. all have full armor and for sake of argument allocate only 6 points rear (there is some variation on my actual builts, i often move points forward if its fast or doesn't have a lot of front armor).

on the veagle a, a leg has 52 hitpoints, an st has 46 points and the ct only has 66. it is less hitpoints to go for a side torso, and less overall to go for a ct. the legs on a black lanner e are only 3 points less than the sts, otherwise its much like the veagle. the scat-d now has the same legs as the other two but a lot less armor on the torsos (44 side and 58 center). the nova breaker i ran is actually the mech with lowest leg armor, a mere 48 points, and on fat legs i might add. it also has a weak ct and weaker sts (2 points less) like the scat.

there are two counters to legging. one is leg shielding, which you should start doing the second the enemy starts shooting at legs. this saved me like four times yesterday including the best match of the day. i also noticed a lot of mechs are standing completely still to sweep the second leg, this opens them up to a headshot.

Why are you bringing the enemy closer to you?

gauss rifle

nice 0 temperature :)
You can have a spare gun.

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 18 March 2023 - 04:27 PM.

#37 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 18 March 2023 - 05:04 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 18 March 2023 - 04:39 PM, said:

This isn't about fun. This is just an expedited grind method.

Just play the game, even if you aren't good you are going to get the free mech. It's not like the target is in any way a high one to get.

There's literally 0 need to play through or grind a mode (or even the game if you don't like it as it appears from most of your last posting) you don't enjoy for an event reward you'll get just by playing a few matches a night for a month.

#38 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 18 March 2023 - 07:36 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 18 March 2023 - 05:16 PM, said:

Seriously why do you even care? Quit "reaching out to me". It doesn't work out well. So insistent on trying to fix people you view as broken or defective or weak.

Don't really care all that much, just saying if you don't like the game or the community there's probably something more interesting you could be doing with your time.

View PostDaeron Katz, on 15 March 2023 - 05:43 PM, said:

Which day is best for you for Steiner Coliseum?

Thanks for the switch up, the Coliseum was fun to get to play even with clan mediums.

#39 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 18 March 2023 - 07:41 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 18 March 2023 - 04:39 PM, said:

After last couple matches?

Nope. You're wrong. I'm going to go back to legging people now. No reason not to. This is the game they want to play. You can tell because they keep doing it to you. That and the Flamers.

This isn't about fun. This is just an expedited grind method.

i got 134 lootbags yesterday, barring one game where i accidentally queued up for qp, it was all in eq. and barring a few target of opportunity situations, i did it without intentional legging. you can fondle people's mechfeet all you want, the numbers say there are better places to hit a mech.

oh and i also had fun.

Edited by LordNothing, 18 March 2023 - 07:42 PM.

#40 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 18 March 2023 - 07:45 PM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 18 March 2023 - 04:26 PM, said:

Why are you bringing the enemy closer to you?

gauss rifle

nice 0 temperature Posted Image
You can have a spare gun.

the ultimate weapon in this event is the humble srm. though i made vomit work on a couple mechs, and a uac20 on one of my veagles. if you can keep distance on a solaris map with a gauss, good luck with that. it might last for 2 shots and then you're brawling whether you wanted to or not.

Edited by LordNothing, 18 March 2023 - 07:46 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users