#201 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 24 March 2023 - 11:20 AM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 23 March 2023 - 07:35 AM, said:

Terra Therma Crucible Revamped Reimagined Deux 5 allows mechs to fall in the lava pit without any way of getting out. I'd be ok with it, kinda, if it damaged your legs until you die but it doesn't and a friendly got stuck down there with only a med laser left and couldn't overheat. The main unfair part is the game doesn't have respawns. This is why lava doesn't damage you in the first place despite the logical thinking that it should. Otherwise, I only got to play the map once and got demolished but the design looks better.

Been there , done that. Heat was 80% for a few minutes, stopped moving still 80% and after 1 minute BOOM from overheating, nice touch.

Btw new purple map at B5 - thy mech shall be stucked, no way out

#202 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts

Posted 24 March 2023 - 11:51 AM

View PostPocketYoda, on 21 March 2023 - 05:22 PM, said:

Fafnir with 8 heavy machine guns Posted Image its a very slow Piranha or in other terms a dead mech walking... anything can out range that..

Shut up and take my Money !!!

#203 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 24 March 2023 - 02:07 PM

The static Time of Day on maps were implemented Feb'2021, for everone's reference!
https://mwomercs.com...42370-17feb2021
https://mwomercs.com...auldron-changes

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 23 March 2023 - 05:52 PM, said:

The start time of time of day change was never randomized--I'm assuming that's not possible. Instead they defined a time of day progression and selected different times on different maps, but it was always the same cycle on a particular map. They did speed it up so several hours happens in 15 minutes.
The only weather effect I remember is the blizzard on Frozen City classic which I think is still there? Maybe toned down from closed beta. Maybe there was rain on Bog initially too? I don't recall. Some maps had fog or other smaller effect that have been removed or changed over time. I wouldn't think of fog as a weather effect though.

Edited by w0qj, 24 March 2023 - 02:09 PM.

#204 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 24 March 2023 - 02:53 PM

View Postw0qj, on 24 March 2023 - 02:07 PM, said:

The static Time of Day on maps were implemented Feb'2021, for everone's reference!
https://mwomercs.com...42370-17feb2021
https://mwomercs.com...auldron-changes

yeah I know that but what I didn't remember was different start times for maps before that. Yeah it changed during the match but I didn't remember you could drop on River City night, or River City day. I thought it was always the same time period. Maybe it's because not all maps had different time of days or they were similar enough.

#205 DOMINUS ET DEUS

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 March 2023 - 09:04 AM

I was able to update and jump into 2 matches last night.

Now, I've tried to have sympathy for the developers and hold off criticism that's too sharp, but I can't do it anymore.

This whole thing is garbage and makes me wonder if any of the community was allowed to test run the new map before release. I watched the video with No Guts No Galaxy you released a couple of weeks ago and quickly became depressed to see a dev start an insult contest with one of the game's biggest fans almost at the start. That scene combined with the worst map release yet says to me that there is no listening to the fan base or the larger community.

The 2 matches I managed to get in on the NA server lagged the worst I've seen of any new release yet. The floating vegetation should have been dealt with back when you created Hellebore, but evidence shows you did not.

There's a color problem here much like there has been on Vitric Station. This purple nightmare is terrible, makes it incredibly hard to see anything and is just very hard on the eyes. This color scheme is just too dark to work well at all. I propose that if this remains like it is we rename it Barney's Revenge.

I also became stuck in many places on this thing.

The changes to the Dervish neutered it. It's a missile mech and you took away the missile bonuses (forehead slap).

Regarding the new class of mechs and associated things in development with them. I am at a loss to understand just what you are all trying to create here. It's starting to sound like you're making new content that does not integrate well with the existing content and making a whole new direction in the game without trying to fix the things that have been broken for many years already.

Faction War is something I would dearly love to see come into better use within the MWO world, but it perpetually sits there unattended to while the dev goes off to make something like this new arena or Solaris that the majority of the player base ends up hating.

Only a small percentage of players seem to have ever had exposure to the Faction War but speak well of it when they do and this needs to change. Running off to create an entirely new realm of content when there's already something that people are liking really sounds b'*** 'ackwards to me.

I really like that you guys got rid of Solaris and started the new weekend event que, and you did a good job with the 2 new mechs. Because of those 2 factors I went and gave some money to support the game and get some new content, but after this disaster I am going back on strike.

If you need a new template to look at for ideas I recommend looking at Eve Online. You can add elements of resource harvesting, mech manufacturing and a market place into the game.

I recently saw something that makes it sound like you're running out of ideas for new new content to which I just have to say whiskey tango foxtrot. There's a lot all of you can do to not only create new content that's within the original fan fiction, but also create far greater revenue for development.

I've been an MW fan since the Atari days and I don't want to watch it continue to languish due to hubris.

Please pull this update back, fix it and better involve the player base.

Semper Mechwarrior,
DOMINUS ET DEUS

#206 H4RDCA5E

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 March 2023 - 09:14 PM

View PostDOMINUS ET DEUS, on 25 March 2023 - 09:04 AM, said:

I recently saw something that makes it sound like you're running out of ideas for new new content to which I just have to say whiskey tango foxtrot. There's a lot all of you can do to not only create new content that's within the original fan fiction, but also create far greater revenue for development.

When PGI ever had a good idea, or any idea for that matter? This is a really weak software company focusing only on 'easymoney' titles and quick cashgrabs, they have never ever done nothing from their own selves. Sorry to say, but unless these guys release the ip early (which obviously won't happen), we'll just have to wait for a team of REAL programmers and fans of BT universe to make a new and proper first person shooter out of it.

#207 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 426 posts

Posted 26 March 2023 - 09:45 AM

I'm just laughing at the hmgx8 build on a Fafnir.

We all know it's gonna be (u)ac2x8

#208 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 426 posts

Posted 26 March 2023 - 09:50 AM

I'm gonna need to check if RAC2x6 can fit on that fafnir...

#209 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts

Posted 26 March 2023 - 12:32 PM

View Postsuum74, on 22 March 2023 - 05:04 PM, said:

How is 3000 : 2 = 122? Posted Image Posted Image

(3000)₁₆ = (3 × 16³) + (0 × 16²) + (0 × 16¹) + (0 × 16⁰) = (12288)₁₀

k ? z3 = x3 + y3 = (x + y)(x2 ? xy + y2) = 12288 << / 10² = 122

git gud

Edited by ExoForce, 26 March 2023 - 01:02 PM.

#210 BLACKR0SE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 27 March 2023 - 06:16 AM

When will the new weapon arrive?

#211 suum74

• PipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 76 posts
  • Location»Hoho! Afraskai kuku!«

Posted 27 March 2023 - 11:41 AM

View PostExoForce, on 26 March 2023 - 12:32 PM, said:

(3000)₁₆ = (3 × 16³) + (0 × 16²) + (0 × 16¹) + (0 × 16⁰) = (12288)₁₀

k ? z3 = x3 + y3 = (x + y)(x2 ? xy + y2) = 12288 << / 10² = 122

git gud

Posted Image
https://youtu.be/LaP28N1xtqY?t=235 Posted Image Posted Image

#212 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 27 March 2023 - 03:50 PM

What cadence can we expect these legendary mechs to come out at?

#213 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 28 March 2023 - 04:14 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 27 March 2023 - 03:50 PM, said:

What cadence can we expect these legendary mechs to come out at?

They said in their video monthly -- though there could be gaps depending on other things. Like the supposed totally new mech.

#214 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 05:49 AM

View PostRhaelcan, on 23 March 2023 - 01:26 PM, said:

YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
I didn't know you were in that match.

Sounds like someone got butthurt really bad by my mech ?! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 23 March 2023 - 02:27 PM, said:

Will there be another new machine coming?

not restored from the old ones.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L77ZV0ghn8

xD xD xD

Ahh...

Back in the days when commercials were actually funny to watch! Posted Image

View Postsycocys, on 23 March 2023 - 03:04 PM, said:

Or like the completely unused section of Forest because for some reason they felt a need to put a giant rock wall straight off the beach instead of some hills. Trees and hills (like an actual forest. O.O), if only any matches had a reason to play out in that back section instead of run over to the ocean and rocks.

We need mechs in canoes and kayaks!!! That is THE SOLUTION!!! Posted Image

I still run XL on several IS mediums, and often they out perform the same variant with a LFE.

Maybe, but they also die very quickly! Posted Image

The more humanoid models fair much better with XL, the hitboxes aren't as jank...

#LFE4LIFE!

But - most of the entire map is cover, you just can't play the old stand behind this giant rock/building/wall game on the new map.

I don't expect to, but I also don't expect to reverse in my mechs and get blocked/stuck because of some small part of those giant rocky walls meaning my big bad mech can't walk over something that should be as small as a curb to him! Posted Image

Basically the same crap like the area around "The Citadel" at River City all over again!

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 23 March 2023 - 03:28 PM, said:

You’re right.. it’s understandable because now with such a variety of better mechs to choose from.. the Kintaro has gone to the bottom of everyone’s list of mechs to take out. Does this not make it a bad mech? BUT, even so, going back years when there were fewer mech options.. a kintaro sighting was STILL rare... let alone one that performed above average.. Trebs with jets are vastly superior and I still do consistently well in them.. but they suffer from the same thing: too many better options...

All this "Kintaro is bad!" talk makes me wanna buy the Golden Boy and then stomp everyone around as if I was running the KTO-18 with 5 x SRM6 Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

View PostC337Skymaster, on 24 March 2023 - 04:07 AM, said:

And yeah, I think it was Bog that had rain, once upon a time. It's possible that's even why walking through a particular spot on the ramp coming from the northern spawn area makes it look like you just walked through water: that might have been a particularly dense spot of rain, originally.

I always thought it was just drops falling from something above you and not the original rain it had ?!

BTW : I can remember all these things and I think they all got removed because a lot of MWO players were running seriously old potato builds that couldn't handle all these effects ?!

Sometimes I was reading the forums and felt seriously sorry for those who had to play the game on extremely low end PC's or Laptops even! Posted Image

Maybe in a year or 2 or 3 it would be a good moment to try to bring back these effects ??

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 24 March 2023 - 08:45 AM, said:

VIP mode accomplished just that! While many disparaged that game mode.. i praised it because it brought new life to maps. Unused portions of the map were now being used AND it emphasized the importance of teamwork...

But it didn't sadly... Posted Image

This game makes you really cherish those rare moments when you are in a team that works together like clockwork because of the many crappy teams you get dropped in all the time since a year or two! Posted Image

Now we have skirmish, skirm-quest, skirm-sault and skirm-dom modes.

LOL! n1 Posted Image

Also would like them to bring back the glitched tourmaline map (where assets like the giant ring were missing).. that map was actually really fun for some reason.. I think because there was no real defined center... could that be the key to making a good map and putting a stop to nascar?

YES!!! It was AWESOME!!!

Just a nice big SMOOTH map without those annoying glitchy stucky tourmaline things! PERFECT!!!

PLEASE BRING IT BACK A.S.A.P. !!!

View PostDOMINUS ET DEUS, on 25 March 2023 - 09:04 AM, said:

The 2 matches I managed to get in on the NA server lagged the worst I've seen of any new release yet.

I have had really long loading times now at least 2 times that I have never experienced before in MWO and I think both were indeed on the North American Server !!

The floating vegetation should have been dealt with back when you created Hellebore, but evidence shows you did not.

That one really puzzels me! How can they miss such a thing ?!

There's a color problem here much like there has been on Vitric Station.

That was a bug and not the actual map itself, but yeah it's funny they went this way! Posted Image

This purple nightmare is terrible, makes it incredibly hard to see anything and is just very hard on the eyes. This color scheme is just too dark to work well at all. I propose that if this remains like it is we rename it Barney's Revenge.

LOL! n1 Posted Image

"I shoot you, You shoot me, We are a happy Mech Family..." Posted ImagePosted Image

I also became stuck in many places on this thing.

Or blocked by small objects!

If you need a new template to look at for ideas I recommend looking at Eve Online. You can add elements of resource harvesting, mech manufacturing and a market place into the game.

That sounds something like it doesn't belong in MWO to be honest Posted Image

View PostH4RDCA5E, on 25 March 2023 - 09:14 PM, said:

When PGI ever had a good idea, or any idea for that matter?
This is a really weak software company focusing only on 'easymoney' titles and quick cashgrabs, they have never ever done nothing from their own selves. Sorry to say, but unless these guys release the ip early (which obviously won't happen), we'll just have to wait for a team of REAL programmers and fans of BT universe to make a new and proper first person shooter out of it.

To be honest MW5 is indeed a very weak game compared to MWO when I look at the ingame HUD for example : Like it was made by a 5 year old kid compared to the "adult version" in MWO Posted Image Posted Image

#215 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 March 2023 - 10:35 AM

I really like the changes to Terra Therma Crucible finally. It keeps enough of the classic essence but reworks the middle. This is what we should have gotten 5 years ago when they dumped it for a totally different map. The current iteration is similar to what I have envisioned in my head.

#216 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 30 March 2023 - 09:53 AM

View PostKhalcruth, on 21 March 2023 - 08:52 PM, said:

Whose idea was it to make the new game icon silver, when it normally appears on a light blue taskbar background?

I mean, at least outline the skull in black or something.

I found a very old "Orange MWO Icon" by accident on my PC and made a backup of it immediately so I can use it in the future instead of the current icon which is indeed almost seethrough compared to the old ones! Posted Image

So if anyone needs it : Let me know where to upload it and I will do that a.s.a.p. Posted Image

#217 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 30 March 2023 - 11:16 AM

View PostRoodkapje, on 30 March 2023 - 09:53 AM, said:

I found a very old "Orange MWO Icon" by accident on my PC and made a backup of it immediately so I can use it in the future instead of the current icon which is indeed almost seethrough compared to the old ones! Posted Image

So if anyone needs it : Let me know where to upload it and I will do that a.s.a.p. Posted Image

That is very cool of you.. i'll send you a message with an email address to send it to.

#218 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 30 March 2023 - 01:41 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 30 March 2023 - 10:37 AM, said:

It's a LOT less of a bear to play in and learn than the last two iterations, which is welcome. The first version was kind of interesting with the two layers at center, but it was a bit too big I think. The second version was absolutely miserable in Domination mode (Colosseum Dom is now kind of like that, which makes it a fair amount like Frozen City Dom - really not particularly fun to be the guy in the circle).

Yeah I liked the two tier idea too but it was too big or it was too empty in the middle. The idea could be reworked into a different map. Make it 20% smaller, add ramps within the central part, don't make it as tall between floors, add more cover than one big rock on top (though the "Stonehenge" circle of cover might work better with a smaller diameter of a circle). Maybe an alternate version of Rubellite Oasis. Those assets seem appropriate.

#219 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 31 March 2023 - 10:21 AM

Allow us to trade in a mech's XP points for extra tree nodes for that mech..

#220 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 31 March 2023 - 03:42 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 31 March 2023 - 02:30 PM, said:

Explain? Like going past 91?

Yep.. once you obtain the 91 skill points on your mech, there should be perhaps 5 extra nodes that the player can work towards.. the first 'extra' node being the easiest, and the subsequent nodes becoming progressively more difficult to attain.. like a mini reward tree. It's a way to give players another reason to play (grind) other than for events. Successful video games give players multiple reasons, that are active at all times, to play their game.

It used to be faction warfare with its' reward trees were enough of an incentive to play. But not enough of us use that mode, making the search times unfeasible..and when you do find a match, it's usually against a large premade.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 01 April 2023 - 09:31 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users