So Legendaries Are Mech Packs But You Pay To Grind?

BattleMechs Store General

31 replies to this topic

#21 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 March 2023 - 07:40 AM

View PostTENTACLE BOSS, on 23 March 2023 - 10:03 AM, said:

If you compare the rewards from pre-order and the entry events to this offering, I feel like the only thing that's higher which you've listed is the amount of MC. Which while a consideration, still makes me wonder why warhorns and whatnot benefit from being gated.

Then maybe it will work out if that's a trend. My view is its just a bit of a slap in the face compared to old offerings if we're talking about the same costs for more/less the same rewards, but now there is a layer of grind called "legends". It just seems like a bit of deceptive marketing if there isn't more on the table in return for now grinding things that used to be instant unlocks.

Tbh it was probably a waste of time to respond to any part of your oversensitive take.

We get way better rewards in this new battle pass.

#22 Rondoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 247 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 March 2023 - 11:27 AM

View PostTENTACLE BOSS, on 22 March 2023 - 11:36 PM, said:

If it replaced the event wouldn't there be more rewards?

Riddle me this Batman. They have great rewards. But yes you have to actually play the damn game.

View Postw0qj, on 26 March 2023 - 12:56 AM, said:

I bought both Juggernaut + Moon Walker legendary mech packs from www.mwomercs.com

~Pleased to advise everyone that the corresponding Battlepass redemption webpages are now working, without Technical Support intervention! (I've never contacted MWO Support for this).

https://mwomercs.com...ends/juggernaut
https://mwomercs.com...ends/moonwalker

==>Anyone from Steam Legendary Mech Packs able to confirm that this is working for them also?

=================================
Battlepass bonuses:
3,000 MC ==> worth US$15 by itself!
100 GSP ==> worth US$5
14 Days active Premium Time
6M Cbills
100 Cool Shots ==> Worth 2M Cbills!
3x +5% CBills bonus hanging cockpit item
3x cosmetic standing cockpit item
3x unique warhorns
Bolt-on
Decals
Color

#23 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 26 March 2023 - 01:50 PM

View Postsycocys, on 23 March 2023 - 04:45 AM, said:

Well you don't have to grind all day, the battle pass will last until the game shut downs. Play a match with them here and there if they are mechs you enjoy playing when you do play.

more correctly, the battlepass will last until you complete the battlepass. which i had completed over the course of a couple days.

#24 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,412 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 26 March 2023 - 02:26 PM

Wow, flattered that others are quoting me from elsewhere's posting!
Here's the original posting for everyone's reference:

===================================================
Pleased to advise everyone that the corresponding Battlepass redemption webpages are now working, without Technical Support intervention! (I've never contacted MWO Support for this).

https://mwomercs.com...ends/juggernaut
https://mwomercs.com...ends/moonwalker

==>Anyone from Steam Legendary Mech Packs able to confirm that this is working for them also?

Battlepass bonuses:
3,000 MC ==> worth US$15 by itself!
100 GSP ==> worth US$5
14 Days active Premium Time
6M Cbills
100 Cool Shots ==> Worth 2M Cbills!
3x +5% CBills bonus hanging cockpit item
3x cosmetic standing cockpit item
3x unique warhorns
Bolt-on
Decals
Color

#25 evil kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 143 posts

Posted 26 March 2023 - 02:58 PM

View PostTENTACLE BOSS, on 22 March 2023 - 08:53 PM, said:

It seems now that you pay the same amount for one mech as a lot of the standalone packs. But where this used to net you cockpit rewards and whatnot as soon as the content dropped, you now have to grind to unlock it.

The mechs themselves also appear to be fairly basic reskins and I'm not sure what they offer to someone with most of the base mechs.

Kind of seems like we'd just be paying for the inconvenience of having to grind for things with a single mech we used to unlock upfront. I don't really see the benefit of this to a paying player over the old system.

theyre hero mechs, and they have the same price as other hero mechs, and the stuff they come with is similar to the preorder rewards we used to have, except now theres no fomo with the extra rewards, and theres more of them. seems like a net positive for them to be in the game. theyre a great value, especially for newer players.

#26 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 26 March 2023 - 07:35 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 26 March 2023 - 01:50 PM, said:

more correctly, the battlepass will last until you complete the battlepass. which i had completed over the course of a couple days.

Well I would guess that most of the people complaining are the ones that it would take a couple months of a pile of drops a night to finish - so until the servers shut down is probably a more accurate timeline for them.

Personally not interested in assaults, but I grabbed the Deathwish during the last event. Maybe 20 QP matches and 50 epic fails in the solaris event trying to build it - over 100k xp.
Like you say, shouldn't take long - especially with mechs that can output big chunks of damage but if you were interested in primarily the rewards and mitigating the grind the best way would be to buy it and just sit on it until you can use it in an event.

#27 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 26 March 2023 - 08:40 PM

View Postsycocys, on 26 March 2023 - 07:35 PM, said:

Well I would guess that most of the people complaining are the ones that it would take a couple months of a pile of drops a night to finish - so until the servers shut down is probably a more accurate timeline for them.

Personally not interested in assaults, but I grabbed the Deathwish during the last event. Maybe 20 QP matches and 50 epic fails in the solaris event trying to build it - over 100k xp.
Like you say, shouldn't take long - especially with mechs that can output big chunks of damage but if you were interested in primarily the rewards and mitigating the grind the best way would be to buy it and just sit on it until you can use it in an event.

and certainly the 3x xp bonuses in eq would help that along. unfortunately i was half done before the event even started, and finished it up in short order.

id like to see some new lights though. havent leveled one in what seems like forever.

Edited by LordNothing, 26 March 2023 - 08:41 PM.

#28 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 04:13 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 26 March 2023 - 08:40 PM, said:

and certainly the 3x xp bonuses in eq would help that along. unfortunately i was half done before the event even started, and finished it up in short order.

id like to see some new lights though. havent leveled one in what seems like forever.

The thing that puts me off the "battle pass" is that everything is tied to xp. There has to be about a dozen or so different tracked stats that would make that massively more interesting, possibly even out to the point of requiring different weapons/equipment - do x damage with this or that weapon, counter x ecm/missiles.

There's a whole pile of things that would be a lot more entertaining to do/chase the goals on than just "play for xp". But if its cauldron inspired that approach makes sense, that type of player generally plays by far the most boring matches the game has to offer.

#29 bilagaana

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 01:20 PM

View Postw0qj, on 26 March 2023 - 02:26 PM, said:

Battlepass bonuses:

Just curious where these details are stated, as I have not found any information as to what a Battlepass, much less a mini-Battlepass, and the included premiums might be on either the Store or Forum pages.

#30 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,412 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 27 March 2023 - 02:15 PM

Clicky ;)
https://store.steamp...ndary_Mech_Pack
https://store.steamp...ndary_Mech_Pack

View Postbilagaana, on 27 March 2023 - 01:20 PM, said:

Just curious where these details are stated, as I have not found any information as to what a Battlepass, much less a mini-Battlepass, and the included premiums might be on either the Store or Forum pages.

#31 bilagaana

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 04:12 PM

View Postw0qj, on 27 March 2023 - 02:15 PM, said:

Thanks.

You got to admit it's a bit bizarre, if in character, that PGI would neglect to include such details on their own Store page.

Edited by bilagaana, 27 March 2023 - 06:21 PM.

#32 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 27 March 2023 - 08:31 PM

OP I watch a ton of MWO streamers and your not the only one that has raised questions

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users