• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 24 March 2023 - 10:31 AM

I do not know you. but when I first started this game, this game was a simulation.
And I like simulations.

they don't like people who simulate from other games. well i don't just have to play this game.
I am speaking my opinion as an individual.
There are over 1000 games in my archive. I play what I like. whatever my mood wants.

Why are people attacking?

If you have an opinion, I have it, other people have thoughts.
You don't have to like it, but why attack?

I ask when there is something I don't know.
I take advantage of experienced people.

but when i suggest something it is my opinion.
like or dislike.

You don't have to insult. you don't need to be upset.

I respect everyone here.

but some people are really weird.

Ultimately, the decision made here will appeal to the majority.

It doesn't happen because someone wants something.

what do you get by hurting someone by hurting people using rude language. I don't know that.

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 24 March 2023 - 10:39 AM.

#2 Fu Sun

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 44 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMadison, Wis.

Posted 28 March 2023 - 03:38 PM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 24 March 2023 - 10:31 AM, said:

It doesn't happen because someone wants something.

what do you get by hurting someone by hurting people using rude language. I don't know that.

well what i don't get is people who don't realize sometimes KIDS play this game, so they don't need to hear sexual innuendo or flat out profanity about someone's mother or whathave you.

HAVE FUN, keep it clean.

#3 Rondoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 246 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 March 2023 - 05:51 PM

View PostFu Sun, on 28 March 2023 - 03:38 PM, said:

well what i don't get is people who don't realize sometimes KIDS play this game, so they don't need to hear sexual innuendo or flat out profanity about someone's mother or whathave you.

HAVE FUN, keep it clean.

Oh noes! someone's kid is going to hear Wirty dords on the internet. Shelter them quickly!!!
Prosecute the offender to the fullest extent. The internet and everything on it must be rated G.

This is a pvp fps game. People curse, get over it. They hear much worse at school.

My kids are grown and both of their parents are sailors. We curse a lot. They have heard it all and even a few curse words in foreign languages.

#4 Fu Sun

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 44 posts
  • LocationMadison, Wis.

Posted 28 March 2023 - 06:08 PM

View PostRondoe, on 28 March 2023 - 05:51 PM, said:

Oh noes! someone's kid is going to hear Wirty dords on the internet. Shelter them quickly!!!
Prosecute the offender to the fullest extent. The internet and everything on it must be rated G.

This is a pvp fps game. People curse, get over it. They hear much worse at school.

My kids are grown and both of their parents are sailors. We curse a lot. They have heard it all and even a few curse words in foreign languages.

Okay, I was in the Navy, and I almost NEVER heard anyone curse. Go figure.

#5 Rondoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 246 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 March 2023 - 07:08 PM

View PostFu Sun, on 28 March 2023 - 06:08 PM, said:

Okay, I was in the Navy, and I almost NEVER heard anyone curse. Go figure.

Really? were you on shore duty the whole time? You must not have been an Engineering type then.
PURE ********!

#6 Fu Sun

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 44 posts
  • LocationMadison, Wis.

Posted 28 March 2023 - 07:21 PM

Our engineering department smoked pot while on duty. They tested everyone repeatedly and no one ever figured out who was doing it. USS Whidbey Island (LSD-41).

Edited by Fu Sun, 28 March 2023 - 07:21 PM.

#7 Rondoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 246 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 March 2023 - 11:58 PM

View PostFu Sun, on 28 March 2023 - 07:21 PM, said:

Our engineering department smoked pot while on duty. They tested everyone repeatedly and no one ever figured out who was doing it. USS Whidbey Island (LSD-41).

okay so you are two years older than me. So we must have served around the same times in our lives. I'm still calling ********. A command sweep meant EVERYONE-officers, chiefs and below, they WATCH you pee in the cup. Can't add any cleaners to your whiz or swap it with someone else. Regular health and comfort inspections-if you got caught with a bio cleaner that you drink you got kicked out on principal.

Interior Communications Electrician
Petty Officer 1st Class
(Surface Warfare)
United States Navy

DD973 USS John Young
CG57 USS Lake Champlain
32nd street Naval Base San Diego
1999-2009

#8 Rondoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 246 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 29 March 2023 - 01:49 AM

View Postthe check engine light, on 29 March 2023 - 01:25 AM, said:

This is not a military installation. You might not have noticed that.

And all you politically correct snowflakes that can't see the reality of the world and how it actually works, with your blinders on and want to cancel everything you don't like and act like it doesn't exist. Get real.

Wish people would get real and realize that the internet and games are not your little safe space. People suck and will let you know that. Oh someone got their delicate little feelings hurt. Nut up and deal with it.

You might not have noticed that this is a futuristic warfare game. Barracks talk happens. This isn't hello kitty land. In the fantasy that is this game that a mech pilot is won't occasionaly drop an F bomb or say something that someone else might not like.....again get real. seriously.

If you can't handle being on the internet and all that comes with it, well life is gonna be tough.

What are they gonna do if their kid loves this game and wants to read the novels, lore, etc...hey that can get pretty graphic, but oh hey someone was mean in the books. Explain that without immediately shoving them in isolated room, taking their books and screen privelages away and tell them everything is gonna be ok.

While they also play a game that endorses killing and doing damage to things is good and that glory is obtained through warfare.

If ya let your kid play, deal with all that comes with it.

Stop trying to police everyone else and what they do because it doesn't conform to your universe.

The topic was thoughts. I gave mine. Deal with it.

Edited by Rondoe, 29 March 2023 - 02:07 AM.

#9 Fu Sun

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 44 posts
  • LocationMadison, Wis.

Posted 29 March 2023 - 05:04 AM

View Postthe check engine light, on 29 March 2023 - 01:25 AM, said:

This is not a military installation. You might not have noticed that.

In case you didn't get the memo, this game simulates battle. If people want to talk about the real military, they're allowed.

You sound like you don't like the actual military, which is sort of ironic, since you play this.

#10 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 29 March 2023 - 07:00 AM

Gentlemen's, vent your anger with your talent. but do not forget that there is a person like you in the comments on the forum. There is no machine in front of you, there is a human in front of you.

#11 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 29 March 2023 - 01:19 PM

i never really considered this game a sim. its got mechanics derived from a dice roll board game rather than the laws of physics. you could see in the rule set of tt that they actually tried to make it as much a simulation as possible, abstracted down for the dice roll format. but rather than going with the original design intent, they decided to interpret the abstraction as literal. mw2 had more sim features. control systems that made sense. you get legged your *** is on the ground. you lose your sensors well then get used to the mk1 eyeball.

mw3, what little of it i played, had some cool features which none of the others borrowed from. mech commander had a completely different build system. mw4 also did away with crit space in favor of hardpoints. mechwarrior games got progressively more arcadey after that, until mwll came along. i dont think it did much for physics, but it did do a lot of things no other commercial game even attempted. combined arms, manuverable jump jets, excelent game modes that actually felt like battle. mwo stole a page or five from twitch shooters and mw5 didnt know what it was doing.

so all in all i still think the most simmish mechwarrior was mw2, only held back by the technology of the day. even though the words mech and sim do not belong in the same sentence.

#12 VulkanNo1

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 33 posts
  • LocationGod's Country

Posted 09 April 2023 - 07:51 AM

Here's my Two Cents,

In the Real world people are nasty, people are evil.

We could sanitize the Chat, the forum. but would it do any good. |

I'm sure you have all heard the phrase, Love can kill.

Well to break it down that phrase is absolutely right.

If you protect yourself against every nasty word or remark, then you never learn to deal with it. you never learn that sometimes people are right. and they make it blunt. and it is because they are right that it hurts. however. more directly, children who don't learn to deal with nasty word and remarks don't learn to deal with criticism. this then makes them weak. And, using a saying again, Weakness is a provocation.

I have not had a easy life, as is evident by my sparse hair and wrinkled face. I'm 26 now. and there is nothing anyone can say to hurt me. Because I've heard it all. all the banter, all the slander all the hatred and evil.

I'm not going to tell you to go away. I'm going to tell you you need to be able to deal with this. It's not healthy for you not to be able to.

That's my two cents.

And as a little story. In Ancient Welsh Celtic myth, there was a woman who told her adulterous husband that and Quote. "You boy will never be a man, for I will not give him his first sword"

which insinuates that before a boy can be a man, he must be dangerous. And it is his mother who much give him his first sword.

And by god I wish this tradition still existed.

Kind Regards

VulkanNo1

#13 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 09 April 2023 - 04:20 PM

View PostVulkanNo1, on 09 April 2023 - 07:51 AM, said:

Here's my Two Cents,

In the Real world people are nasty, people are evil.

We could sanitize the Chat, the forum. but would it do any good. |

I'm sure you have all heard the phrase, Love can kill.

Well to break it down that phrase is absolutely right.

If you protect yourself against every nasty word or remark, then you never learn to deal with it. you never learn that sometimes people are right. and they make it blunt. and it is because they are right that it hurts. however. more directly, children who don't learn to deal with nasty word and remarks don't learn to deal with criticism. this then makes them weak. And, using a saying again, Weakness is a provocation.

I have not had a easy life, as is evident by my sparse hair and wrinkled face. I'm 26 now. and there is nothing anyone can say to hurt me. Because I've heard it all. all the banter, all the slander all the hatred and evil.

I'm not going to tell you to go away. I'm going to tell you you need to be able to deal with this. It's not healthy for you not to be able to.

That's my two cents.

And as a little story. In Ancient Welsh Celtic myth, there was a woman who told her adulterous husband that and Quote. "You boy will never be a man, for I will not give him his first sword"

which insinuates that before a boy can be a man, he must be dangerous. And it is his mother who much give him his first sword.

And by god I wish this tradition still existed.

Kind Regards

VulkanNo1

beautiful stories.

You talk about insensitive. Then what is your difference from a dried leaf?
Responsiveness is the foundation of being human.
By throwing everything into it, you are no different from the joker.
You will explode one day.
let me tell you something. you are fooling yourself.

Not everyone is silent.
Even if you kill some people, you can't silence them.
always stands up for her rights.

#14 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 426 posts

Posted 21 June 2023 - 04:22 PM

If you don't like the decisions that are being made, it is a free to play game, nobody is forcing you to pay them money.

You can turn off VOIP and chat, if you don't want to see or hear this stuff.

Edited by kalashnikity, 22 June 2023 - 11:31 AM.

#15 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 22 June 2023 - 07:45 AM

There are over 1000 games in my archive. I play what I like. whatever my mood wants.

One may would be awed by terror what games are in my archives! And I still play with them time-to-time 'cause those are all shiny classics!

X-com 1-2-3 (the '90s, original ones), Dune 2, Command&Conquer, Heroes 1-2-3-4, Dune 2000, Battle Isle 2, Fantasy General, Star controll 2-3, Master of Orion 1-2, Imperium Galactica 1-2, Starcraft, Warcraft and some more jewells...

Yeah, I am that old that grown up playing these :)

#16 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 22 June 2023 - 10:34 AM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 22 June 2023 - 07:45 AM, said:

One may would be awed by terror what games are in my archives! And I still play with them time-to-time 'cause those are all shiny classics!

X-com 1-2-3 (the '90s, original ones), Dune 2, Command&Conquer, Heroes 1-2-3-4, Dune 2000, Battle Isle 2, Fantasy General, Star controll 2-3, Master of Orion 1-2, Imperium Galactica 1-2, Starcraft, Warcraft and some more jewells...

Yeah, I am that old that grown up playing these Posted Image

StarCraft Posted Image yesss

#17 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 22 June 2023 - 11:45 AM

Then what is your difference from a dried leaf?

Carefully...

I am also little to no different from the ground I walk upon!
Peoples change and not always into the good direction.
I were rather neutral (sometimes even benevolent when there were someone on my side to keep me on level) but since continous trouble with cancer I almost evil now. I am more grim in RL than ever. I learned to see not just those things I want but those to I not wish. I learned that life itself is but a cranky path between birth and death. We may dance upon it or struggle against it. But sooner or later we would realise we just cannot win against it. Decisions, choices, you know the "common pack". I have noone to keep me on level. Noone to direct me silently. And left on my own devices I slowly revert to "something". I running blind since a while and even from it I learned things. But knowledge is dangerous. I learned more wrong things than ever. I still cling sometimes to the "light" but it is not matter any more or longer if I survive or defeated by cancer, I lost. There are points what crossed there is no return.
Some may have no choice, some made wrong choices, some forced to follow certain paths. This topic is sensitive, be carefull with it!
The two cases may not seems similar at first but they do are! Outer effects and decisions. Some of us are no more than dried leaves or solid rock. Until you are so lucky that you are -all and any of you!- unlike us, be grateful! Be happy and content but remain carefull with such questions! Because it could easily happen with you once...

Apart from that sorry about my depressed thoughts again... I may keep such things in "my eyot" instead of bother others...
Just ignore me or such stuffs. Would help you a whole lot and maybe even for me. Dunno, not wish to dive into it now, just sorry, okay? I am sorry I did it again...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users