The T4 Balance? Lights

11 replies to this topic

#1 Captain John Conway

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 April 2023 - 08:54 PM

So I am going to make this very short,(light mech) I have been having problems with ranking up even though I am wining matches. I can score over 200 damage, lead the entire match over the in-game microphone kill the last enemy alive and still get vvvvvvvv rank..... I am about to quit the game entirely over this! Even though it's one of my favorite games for the fact it's mech warrior.. this has been an ongoing thing too for a long time. I cant rank up at all?? I can't play anymore unless I am playing some carry. If I play a light I might as well kiss my ******* rank goodbye unless you buy some meta=bot. And honestly it's about the light mechs. They need more points gain for sure... with no bonus or skills involved they need love.

#2 BLACKR0SE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 17 April 2023 - 01:29 AM

200 damage is not enough, it doesn't matter if you kill. It's important that you do a lot of damage. focus on damage.

500 600 +

I did 14xx damage in a match where I did good damage.

Find a different tactic in each level.

If you think you can't, youtube is a good resource. watch the players.

#3 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 17 April 2023 - 02:03 AM

watch players broadcast daily.
Do a daily search on youtube.

The weak point of the t4 is that everyone uses small guns. and less long range weapons.

my observations :)

#4 Half Ear

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 147 posts

Posted 18 April 2023 - 06:42 PM

Ignore the up/down arrow. It really is not a contest of who can get to Tier 1. Think of it in battletech terminology, Green, Militia, Regulars, Veterans and Elites. And the Tier/PSR system is used primarily for the actual matchmaker.

As for damage, damage converts itself into Matchscore by 45%ish. Meaning that 200 damage is converted to 90 MS pts, minus team damage. For a light, the damage actually starts racking up once the Red's armor has been removed, ie critical hits/damage, damaging components and ammo explosions.

Kills, Assists, etc are limited, ie there are only 12 reds :) then there is running near your team mates, protecting others, etc.

As for the Up/Down arrows, winning increases the PSR number that is generated by a small percentage. What to remember though is you are rated against the other 23 players, once that final PSR number has been calculated. I have been in matches where the Reds primarily played the objectives, and there was one game where, at the end, only 2 on the winning team would have received an UP arrow and 1 would have received an Equal sign, while the losing team had 6 which would have received the UP arrow and 2 the equal sign.

And there have been a few threads where the posters posted the screenshot of the end game, and he was upset he didnt move up on a lose with having a 336 MS. He had a DOWN arrow. Once the calculation was done, he only went down ONE PSR point. If one of his team mates had a MS lowered by 50pts, he would have have broken even.

https://docs.google....#gid=1739121335

#5 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 22 April 2023 - 06:47 AM

some people don't understand this. 1 hit on 12 machines is much better than 1 machine kill.

#6 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 08 May 2023 - 10:49 PM

This thread was moved to General Discussion. Please use the Off-topic section for discussions not related to Mechwarrior Online or Battletech in general.

#7 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 08 May 2023 - 11:33 PM

Cannot find any games played with your account in Jarl's or this sites leaderboards? Alt account post / name change or just BS thread?

Edited by Curccu, 08 May 2023 - 11:34 PM.

#8 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 09 May 2023 - 05:56 AM

View PostCurccu, on 08 May 2023 - 11:33 PM, said:

Cannot find any games played with your account in Jarl's or this sites leaderboards? Alt account post / name change or just BS thread?

With the OP's frequency of posting you can expect his answer in 2030. Posted Image

#9 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 May 2023 - 06:31 AM

If you want to level up your PSR find an overpowered build and mech, use consumables and work with your lance.. Up arrows should start popping up.. Obviously good accuracy helps.

#10 feeWAIVER

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 09 May 2023 - 06:31 AM

Get more damage.
Carry 2 arty strikes with you, they can help pad some more damage up.
Averaging 350dmg, you should still go up in rank.

#11 SafeScanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 09 May 2023 - 10:36 AM

better yet don't worrie about the ranks just have fun it will come eventually i think people do better that way so turn 200 to 300 to 400 ect you are gonna have some bad matches win or loose someones gonna suck up all that damage and leave you with scraps yes i am looking at you heavy / assualts!

#12 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 12 May 2023 - 04:17 AM

DATA's alt? Can't figure out how to do damage with something that has less than 6 erLL?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users