SCATTERSHOT ON STEAM->

*REDEEM YOUR MINI BATTLE PASS ITEMS ON THE WEBSTORE PAGE

#2 Ralph Edwards

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 172 posts

Posted 18 April 2023 - 11:25 AM

Just out of curiosity, why does the steam sale start tomorrow? Not complaining just confused.

#3 Gilgamesh Hoi

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 April 2023 - 12:06 PM

What are the quirks for both mechs? can't seem to find them other than the mention of the no-shake for the Shadowhawk.

#4 Mokkor

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 April 2023 - 12:17 PM

Sad I can't buy mechs from steam right away, was hoping to play them today :(

#5 AmbidXtrousGNOME

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 April 2023 - 12:17 PM

View PostGilgamesh Hoi, on 18 April 2023 - 12:06 PM, said:

What are the quirks for both mechs? can't seem to find them other than the mention of the no-shake for the Shadowhawk.

The screen caps on the Patch Notes page will show the quirks. The Mad has increased consumable slots and the SH has increased lbx/missile spread, increased lbx/missile vel and low lbx/missile cooldowns.

PGI, is there any talks about letting a player sample the legendries before buying? Not necessarily in a match, but at least in the training grounds like you can do with the mechs in the store?

Edited by AmbidXtrousGNOME, 18 April 2023 - 12:19 PM.

#6 Mokkor

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 April 2023 - 12:18 PM

Also, why would you say "Available in Steam" in the title if it's not available?

#7 Gilgamesh Hoi

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 April 2023 - 12:35 PM

View PostAmbidXtrousGNOME, on 18 April 2023 - 12:17 PM, said:

The screen caps on the Patch Notes page will show the quirks. The Mad has increased consumable slots and the SH has increased lbx/missile spread, increased lbx/missile vel and low lbx/missile cooldowns.

PGI, is there any talks about letting a player sample the legendries before buying? Not necessarily in a match, but at least in the training grounds like you can do with the mechs in the store?

Thanks man, the pics looked soooo small in the post I didn't even try, after reading your post I saved them and looked. Really interesting quirks, 4 strikes is pretty cool! I did notice there jump/shake quirk mentioned in the post wasn't listed so I'm curious to what goes live.

Thanks again for posting

#8 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 18 April 2023 - 12:40 PM

The Packs were scheduled to go live today. However this morning I noticed that the time is set for 11 PM instead of AM.
Normally this would not matter as Steam pages allowed us to push the content live as long as it had the page content approved. Well it seems this has changed and I had to send a request to Steam to release "Early". I submitted a Steam Support ticket so I am sure as soon as someone takes a look at the support ticket they will be set to available.

View PostGilgamesh Hoi, on 18 April 2023 - 12:35 PM, said:

Thanks man, the pics looked soooo small in the post I didn't even try, after reading your post I saved them and looked. Really interesting quirks, 4 strikes is pretty cool! I did notice there jump/shake quirk mentioned in the post wasn't listed so I'm curious to what goes live.

Thanks again for posting

The Cockpit shake is not in the mech Quirk File so it will never display as a quirk.
But yes the Quirk is there.

#9 Mokkor

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 April 2023 - 12:46 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 18 April 2023 - 12:40 PM, said:

The Packs were scheduled to go live today. However this morning I noticed that the time is set for 11 PM instead of AM.
Normally this would not matter as Steam pages allowed us to push the content live as long as it had the page content approved. Well it seems this has changed and I had to send a request to Steam to release "Early". I submitted a Steam Support ticket so I am sure as soon as someone takes a look at the support ticket they will be set to available.

The Cockpit shake is not in the mech Quirk File so it will never display as a quirk.

Thanks for explaining the situation.
Although, would've been better to write smth like "Steam pages are unavailable because of technical error, we're working on fixing it" or smth similar so people don't get angry.
Because right now it looks like false advertisement with title saying the mech are available, when they're in fact not available.
It's just adds unnecessary confusion, that could be avoided with more detailed description.

Edited by Mokkor, 18 April 2023 - 12:47 PM.

#10 Gilgamesh Hoi

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 April 2023 - 12:58 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 18 April 2023 - 12:40 PM, said:

Hey thanks!! is there anything like that, which doesn't show on quirks in the Marauder?

Edited by Gilgamesh Hoi, 18 April 2023 - 12:59 PM.

#11 Max J Wolf

• PipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 31 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 April 2023 - 01:15 PM

View PostGilgamesh Hoi, on 18 April 2023 - 12:58 PM, said:

Hey thanks!! is there anything like that, which doesn't show on quirks in the Marauder?

If you go to the Patch post where they introduced the mechs, you can right click the Mech lab pic and select open in a new window, then click the above tab to open an enlarged image that will let you look at the quirks.

good luck!))

#12 Rondoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 246 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 18 April 2023 - 01:31 PM

Or you could just avoid all the headaches with Steam and not use it. Just my opinion!

Already got my Maurader IIC Dreadnought, haha!

#13 JUNKRAT377

Rookie

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 April 2023 - 02:24 PM

Overall I think the new Legendary mechs look pretty cool. however, I was really hoping for more variety/creativity in the cockpit items. The Booster Packs got unique standing/hanging/mounted items. Since the Hatchetman, all the mechs get the same generic objects. I get that new appearance/animations take programming time, etc. I just feel like a great opportunity to inject some additional personality into these Legendary mechs has been missed.

#14 Mokkor

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 April 2023 - 02:32 PM

View PostRondoe, on 18 April 2023 - 01:31 PM, said:

Or you could just avoid all the headaches with Steam and not use it. Just my opinion!

Nah, Steam is good. It allows more people to be able to buy mechs. Especially important for people from countries with bad economy.

#15 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 18 April 2023 - 03:35 PM

Available on STEAM NOW!

#16 The Chancelor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 160 posts

Posted 18 April 2023 - 09:51 PM

Watched moadebe play the new shadow hawk. Rotary lbx lol

#17 Razgriz_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 243 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 18 April 2023 - 10:02 PM

The MAD looks sick and has a dope name but that quirk is really meh...

#18 Eurystheus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 131 posts

Posted 18 April 2023 - 10:28 PM

I'm playing the Scattershot and trying to understand the Quirks. The Quirks shows the LBX spread at +35%. That means more spread, right?

If I add the LBX spread skills, I get a 10% reduction in spread. So Quirk + Skills = +25% increase in LBX spread.

I thought that LBX became more effective with a reduced spread. What is the rationale for increasing the spread in the Quirks by 35%?

Same question for the MRM Spread in Quirks and Skills.

#19 The Chancelor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 160 posts

Posted 18 April 2023 - 11:42 PM

View PostEurystheus, on 18 April 2023 - 10:28 PM, said:

I'm playing the Scattershot and trying to understand the Quirks. The Quirks shows the LBX spread at +35%. That means more spread, right?

If I add the LBX spread skills, I get a 10% reduction in spread. So Quirk + Skills = +25% increase in LBX spread.

I thought that LBX became more effective with a reduced spread. What is the rationale for increasing the spread in the Quirks by 35%?

Same question for the MRM Spread in Quirks and Skills.

It is a nerf. Nothing more or less. Otherwise this mech would kill the entire enemy team out of 1k+ range. It would just be too powerfull and cross the thin line of pay2win.

#20 Krizalius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,632 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPolar Terma City

Posted 19 April 2023 - 12:12 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 18 April 2023 - 11:22 AM, said:

We need more slots for Consumables
Skills give +2 coolshot's and +2 UAV's

Posted Image

Edited by Krizalius, 19 April 2023 - 12:13 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users