#21 Meep Meep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,897 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 24 June 2023 - 03:27 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 24 June 2023 - 02:09 PM, said:

lct1e already does. Ecm/stealth is the only thing that give pb the leg up. Lct-1e usually wins in 1 vs 1 against the pb. I constantly switch between builds and mix up the lasers on 1e. My two most common are the 6x er-smls or spls. Any one sees that mech/build should be very warry of it. I got ace of spades with that mech/build.

I signed when I saw they made the lct-3s a special variant. It is one of the most meh lct out of the seven. Not enough tons to make a decent srm boar or even a single mrm 10/20.

The thing is that the majority of the time a locust isn't going to be 1vs1 me bro against another locust. That ecm is a massive edge when flanking and poking vs the typical wall of metal in an average match.

Now if you are running a premade and have an ecm buddy then sure bring the 1e or some other dps oriented build.

Also as to the proposed tormentor build it can have more energy hardpoints or even some missile and ballistics so that more fits are possible if you want to ignore the ppc quirks. Much like how with the howl the most popular builds I'm seeing are ballistics.

I'd be more than happy if those quirks were converted to generic so any weapons combo would be viable. That would truly make it a legendary locust.

#22 SafeScanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 24 June 2023 - 08:33 PM

isnt the problem someone else stated is weapon slot positions won't/can't be changed
assuming they ever decide to we are stuck with one lct variant imagine LCT-3S(LGD)*shudder*

Generic perks are fine should be the standard instead of shoehorning us into specific builds

LCT-6M Built in 3071, the 6M variant used a massive Hermes 280 XL engine to propel it to an astounding speed of 226.8 km/h, and was capable of bursts of speed reaching 302.4 km/h through a MASC system. The 6M used a small cockpit to save weight with the side effect of making the 'Mech harder to pilot and utilized ferro-fibrous armor to get the most of the light armor the 'Mech carried. It was armed with two Magna Mk VI ER medium lasers, which were backed up by a single Magna Mk IV ER small laser. The 6M was produced by Corean Enterprises on Stewart.[84][85] BV (2.0) = 956[86]

this would be a some what interesting mech but nerfed into fiting MWO 177km + masc would be novel at least
Meh can but dream

Edited by SafeScanner, 24 June 2023 - 08:40 PM.

#23 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,897 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 24 June 2023 - 08:48 PM

View PostSafeScanner, on 24 June 2023 - 08:33 PM, said:

isnt the problem someone else stated is weapon slot positions won't/can't be changed
assuming they ever decide to we are stuck with one lct variant imagine LCT-3S(LGD)*shudder*

That only applies to existing mechs. New mechs built from scratch like the legendries don't have that issue.

It's probably why they made the howl a battlemech instead of an omni. Easier to balance since there won't be pod swapping.

#24 Chloe Cole Kerensky

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 June 2023 - 11:27 PM

I've been testing a fle-20 with stealth and 2 LPPC (one in right arm one in torso) I call it my mini shadow cat. It's an annoying little build but it's hard to get high damage numbers.

It doesn't do nearly as well as my fle-19 with SNPPC and MRM10 with a 125xl, that ~50% cooldown buff is cray cray, yea it's slow and under armored, but it has the DPS and acceleration/deceleration to poke like a boss, as long as u don't get caught in the open.

I did play around with a single erppc on my fle-20, at 1000 meters you can poke and are basically untouchable, by the time they fire a shot you are already back behind cover. Only issue is it just doesn't have enough firepower, and I felt like I spent the whole match constantly shooting just to get above 300dmg. I couldn't imagine breaking 400 dmg.

ETA: 3 LPPC really feels like the minimum to get good damage numbers.

Edited by Chloe Cole Kerensky, 24 June 2023 - 11:41 PM.

#25 SafeScanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 25 June 2023 - 07:19 AM

View PostChloe Cole Kerensky, on 24 June 2023 - 11:27 PM, said:

I've been testing a fle-20 with stealth and 2 LPPC (one in right arm one in torso) I call it my mini shadow cat. It's an annoying little build but it's hard to get high damage numbers.

It doesn't do nearly as well as my fle-19 with SNPPC and MRM10 with a 125xl, that ~50% cooldown buff is cray cray, yea it's slow and under armored, but it has the DPS and acceleration/deceleration to poke like a boss, as long as u don't get caught in the open.

I did play around with a single erppc on my fle-20, at 1000 meters you can poke and are basically untouchable, by the time they fire a shot you are already back behind cover. Only issue is it just doesn't have enough firepower, and I felt like I spent the whole match constantly shooting just to get above 300dmg. I couldn't imagine breaking 400 dmg.

ETA: 3 LPPC really feels like the minimum to get good damage numbers.

try the romeo 5000 with srm

#26 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,897 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 25 June 2023 - 07:57 AM

If I was going to run a flea lppc fit it would be this.

fle-fa

Epic high mounts and you get full armor, speed and masc.

Drop the masc and you still get full armor and speed but now with an er ppc.

I prefer the lppc fit since you have those great high mounts and masc.

#27 Chloe Cole Kerensky

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 June 2023 - 02:07 PM

View PostMeep Meep, on 25 June 2023 - 07:57 AM, said:

If I was going to run a flea lppc fit it would be this.

fle-fa

Epic high mounts and you get full armor, speed and masc.

Drop the masc and you still get full armor and speed but now with an er ppc.

I prefer the lppc fit since you have those great high mounts and masc.

FWIW I would love to see a 20T light with at least one Jump Jet.

When playing this close to the edge, the quirks will make or break a build.

This post is for mostly my own reference... and a continuation of last night's research, I kept falling asleep while theory crafting and had to call it a night.

Fle-FA is the only flea that can run two LPP with cooldown quirk (15%), and it has armor buffs.

Fle-20 can do 2xLPPC and ECM/Stealth, but no cooldown quirk means lower DPS, and it has no armor buffs (except for legs, just structure), so it can only run 3xLPPC with minimal armor, even with a 125xl. (If you are a MASC junkie or just have to have arm mounts this is the only reason to use a FLE-20)

PB has 10% cooldown and armor buffs, and can do 2 or 3 LPPC with stealth/ECM, depending on if you want speed/armor, this makes it more viable than the Fle-20, by far (especially the armor buffs)

Lct-3M has 20% cooldown and armor buffs, and can run with close to full armor with 3xLPPC and a 125XL, a clear DPS winner, unless you just can't live without ECM (double en tender) ETA: also has -50% overheat damage, which could come in really hading when popping 3xLPPC

unfortunately 2xerppc is out of the grasp of all of these 20 ton mechs.

Edited by Chloe Cole Kerensky, 25 June 2023 - 07:32 PM.

#28 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,897 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 25 June 2023 - 02:36 PM

I've used every fit for the fle20 I can think of and the recently buffed er meds are still the best option for general purpose squirreling in it. 25 points of alpha at 431m and 177kph hitbox glitching masc top speed. It's a more effective fit than the lppc builds but imho not nearly as fun. Just something about pewing away at 600m and watching big mechs squirm and twist that gives me an internal gigglesnort.

Edited by Meep Meep, 25 June 2023 - 02:37 PM.

#29 Chloe Cole Kerensky

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 June 2023 - 02:37 PM

Only reason to not advocate for adding a JJ flea/locust is if you wanted MWO to add the most iconic mech in BattleKek, the WASP.

Edited by Chloe Cole Kerensky, 25 June 2023 - 02:48 PM.

#30 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,897 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 25 June 2023 - 02:40 PM

Why not both?

#31 Chloe Cole Kerensky

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 June 2023 - 02:47 PM

View PostMeep Meep, on 25 June 2023 - 02:40 PM, said:

Why not both?

Fle-14 has JJ, and only one energy (medium laser) in the right arm.

Sounds perfect for a 50% cooldown buff and cap bonus (like the spider 5V)

I can just imagine the cruel things I could do in a FLE-14.

Edited by Chloe Cole Kerensky, 25 June 2023 - 02:53 PM.

#32 Chloe Cole Kerensky

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 June 2023 - 09:37 PM

LCT-3M with 3LPPC is rocking it, I am very pleased.

The cooldown buffs plus skills give it a cycle time of 2.06, given that normal PPC have a cooldown of 4 seconds, this gives it better than the equivalent firepower of a stock Awesome 8Q, which does not come with any cooldown buffs.

Granted I'm only doing 108.8KPH, so I have to be a bit more careful about positioning than a light normally would be, but as long as I can outrun a kit fox...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users