Mechabellum - Release May 11Th

5 replies to this topic

#1 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 09 May 2023 - 07:43 AM

"Mechabellum is an epic auto-battler taking place on the newly colonized planet of Far-Away. You’re the Commander of an army of mechs fighting it out in massive PvP battles. Customize and level up your units, strategically place them on the battlefield and watch them destroy your enemies."
INCREDIBLE NEW Mech Strategy Game! - Mechabellum - Strategic Autobattler - YouTube

Could be a nice distraction...
... is the hot **** in germany right now.

Edited by Thorqemada, 09 May 2023 - 07:44 AM.

#2 BLACKR0SE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 09 May 2023 - 07:18 PM

Planned Release Date: May 11, 2023
I'm following.

#3 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 11 May 2023 - 11:48 AM

~24k Viewers at Twitch on releaseday may 11th currently.

#4 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 19 May 2023 - 10:05 PM

What to say - i have a lot of fun currently!

The game puts you into the perspective of a Field Marshal deploying Units and Ressources to a certain Battle and then depending on the execution of said plan by the Units that fight the Battle - you helpless on the sideline.

At the beginning of a Battle both sides have a choice to make with what starter pack (1 out of random 4 identical on both sides) you beginn.

Each turn you can spend more ressources (money) and place new units, upgrade them and hope to outwit your opponent, that does the same and man, the variety of ways to win and lose is plenty.

It goes obviously from the choice of units, upgrades, placement and unit spacing, the different marching speeds, which unit to lvl up if any, flanking, sacrificing, using additional random cards with extra 1 time units, artillery attacks, single unit upgrades (allways the same offer to both sides - the choice is yours).

And then you watch if unfold!

I have yet lost more than i won and i still learn a thing each battle...sometimes coming out as the brillant winner, sometimes the even more brillant loser...

... bcs my army decides to chase the rabbit instead killing the last dangerous unit on the battlefield or bcs my strategy was to long term and the benfits come not to fruition bcs i dont survive to the turning point, sometimes my initial starter choice puts me on the backfeed right from turn 1 and i get slaughtered.

PGI could learn a huge amount from this game in how to avoid a stale meta!

Edited by Thorqemada, 19 May 2023 - 10:08 PM.

#5 Meep Meep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 19 May 2023 - 11:46 PM

This reminds me of gratuitous space battles only with mechs. Might have to check it out.

#6 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 20 May 2023 - 12:53 AM

Honestly - that thing with Battlemechs and all the additional Non-Mech-Units would be such a HIT!

But you can only be one time the first.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users