• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 24 May 2023 - 08:58 AM

View PostRoodkapje, on 24 May 2023 - 07:52 AM, said:

Dude... PTS... Come on...

We all know it can be done!

We all participated or had the chance to participate before so let's do it again! Posted Image

It's not something they can just flip a switch and turn on. There's other prep work involved. Besides, there's a high barrier to entry because we the players have to download the game a second time and reconfigure key mappings and such. As such, almost no one participated in the later ones. They really just don't seem worth the effort. Would it be awesome if the Caudron had the ability to test? Absolutely! But there doesn't seem to be a truly fast and easy way to do that. And given the lack of dev time and resources allocated to MWO at this point late in its life, don't expect it. Just know that anything that is released can always be patched next month. I know you're not supposed to test in production, but for the size of our playerbase, why not? It's only a game. The more important part is that balance changes are happening monthly which was not the case before the Cauldron.

#243 Mechwarrior2342356

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 24 May 2023 - 10:12 AM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 24 May 2023 - 08:58 AM, said:

It's not something they can just flip a switch and turn on. There's other prep work involved. Besides, there's a high barrier to entry because we the players have to download the game a second time and reconfigure key mappings and such. As such, almost no one participated in the later ones. They really just don't seem worth the effort. Would it be awesome if the Caudron had the ability to test? Absolutely! But there doesn't seem to be a truly fast and easy way to do that. And given the lack of dev time and resources allocated to MWO at this point late in its life, don't expect it. Just know that anything that is released can always be patched next month. I know you're not supposed to test in production, but for the size of our playerbase, why not? It's only a game. The more important part is that balance changes are happening monthly which was not the case before the Cauldron.

There were also apparently lack of participation issues in the past

#244 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 541 posts

Posted 24 May 2023 - 11:18 AM

Hmmm taking a closer look...O que would've preferred theu rised the heat of energy weapons rather than reducing the damage...

#245 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 24 May 2023 - 12:25 PM

science sale when? i got some science to do.

#246 Exarch Jonah Levin

• PipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 20 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 24 May 2023 - 12:40 PM

They fixed the shooting through trees thing I reported <3<3<3

#247 Exarch Jonah Levin

• PipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 20 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 24 May 2023 - 12:48 PM

Waitwaitwait, they're specifically nerfing the unique/interesting qualities of the Legendary mechs???? If they were overpowered (I was not aware they were, they seemed mostly fine), then why not nerf them in... Any other way besides slashing their interesting quirks?

#248 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 24 May 2023 - 01:35 PM

the seraph at least seems significantly toned down. the others have such good loadout options that i dont think they will be too bad going forward. still havent checked out the damage they did to the scattershot, but im gonna be playing the new legendaries. i havent played the cyclops yet.

Edited by LordNothing, 24 May 2023 - 01:57 PM.

#249 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 473 posts

Posted 24 May 2023 - 05:20 PM

Yeah, I'm not seeing how my jump jet equipped mechs recover from not having vectoring any more.

I would have thought that removing vectoring as a skill would have come with some with some kind of obvious built-in improvement in JJ's across the board to compensate, but apparently not. Just an awful decision, seriously.

Adding a few skill nodes to deal with overheat is not based on terrible thinking, but there are SO many ways to deal with overheating making this game hard on new and casual players, trading vectoring for something heat related was not needed. Anything from reducing heat damage across the board in MWO, to simply beefing up existing heat related skills nodes, to making existing heat sinks more effective, to reducing weapon heat, etc. would have had similar effects...without crippling something else.

And yes, no surprise, lots of players on the fence about buying Legendaries are being scared off by the quick bait-and switch on a paid product. Honestly, anything not available for in-game C-Bills should have some kind of "One year no downgrades" guarantee or something similar. Balance be damned, if people area paying for a product, stand by the product, at least for a significant period of time.

And some of us are STILL looking to have AMS stop shooting through mountains or other terrain. AMS mechs sitting in the basement of HPG, creating an AMS envelope above ground is just getting really long in the tooth. Is this something people just gave up on?

Honestly guys.... Posted Image

Edited by An6ryMan69, 24 May 2023 - 05:27 PM.

#250 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,122 posts

Posted 24 May 2023 - 06:03 PM

View PostAn6ryMan69, on 24 May 2023 - 05:20 PM, said:

Yeah, I'm not seeing how my jump jet equipped mechs recover from not having vectoring any more.

I would have thought that removing vectoring as a skill would have come with some with some kind of obvious built-in improvement in JJ's across the board to compensate, but apparently not. Just an awful decision, seriously.

Adding a few skill nodes to deal with overheat is not based on terrible thinking, but there are SO many ways to deal with overheating making this game hard on new and casual players, trading vectoring for something heat related was not needed. Anything from reducing heat damage across the board in MWO, to simply beefing up existing heat related skills nodes, to making existing heat sinks more effective, to reducing weapon heat, etc. would have had similar effects...without crippling something else.

And yes, no surprise, lots of players on the fence about buying Legendaries are being scared off by the quick bait-and switch on a paid product. Honestly, anything not available for in-game C-Bills should have some kind of &quot;One year no downgrades&quot; guarantee or something similar. Balance be damned, if people area paying for a product, stand by the product, at least for a significant period of time.

And some of us are STILL looking to have AMS stop shooting through mountains or other terrain. AMS mechs sitting in the basement of HPG, creating an AMS envelope above ground is just getting really long in the tooth. Is this something people just gave up on?

Vectoring apparently caused hitboxes to bug out.

#251 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 473 posts

Posted 24 May 2023 - 06:47 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 24 May 2023 - 06:03 PM, said:

That's unfortunate, I never noticed anything myself, but known problems should be solved. Lets hope it is being resolved behind the scenes and vectoring will come back once fixed. Honestly JJ's in this game need a fair bit of help overall.

#252 epikt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 24 May 2023 - 07:23 PM

Click to see that in action.

#253 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,122 posts

Posted 24 May 2023 - 08:37 PM

View Postepikt, on 24 May 2023 - 07:23 PM, said:

Yeah, that really highlights the issue. It's unfortunate and I really hope JJs get worked on. They should absolutely be worth taking for reasons that aren't that, like a full complement should be worth the tonnage, but that needed to be curtailed.

#254 Necroconvict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Shogun
  • The Shogun
  • 364 posts
  • LocationBaconville

Posted 25 May 2023 - 12:20 AM

And yes, no surprise, lots of players on the fence about buying Legendaries are being scared off by the quick bait-and switch on a paid product. Honestly, anything not available for in-game C-Bills should have some kind of "One year no downgrades" guarantee or something similar. Balance be damned, if people area paying for a product, stand by the product, at least for a significant period of time.

IF a nerf is needed.. but if it's been a month or less, and you need to hit something with hitboxes, or 85% increase to spread.... offer refunds. Hey sorry we released a broken product.. here's your money back

#255 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 May 2023 - 05:59 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 23 May 2023 - 08:33 AM, said:

It's 0.5 for one c-ERML, but c-ERMLs is usually packed in numbers.
Making it high damage just makes the giga-laser vomit more dominant that it is now.

Slightly lowering the damage on c-ERML lowers the alpha power of those giga-laser vom mechs, and allows it to be made better for use in builds other than Laser vomit as reliable back-up weapons.

IS ERMLs are not particularly strong. So, not need to nerf them.

Have you guys considered shifting the Ghost Heat quantity? It seems as though dropping that by one or two lasers would have a similar effect, while not diminishing the effect that a single or pair of lasers might have on lighter or hardpoint constrained 'mechs that can't boat a bunch. You've already admitted that the problem is when they're fired in large groups, and especially when combined with other lasers or weaponry. My understanding is that that's literally what the Ghost Heat system is meant to address. You could also link all large and medium lasers together, so that a combined alpha triggers the ghost heat penalty for firing 8 large lasers. Thus each individual laser can be left at full strength, and their excessive power when combined can be mitigated.

Since HSL quirks are the flavor of the year, they can easily be added to any 'mech that comes stock with 6x cERML's. If you tie that to the SO8, that prevents abusing that particular 'mech by adding extra hardpoints that allow the alphas we're trying to mitigate. The only 'mech that would be left, able to fire 6x cERML and 2x cHLL would be the Nova Prime, and it would be all arm-mounted, knuckle-dragging weaponry, mitigating its oppressiveness.

#256 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 May 2023 - 06:02 AM

View PostBowelhacker, on 23 May 2023 - 05:29 PM, said:

Is Ash still around? His people skills would be highly suited to this role...

I hope not, and I'm glad of it.

#257 Lepestok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationNizhniy Tagil

Posted 25 May 2023 - 07:49 AM

A river in the Canyons? Where is she? Bring back the river!!!!11!!11!1

#258 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 09:34 AM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 24 May 2023 - 08:58 AM, said:

It's not something they can just flip a switch and turn on. There's other prep work involved.

Then that's another issue that needs to be resolved!

It's basically a copy of the whole game and you need to start a Dedicated Server for it : How hard can that be ?!?!

Besides, there's a high barrier to entry because we the players have to download the game a second time and reconfigure key mappings and such. As such, almost no one participated in the later ones.

Then all these complainers are a bunch of lazyass players that seem to be able to spend a lot of cash for these Legendaries but a 1 TB or 2 TB SSD which is getting cheaper and cheaper lately is too much for them ?!

Come on... Posted Image

And don't get me started on how easy it is these days to go through the "game mirroring process" thanks to the excellent options in the MWO Launcher that will save you a lot of downloading time which you can again spend on making a copy of all your settings by just moving some files around!

They really just don't seem worth the effort.

If they continue like this then at some point this whole game won't be worth the effort for many of us! Posted Image

Would it be awesome if the Caudron had the ability to test? Absolutely!
But there doesn't seem to be a truly fast and easy way to do that.

Then they need to fix that!

And given the lack of dev time and resources allocated to MWO at this point late in its life, don't expect it. Just know that anything that is released can always be patched next month. I know you're not supposed to test in production, but for the size of our playerbase, why not? It's only a game. The more important part is that balance changes are happening monthly which was not the case before the Cauldron.

Sorry, but that sounds so damn weak... Soo horribly weak!

And some of us are STILL looking to have AMS stop shooting through mountains or other terrain. AMS mechs sitting in the basement of HPG, creating an AMS envelope above ground is just getting really long in the tooth.

Is this something people just gave up on?

It is bugged!
It is horribly for the ingame experience!
Immersion killer 100% !!!
And it wastes your AMS ammo!

IKR... Posted Image

Many games have similar hitbox issues and many of them got solved so why can't P.G.I. do the same or at least look at other games as a good example ?!

View PostC337Skymaster, on 25 May 2023 - 05:59 AM, said:

Have you guys considered shifting the Ghost Heat quantity? It seems as though dropping that by one or two lasers would have a similar effect, while not diminishing the effect that a single or pair of lasers might have on lighter or hardpoint constrained 'mechs that can't boat a bunch. You've already admitted that the problem is when they're fired in large groups, and especially when combined with other lasers or weaponry. My understanding is that that's literally what the Ghost Heat system is meant to address. You could also link all large and medium lasers together, so that a combined alpha triggers the ghost heat penalty for firing 8 large lasers. Thus each individual laser can be left at full strength, and their excessive power when combined can be mitigated.

As mentioned earlier I seriously thought it was a maximum of 3 x Clan ER ML per Group so I have been using them like for a while now because of the excessive heat that would otherwise occur!

I think your suggestion would be the PERFECT SOLUTION instead of the current one!

(Thanks for your earlier reply BTW Posted Image )

Since HSL quirks are the flavor of the year, they can easily be added to any 'mech that comes stock with 6x cERML's. If you tie that to the SO8, that prevents abusing that particular 'mech by adding extra hardpoints that allow the alphas we're trying to mitigate. The only 'mech that would be left, able to fire 6x cERML and 2x cHLL would be the Nova Prime, and it would be all arm-mounted, knuckle-dragging weaponry, mitigating its oppressiveness.

I am still wondering what that awesome build would be ?!

My Nova Prime we once got for FREE is hot as hell with 6 of those suckers! Posted Image

View PostLepestok, on 25 May 2023 - 07:49 AM, said:

A river in the Canyons? Where is she? Bring back the river!!!!11!!11!1

Maybe they removed it because the shadows got messed up in the water and in the past there was no water at all so I guess it's not a big deal ?? Posted Image

If they ever bring it back I hope the water will actually look like water instead of mudddddd Posted Image

Edited by Roodkapje, 25 May 2023 - 09:36 AM.

#259 Nyandere

• PipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 01:09 PM

View PostCh0c0L4t3m1Lk, on 24 May 2023 - 07:57 AM, said:

please add cockpit items, patterns, colors and bolt ons to the sale

it's been nearly a year since the last time warhorns were on sale, and last time they forgot some of the warhorns :/

#260 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 26 May 2023 - 03:04 PM

View PostBowelhacker, on 23 May 2023 - 05:29 PM, said:

Is Ash still around? His people skills would be highly suited to this role...
Much burn ointment would be sold that day...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users