I'm Over The Cauldron.

186 replies to this topic

#181 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 01 June 2023 - 03:59 AM

View PostMeep Meep, on 31 May 2023 - 10:29 PM, said:

Mouse acceleration is turned on by default in Windows 10. We recommend turning it off before gaming to improve your precision. You can find this option in the mouse settings.
Step 1: Enter “mouse settings” in the search field and then select “Mouse settings” from the results that pop up. Alternatively, you can use the Windows keyboard shortcut [Windows] key + [R] to open the “Run” dialog box, enter the CMD command “main.cpl” and then press Enter to go directly to the “Mouse settings”.
Step 2: In the mouse settings, click on “Additional mouse options”. You do not need to perform this step if you used the “Run” dialog box to access the settings.
Step 3: This opens the “Mouse Properties” window. Go to the “Pointer Options” tab.
Step 4: Find the “Motion” section. Is the checkbox next to “Enhance pointer precision” selected? If so, deselect it.
Step 5: Finish by clicking “Apply” and “OK”. Mouse acceleration is now disabled in Windows 10.

I really wish id known about this 25 years ago, but its too late for me now, lol. I tried disabling it and it totally destroyed my ability to aim, because ive had mouse accel on for 25 years and im too used to it now.

#182 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 01 June 2023 - 08:30 AM

View PostIh8nixon, on 31 May 2023 - 06:52 PM, said:

There is no rock, paper, scissors anymore. Cauldron made long range vomit a hammer and everything else is nails.

Edited by pbiggz, 01 June 2023 - 08:31 AM.

#183 Pixel Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 368 posts
  • LocationTraverse City, MI

Posted 01 June 2023 - 12:17 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 30 May 2023 - 04:00 PM, said:

Do you close in on snipers in the open? Because you aren't supposed to do that.

that's why I mentioned map design friend.

#184 Ih8nixon

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 June 2023 - 10:00 AM

View Postpbiggz, on 01 June 2023 - 08:30 AM, said:

The fact that every third thread in this forum is about the current meta problem is my source.

#185 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,750 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 02 June 2023 - 10:10 AM

View PostIh8nixon, on 02 June 2023 - 10:00 AM, said:

The fact that every third thread in this forum is about the current meta problem is my source.

And you are 100% certain there is no bias in those threads since the majority of them are by the same usual forum suspects especially the ones inside the thread arguing about it?

#186 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 02 June 2023 - 11:07 AM

The Problem is, that this game has long lost the ability to credibly reflect the wants and want nots of the playerbase for a lack of a representative player pool.

The echo gets stronger the emptier the halls become...

#187 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 02 June 2023 - 11:48 AM

View PostIh8nixon, on 02 June 2023 - 10:00 AM, said:

View PostMeep Meep, on 02 June 2023 - 10:10 AM, said:

And you are 100% certain there is no bias in those threads since the majority of them are by the same usual forum suspects especially the ones inside the thread arguing about it?

Its like the same 6 guys making these threads over and over again. Gilgamesh, Weeny, Pocket Yoda, etc.

They aren't numerous, they're just loud, so best case scenario, your source is extremely tainted.

View PostThorqemada, on 02 June 2023 - 11:07 AM, said:

The Problem is, that this game has long lost the ability to credibly reflect the wants and want nots of the playerbase for a lack of a representative player pool.

This is a pretty loaded statement here, so allow me to parse it out.

When Paul Inouye was in charge of balance, he would log in once a month, die to something, get mad about it, and nerf it. He did it so consistently that he nerfed essentially everything, and once did it so shamelessly (remember when he nerfed HSL for clan ER Large Lasers to 1?) that russ himself had to roll the change back after the backlash.

People did not like this.

When Chris Lowrey was in charge of balance, he basically made it his classic battletech dream. I dont fault him for it, but chris likes slow bullet sponge mechs and that made for a very particular meta, one where close range high dps weapons were essentially the only option because ranged high alpha weapons didn't have the throughput to kill someone even if they were fairly slow.

Some people liked this, but given how low player numbers got, most people did not.

When Chris Lowrey fast tracked a balance pass against the wishes of the community, it blew up fairly spectacularly.

Nobody liked that.

Now the cauldron is in charge, they have a discord, and they openly discuss balance, and you're saying these guys dont respond to the community?

I think you have an angle and you should be honest about it.

View PostThorqemada, on 02 June 2023 - 11:07 AM, said:

The echo gets stronger the emptier the halls become...

Pop is pretty stable at about 1000 players rn. The game could certainly afford to grow more but its not shrinking.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users