• 2,819 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 23 May 2023 - 02:21 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 23 May 2023 - 01:19 PM, said:

Look at the patch notes.

2 HLL
6 ERML
2 Gauss

Ok these are not worth picking up, nothing make them standout just generic good hardpoints.

#22 Mechwarrior2342356

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,106 posts

Posted 23 May 2023 - 02:21 PM

View PostSteel Shanks, on 23 May 2023 - 02:19 PM, said:

How bout instead of these absolute abominations You call Mech's PGI, ye just do Inner Sphere OmniMechs, and some new Mechs fer the Clanner Crowd...

Inner Sphere: Sunder, Owens, Rakshasa, etc. etc.

Clanners: Idk I'm not a Clanner... Turkina, Grendel, uh... I'm blanking on more Clanner Mechs...

These would work better. Instead of stupid Legendary Mechs, with stupid names... I'll NEVER buy a terrible Legendary Mech, but I would buy some Inner Sphere OmniMechs... Like the Chimera... Think about that for a second...

Legends is incredibly stupid... Pretty sure the Battleships game World of Ships ALSO came out with Legends... I don't know who copied who, but it's absolutely terrible either way...

Owens will have hard-locked SHS. It will be DOA. Avatar will have a hardlocked 280XL. It will be shaky on any grounds other than "glass cannon" and its mounts as depicted with a lot of variants will not enable playstyles that let it hide most of its hitboxes. Sunder, Rakshasa are maybe. Raptor would be cool (IS Omni light, 25t) possibly. All of these require more than what they seem to have on hand currently.

The Chimera is not an omni. It would be questionable. 40t is an awkward spot and the depictions make it look like an ez XL check.

You want a semi promising set of IS Omnis? Raptor, Men Shen, Rakshasa, Sunder. Light, Medium, Heavy, Assault. Men Shen is a Capellan specific mech but that's never mattered much. Avatar is a maybe. Owens would be difficult to un-suck.

EDIT: Rakshasa is not an Omni. Avatar for the heavy, maybe. Hauptmann has more promise than Sunder IMO. Arctic Fox looks like a bad bet for IS Omni Light but I could be wrong. Strider would be a sick joke. Templar is a HUGE maybe for Assault. Perseus would allow PGI to partially reuse Orion stuff but doesn't seem overly promising.

Edited by the check engine light, 23 May 2023 - 03:03 PM.

#23 hypographia

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 May 2023 - 03:00 PM

These look like fun. Will have to wait a patch or three to see where they shake out nerf/buff-wise, but still, interesting builds!

#24 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 23 May 2023 - 07:14 PM

How bout instead of these absolute abominations You call Mech's PGI, ye just do Inner Sphere OmniMechs, and some new Mechs fer the Clanner Crowd...

Inner Sphere: Sunder, Owens, Rakshasa, etc. etc.

Clanners: Idk I'm not a Clanner... Turkina, Grendel, uh... I'm blanking on more Clanner Mechs...

These would work better. Instead of stupid Legendary Mechs, with stupid names... I'll NEVER buy a terrible Legendary Mech, but I would buy some Inner Sphere OmniMechs... Like the Chimera... Think about that for a second...

Legends is incredibly stupid... Pretty sure the Battleships game World of Ships ALSO came out with Legends... I don't know who copied who, but it's absolutely terrible either way...

I disagree about legends but I'm with you on the Sunder and Turkina.

With the right variants and hero, Sunder would have a really nice spread of hardpoints. I think the solution for XL locked IS omnis is to just make it an "XL OMNI" Engine that behaves more like an LFE but still has 3 slots

#25 Grimjack Haxor

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 May 2023 - 07:51 PM

How about a missile boat legendary?

#26 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 May 2023 - 10:13 PM

They look alright but with all the nerfs lately i'm a tad gun shy to waste more money.

#27 Samziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seraph
  • The Seraph
  • 494 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 23 May 2023 - 11:26 PM

View Posthypographia, on 23 May 2023 - 03:00 PM, said:

These look like fun. Will have to wait a patch or three to see where they shake out nerf/buff-wise, but still, interesting builds!

Good call. I have a feeling Seraph might lose the coolshots because 4 coolshots with 10E is crazy good. But thats okay.

Don't really see many other ways to nerf it with so little quirks. Arges has the hsl but I don't think its op because of it.

Edited by Samziel, 23 May 2023 - 11:27 PM.

#28 Tarzan of Barsoom

• PipPipPip
  • Recruit
  • Recruit
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 May 2023 - 03:52 AM

I have an issue with the Seraph extra cool shot consumables in that you are still restricted to 5 consumables overall, even if you spend the skill points to buy more than 5. I feel, given the quirk description of +2 consumable slots, it should allow you 7 maximum consumables. This would not be out of line, if possible, given the lack of any offensive firepower quirks

#29 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 24 May 2023 - 08:06 AM

View PostSamziel, on 23 May 2023 - 11:26 PM, said:

Good call. I have a feeling Seraph might lose the coolshots because 4 coolshots with 10E is crazy good. But thats okay.

Don't really see many other ways to nerf it with so little quirks. Arges has the hsl but I don't think its op because of it.

If anything they would remove or lower the durability quirks to keep the special flavor of 2 extra cool shots. I’m not sure it’s there yet. It’s only been one day.

#30 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,106 posts

Posted 24 May 2023 - 08:22 AM

I wasn't seeing a lot of things that made me think Seraph or Arges were "broken" last night. People like GeeRam running them and getting good scores, but not so much that I thought they were OP (I mean, that's not going to be a good benchmarking tool - if a 'joe average' player starts suddenly stacking bodies with a chassis that's more eyebrow-raising).

Still largely anecdotal, but yeah I'm not overly worried about them just yet.

I am mostly happy with the SHD changes, still deciding what to do with the 2D's change and until its current loadout gives me a better picture of how it performs I'll hold off on altering it further. The 5M's changes make bigger UACs a little less punishing, so I'm going to give UAC20 a whirl instead of 2 UAC5. The HPPC change for the UM-R80 makes HPPC fun on it, but it would probably do better with 3 LPPC. The Cicada-3M does indeed get to have the RT E hardpoint sit higher now, for all the good that does. It at least looks less goofy.

#31 Mad Dawg

• Pip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 May 2023 - 08:24 AM

"Legends" name is fine. Not sure why people are complaining about that, or even comparing it to other games. Not too long ago Catalyst Game Labs released a "Legends" line of Battetech EPUB novels in electronic format, so if you need some sort of justification of the name or why it's connected to Battletech, well there you go.

#32 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 May 2023 - 05:17 AM

View PostMad Dawg, on 24 May 2023 - 08:24 AM, said:

"Legends" name is fine. Not sure why people are complaining about that, or even comparing it to other games. Not too long ago Catalyst Game Labs released a "Legends" line of Battetech EPUB novels in electronic format, so if you need some sort of justification of the name or why it's connected to Battletech, well there you go.

Because none of them are actually legendary?

#33 BLACKR0SE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 25 May 2023 - 07:19 AM

#34 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 08:02 AM

View PostMad Dawg, on 24 May 2023 - 08:24 AM, said:

While the branding of "Legends" is ok (though I'm not a fan of it myself), I want to detail to you specifically why some people do not like the rebranding.

1. The word, legend implies something that is historical and epic. Due to the past (and current) actions of PGI that sullied their reputation, people aren't so willing to forgive nor forget. Also with the changes going from good to worse (Community Warfare into Faction Play, Solaris 7) and the slow content, many feel like this game is on life-support. Admittedly, this game has existed for 11 years now, so the branding is justified in a way.

2. The word, Legends is too oversaturated these days in the game industry. While the words, Legends or Legendary implies a celebration of the past like an anniversary, most developers use the word to describe something as cool or awesome.

3. In this universe we already have Legends used in BT, like Mechwarrior Living Legends and BattleTech Legends. With the former, Some people believe that this was a good way to anger the Mechwarrior Living Legends crowd (there is some bad history with them and PGI so I won't go in detail). While the latter makes sense because it's detailing the personalities of BT from the Star League Era all the way to the current ilClan Era.

4. In regards to the "Legendary" Mechs, we already have them. They are called Hero Mechs. Also as stated by PocketYoda, there is nothing Legendary about them. Why were they created this way? Who was their pilot? What was the reasoning behind the name? The so-called "Legendary" Mechs are P2W mechs without any history nor backstory to the lore whatsoever to explain their existence unlike Hero Mechs. If the Legendary Mechs were tied to notable pilots or had a backstory from the BT lore that explained their origins, they would be fine.

Edited by Will9761, 25 May 2023 - 12:28 PM.

#35 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,456 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 May 2023 - 09:00 AM

I'm interested in "special" quirks for the Legendaries.
the Scattershot showed something interesting with trade-offs, so let's try something similar?

some ideas:
  • Laser beam duration -50% laser cooldown -50%, but laser damage -50%
  • Missile/Ballistic/PPC: damage +50%, but velocity -70%
  • or the other way, +100% velocity, but -30% damage
  • mech speed increased by 50%, but agility/mobility reduced by 50% (e.g. you can run, but hardly turn)
  • quirk bonus increased by +100% for certain tree and -50% on other tree

#36 MechWarrior8922442

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 May 2023 - 04:36 PM

Early in development, the community made a fateful and short-sighted choice that would have solved MANY game issues.

Repair costs.

Yep. Even I thought this sounded stupid 10 years ago, but unlike knockdown mechanics, this serves a real, valuable, and reasonable mechanism to balance the game. This is how you guarantee that overpowered mechs won't be on the field more often than is fair: because they are too expensive to repair and replace components. It also helps make the grind more enjoyable because mechs are harder to save for as you run cost-effective mechs most of the time so that you can afford to buy new mech variants. And it ramps up the excitement because when you see a rare, expensive variant or load out... You know that every point of damage is going to ruin that dude's budget.

Hate to say it, but this fixes every problem except for the competitive players who get bodied: and who cares. Give them a list of approved mechs that they're allowed to compete in.

We're supposed to be freeborn mercenaries... When was the last time a comstar bill meant anything to us?... When we got our final cadet bonus, basically.

Edited by MechWarrior8922442, 27 May 2023 - 08:06 PM.

#37 P H O T O N

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 119 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 12:36 AM

So about the Arges helmet bolt-on.

https://ibb.co/1bftcLV

You literally cannot see forward and what you're aiming at. It's impossible to play with it!

#38 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 29 May 2023 - 01:07 AM

View PostP H O T O N, on 29 May 2023 - 12:36 AM, said:

You literally cannot see forward and what you're aiming at. It's impossible to play with it!

press F3

I think it's very nice.
Posted Image

#39 epikt

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 02:19 AM

View PostP H O T O N, on 29 May 2023 - 12:36 AM, said:

I just tested it on training ground, and I didn't see the helmet... only when jumping to free camera:

Does it only happens in live servers?

#40 P H O T O N

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 119 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 02:30 AM

View Postepikt, on 29 May 2023 - 02:19 AM, said:

I just tested it on training ground, and I didn't see the helmet... only when jumping to free camera:

Does it only happens in live servers?

I just tested again in the training ground and I didn't get my vision obscured. It happened to me in a live game in the FP event. It might be a bug only found in real games. Can you try too? Warning, it's nearly impossible to play with vision obscured.

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 29 May 2023 - 01:07 AM, said:

press F3

I think it's very nice.
Posted Image

By pressing F3 I assume you mean going into third-person view. If so, that's really not a viable solution.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users