Faction Play Weekend Event

67 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,782 posts

Posted 09 June 2023 - 10:11 AM

FACTION PLAY WEEKEND EVENT AND CHALLENGES
Earn Rewards all weekend in Faction Play!
Starts: Friday June 9 12pm PDT / 7pm UTC
Ends: Tuesday June 13 12pm PDT / 7pm UTC
SALE
50% OFF the C-BILL and MC prices of:
Drop Decks
All Engines
All Weapons
All Consumables
'Mech Bays
Premium Time
GSP

#2 Grey Hook

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 June 2023 - 10:18 AM

I've never tried faction play. Does one need to be part of a team? Once you pick a faction, are you kinda stuck with it? Are the mechs you can use limited to the mechs associated with the house/clan you join?

#3 P H O T O N

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 June 2023 - 10:22 AM

View PostGrey Hook, on 09 June 2023 - 10:18 AM, said:

I've never tried faction play. Does one need to be part of a team? Once you pick a faction, are you kinda stuck with it? Are the mechs you can use limited to the mechs associated with the house/clan you join?

No. No. And no. Just jump in and play! Have fun.

#4 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 269 posts

Posted 09 June 2023 - 10:35 AM

You don’t need to be part of a team to play but having a group to play with sure does help! We will be summoning the war host for tonight. Here is a link to the discord if you want to hop in!

https://discord.gg/b4jYDMsb

#5 PiVoR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 09 June 2023 - 11:14 AM

Ah ****, here we go again..

#6 W A R L O R D

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 118 posts
  • LocationMy Direwolf

Posted 09 June 2023 - 11:28 AM

Thanks for the event!! - Quick question: Will we get Summer Bundles like we did in Spring? :)

#7 chaosshade2638

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 91 posts
  • LocationAround

Posted 09 June 2023 - 11:36 AM

Are the challenges limited to faction play or can we do them in quickplay too?

#8 Elfcat

• PipPipPip
  • Sho-sa
  • Sho-sa
  • 60 posts
  • LocationYay Area

Posted 09 June 2023 - 12:17 PM

I had this question last week. They're very loose with loyalty here at MWO Legends. You can jump between factions, IS to Clan and back, and your loyalty points for each faction are retained. The only restriction for faction play is that if you are a loyalist to an IS house your need to play for the IS House active for the day, and vice versa for the active Clan, and your deck can have only IS or Clan mechs depending on which side of the line you're on.

View Postchaosshade2638, on 09 June 2023 - 11:36 AM, said:

Events have been happening with regard to Quickplay, Event Queue, and starting recently with Faction Play. Check your emails and game startup announcements!

#9 BLACKR0SE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 09 June 2023 - 12:56 PM

I'm sure the machine in the picture would attract more attention if you had provided it. In my opinion, it's not worth entering for just a few warhorns.

#10 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 09 June 2023 - 01:32 PM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 09 June 2023 - 12:56 PM, said:

I'm sure the machine in the picture would attract more attention if you had provided it.

Maybe it's a nice big HINT for the next "Mech Of The Month" which would be made available to earn? Maybe they will allow all of us to have a chance at earning the Blood Asp's "Rancor" BAS-RA Hero Mech after some considerable effort? Or perhaps it will end up on a set of Pick-A-Prize items that are available to players via some kind of Loot Bag Event happening during this summer season? Who knows... I'm just leaving the thought out in the air! :)

~D. V. "maybe what we see in Mech imagery points to something in the future" Devnull

#11 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 09 June 2023 - 01:39 PM

View PostW A R L O R D, on 09 June 2023 - 11:28 AM, said:

Thanks for the event!! - Quick question: Will we get Summer Bundles like we did in Spring? Posted Image

Yes I'm working on them now.

View Postchaosshade2638, on 09 June 2023 - 11:36 AM, said:

FP only.

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 09 June 2023 - 12:56 PM, said:

I'm sure the machine in the picture would attract more attention if you had provided it. In my opinion, it's not worth entering for just a few warhorns.

We're likely to have some larger FP events this year, where I can see something like this happening.

#12 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 09 June 2023 - 01:41 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 09 June 2023 - 01:32 PM, said:

Maybe it's a nice big HINT for the next "Mech Of The Month" which would be made available to earn? Maybe they will allow all of us to have a chance at earning the Blood Asp's "Rancor" BAS-RA Hero Mech after some considerable effort? Or perhaps it will end up on a set of Pick-A-Prize items that are available to players via some kind of Loot Bag Event happening during this summer season? Who knows... I'm just leaving the thought out in the air! Posted Image

~D. V. "maybe what we see in Mech imagery points to something in the future" Devnull

You're right Posted Image I can see the addions in picture.
I think the next machine to be polished and sold will be the Blood Asp.

Posted Image

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 09 June 2023 - 01:43 PM.

#13 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 09 June 2023 - 01:52 PM

I complete every mission for the Blood Asp. It doesn't matter how difficult it is. I love that mach so much. :)

#14 Crohnic

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 June 2023 - 02:50 PM

I bought MC last year planning to use some of it to purchase warhorns. I've not seen them on sale this year that I'm aware of, and I'm beginning to wonder if they are now excluded from sales altogether. Is there a plan to including them in an upcoming sale or should I just spend the MC now?

#15 Heavy Money

• The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 09 June 2023 - 03:04 PM

View PostCrohnic, on 09 June 2023 - 02:50 PM, said:

I bought MC last year planning to use some of it to purchase warhorns. I've not seen them on sale this year that I'm aware of, and I'm beginning to wonder if they are now excluded from sales altogether. Is there a plan to including them in an upcoming sale or should I just spend the MC now?

We've seen Warhorn sales before iirc, but they sure are rare. I think it'd be nice to get one soon too.

#16 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 09 June 2023 - 03:23 PM

Weak rewards for the time investment. Vibroblade? Retro Arcade? BAGPIPES?

Seriously?

Are you guys ever going to put up any faction swag as an incentive?

#17 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 09 June 2023 - 03:58 PM

View PostCrohnic, on 09 June 2023 - 02:50 PM, said:

Next weekend all cockpit items will be on sale.

View PostJoshua McEvedy, on 09 June 2023 - 03:23 PM, said:

Are you guys ever going to put up any faction swag as an incentive?

Yes.

#18 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 09 June 2023 - 04:11 PM

Just came out of a Faction match, and right on queue, a 12-man comp group is seal clubbing and farming the new players tonight.

Is that the intent of this event?

#19 P H O T O N

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 June 2023 - 04:34 PM

Thanks for another weekend event - truly splendid! Am also really looking forward to the June free mech event, nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

Edited by P H O T O N, 09 June 2023 - 11:06 PM.

#20 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 09 June 2023 - 05:17 PM

View PostJoshua McEvedy, on 09 June 2023 - 04:11 PM, said:

Just came out of a Faction match, and right on queue, a 12-man comp group is seal clubbing and farming the new players tonight.

my friend i feel your pain but complaining about groups in a team game is about as useful as me crying about people dropping fast mechs in quickplay.
groups get priority in queue.
watch the queue. if you pay attention to the player count as you queue you can spot the premade groups as they enter and if you wish to avoid them you may do so.

if you wish to play as part of a team it is often not difficult to find your way into a group.
Faction is best experienced as part of a group.
i recommend finding a group, it often takes a moment longer to get a game solo and it often ends in discomfort.

*thanks PGI for the event!
*good luck everyone have a good weekend.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users