#1 Meep Meep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,897 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 24 June 2023 - 03:47 PM

...kinda underwhelming.

Don't get me wrong I'm having fun running some er ppc ecm lights as harassment(the com-2d is supah fun) but other than that it just seems that for other mechs and fits lppc or snubs or even heavy ppc are a better option if you are wanting to boat them.

So..

I propose a change to the way it works to bring it more in line with the clan er ppc.

Simple change at its heart. Up damage to 12 nerfing heat and cooldown to keep the same current dps but make it 2.5+7+2.5 pp and splash.

Doing this also allows for upping er ppc hsl to 3 since the pp alpha will be 21 instead of 30.

Just make sure that the heat penalty for firing 4 er ppc is steep.

Thoughts?

#2 RockmachinE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 24 June 2023 - 03:50 PM

I think we've outPPCd ourselves already. I would leave it as is. We don't need to buff PPCs anymore. Especially upping HSL or increasing damage.

#3 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,897 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 24 June 2023 - 04:00 PM

View PostRockmachinE, on 24 June 2023 - 03:50 PM, said:

I think we've outPPCd ourselves already. I would leave it as is. We don't need to buff PPCs anymore. Especially upping HSL or increasing damage.

Is this for ppc in general or the IS er ppc specifically? Because thats the one ppc that has gotten the least love in the various cauldron passes. The clan er ppc is maybe still a tad bit too hot but other than that it works great and clan can always boat double sinks to counter the heat. IS just have too many other viable ppfld options to make the current er ppc attractive unless it has some very good specific quirks. The standard ppc is even worse but eh one thing at a time.

#4 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 24 June 2023 - 04:14 PM

Standard PPCs and IS ERPPCs are both kind of in a weird spot. I personally think removing min range on standard, reducing optimal to 450-480 or so would be good for them (maybe give HPPCs the exponential falloff) - I personally think ERPPCs should stay pinpoint, any messing with HSL will potentially make a handful of chassis with ERPPC or PPC family HSL increases notably stronger and would make PPFLD sniping more prevalent, though given how rife the game is with ERLL Gauss right now I don't know that anyone would notice.

Beyond that? Don't know what could be done with them. 12 damage but longer cooldown, maybe. I don't see PPCs being absurdly oppressive right now, but that might change. CERPPCs are in a weird spot where they're the only Clan energy PPFLD option, and possible introduction of new tech like Plasma weapons might give Clans and IS more options - Clan Plasma could be a midrange energy PPFLD. Not sure if there's a canonical Clan brawl PPFLD in energy.

#5 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,897 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 24 June 2023 - 04:21 PM

I mean with only a cooldown nerf to match dps I'd take a 12 ppfld IS standard and er ppc. I just like the option of splash since I get so many lucky kills with c er ppc if a critical open torso is red but I miss and hit next to it.

#6 RockmachinE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 24 June 2023 - 04:46 PM

I think overall the PPC family got too much attention. There is too much PPC saturation at the moment. The IS PPC is like a borderline case and I believe it should stay that way. It works on certain setups, but its usually not worth it. Like you've mentioned the LPPC, ER and even SN and Heavy are a better option.

Other weapon systems that are completely out of whack at the moment need more attention, like LRMs for example. I'd leave the ISPPC as is.

#7 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,138 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 June 2023 - 06:43 PM

The whole 90-120 meter dead zones on weapons was a terrible idea.. Works in Tabletop because its a completely different beast.. Now that we have Madcat battlemechs maybe its time to remove the lore like Marvel did with Punisher.. RIP lore and Punisher its time to add some new mechanics to MWO..

As a purist it hurts but i can see the pros.

Edited by PocketYoda, 24 June 2023 - 06:44 PM.

#8 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 495 posts

Posted 27 June 2023 - 10:03 AM

I generally only use PPC's on mechs heavily quirked for them, not unlike UAC's. Otherwise the downsides aren't worth it for me.

#9 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,897 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 27 June 2023 - 11:08 AM

View PostPocketYoda, on 24 June 2023 - 06:43 PM, said:

The whole 90-120 meter dead zones on weapons was a terrible idea.. Works in Tabletop because its a completely different beast.. Now that we have Madcat battlemechs maybe its time to remove the lore like Marvel did with Punisher.. RIP lore and Punisher its time to add some new mechanics to MWO..

As a purist it hurts but i can see the pros.

The biggest design mistake the original devs made was to try to shoehorn in the BT ruleset almost verbatim into a first person shooter. That was a difficult first couple of years to handle as balance took wildly different directions as they tried to wrestle them into the game. Luckily that was abandoned for the most part and now the game is actually fairly well balanced minus a few pet weapons systems the balance team has a ***** for.

#10 SafeScanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 27 June 2023 - 11:19 AM

i see through your plan ...... yea...clear as dayPosted Image

#11 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,897 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 27 June 2023 - 11:34 AM

I proposed the same thing for heavy ppc and snubs. Reduce pinpoint damage and add that to the splash so you can raise the hsl.

#12 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 28 June 2023 - 11:29 AM

View PostRockmachinE, on 24 June 2023 - 04:46 PM, said:

I think overall the PPC family got too much attention. There is too much PPC saturation at the moment. The IS PPC is like a borderline case and I believe it should stay that way. It works on certain setups, but its usually not worth it. Like you've mentioned the LPPC, ER and even SN and Heavy are a better option.

Other weapon systems that are completely out of whack at the moment need more attention, like LRMs for example. I'd leave the ISPPC as is.

You seem like you have a problem with a very specific kind of weapon

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users