Midweek Madness Event Queue

36 replies to this topic

#21 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Driven
  • Driven
  • 347 posts

Posted 12 July 2023 - 11:39 PM

Loudkitty really needs to stop lrms. Its annoying in infinite jj, ruins the whole event for some.

#22 Captain Dictator

• PipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 July 2023 - 08:32 AM

Maybe the internet has destroyed my sense of humor, but I am absolutely losing it at the blurred image of the Howl. Gives off this kind of energy:

Posted Image

#23 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • Star Colonel
  • 253 posts

Posted 13 July 2023 - 09:20 AM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 12 July 2023 - 04:11 PM, said:

Elaborate a little. There will be another 2-day Event Queue next midweek in between the this weekend's Faction Play event, and next weekend's Event Queue Solaris mode. Most Event Queue events are restricted.

Is there a possibility to raise timer to fill lobby in FP event? Up it from 2 mins to 5 mins and see if it makes any diffrence? Last 2 FP events been stompy AF. If teams get in first lobbies and solos get next ones..

Thanks for all the events, keep it up buddy!

Edited by Kotis77, 13 July 2023 - 09:22 AM.

#24 Grey Hook

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 76 posts

Posted 13 July 2023 - 11:27 AM

I really appreciate the effort to make fun variations that keep the various user types engaged. No one gets their way all the time, but with the different types of events there is eventually something for everyone. Add in the extra flavor from the legendary mechs, and the looming shadow of the Stone Rhino? It's gotta be getting harder to complain.
Since you seem open to suggestions, I would humbly cast my vote for sales on colors/decals/bolt-ons at some point.
Keep up the good work guys!

#25 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 937 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 13 July 2023 - 11:41 AM

Kewl, another EQ event I missed...
Sh!tty chemo neuropathy...

Hope I could participate in the next though...

#26 Clay Endfield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 172 posts

Posted 13 July 2023 - 12:15 PM

Gotta say, fun event BUT... Infinite JJs are beginning to get a little too abusive; at least in EQs where LRM/ATM boats can go. Had a lot if players running ECM Bloodasps + Direwolves, and even a Hatamoto Chi with JJs and Lockons. Once they get high enough in the skybox, the atmosphere effects cloak them, making them completely invisible. Then they just rain missiles on you from above while the ECM/Atmosphere effects make them impossible to see.

Either lower the out of bounds skybox, or never put infinite JJs in EQs where missile boating is possible. It's annoying and broken when abused with lock-ons, and to top it off, these invisible cornholes can stall indefinitely and run out the clock. Infinite JJs is just an excuse to grief. Save it for Urbie Derby.

#27 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 495 posts

Posted 13 July 2023 - 06:07 PM

Hey all, am I missing something? I am seeing nothing on sale right now... :(

#28 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 693 posts

Posted 13 July 2023 - 06:53 PM

Havent been able to get in any event queue...

#29 The Red Comet IIC

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 13 July 2023 - 07:36 PM

Not seeing the sale happening either, am I reading the event page incorrectly?

#30 Lionheart2012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 231 posts

Posted 13 July 2023 - 08:08 PM

Not seeing the sale

#31 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Driven
  • Driven
  • 347 posts

Posted 14 July 2023 - 01:06 AM

The sale ended really quick..damn

#32 CwStrife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 255 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 July 2023 - 03:19 AM

View Postsimon1812, on 13 July 2023 - 06:53 PM, said:

Havent been able to get in any event queue...

Possibly a lack of interest? Everyone I speak to in game and on discord said no groups, infinite JJ is abusive, forget the event, back to QP.

#33 Tselakus

• PipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 July 2023 - 03:33 AM

Not that worried about no groups, more the combination of class restrictions and bad selection of maps and modes for it, heavies should be ok on Vitric but the Light and Medium events looked awful.

Sure it being mid-week and not weekend based like the FP & Solaris events doesn't help either.

Edited by Tselakus, 14 July 2023 - 03:34 AM.

#34 CwStrife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 255 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 July 2023 - 03:49 AM

View PostTselakus, on 14 July 2023 - 03:33 AM, said:

Not that worried about no groups, more the combination of class restrictions and bad selection of maps and modes for it, heavies should be ok on Vitric but the Light and Medium events looked awful.

Sure it being mid-week and not weekend based like the FP & Solaris events doesn't help either.

Absolutely. I remember asking why there wasn't more of a map selection and they said something about they couldn't add certain maps in or something. The maps selection for the classes isn't too great.

The mid-week event i'm pretty sure wouldn't be high volume as it's not the weekend, but it's still something.... Seems to be more an experiment with them doing the JJ's and what not, just to maybe see how it pans out.

The group thing does kill it for quite a few of us, at least not being able to run in teams of 2. Can split your party of 4 up and if you face the other two guys on the other team then it's all in good fun, but trying to sync drop with buddies is just a PITA hoping you get put on the same team then trying to figure it out from there.... Hence the reversion to QP.

Edited by CwStrife, 14 July 2023 - 03:50 AM.

#35 myhorseisamaz1ng

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 July 2023 - 05:49 AM

if you remove unlim jets and no fall damage would be nice event

#36 Chickenman919

• Pip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 July 2023 - 09:17 AM

IDK why we cant do both normal and special modifier EQ for 1 week long.You guys can switch it up everyday so everyone can be happy,and have them last 24hrs instead of 12 hrs so maybe people can play it in there timezone.

View PostDaeron Katz, on 12 July 2023 - 04:28 PM, said:

That tends to be what makes them different from Quick Play and Faction Play. That being said, I do Event Queue events that are open to both factions and all weight classes, and that don't have "extreme" mutators. But when I do those events, I get asked by a people to do more events with those mutators. Then when I do that, I get people asking them to do them without. See where I'm going? Result is, I do both, and this time it's with.

I'll keep that in mind for next week's Event Queue.

#37 DoucheNugg3t

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 30 posts
  • Locationbeyond the dune sea california

Posted 14 July 2023 - 09:41 AM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 12 July 2023 - 04:11 PM, said:

Elaborate a little. There will be another 2-day Event Queue next midweek in between the this weekend's Faction Play event, and next weekend's Event Queue Solaris mode. Most Event Queue events are restricted.

the 2 mech group drop deck events are my favorite but vitric and free worlds are kinda meh, I remember you saying you were gonna add some more drop deck maps, solaris event is pretty fun but another FP event I can do without

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users