Katana Kat Or Grinner?

4 replies to this topic

#1 lammaer

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 July 2023 - 09:45 AM

I have the plenty of hero light mechs, the obvious choices (Urbie K9, Locust PB, Piranha CI, Incubus SA, Kitfox Purifier, Adder Cinder) and wonder what should I get from the event.

I saw wolfhound grinner and panther katana kat mentioned as good light heroes.

The panther seems to have the unique 4xlight ppc build (without heat penalty).
I just wonder if there are any special/unique builds for katana kat, what makes it worth to choose.

#2 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,555 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 21 July 2023 - 12:07 PM

Your Hero mechs are not mentioned in there, but there is a list of "top" mech builds here:

https://grimmechs.is...ts?list=general

#3 lammaer

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 July 2023 - 01:40 PM

Thanks, I'm aware of that page, but I see nothing special regarding the grinner builds.... 5 lasers + ecm, there are plenty of light mechs what have the same firepower....

#4 Meep Meep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,893 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 21 July 2023 - 01:55 PM

Grinner is more effective due to ecm and torso energy mounts. Katana kat has arm mounts that are easy to shoot off and they are very low slung so if you are poptarting a ppc build you must expose nearly your entire mech and without ecm you get instantly targeted. If you want a fun hero light then the pirates bane is a must but its also very cheap and on sale often so probably better to wait for some more free mc and a sale for that one.

#5 Psibelius

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 31 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 28 July 2023 - 11:50 PM

The Grinner is big enough that you can't sneak around the way you would with a smaller light like a Flea, Locust, or even the Osiris.

While not as exciting to play, I've always found the Grinner to be an effective flanker supporting your team's assaults. Stay behind them, then zoom off to either side and prepare to focus fire while they draw all the aggro. I like the build with five MPL + ECM. It's enough to ruin anyone's day as long as you don't try to go off and solo stuff.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users