Mwo Is Getting Crazier

21 replies to this topic

#1 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 22 July 2023 - 03:38 PM

Wow, I just got back (in the forums). And I notice the kind of power-creep of patch-note there, 4x CUAC10 is returning, I guess Dakka-Bear is returning.

Legends mech are also getting crazy, like the 5B Annihilator, that is apparently a Clan Mech. Get TF of the way Direwolf lol.

Hey, since were doing crazy hardpoints for Mechs, can I finally have my dream IS Assault?

Spoiler

And IS Heavy?

Spoiler

Probably have overpowered quirks, but I'm really just in it for the Hardpoints.

#2 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 22 July 2023 - 04:16 PM

Not seeing the cUAC10 issue you keep posting about. The HSL is for cAC10, and the point is to stop 5 X cAC10 builds without detrimenting existing 4x builds that could ignore the penalty anyhow.

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,070 posts

Posted 22 July 2023 - 04:36 PM

View Postcrazytimes, on 22 July 2023 - 04:16 PM, said:

Not seeing the cUAC10 issue you keep posting about. The HSL is for cAC10, and the point is to stop 5 X cAC10 builds without detrimenting existing 4x builds that could ignore the penalty anyhow.

a 5x cac10 i dont even think was possible until the moonwalker came out, and that was nerfed so it couldnt do it anymore. i guess the gausszilla is going to have that option and i guess they pre-emptively nerfed it. you can still run four without gh, and thats a fairly mean loadout.

#4 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 613 posts

Posted 22 July 2023 - 04:55 PM

Is Caldron is finally jumping the shark?

#5 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,070 posts

Posted 22 July 2023 - 06:37 PM

i think were at the point where you need to do crazy **** to get people to show up. this might be a sign that the game may be dying, but many people have made that prediction and have been proven wrong time and time again. but eventually one of those predictions will be correct.

#6 Mechwarrior2342356

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 22 July 2023 - 07:11 PM

View Postkalashnikity, on 22 July 2023 - 04:55 PM, said:

Is Caldron is finally jumping the shark?

The shark jump was probably Moonwalker really, Stone Crusher and Gausszilla are Fonzie falling into a shark tank and wrestling every last one into submission before ascending to the heavens on a chariot pulled by great whites.

The thing is, I don't really care enough to cry P2W and tap out. They get revenue, hopefully I get to see them pull some rabbits out of the hat with modes, MM, or even just keep the EQ train rolling for occasional kicks and giggles.

Edited by the check engine light, 22 July 2023 - 07:44 PM.

#7 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 22 July 2023 - 08:19 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 22 July 2023 - 03:38 PM, said:

Wow, I just got back (in the forums). And I notice the kind of power-creep of patch-note there, 4x CUAC10 is returning, I guess Dakka-Bear is returning.

Legends mech are also getting crazy, like the 5B Annihilator, that is apparently a Clan Mech. Get TF of the way Direwolf lol.

Hey, since were doing crazy hardpoints for Mechs, can I finally have my dream IS Assault?

Spoiler

And IS Heavy?

Spoiler

Probably have overpowered quirks, but I'm really just in it for the Hardpoints.

What are you talking about?
What dakka bear?
what 4xUAC10s?

#8 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,571 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 22 July 2023 - 08:22 PM

Hats off to the Cauldron, who notices everything in MWO...

The July 2023 Patch just killed my favourite Dire Whale ballistic build:
(despite its very low ammo, warts and all...)

https://mwo.nav-alph...ed51d01c_DWF-AP
(Circa July 2023)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
HSL List FYI:
https://mwomercs.com...-hsl-quirk-list

Hint:
MWO now officially allows Clan 4x AC10 with no Ghost Heat Penalty (and not 4xUAC10)
In fact, Grimmechs Tier List listed the KDK-3 with 4xAC10 + ERPPC, so this was (newer) common knowledge.

KDK-3: 4xAC10 + ERPPC
https://mwo.nav-alph...=25e0425c_KDK-3
https://grimmechs.is...ts?list=general

CLAN AUTOCANNON 10

Increased heat penalty minimum threshold to 5 (from 3) - You can fire 4 without penalty

Increased heat penalty multiplier to 24.0 (from 1.0) - Firing 5 or more applies a large penalty

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 22 July 2023 - 03:38 PM, said:

...Hey, since were doing crazy hardpoints for Mechs, can I finally have my dream IS Assault?

View PostLordNothing, on 22 July 2023 - 04:36 PM, said:

a 5x cac10 i dont even think was possible until the moonwalker came out, and that was nerfed so it couldnt do it anymore. i guess the gausszilla is going to have that option and i guess they pre-emptively nerfed it. you can still run four without gh, and thats a fairly mean loadout.

View Postcrazytimes, on 22 July 2023 - 04:16 PM, said:

Edited by w0qj, 22 July 2023 - 09:00 PM.

#9 BumbleBee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 527 posts

Posted 23 July 2023 - 12:34 AM

The Stare Bear Returns...

UAC's or just AC's?

#10 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 23 July 2023 - 03:31 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 22 July 2023 - 08:19 PM, said:

What are you talking about?
What dakka bear?
what 4xUAC10s?

View PostBumbleBee, on 23 July 2023 - 12:34 AM, said:

The Stare Bear Returns...

UAC's or just AC's?

My bad, apparently it's just the CACs, not CUACs. I keep forgetting because BT isn't supposed to have those, because it's supposed to be slug LBX.

#11 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,138 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 July 2023 - 03:58 AM

I just wanted some Urbanmech IIC's.. Is that too hard to ask for.. Imagine the events Urbies vs Urbie IICs.. It would be epic..

#12 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,070 posts

Posted 23 July 2023 - 04:12 PM

View PostPocketYoda, on 23 July 2023 - 03:58 AM, said:

I just wanted some Urbanmech IIC's.. Is that too hard to ask for.. Imagine the events Urbies vs Urbie IICs.. It would be epic..

ive been pushing for the urbie iic as the first legendary light. especially since it doesn't have enough variants for a pack.

#13 Ihlrath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 373 posts

Posted 23 July 2023 - 04:52 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 23 July 2023 - 04:12 PM, said:

ive been pushing for the urbie iic as the first legendary light. especially since it doesn't have enough variants for a pack.

You just became my new favorite person.

#14 Hauptmann Keg Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 289 posts

Posted 23 July 2023 - 06:43 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 23 July 2023 - 04:12 PM, said:

If they can make a pack out of the Orion IIC, they can make a pack out of anything.

Urbie IIC can at least copy off the IS one's homework for some variants (missile variant, all-energy one, one with ECM, one with more JJs and a bigger engine, etc).

#15 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,070 posts

Posted 23 July 2023 - 07:54 PM

View PostHauptmann Keg Steiner, on 23 July 2023 - 06:43 PM, said:

If they can make a pack out of the Orion IIC, they can make a pack out of anything.

Urbie IIC can at least copy off the IS one's homework for some variants (missile variant, all-energy one, one with ECM, one with more JJs and a bigger engine, etc).

i suppose a full pack is possible, but i think there are other mechs in front of it in line. legendary is the fastest way to get one.

Edited by LordNothing, 23 July 2023 - 07:54 PM.

#16 RockmachinE

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 25 July 2023 - 10:41 AM

View Postthe check engine light, on 22 July 2023 - 07:11 PM, said:

The shark jump was probably Moonwalker really, Stone Crusher and Gausszilla are Fonzie falling into a shark tank and wrestling every last one into submission before ascending to the heavens on a chariot pulled by great whites.

This is hilarious... and true.

#17 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 25 July 2023 - 03:03 PM

Yeah uh GZ is hard ******* powercreep. Holy everloving crap.

It better sell and I better see some good new features come from that revenue, because honestly someone needs their wrist slapped with a ruler for that otherwise.

Edited by the check engine light, 25 July 2023 - 03:03 PM.

#18 Pixel Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 376 posts

Posted 26 July 2023 - 01:39 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 25 July 2023 - 03:03 PM, said:

It better sell and I better see some good new features come from that revenue, because honestly someone needs their wrist slapped with a ruler for that otherwise.

at this point I'm not opposed to damage quirks for low hardpoint mechs. are are you supposed to compete with mechs that can boat 4 gauss or like 12 medium pulse lasers? it's getting nutty with some of the mechs left in the dust

#19 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 613 posts

Posted 26 July 2023 - 02:28 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 25 July 2023 - 03:03 PM, said:

Drama queen much?

#20 feeWAIVER

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 26 July 2023 - 02:35 PM

View PostPixel Hunter, on 26 July 2023 - 01:39 PM, said:

at this point I'm not opposed to damage quirks for low hardpoint mechs. are are you supposed to compete with mechs that can boat 4 gauss or like 12 medium pulse lasers? it's getting nutty with some of the mechs left in the dust

Build low hardpoint mechs for heat efficient brawl.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users