Predictable Result From Releasing A Ton Of Assaults:

120 replies to this topic

#21 Ihlrath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 373 posts

Posted 26 July 2023 - 08:08 AM

They make for good targets with the new +30% RAC rof on the Urbie 60L.

#22 Mechwarrior2342356

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 26 July 2023 - 08:36 AM

View PostIhlrath, on 26 July 2023 - 08:08 AM, said:

They make for good targets with the new +30% RAC rof on the Urbie 60L.

Duly noted. If you don't mind I will proceed to disregard you after hearing what you have to say in game.

#23 1Exitar1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 253 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Milkyway Galaxy

Posted 26 July 2023 - 09:42 AM

View PostTW-Luna, on 25 July 2023 - 06:39 PM, said:

I actually saw you in a match, was definitely a weird bunch in that one.

Now is the absolute best time to play a heavy hitting medium or heavy mech, like, it's so easy to do good damage with everyone and their mother focusing the silly amount of assault.

Peak with your team and stick around the assaults (unless you're specifically a skirmisher build), rack up the numbers as you help your assaults.

I'm having a good time with my light mechs. The enemy is ignoring me to focus on the assaults that can kill you in 5 seconds, so I can just PEW away at them to my hearts content! Granted, I last as long as a moth to flame if those assaults DO shoot at me, but that's war!

#24 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,834 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 26 July 2023 - 10:13 AM

I don’t own any of the new-patch mechs yet but from what I’ve seen on YT and Twitch I’m mighty tempted.

I wonder if some of them will get the nerf bat in the next patch. The SR -4, -6(S), and Kolos look so strong at the moment. The Kolos can put out two triple-digit alphas without overheating or only going slightly into the red zone. That -4 with the four LB20’s is scary, and the -6 is an mpl monster.

Then you have the ANH-GZ that can sport four CAC-10s and a CAC-20 and fire them all without overheating. Not only that, it can go faster than the IS version.

I imagine that as time goes by counters to them will be found but boy howdy, they’re really kicking booty right now.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Edited by CFC Conky, 26 July 2023 - 10:20 AM.

#25 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 26 July 2023 - 10:45 AM

View PostCFC Conky, on 26 July 2023 - 10:13 AM, said:

I don’t own any of the new-patch mechs yet but from what I’ve seen on YT and Twitch I’m mighty tempted.

I wonder if some of them will get the nerf bat in the next patch. The SR -4, -6(S), and Kolos look so strong at the moment. The Kolos can put out two triple-digit alphas without overheating or only going slightly into the red zone. That -4 with the four LB20’s is scary, and the -6 is an mpl monster.

Then you have the ANH-GZ that can sport four CAC-10s and a CAC-20 and fire them all without overheating. Not only that, it can go faster than the IS version.

I imagine that as time goes by counters to them will be found but boy howdy, they’re really kicking booty right now.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

A Clantech Annie, with access to Clan XL, Endo and Ferro, plus Annie hitboxes and 5B 1E, is obscenity. It will do its job and generate cashflow, though. Once the new-shiny wears off the ridiculously heavy drops will wane. I'm not fond of existing purely as some fatty driver's accessory.

#26 SafeScanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 26 July 2023 - 11:12 AM

queue the "scattershot" nerfed posts

Edited by SafeScanner, 26 July 2023 - 11:30 AM.

#27 feeWAIVER

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 26 July 2023 - 12:02 PM

View PostCFC Conky, on 26 July 2023 - 10:13 AM, said:

I don't care for assault, especially clan assaults, but I'm tempted too.. just cuz the rhino looks sexy AF.

#28 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 26 July 2023 - 01:28 PM

I'm rather enjoying matches filled with big slow easy targets for my fle20. Have won a few last mech standing too since the patch since there isn't anything that can catch me and I just poke them to death. I just make sure to hobble or kill any mechs that can pose a threat in the early game. So please more events and such that promote heavy metal play!

View PostSafeScanner, on 26 July 2023 - 11:12 AM, said:

queue the "scattershot" nerfed posts

To be fair thats the only one they pulled any shenanigans with and I think they learned their lesson. It still stinks if you bought one though as its just another meh platform now.

#29 Pixel Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 380 posts

Posted 26 July 2023 - 01:30 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 25 July 2023 - 06:20 PM, said:

You wanted assaults you got assaults.Light mech "_____" OP! Must nerf light mech "___!" I've been campaigning for more/better lights since beta but now you can keep adding more assaults and power creep. How many years did I have to beg for the kgc to fire both ac 20s with no ghost heat while the dhgy fnr ruled?

Since 2016 I've called for all 35ts to go back to their original size before and after the 20ts came in and took over the weight class. One light mech pilot can't fix the whole dam class when all you want are "moar assults! Nerf lights!"

with the ridiculous alphas were seeing now, yeah lights and maybe even mediums need to be smaller

Edited by Pixel Hunter, 26 July 2023 - 01:31 PM.

#30 SafeScanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 26 July 2023 - 02:05 PM

View PostMeep Meep, on 26 July 2023 - 01:28 PM, said:

To be fair thats the only one they pulled any shenanigans with and I think they learned their lesson. It still stinks if you bought one though as its just another meh platform now.

True but it won't stop people from trying

View PostPixel Hunter, on 26 July 2023 - 01:30 PM, said:

with the ridiculous alphas were seeing now, yeah lights and maybe even mediums need to be smaller

or reduce their agility but then we are just inviting more trouble

Edited by SafeScanner, 26 July 2023 - 02:09 PM.

#31 Capellan Shenanigans

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationMidwest US

Posted 27 July 2023 - 08:03 AM

Battletech has always had a "bigger is better" bias with most players preferring the heavy and assault class designs over light and medium designs. Most heroes in the lore end up piloting something over 70 tons, most BT video games push the theme that assault 'mechs are "end game content" and players tend to enjoy the power fantasy of an unstoppable god of the battlefield.

Personally, I don't like piloting anything over 65 tons, especially if it's not jump capable. I guess my Catapult will get the majority of game time for the next couple weeks.

#32 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 27 July 2023 - 08:32 AM

View PostCapellan Shenanigans, on 27 July 2023 - 08:03 AM, said:

Battletech has always had a "bigger is better" bias with most players preferring the heavy and assault class designs over light and medium designs. Most heroes in the lore end up piloting something over 70 tons, most BT video games push the theme that assault 'mechs are "end game content" and players tend to enjoy the power fantasy of an unstoppable god of the battlefield.

Personally, I don't like piloting anything over 65 tons, especially if it's not jump capable. I guess my Catapult will get the majority of game time for the next couple weeks.

Bigger is better is not itself better in the absence of any reason to step up tonnage beyond "run heavier or suffer, *****".

#33 VeeOt Dragon

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 27 July 2023 - 09:12 AM

yeah its nut unexpected to be assault heavy right now. it will all calm down in a week or so. people are just bringing out their new shiny toys. personally don't think the mech packs are worth the cost but the game does need money flow. i do agree that the power creep is getting nuts. a lot of mechs just feel ****** now. even ones there were decent back in the day.

i don't play light mechs other than the Urbie (its time to fit my K-9 with a RAC-5 and go to town.) but i do play a number of mediums. i mostly play Heavies these days.

#34 Capellan Shenanigans

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationMidwest US

Posted 27 July 2023 - 11:22 AM

View PostVeeOt Dragon, on 27 July 2023 - 09:12 AM, said:

yeah its nut unexpected to be assault heavy right now. it will all calm down in a week or so. people are just bringing out their new shiny toys. personally don't think the mech packs are worth the cost but the game does need money flow. i do agree that the power creep is getting nuts. a lot of mechs just feel ****** now. even ones there were decent back in the day.

i don't play light mechs other than the Urbie (its time to fit my K-9 with a RAC-5 and go to town.) but i do play a number of mediums. i mostly play Heavies these days.

I cut my teeth on the Hunchback 4G back in 2013-2014, so I was elated to see it get major AC/20 quirks. As much as I enjoy the classic Hunchie, I just can't shake how bad it feels to be a slow, ground-bound, medium brawler in the current game. I finally have some free time in the next couple days, so I'd like to see if I'm just being a whiny b***h or if there's something to my complaints.

#35 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 27 July 2023 - 11:28 AM

View PostCapellan Shenanigans, on 27 July 2023 - 11:22 AM, said:

I cut my teeth on the Hunchback 4G back in 2013-2014, so I was elated to see it get major AC/20 quirks. As much as I enjoy the classic Hunchie, I just can't shake how bad it feels to be a slow, ground-bound, medium brawler in the current game. I finally have some free time in the next couple days, so I'd like to see if I'm just being a whiny b***h or if there's something to my complaints.

Once a drop gets heavy enough you basically have to glue your metal arse to whatever assaults you have because anything else will result in a "THERE'S ONE!". If your lighter teammates go tearing off assume they're suicidal and don't join them no matter what they say.

#36 feeWAIVER

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 27 July 2023 - 11:46 AM

View PostCapellan Shenanigans, on 27 July 2023 - 11:22 AM, said:

Try not to brawl with the 4G. Instead, hug corners, stay near your team and go for short range flanks.
Shoot as much as you can from medium range, and disappear when they look at you.

If you want to brawl balls to the wall in a hunchback, go with a 4SP.

#37 Capellan Shenanigans

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationMidwest US

Posted 27 July 2023 - 12:00 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 27 July 2023 - 11:28 AM, said:

Once a drop gets heavy enough you basically have to glue your metal arse to whatever assaults you have because anything else will result in a "THERE'S ONE!". If your lighter teammates go tearing off assume they're suicidal and don't join them no matter what they say.

View PostfeeWAIVER, on 27 July 2023 - 11:46 AM, said:

Try not to brawl with the 4G. Instead, hug corners, stay near your team and go for short range flanks.
Shoot as much as you can from medium range, and disappear when they look at you.

If you want to brawl balls to the wall in a hunchback, go with a 4SP.

I'm a big fan of Hunchbuddy tactics, I try to find the meanest looking ally and go wherever they go, shoot whatever they shoot, keep skirmishers off their back, etc. It would probably work better in a group drop, but I'm a solo player.

#38 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 27 July 2023 - 12:32 PM

View PostPixel Hunter, on 26 July 2023 - 01:30 PM, said:

go watch the old re sizing video. A Jenner is just as big as a catapult with less than half armor. This game has become nothing more but who's assult can alpha the biggest first. There's no reason for me to play it or pay for any new mech since I pefer the lights or when I go up in weight normally in my lrm cptls to really piss off all these god dam ******* whiny fat ******* what just want their point-and-win mother ******* ******** insta-winners.

#39 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 27 July 2023 - 04:58 PM

with so many assaults in the game i think solaris city needs a pass. there are a lot of gaps that assaults get stuck in, and if you got multiple assailts getting tangled up in those it really makes the game play suck.

#40 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 27 July 2023 - 05:50 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 27 July 2023 - 04:58 PM, said:

with so many assaults in the game i think solaris city needs a pass. there are a lot of gaps that assaults get stuck in, and if you got multiple assailts getting tangled up in those it really makes the game play suck.

Its scale is very fucky and it really should be revisited, possibly clean up that goofy "mech pinball" crap and if a JJ mech being up so damn high is that much of a problem just wall off the highest crap I guess. (I'd rather you didn't, it's nice to have a good reason to take a full complement of JJs, but ERLL MLX ******** comes to mind.)

39 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 39 guests, 0 anonymous users