Rays Coming Off Scrapyard Moon

9 replies to this topic

#1 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 613 posts

Posted 26 July 2023 - 12:08 PM

~10 pixel wide block-like rays when looking in the vicinity the moon, going towards the infinite horizon left and right, and also down, with a faint one going up, when looking away the rays get smaller abruptly, then disappear.

It goes away when zoomed in.

Only played one match, but at least one other person in the match was seeing the same thing.

Windows 10
HP Pavillion Gaming Laptop 15-ec1xxx
AMD Ryzen 5 4600H with Radeon Graphics 3.00 GHz

Graphics on Low, 1280x1024, DX11, motion blur off, V-sync off, (setting all on Low, anti-aliasing off)

I changed to High object detail (which I normally play on, don't know how it got changed to all low) and it is same, also tested the first three anti-aliasing and it was still happening.

#2 RockmachinE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 26 July 2023 - 12:21 PM

I have those too.

#3 Meep Meep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,897 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 26 July 2023 - 01:18 PM

Since we no longer have a public test server they have to use the live server to test out stuff now. Thats why there is an early access disclaimer on the map thumbnail. So this should be reported in the bug forum section.

edit: OP can you try this preset and see if it helps?

https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__6441573

Instructions on how to use it are on the first page of that thread but basically its a script file that makes changes to the graphics settings you don't get access to in the game settings. Many report it helps stabilize performance and clear up some long standing graphics glitches.

Might help here and it won't hurt anything to try since you can simply delete the file if it doesn't improve performance.

Edited by Meep Meep, 26 July 2023 - 01:24 PM.

#4 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 613 posts

Posted 26 July 2023 - 07:33 PM

View PostMeep Meep, on 26 July 2023 - 01:18 PM, said:

Since we no longer have a public test server they have to use the live server to test out stuff now. Thats why there is an early access disclaimer on the map thumbnail. So this should be reported in the bug forum section.

edit: OP can you try this preset and see if it helps?

https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__6441573

Instructions on how to use it are on the first page of that thread but basically its a script file that makes changes to the graphics settings you don't get access to in the game settings. Many report it helps stabilize performance and clear up some long standing graphics glitches.

Might help here and it won't hurt anything to try since you can simply delete the file if it doesn't improve performance.

I was comfortable with GW Basic, and DOS... even Windows XP was ok... but IDK where user.cfg is and I did research before posting this. Does not appear anywhere I checked, unless it's a hidden file?

https://mwomercs.com...73#entry6441573

https://mwomercs.com...-is-my-usercfg/

#5 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,897 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 26 July 2023 - 08:01 PM

View Postkalashnikity, on 26 July 2023 - 07:33 PM, said:

I was comfortable with GW Basic, and DOS... even Windows XP was ok... but IDK where user.cfg is and I did research before posting this. Does not appear anywhere I checked, unless it's a hidden file?

https://mwomercs.com...73#entry6441573

https://mwomercs.com...-is-my-usercfg/

Inside of the root mechwarrior online install folder there will be a config file called system.cfg which contains all your game specific settings like keybinds and such.

When you open that folder you are going to right click the empty space and create two text files one called 'tuning.cfg' and the other 'user.cfg' then open both.

Inside of the tuning.cfg type in 'exec user.cfg' and save.

Inside of the user.cfg copy paste my preset and save.

Start the game and the user.cfg file will be automatically loaded.

#6 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 613 posts

Posted 26 July 2023 - 08:55 PM

View PostMeep Meep, on 26 July 2023 - 08:01 PM, said:

Inside of the root mechwarrior online install folder there will be a config file called system.cfg which contains all your game specific settings like keybinds and such.

When you open that folder you are going to right click the empty space and create two text files one called 'tuning.cfg' and the other 'user.cfg' then open both.

Inside of the tuning.cfg type in 'exec user.cfg' and save.

Inside of the user.cfg copy paste my preset and save.

Start the game and the user.cfg file will be automatically loaded.

Just finished and tested it, for reference my fps is normally around 50 with low settings.

Using your posted script as is... frames never dropped below 140/sec, I see details I never saw before.

The constant in/out/in/out of terrain appearing/disappearing is gone, the textures are crisp and clear.

It's like a whole new game.

I'm shocked by the difference.

Edited by kalashnikity, 26 July 2023 - 08:55 PM.

#7 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 613 posts

Posted 26 July 2023 - 09:08 PM

Graphics are now distractingly good.

I really have to wonder why PGI is busy brainstorming the latest recruitment drive (for Bronies and Furries this time?) instead of fixing the existing coding...

(not that there is anything wrong with that)

ETA: this is going to take some getting used to, I'm having trouble playing because I keep getting distracted by how great everything looks.

ETA2: my FPS actually dropped to 70 when the clouds from the drop ships where on the ground, at the start.

#8 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 613 posts

Posted 26 July 2023 - 09:26 PM

Rays are still coming off the scrapyard moon.

I had the brightness/gamma turned to 100 and the Awesome that just killed me was still almost invisible at 100 meters as it charged me.

in other news, the Mean Baby is a very fun mech, but I forgot to change the engine from an Xl...

#9 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,897 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 26 July 2023 - 10:12 PM

Glad it helped. I couldn't play the game on a 4k monitor without it. Thats whats so sad. The base textures and mesh are all fairly high resolution and all it would take is a settings refresh to take advantage of all the extra horsepower in modestly recent pc to make the game look at least semi modern. All those pretty effects they cut out can still be reapplied too. Sadly as Mr Vaad has said this has been proposed by cauldron a few times but pgi shows no interest. Even sadder is that using cryedit they have access to much greater control over the engine and can do things you can't via cfg edits.Posted Image

#10 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 613 posts

Posted 26 July 2023 - 10:36 PM

View PostMeep Meep, on 26 July 2023 - 10:12 PM, said:

Glad it helped. I couldn't play the game on a 4k monitor without it. Thats whats so sad. The base textures and mesh are all fairly high resolution and all it would take is a settings refresh to take advantage of all the extra horsepower in modestly recent pc to make the game look at least semi modern. All those pretty effects they cut out can still be reapplied too. Sadly as Mr Vaad has said this has been proposed by cauldron a few times but pgi shows no interest. Even sadder is that using cryedit they have access to much greater control over the engine and can do things you can't via cfg edits.Posted Image

They spent more time drawing up the new decals for last months patch... at least we know where their priorities are.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users