BattleMechs Upgrades

8 replies to this topic

#1 Axys Rageborn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 125 posts

Posted 29 July 2023 - 05:21 PM

Have you ever wanted to feel like a legend?

Well now you can! purchase the "Legend Upgrade" today and take your favorite Mech to the next level.

One time purchase that,

- Makes your favorite Mech into it's own Legendary Mech
- MC cost Based on Mech chassis Hero
- Gain 15% XP and 15% C-Bill (or just 30% C-Bills like heroes)

Now you can spend your hard earned MC on turning that basic tin can into the Legend it always should have been.

Why?

Give people the choice of making there own legendary Mech and remove the needless want from those who wish to purchase Legends that aren't Assaults.

PROFIT!

Honestly this is something that all the other major vehicle MMO games do and I believe this is something that really can elevate MWO to Legend Status.

Please PGI I want to give you money but I want my Hellspawn 7P to be Legendary. Let me help you keep bringing in those tasty real life C-Bills by giving me and others a reason to do so.

#2 ImaginaryFireball

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 July 2023 - 05:59 PM

Then they would need to come up with an outlier quirk for every mech variant in the game. I don't see that much work being put in, especially since I doubt anyone could come up with that many different ones all at once. Now, a Platinum upgrade for any mech, I could see them doing.

#3 Axys Rageborn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 125 posts

Posted 29 July 2023 - 06:33 PM

View PostImaginartFireball, on 29 July 2023 - 05:59 PM, said:

Then they would need to come up with an outlier quirk for every mech variant in the game. I don't see that much work being put in, especially since I doubt anyone could come up with that many different ones all at once. Now, a Platinum upgrade for any mech, I could see them doing.

Why? why do they need outlier quirks? its about making your favorite mech a premium mech.

the outlier would be you can earn extra c-bills / xp. that's it. basically a platinum upgrade but without the paint job.

If you want change the name to "Warrior upgrade" then to separate it from legend mechs.

#4 ImaginaryFireball

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 July 2023 - 07:22 PM

View PostAxys Rageborn, on 29 July 2023 - 06:33 PM, said:

Why? why do they need outlier quirks? its about making your favorite mech a premium mech.

the outlier would be you can earn extra c-bills / xp. that's it. basically a platinum upgrade but without the paint job.

If you want change the name to "Warrior upgrade" then to separate it from legend mechs.

You specifically said turn a mech into a legendary mech. The outlier quirk is what differentiates a legend mech from the other types of 30% c-bill mechs. That's why I based my statement on specifically the concept of making mechs into legendary mechs. I agree that being able to add the c-bill boost to any mech would be cool, I guess I just got focused on a detail that was ultimately not the main point.

#5 Axys Rageborn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 125 posts

Posted 29 July 2023 - 07:28 PM

Fair play. Doesn't help that I went with "Legend" but seeing as that's the new flavour I figured I would stay with that however I see what your saying.

I actually think "Warrior" does sound a bit cooler tbh then legend haha. Also fits the idea better.

#6 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,138 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 29 July 2023 - 10:46 PM

Yes i'd make my Urbanmech with 2 Rac 5s and two mediums..

#7 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,070 posts

Posted 31 July 2023 - 01:50 AM

if i could roll my own hardponts and quirks thats fine. thats ultimately the value of the legendaries is they open up new loadout possibilities, aside from being a really good value with all the loot they come with. i think i buy them more for the loot than the mech.

bonuses are less important to me. the xp bonus only lasts till the mech is mastered, and little utility in using it to farm gxp when gsp is more frequently handed out in events. 30% cbill boost is not really that much unless stacked with premium time. especially if its in a mech that is sub-par. 30% of beans is still beans.

now if you want to sell more boosted items, by all means. id love to see items that allow trickle earning of mc. id pay cash for that. or items with higher boosts. legendries come with 3 boosted items each, and a lot of my hero inventory sports those to boost their bonuses now.

#8 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,070 posts

Posted 31 July 2023 - 01:58 AM

View PostImaginartFireball, on 29 July 2023 - 05:59 PM, said:

the outlier quirks have been less than valuable in a lot of cases. most of my legendary builds dont even use them.

platinums were also not really something i was going to do, i see it as buying dupes of mechs already in my inventory. bonus or no, bad camo or no, i dont see any value in those.

just sell boosted items, of all 3 types, with a 10% boost. then you can make anything a hero, or heroes even better.

Edited by LordNothing, 31 July 2023 - 02:02 AM.

#9 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 31 July 2023 - 04:06 AM

We've been asking for the ability to hero tag our mechs since they announced Yen-Lo-Wang.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users