Hpg Out Of Bounds

14 replies to this topic

#1 D Sync

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 135 posts

Posted 30 July 2023 - 01:06 PM

There is a spot where you can fall out of bounds and not be able to get back in even with JJ's.

That is BS.

How can fix this very simple issue?

#2 Mechwarrior2342356

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 30 July 2023 - 01:40 PM

View PostD Sync, on 30 July 2023 - 01:06 PM, said:

There is a spot where you can fall out of bounds and not be able to get back in even with JJ's.

That is BS.

Quit going there

#3 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 30 July 2023 - 02:05 PM

View PostD Sync, on 30 July 2023 - 01:06 PM, said:

That is BS.

Maybe report it to https://mwomercs.com...7-hpg-manifold/ instead of general discussion.
Give coordinates of the trap, way easier than try to look for it randomly.

#4 Therax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 119 posts

Posted 30 July 2023 - 06:44 PM

Actually you can get out of it if you have enough jump jets: https://clips.twitch...V-RtwrW27Eq7fzK

#5 Delete Dragon

• Pip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 July 2023 - 07:39 PM

LOL, I fell there the other day.That whole section of wall is a death trap.

#6 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 30 July 2023 - 07:51 PM

View PostTherax, on 30 July 2023 - 06:44 PM, said:

Actually you can get out of it if you have enough jump jets: https://clips.twitch...V-RtwrW27Eq7fzK
how much is enougj? assaults can usually only carry a max of 3.

#7 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 30 July 2023 - 11:54 PM

I dropped there too. But we are clever apes, so never again.

#8 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 31 July 2023 - 12:14 AM

dont screw around near death holes.

or we can put a safetey rail there, we will make it bright orange for visibility, so everyone can see any mech standing on that edge of the wall. for safety reasons.

why stop there. how about we spawn all 24 players inside indestructible cubes. that way nobody gets hurt.

Edited by LordNothing, 31 July 2023 - 12:21 AM.

#9 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 31 July 2023 - 05:11 AM

Nah I think I know what the OP is talking about, and it's just poor map design. There's a spot near spawn that is apparently flat and high up, but not out of JJ range or too near the out of bounds border. However if you jump up you realise, too late, that what should have been a flat surface is simply absent and you fall through into map geometry you can't get out of.

#10 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 31 July 2023 - 06:51 AM

Old map was better. No easy sniping.

#11 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 31 July 2023 - 07:05 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 31 July 2023 - 12:14 AM, said:

or we can put a safetey rail there, we will make it bright orange for visibility, so everyone can see any mech standing on that edge of the wall. for safety reasons.

why stop there. how about we spawn all 24 players inside indestructible cubes. that way nobody gets hurt.

When I got stuck on FWC pre revision I didn't make that mistake twice

Working on "foothold awareness" on Vitric top still

When I fell into middle deathpit on Crucible, at first I was pissed and then I laughed and tried to think of ways to bully people into the hole

Edited by the check engine light, 31 July 2023 - 07:07 AM.

#12 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 31 July 2023 - 12:03 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 31 July 2023 - 07:05 AM, said:

When I got stuck on FWC pre revision I didn't make that mistake twice

Working on "foothold awareness" on Vitric top still

When I fell into middle deathpit on Crucible, at first I was pissed and then I laughed and tried to think of ways to bully people into the hole

my first experience on the map was fighting a locust in the center platform. he didnt see what he was doing and fell in, the lava stole my kill.

#13 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 31 July 2023 - 12:08 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 31 July 2023 - 12:03 PM, said:

my first experience on the map was fighting a locust in the center platform. he didnt see what he was doing and fell in, the lava stole my kill.

WORTH IT

Yell "ANOTHER SACRIFICE TO KUKULCAN" over allchat

#14 Chloe Cole Kerensky

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 August 2023 - 08:12 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 31 July 2023 - 12:14 AM, said:

This had me LOL'ing

Next thing you know people will whine about team damage being allowed...

#15 Gilgamesh Hoi

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 August 2023 - 02:11 PM

That area is great and very clever design, a pilot with the right jjs and skill points spent can kill off unwary pursuers or at the very least delay them. I had the chance to discuss with one PGI guys right after introduction and it is intentional design for lateral-thinking, and one of several sweet spots to be introduced the last couple years.

That said, to the OP I totally understand how surprising and frustrating that kind of thing can be when you first run into it, all I can offer is that if you try to see the opportunities or warnings in those types of areas you quickly will. You might have also noticed that the area you are talking about is really open to raised central areas and running across it can get you shot, or spotted which means people go as close to that edge as they can, a pretty cool real-time risk/reward exercise.

I surely hope this thread doesn't get the area closed off or just to shut up complaints that PGI throws up some more invisible walls because they are so easy to implement.

*edit~ Also the quickest way to determine if something like this is intentional or not is if your jjs wont recharge and your speed is stuck with no movement, lord knows I've been caught on a ton of environmental snags, while you are waiting to die or the match to be over make sure to record the location on the map and report so it can be fixed in an upcoming patch.

Edited by Gilgamesh Hoi, 08 August 2023 - 02:16 PM.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users