The Armor Or Structure In The Mech Build Code Is Invalid

12 replies to this topic

#1 JL_Gotrocks

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 July 2023 - 08:33 PM

So what am I doing wrong?

I've all ready tried changing the armor around. I've even tried stripping it as far as it will let me. It still wont let me save the changes...

I took screen shots but I can't figure out how to post them here....

If it makes any difference, this is the Bushwacker Hero mech I just got in the Beach Party event.

Oh well, I'm going to go screw with it for a while so I can get even more pissed off!

Thanks for any help

#2 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 31 July 2023 - 08:59 PM

As in you've used too many critical slots? Change armour to standard instead of ferrous?

#3 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 31 July 2023 - 09:36 PM

Well, if you want to post screenshots, you need them hosted somewhere on the web and need a link that ends on a proper image extension, like .png or .jpg

Otherwise, you could post your build code for possible helpers to review.

#4 Marcel Leander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 124 posts

Posted 31 July 2023 - 09:39 PM

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you don't have to actually save to be able to export the code and share it here.

Are you trying to use someone else's build code from the internet? Possible it's no longer valid due to being before some mech rebalancing, or if it includes quirks you don't have - I'm not sure if that makes a difference, or it's not actually a build code for a High Roller, but some other variant.

Edited by Marcel Leander, 31 July 2023 - 09:43 PM.

#5 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,576 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 31 July 2023 - 09:44 PM

And maximum of 16 weapons on your mech (and this '16' includes AMS if any!)

eg: Crusader Crael with all '16' weapons loaded + AMS throws an error, since total of '17' weapons loaded.

Edited by w0qj, 31 July 2023 - 09:44 PM.

#6 JL_Gotrocks

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 July 2023 - 11:25 PM

View Postcrazytimes, on 31 July 2023 - 08:59 PM, said:

As in you've used too many critical slots? Change armour to standard instead of ferrous?

Its showing that I'm using 70 of 78 available slots and armor is 352 of 370

#7 JL_Gotrocks

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 July 2023 - 11:36 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 31 July 2023 - 09:36 PM, said:

Well, if you want to post screenshots, you need them hosted somewhere on the web and need a link that ends on a proper image extension, like .png or .jpg

Otherwise, you could post your build code for possible helpers to review.

That seems kind of stupid to me, but its their sandbox, I just play here....

Anyway, here is the build code... Hopefully its just something stupid I did and I'm not catching it. Sometimes, I'm not the brightest bulb...

Aj7=2:h0|i^|c?|Jdp\0|K@|1P|1P|2P|[<2q\0|K@|1P|1P|2P|[<2rQ0|F@|F@|F@sE0td0ud0vB0w@08080

View PostMarcel Leander, on 31 July 2023 - 09:39 PM, said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you don't have to actually save to be able to export the code and share it here.

Are you trying to use someone else's build code from the internet? Possible it's no longer valid due to being before some mech rebalancing, or if it includes quirks you don't have - I'm not sure if that makes a difference, or it's not actually a build code for a High Roller, but some other variant.

No, its something I came up with... when I was trying to figure out which free mech I wanted, I made some builds and saved them as I was trying to decide.

#8 JL_Gotrocks

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 July 2023 - 11:41 PM

View Postw0qj, on 31 July 2023 - 09:44 PM, said:

And maximum of 16 weapons on your mech (and this '16' includes AMS if any!)

eg: Crusader Crael with all '16' weapons loaded + AMS throws an error, since total of '17' weapons loaded.

6 weapons total... 2 LB5X, 3 er medium , and one medium pulse

I don't know if this makes a difference but it lets me take it into the testing grounds. I thought it wouldn't let you do that if something was invalid.

#9 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,576 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 01 August 2023 - 12:04 AM

OP's build in URL-friendly code for all to peruse:

https://mwo.nav-alph...237fe46a_BSW-HR

View PostJL_Gotrocks, on 31 July 2023 - 11:36 PM, said:

That seems kind of stupid to me, but its their sandbox, I just play here....

Anyway, here is the build code... Hopefully its just something stupid I did and I'm not catching it. Sometimes, I'm not the brightest bulb...

Aj7=2:h0|i^|c?|Jdp\0|K@|1P|1P|2P|[<2q\0|K@|1P|1P|2P|[<2rQ0|F@|F@|F@sE0td0ud0vB0w@08080

No, its something I came up with... when I was trying to figure out which free mech I wanted, I made some builds and saved them as I was trying to decide.

#10 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,980 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 August 2023 - 12:44 AM

If it will not let you save your build, 9/10 times its some weird bug with consumables or random armor/slot issues.

Strip the mech of armor and equipment, as well as consumables like artillery, cool-shots ect, then try to save.

If it saves, switch to a different mech, then switch back and try to import your build back in.

I've had similar issues in the past with other mechs, and this seems to be a fairly straightforward fix.

https://mwo.nav-alph...5ea2cd0a_BSW-HR

Try this.
XL on the bushwhacker is usually a fast way to die, torso hitboxes are easily cheese.

And btw, CASE will not protect nor lower critical hit chances for ammo stowed in the torso of an XL engine build, if your ammo gets cooked off by a high crit weapon like Snub-PPC's or machineguns,

Its going to do so much internal damage that your mech will explode from the inside if your ammo gets popped, odds are if your torso is armor stripped, you're going to pop soon anyway.

CASE is better either left out completely, or try to put it into the arms/legs with Case if you feel the need, or have slot space to spare with IS-XL builds.

Edited by Cyborne Elemental, 01 August 2023 - 02:36 PM.

#11 Marcel Leander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 124 posts

Posted 01 August 2023 - 08:17 AM

Yeah, seems to work fine for me. Is it giving you any warnings in the top left? Are there any parts here that you don't own that are more than you have c-bills to cover? Go to a free image hoster to upload your screenshots and then you can link them here. Imgbb or Postimages for instance.

#12 JL_Gotrocks

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 August 2023 - 02:00 AM

Thanks everyone. I'm still having the problem and I probably wont get a chance to mess with it until the weekend. It looks like 12 hour shifts at work this week and I have some other stuff going on... I'll let you know if I figure anything out. I will try stripping the armor again and see if it.

The only warnings I get are that there is no back armor if I strip all the armor from the mech and that there is no offensive weapons if I strip all the weapons.

#13 JL_Gotrocks

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 August 2023 - 02:48 AM

**FIXED**

So, what I did was I stripped everything off and then I pulled up the load out on my other computer. I followed along and added all of the weapons on, one section at a time and then saved before I moved on to the next section. When I was done, I had my exact build, weapons and armor, and no error.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users