Mwo Comp Championship Series 2023

97 replies to this topic

#81 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 541 posts

Posted 22 August 2023 - 05:14 AM

Is this event for overly serious ppl? i want in but I just want to have fun and maybe reap some rewards in the process.

I decided to get discord...but can't do anything, still wrapping my head around how to navigate through the menus and features...still at lost...not sure what is it that I'm supposed to be doing with discord even though I found the MWOleagues thing....

Edited by simon1812, 22 August 2023 - 05:45 AM.

#82 Guta

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 August 2023 - 08:57 PM

My favorite MWO comp experience was almost making top 40 in a rewards team 2 or 3 years ago. No one had time to practice outside of the comp days, so all improvement was done in the matches and in the queue while waiting for the next match. As a terrible player it was definitely far better than i expected we would place, and we got the rewards to boot.

#83 plodder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 996 posts
  • Locationbetwixt the seen and heard, underneath the upperhanded, above the underhanded. Sunlit with a cloudy background.

Posted 22 August 2023 - 10:18 PM

View Postsimon1812, on 22 August 2023 - 05:14 AM, said:

Is this event for overly serious ppl? i want in but I just want to have fun and maybe reap some rewards in the process.

I decided to get discord...but can't do anything, still wrapping my head around how to navigate through the menus and features...still at lost...not sure what is it that I'm supposed to be doing with discord even though I found the MWOleagues thing....

All skill levels. There will be many casual teams playing for the fun and goodies

#84 ghost1e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 403 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationReigning World Champion

Posted 23 August 2023 - 04:52 AM

My favorite comp experience was one of our CS2020 strats, "yo flep, let's trade 2v6 and hope we survive long enough for our zimbabwe flank to work out".

Disconnecting in the grand final in 2021 is also definitely up there. Posted Image

#85 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 269 posts

Posted 23 August 2023 - 05:13 AM

My Favorite Comp Experience was making top 12 last year. It was a huge goal and step for us and I will always be grateful to all of those who helped us accomplish it.

#86 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 23 August 2023 - 01:33 PM

My favorite comp experience was: getting up at some ridiculous early hour on Saturday morning (EST) last year to try to find and fight CXF in the Oceanic window. They were undefeated at the time and we got a nice chunk of elo off a couple of wins (they got us back a week later…kudos to them). We were just suffering though the tiredness as a team, but to be the first to get a W off them made it worth the sacrifice.

#87 Naganis

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2023 - 07:27 PM

Looking forward to getting better!

#88 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 541 posts

Posted 24 August 2023 - 05:43 AM

View Postplodder, on 22 August 2023 - 10:18 PM, said:

All skill levels. There will be many casual teams playing for the fun and goodies

That's what I want, but having problem finding a team, I just got discord (everyone is trying to sell me discord) and it's just very frustrating right now, I dont know how to navigate through discord, don't remember facebook or Twitter being this convoluted. Im at the discord right now, looking at the "servers" got into the one for Comstar collection agency and I'm not sure what Im looking at, it isn't like the MWO forums either, so Im at lost.

#89 Shookies

• PipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 25 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 25 Qualifier
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 August 2023 - 02:22 PM

This will be my first CS. These events really add a lot of fun new ways to play this great game.

#90 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 541 posts

Posted 26 August 2023 - 03:09 PM

View PostShookies, on 24 August 2023 - 02:22 PM, said:

This will be my first CS. These events really add a lot of fun new ways to play this great game.

My too...if I manage to get into a team that is.

#91 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 541 posts

Posted 27 August 2023 - 02:45 PM

Ok my favorite Comp Play experience happened last night, been playing this game for over a year now, but it was only last night that I finally joined a comp team, and signed up for discord (sighs...yea discord just ends up making things easier) and realized....I have been ...missing on this whole time! It's just a different dynamic going on when you can communicate and organize better, with your team, it just is!

The first couple of matches were great but then we started to get shot in the leg often...very often, and didn't see light for the rest of the night. But it was still so much fun...hope they don't kick I don't think I really pulled my weight, the other teams were just pretty good though. Still looking forward for next Thursday/friday night for comp play.

PS

If you guys are new to MWO or are just not part of a competitive team, that has to change. That is if you really want to make the best out of your experience playing this game, get discord, wrap you head around it, and find an active team, dont be shy.

#92 cranect

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 460 posts

Posted 28 August 2023 - 11:27 PM

I know its too late but still figured Id share. A few years ago in Blood League playing with P1E we tried some ridiculous things and somehow they would work. This was probably my favorite match followed by our 2 weeks against Bears Brawlers because playing against them is always a good time. Seeing what nonsense can occur is half the fun for me. And when it works its even better.

https://youtu.be/RyI...J8_U_LiPA5VuDqE

#93 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 541 posts

Posted 04 September 2023 - 08:03 PM

Whay are the invitational knockouts? ... Or what were they should I say?

#94 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 541 posts

Posted 02 October 2023 - 08:31 PM

So whats next here?

#95 Phil Myaz

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 03 October 2023 - 06:32 PM

View Postsimon1812, on 24 August 2023 - 05:43 AM, said:

That's what I want, but having problem finding a team, I just got discord (everyone is trying to sell me discord) and it's just very frustrating right now, I dont know how to navigate through discord, don't remember facebook or Twitter being this convoluted. Im at the discord right now, looking at the "servers" got into the one for Comstar collection agency and I'm not sure what Im looking at, it isn't like the MWO forums either, so Im at lost.

Found a team yet? Check out this https://discord.gg/uudmYHZ2 under #cs-23-reward-team-recruitment. Plenty of teams still looking for players and any can join to play after the try hard compies are out of the queue.

#96 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 541 posts

Posted 04 October 2023 - 09:15 AM

View PostPhil Myaz, on 03 October 2023 - 06:32 PM, said:

Found a team yet? Check out this https://discord.gg/uudmYHZ2 under #cs-23-reward-team-recruitment. Plenty of teams still looking for players and any can join to play after the try hard compies are out of the queue.

Yes I did, it was pretty cool, we only won like a dozen matches in our way to the 60 matches goal, but it was fun, working with a team and communicating is lots of fun.

PGI should promote more tournaments, with like several circuits(?), so not just the top 12 out of several hundred teams have the chance to make it.

Edited by simon1812, 04 October 2023 - 09:18 AM.

#97 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 541 posts

Posted 22 October 2023 - 07:04 AM

Ok question: will the rewards be injected on October 24th? If not then when?

#98 ghost1e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 403 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationReigning World Champion

Posted 30 October 2023 - 03:00 AM

View Postsimon1812, on 22 October 2023 - 07:04 AM, said:

Ok question: will the rewards be injected on October 24th? If not then when?

most likely after the playoffs are over, so either Dec patch or Jan patch

p.s.: you can watch the playoffs here: https://www.twitch.tv/mwoleagues (schedule: https://play.toornam...13978840702976/)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users