#41 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 12 August 2023 - 03:23 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 11 August 2023 - 08:48 AM, said:

It might be whatever speaker you are playing your voice from colours vocals in a particular way, or your microphone, or both? Is your voice particularly deep? Maybe the lower end of your speech is being cut out.

its about average for a male my age. it just seems that way on any mic i use. (you wont believe the **** i used to get in the military for it)

as for my talkativeness it varies drastically from day to day and even match to match. Crazy likely caught me on one of my "i just wont shut up days.". we all have our flaws and i accept mine.

Edited by VeeOt Dragon, 12 August 2023 - 03:25 AM.

#42 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,834 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 12 August 2023 - 09:20 AM

I've been playing this game for a long time. No matter how poorly or well I do, I will experience losing streaks, with a number of stomps, and vice versa. It just happens, with most streaks lasting no longer that five matches.

And yes, gitting gudder helped. Posted Image

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Edited by CFC Conky, 12 August 2023 - 09:23 AM.

#43 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,980 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 August 2023 - 09:00 PM

I think going to 8v8 or 9v9 would be the best solution.

Next best would be getting some kind of BV system (Battle Value) where DPS-s, Max DPS and Max Alpha Firepower have some influence in the MM.

The snowball effect of 12 v 12 losses can quickly add up to massive amounts of firepower gains vs the remaining players on a losing team.

Once it hits 6-0, its so easy to just single out and focus down anyone left.

FP is still dead, QP is a meatgrinder of RNGJ.

Also the whole "Hey lets drop 6 new Assaults within a 2 month span with bloated hardpoints" did not help the situation.

Another issue I see is this.

How can you expect the niche playerbase to be sustained, when there is "NO ANTI-CHEAT" on an engine that has a ridiculous vulnerability and no sign of any attempt by PGI to implement even basic countermeasures past a report feature...

I doubt aimbots have much play in MWO, too easily spotted by both spectating, and admins reviewing a replay.
But Sound effect tweaking, or Wallhacks to see through terrain to always know where the enemy players are, is much more likely.

Back to the MM..
Nothing can fix a bad team, or playing the predictable potato nascar.

#44 Mechwarrior2342356

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 12 August 2023 - 09:24 PM

View PostCyborne Elemental, on 12 August 2023 - 09:00 PM, said:

Back to the MM.. Nothing can fix a bad team

MM's purpose in QP is to try and ensure even distribution of player skill. A team is the sum of its players. A better MM would indeed fix "bad teams" or at least ameliorate the issue. Differentiate flukes from consistency. Further break down the topmost tier to differentiate and balance out team composition. Everything else flows from that. A player who has 20:1 win-loss and 5:1 kill-death is not being challenged. Start challenging him. Quit feeding him a steady diet of easy prey.

View PostCyborne Elemental, on 12 August 2023 - 09:00 PM, said:

or playing the predictable potato nascar.

Map design.

Edited by the check engine light, 12 August 2023 - 09:25 PM.

30 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 30 guests, 0 anonymous users