Is The Vapor Eagle Hero The Lowest Skilled Mech To Play Ever?

26 replies to this topic

#1 Slowth

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 August 2023 - 01:49 AM

Two Clan ER PPC's and three Clan Heavy Machine guns, Masc, JJ's makes this mech one of the lowest skilled, Easiest to play mechs ever. Jump around, go decent speed, brings good fire power in every range.
Is this the "all time" lowest skill required mech?

Edited by Slowth, 13 August 2023 - 01:52 AM.

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 13 August 2023 - 02:21 AM

View PostSlowth, on 13 August 2023 - 01:49 AM, said:

Two Clan ER PPC's and three Clan Heavy Machine guns, Masc, JJ's makes this mech one of the lowest skilled, Easiest to play mechs ever. Jump around, go decent speed, brings good fire power in every range.

really? i bought one of those recently and i cant really say ive had fun with it. of course i bought it with a bunch of other heroes and i haven't really put that many games on it. i think i picked up my deathwish on that round of heroes and liked it better.

Edited by LordNothing, 13 August 2023 - 02:21 AM.

#3 Mechwarrior2342356

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 13 August 2023 - 06:21 AM

Rival's sort of meh. Tried CERPPCs, tried CLPLS and MGs, and now I'm trying UAC2s.

#4 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,576 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 13 August 2023 - 06:56 AM

Whatever mech works well with your play style is always good, especially a Hero mech! ;)

#5 Nine-Ball

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 657 posts

Posted 13 August 2023 - 08:56 AM

Like, ran without pilot skills like heat generation, armor and structural skills?

Or a complete new player can run a vape eagle and do good?

#6 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 13 August 2023 - 09:05 AM

View PostNine-Ball, on 13 August 2023 - 08:56 AM, said:

Like, ran without pilot skills like heat generation, armor and structural skills?

Or a complete new player can run a vape eagle and do good?

Triple LPL Veagle is stupid good out of box, with skills it's excellent and it should be the trial Veagle imo

#7 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,834 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 13 August 2023 - 09:14 AM

The Rival is strong with 2xCERPPC (no MGs), MASC and such, as long as you are handy at shooting on the move.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#8 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 13 August 2023 - 09:23 AM

View PostCFC Conky, on 13 August 2023 - 09:14 AM, said:

The Rival is strong with 2xCERPPC (no MGs), MASC and such, as long as you are handy at shooting on the move.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

I've seen people do well with that, I already have a PPC Veagle and like it better on the 1 or 3. Rival is the only UAC friendly Veagle. Dakka Rival is a Dakka Dragon with JJs and MASC and left side peek (and less armor).

#9 Bassault

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 392 posts

Posted 13 August 2023 - 09:41 AM

I don't think so. The Veagle-3 is even easier. Just 3 ERPPCs. No arm weapons, just mindless spacebar and shoot. But PPCs take skill to aim. Therefor, you have to look further to easiest playstyles. As far as aiming, SRMs and MRMs take no skill at all but the positioning required to make them work is not insignificant. Ballistics are just hard to use in every way, so they don't count. However, Laservomit is pretty braindead, you can't miss and it deals a lot of dmg. All you have to do is peek, shoot, then take cover, repeat. Then, give it ECM and give it perfect mounts. Hellbringer ECM Laservomit. That has to be the mech that requires the least amount of skill.

Honorary Mentions: Timberwolf ECM Laservomit, same as hellbringer but has worse mounts although it has better DPS. Hunchback IIC-A, same as the hellbringer but doesn't have ECM but it's mounts are even better. Grasshopper laservomit is also quite handheld but it has no ECM.

#10 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 519 posts

Posted 13 August 2023 - 10:58 AM

if you think this is easy mode, you've never piloted a noobernova-a with 4xlrm20a
-or something similar.
also thinking about erLL-trolling.
PLENTY of optimised mechs running around, but at least
the 2xppcs require aiming ;)

#11 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 13 August 2023 - 11:14 AM

View PostBassault, on 13 August 2023 - 09:41 AM, said:

I don't think so. The Veagle-3 is even easier. Just 3 ERPPCs. No arm weapons, just mindless spacebar and shoot. But PPCs take skill to aim. Therefor, you have to look further to easiest playstyles. As far as aiming, SRMs and MRMs take no skill at all but the positioning required to make them work is not insignificant. Ballistics are just hard to use in every way, so they don't count. However, Laservomit is pretty braindead, you can't miss and it deals a lot of dmg. All you have to do is peek, shoot, then take cover, repeat. Then, give it ECM and give it perfect mounts. Hellbringer ECM Laservomit. That has to be the mech that requires the least amount of skill.

Honorary Mentions: Timberwolf ECM Laservomit, same as hellbringer but has worse mounts although it has better DPS. Hunchback IIC-A, same as the hellbringer but doesn't have ECM but it's mounts are even better. Grasshopper laservomit is also quite handheld but it has no ECM.

TBR A left torso, TBR S CT, TBR BH right torso and arms. Left torso is god mounts. Right torso is ECM+ another E hardpoint.

MADIIC 3CLPL 6ERML, XL360. It's faster than some heavies, can alpha twice in a row easily with 27DHS and a TC, MADIIC geo. LT has a high E point.

BAS A with a BAS C right arm and the torsos that give 6 E total. Godmounts for peek, 6 LPL or 6 ERLL with a massive TC and ECM+a JJ, same speed as a NTG. The LPL version is ****-stupid good, better than the 6 LPL Dire and the ERLL version is the best hillpeek sniper I can think of.

Edited by the check engine light, 13 August 2023 - 11:26 AM.

#12 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,980 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 August 2023 - 02:20 PM

V-eagle Rival is a great mech, with huge vulnerabilities.

Namely, it really needs arm structure and arm armor buffs.
Why? Because that is where its weapons are.

Almost all of the standard VGL's are capable of some impressive builds, mostly as its the only CLAN medium Battlemech as far as I know, thus it has alot of freedom for customizing it to a specific purpose.

Dual Clan AC-10's, triple ERPPC.. but no quirks aside from small JJ bonuses.

The VGL's 2&3 are the most fielded variants of the bunch, because they're so versatile, and you can strip the arms for even more tonnage.

Its funny how much 5 tons of extra weight can get you in the medium bracket.

The HBK-IIC comes close, but is not as sleek and is easier to hit due to the bulky geometry.

#13 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 13 August 2023 - 02:26 PM

View PostCyborne Elemental, on 13 August 2023 - 02:20 PM, said:

V-eagle Rival is a great mech, with huge vulnerabilities.

Namely, it really needs arm structure and arm armor buffs.
Why? Because that is where its weapons are.

Almost all of the standard VGL's are capable of some impressive builds, mostly as its the only CLAN medium Battlemech as far as I know, thus it has alot of freedom for customizing it to a specific purpose.

Dual Clan AC-10's, triple ERPPC.. but no quirks aside from small JJ bonuses.

The VGL's 2&3 are the most fielded variants of the bunch, because they're so versatile, and you can strip the arms for even more tonnage.

Its funny how much 5 tons of extra weight can get you in the medium bracket.

The HBK-IIC comes close, but is not as sleek and is easier to hit due to the bulky geometry.

HBKIIC relies heavily on godmounts in STs, arms are completely strippable except on Hero maybe and the hero is mostly dog **** with one decent trick. It can bring the pain and it occupies a different role from the VGL generally. VGL is more agile IIRC. HBKIIC is good, most VGLs are better. Even Rival has a neat Stupid Mech Trick, Deathwish is pretty unremarkable by comparison. Arctic Wolf has Battlemech variants and it's largely a great chassis in the 40t slot.

#14 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 13 August 2023 - 03:20 PM

Heh no. The rival is not a low skill friendly mech. It can be quite good in a good players hands via the masc mobility but you have to protect that weapon arm and know your maps and positioning. But in the end its the masc that makes it good not the weapons or quirks. Mobility is strong in the current meta.

#15 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 13 August 2023 - 03:58 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 13 August 2023 - 02:21 AM, said:

really? i bought one of those recently and i cant really say ive had fun with it. of course i bought it with a bunch of other heroes and i haven't really put that many games on it. i think i picked up my deathwish on that round of heroes and liked it better.

That's not surprising, the Deathwish is quite a bit better.

The Frenzy is probably a better low skill entry medium hero for lower tiers and still quite a solid higher skill mech for those that spend time learning and getting good with srm grouping ranging and cycle timing. Being able to put down a near 90 point cycle followed by mixed time cds to sustain when you find a position to punish. Only real issue is lack of ability to get uavs down - which isn't even a thing most people do anyhow.

Edited by sycocys, 13 August 2023 - 04:07 PM.

#16 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts
  • LocationCasamassima, Bari, south Italy

Posted 13 August 2023 - 05:04 PM

View PostSlowth, on 13 August 2023 - 01:49 AM, said:

with just 2 erppcs and all the rest it's one of the strongest mechs in the game......you are wrong though on the part where you say it's easy mode: as you can see from the comments above, most people are too weak to even remotely comprehend how broken op it is.

#17 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,980 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 August 2023 - 05:11 PM

View PostD A T A, on 13 August 2023 - 05:04 PM, said:

with just 2 erppcs and all the rest it's one of the strongest mechs in the game......you are wrong though on the part where you say it's easy mode: as you can see from the comments above, most people are too weak to even remotely comprehend how broken op it is.

Vid time. :)

#18 Bassault

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 392 posts

Posted 13 August 2023 - 05:59 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 13 August 2023 - 11:14 AM, said:

TBR A left torso, TBR S CT, TBR BH right torso and arms. Left torso is god mounts. Right torso is ECM+ another E hardpoint.

MADIIC 3CLPL 6ERML, XL360. It's faster than some heavies, can alpha twice in a row easily with 27DHS and a TC, MADIIC geo. LT has a high E point.

BAS A with a BAS C right arm and the torsos that give 6 E total. Godmounts for peek, 6 LPL or 6 ERLL with a massive TC and ECM+a JJ, same speed as a NTG. The LPL version is ****-stupid good, better than the 6 LPL Dire and the ERLL version is the best hillpeek sniper I can think of.

The problem with the TBR is that the arm lasers are super low and ******. Meanwhile a hellbringer and Hunchback IIC can just do a full alpha with torso only or torso mostly. Blood Asp with arm lasers is usually very bad, unless it's 4 lpl 6 ermed with most of the lasers in the torsos. The problem I see with that Marauder IIC is that it loses it's side torsos so quickly and it steers like an 18 wheeler, so it isn't as easy to play as the other laservomit mechs I mentioned. The mounts are also dreadful.

Now that DATA has come, it reminded me of a few other handheld contenders. Along with the Hellbringer ECM Laservomit, the Urbanmech with 2 snub and ECM is quite possibly one of the most handheld braindead mechs imaginable. At close range the PPCs aren't that hard to use and it has insane armor so you can **** up as much as you want and never get punished. Furthermore, it has ECM and very good mounts so it's pretty much unpunishable if you don't suicide yourself. Just poptart endlessly and obtain an undeserved victory.

Edited by Bassault, 13 August 2023 - 06:07 PM.

#19 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 13 August 2023 - 06:25 PM

View PostBassault, on 13 August 2023 - 05:59 PM, said:

The problem with the TBR is that the arm lasers are super low and ******. Meanwhile a hellbringer and Hunchback IIC can just do a full alpha with torso only or torso mostly. Blood Asp with arm lasers is usually very bad, unless it's 4 lpl 6 ermed with most of the lasers in the torsos. The problem I see with that Marauder IIC is that it loses it's side torsos so quickly and it steers like an 18 wheeler, so it isn't as easy to play as the other laservomit mechs I mentioned. The mounts are also dreadful.

Now that DATA has come, it reminded me of a few other handheld contenders. Along with the Hellbringer ECM Laservomit, the Urbanmech with 2 snub and ECM is quite possibly one of the most handheld braindead mechs imaginable. At close range the PPCs aren't that hard to use and it has insane armor so you can **** up as much as you want and never get punished. Furthermore, it has ECM and very good mounts so it's pretty much unpunishable if you don't suicide yourself. Just poptart endlessly and obtain an undeserved victory.

I just use the 6 E in those torsos. The C arm with the single E gives a quirk, the other arm is completely unimportant. Think I just put one of the arms with an armor quirk on the other.

#20 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,576 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 13 August 2023 - 06:45 PM

As it turns out, JGx DATA did do a recent video on 2x ERPPC in the Right Arm of Vapor Eagle Rival hero mech from 5 months ago!

Enjoy Posted Image

View PostD A T A, on 13 August 2023 - 05:04 PM, said:

View PostCyborne Elemental, on 13 August 2023 - 05:11 PM, said:

Vid time. Posted Image

View PostMeep Meep, on 13 August 2023 - 03:20 PM, said:

Heh no. The rival is not a low skill friendly mech. It can be quite good in a good players hands via the masc mobility but you have to protect that weapon arm and know your maps and positioning. But in the end its the masc that makes it good not the weapons or quirks. Mobility is strong in the current meta.

Edited by w0qj, 13 August 2023 - 06:47 PM.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users