Map And Game Mode Feedback

20 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 01 August 2023 - 04:41 PM

MAP AND GAME MODE FEEDBACK
Greetings MechWarriors, we're looking for feedback!
What are you favorite maps? Least favorite? Game modes?
We appreciate you taking your time to let us know!

#2 Znozoic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 133 posts
  • Locationin the *** of the world, literally (argentina)

Posted 02 August 2023 - 04:02 AM

1st :D

#3 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 02 August 2023 - 05:26 PM

View PostZnozoic, on 02 August 2023 - 04:02 AM, said:

1st Posted Image

That's because everyone else is posting on the poll... :D

#4 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 519 posts

Posted 03 August 2023 - 02:42 AM

first: thx for the poll, but:

you should maybe with 1-2 sentences explain what this poll is good, for.

-is it to assess what's good and what not and what's get changed? what get's thrown out of the game?

-is that done a "Logical" way in that the popular stuff stays unchanged or is it done in a chris&paul-style* were you take what works and kill that?

-is there a "plan" on what has priority? maps or modes?

etc. just give us some rough ideas. nobody needs a fully fleshed out article on what may or may not be,
but 1-2 official sentences explaining this would be nice Posted Image

*sorry to explain it that way, but everybody will have an idea without writing textbooks

Edited by Captain Caveman DE, 03 August 2023 - 02:43 AM.

#5 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,481 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 03 August 2023 - 03:45 AM

Page 2 of the related forum thread (see above) already clarified by Frost_Byte:
https://mwomercs.com...ck/page__st__20

View PostFrost_Byte, on 01 August 2023 - 07:14 PM, said:

To clarify a few things that I saw were asked in this thread.

1) Ceres fix in August patch will fix the pink bug for AMD users. That's the primary fix for the map.

2) The map designs comes from Krazzdaxx, we have faith in his work and his ideas.

3) I made this poll to see if I could take what you all liked and didn't like and update the bias of our matchmaker. There are parameters for how often a map or mode shows up, and I wanted to take this information and work with Cauldron and other members at PGI to see if we can update these parameters for something more enjoyable for the players. Not cut out a map entirely, but if something is really hated then reduce the frequency of it showing up.

#6 Znozoic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 133 posts
  • Locationin the *** of the world, literally (argentina)

Posted 03 August 2023 - 05:12 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 02 August 2023 - 05:26 PM, said:

That's because everyone else is posting on the poll... Posted Image

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dont tell nothing.... JAJAJAJjajajajajajaja

#7 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,265 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 03 August 2023 - 10:49 AM

I'll have to catch up with this as soon as I possibly can. I hope that my window of opportunity is not completely missed because of everything which keeps derailing me. :(

~D. V. "Maps? Game Modes? Yeah, I got some Feedback, but missing time to give it." Devnull

#8 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 03 August 2023 - 11:50 AM

Just "SHIFT+DEL" or "rm -rf" the Tourmalines on Tourmaline and give us that map back that somehow turned out to be GREAT!!!111oneoneone while actually being bugged! Posted Image Posted Image

Another great fix would be this : https://mwomercs.com...ff-on-all-maps/

And last but not least :
if GameMode==Conquest
then { Please.Select.Your.Favorite.Light.Mech };

Posted Image

#9 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 902 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 03 August 2023 - 12:04 PM

Voted.

Maybe some fix on Alpine peaks would occur after this (and Solaris city!)...

#10 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 745 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 04 August 2023 - 01:18 PM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 03 August 2023 - 12:04 PM, said:

Voted.

Maybe some fix on Alpine peaks would occur after this (and Solaris city!)...

Sadly, judging by the explanation in the other thread this will only serve to see Alpine Peaks even less in the voting screen than the paltry amount of times we see it now. No fixes, even if those are looooooooooooong overdue and sorely needed for that map...

#11 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,137 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 August 2023 - 05:38 AM

View PostPraetorGix, on 04 August 2023 - 01:18 PM, said:

Sadly, judging by the explanation in the other thread this will only serve to see Alpine Peaks even less in the voting screen than the paltry amount of times we see it now. No fixes, even if those are looooooooooooong overdue and sorely needed for that map...

Sounds good to me.

#12 CwStrife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 254 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 August 2023 - 07:04 PM

View PostPraetorGix, on 04 August 2023 - 01:18 PM, said:

They've needed to just hit delete on alpine peaks to fix it.

#13 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 09 August 2023 - 08:22 PM

View PostCwStrife, on 08 August 2023 - 07:04 PM, said:

They've needed to just hit delete on alpine peaks to fix it.

It really is delete and start over at this point.

Alpine looks nice but it has always had problems and there have been multiple attempt to fix it but the problems remain.

#14 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 August 2023 - 06:51 AM

I really see no need to "fix" Alpine. Just delete Domination from it. There's so many little paths and routes that teams can take to use terrain to get closer, especially now that low ramps have been cut in the backside of the mountain. A good team can brawl on Alpine. You've just gotta get to the right places and know how to use the terrain. Elevation isn't even a guarantee of victory. I can't begin to say how many times I've been uphill and gotten stomped by the downhill team.

We just need to spread out the combat. I can certainly see a benefit to spreading the conquest points out so that you can't cover three of them from one spot.

#15 Raydeen

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 August 2023 - 08:39 AM

Hellbore springs could use some changes. it has a lot of elevation problems and 80% of the map is completely unused because of it. The map selection is already low, i wouldn't ask to remove a map and make it more boring than it already is.

Edited by Raydeen, 10 August 2023 - 08:43 AM.

#16 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 August 2023 - 09:39 AM

View PostRaydeen, on 10 August 2023 - 08:39 AM, said:

Hellbore springs could use some changes. it has a lot of elevation problems and 80% of the map is completely unused because of it. The map selection is already low, i wouldn't ask to remove a map and make it more boring than it already is.

That's because when they "made a new map based on a Faction Map", they literally took the faction map and took away the invisible walls (out of bounds areas), took away the faction assets, and added some trees and grass. The reason the elevation changes are there are to divide and redirect the faction map, preventing the attacking team from just jump jetting over the ridge into the back of the base, but having to go through the gates, and choke points, etc, etc.

The precedent everyone was expecting, which made Hellebore a significant disappointment, was when Grim Plexus was made, based on Grim Portico. They used a lot of the assets, and the same general color, buildings, etc. Sure. But the map size and shape are completely different, and the overall layout and landscape is completely different. Grim Portico looks like a crooked phallus, and is long and skinny, with bottlenecks. Grim Plexus is wide open and round, with a perimeter ring dividing the map into an "inside" and "outside".

But of course, doing the work to actually create a new map, instead of just redecorating an existing FP map, requires a lot more creativity and skill. Then we got the same treatment, two more times, before they finally realized they weren't getting their money's worth and gave up.

#17 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 631 posts

Posted 11 August 2023 - 08:22 AM

I would say my least favorite game mode is domination. it is MWO at its worst. any other game mode can result in a good and fun match in a very natural manner if the players are competent pilots and support each other. Domination though, needs well coordinated players that communicate and know how to play as a team. If those conditions are not present, expect a mess in which the team that screws the least wins.

Specially hate domination when it comes up on a Faction Play. waiting up to an hour to get in a match, just for the match to end in your second drop ... if that

Ps

No ideas for new game modes? In all this decade long no body have suggested something new? Or better? Or.noticed anything from PGI's perspective and insight that would result in a viable idea for a game mode? Only been playing for a Little over a year so I dont know, that's why I ask.

#18 Ch0c0L4t3m1Lk

• PipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 August 2023 - 08:36 PM

you need to hurry up with that update to that new crap map. its so pink and red 99% of the time i cant see targets or target locks. if i turn on thermal to counter the pink, i cant see targets at long range. im dropping rank in your crap ranking system because i cant see any HUD info thats red, which is all of it. i can lock somethign but then i cant see where the lock is on screen because everything is pink/red. you already had a pink map, how did you not learn from that? why do i have to lose rank in your crap system because of a beta map with a colossal glitch?

#19 KingCobra

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 August 2023 - 07:27 AM

It's always the same joke on the player base from PGI with these polls. They take the poll get tons of good comments and advice of what the player base wants then totally ignores it all in favor of what they want to do, or the idiotic Caldron and the group player's needs.

So, I would not get too excited about this thread they will probably just shuffle a few maps in the meat grinder of a MM and call it good.

#20 Vonbach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 697 posts

Posted 15 August 2023 - 10:46 AM

Bring back the old HPG. It was the best map in the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users