• Driven
  • Driven
  • 347 posts

Posted 18 August 2023 - 07:36 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 18 August 2023 - 07:18 PM, said:

Streak LRMs...

No. Just no.

View PostC337Skymaster, on 18 August 2023 - 07:32 PM, said:

PPS: Looks to me like the Viper wasn't the planned Legendary for this month? Some of the lasers coming out of the Executioner in the thumbnail aren't possible, yet (one looks head-mounted).

It was, and the exe is something else <3

View Post-OUTLAW-, on 18 August 2023 - 06:55 PM, said:

The new Mechs are always strong when they first come out, then they are "balanced" into mediocrity shortly after being released for C-Bills.

lmfao

#22 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,451 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 August 2023 - 07:39 PM

View PostRhaelcan, on 18 August 2023 - 07:36 PM, said:

No. Just no.

Muuuaaahahahahaha!!!

#23 Heavy Money

• The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 18 August 2023 - 07:41 PM

View Post-OUTLAW-, on 18 August 2023 - 06:55 PM, said:

The new Mechs are always strong when they first come out, then they are "balanced" into mediocrity shortly after being released for C-Bills.

No they aren't. Only a few new mechs have had to be adjusted, and those were blatantly too powerful. Lots of new mechs have not needed any changes. And lots of the top mechs in the game aren't new.

#24 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,451 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 August 2023 - 07:42 PM

Actually, Streak LRMs would be harder to use than regulars in this game, because they won't dumb-fire, but you can still get behind cover to make them hit something else. The only thing they won't do is track straight when your ECM kicks back on. You would actually have to find hard cover to survive the salvo, based on the way Streaks are fire-and-forget.

#25 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 750 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 18 August 2023 - 07:47 PM

HOLY SH*T!!! Didn't even finish reading the notes, I'm happy to see you made the X pulses into laser machine guns! And the fact you made all the lasers different colors is AWESOME!
I wanted to be hyped for the HAGs but that ludicrous amount of shells and spread makes them DoA with TT size and weight taken into consideration. I hope you are quick to rebalance those because I would bet money they WILL need a buff as soon as they go live.

#26 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 697 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 18 August 2023 - 07:47 PM

With the new weapons won't pretty much every mech's quirks need to be adjusted? I'd assume there will be variants that will have HAG/binary laser/x-pulse laser quirks.

#27 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 750 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 18 August 2023 - 07:59 PM

no, wait, wait. Now I finished reading the notes. Why the F are only clan mechs being nerfed on the ECM nodes??? WTF? And nobody even posted a mention about it? How is everyone fine with that? What were these Gulag people thinking? And it's a very substantial nerf at that, why?

#28 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Driven
  • Driven
  • 347 posts

Posted 18 August 2023 - 08:00 PM

View Post-Ramrod-, on 18 August 2023 - 07:47 PM, said:

With the new weapons won't pretty much every mech's quirks need to be adjusted? I'd assume there will be variants that will have HAG/binary laser/x-pulse laser quirks.

They go off of their parent groups. So binary uses large laser quirks, Xpulses use pulse quirks, hags use gauss quirks

View PostPraetorGix, on 18 August 2023 - 07:47 PM, said:

HOLY SH*T!!! Didn't even finish reading the notes, I'm happy to see you made the X pulses into laser machine guns! And the fact you made all the lasers different colors is AWESOME!
I wanted to be hyped for the HAGs but that ludicrous amount of shells and spread makes them DoA with TT size and weight taken into consideration. I hope you are quick to rebalance those because I would bet money they WILL need a buff as soon as they go live.

Hags are fine, the spread is needed.

View PostPraetorGix, on 18 August 2023 - 07:59 PM, said:

no, wait, wait. Now I finished reading the notes. Why the F are only clan mechs being nerfed on the ECM nodes??? WTF? And nobody even posted a mention about it? How is everyone fine with that? What were these Gulag people thinking? And it's a very substantial nerf at that, why?

Because almost every clan mech, especially omnis, can mount ECM without any issue, to the point where it has became a problem. IS mechs with ECM, not so much.

#29 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 750 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 18 August 2023 - 08:06 PM

View PostRhaelcan, on 18 August 2023 - 08:00 PM, said:

Because almost every clan mech, especially omnis, can mount ECM without any issue, to the point where it has became a problem. IS mechs with ECM, not so much.

It has become a problem for whom? you and your lurmboats? If you want to use an omnipod with ECM you are generally losing most other weapon ports in that component except a couple outliers like the Hellbringer. And if according to you ECM "has became a problem" then every mech using ECM is a problem, IS mechs included. if ECM is a problem you nerf ECM, you don't shaft clan mechs, or at the very least you do it carefully, not wiping 7% off the functionality of the nodes.
If you like these heavy handed changes that's your prerogative, but don't try to sell them to me like they are enlightened improvements everybody was clamoring for.

Edited by PraetorGix, 18 August 2023 - 08:14 PM.

#30 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Driven
  • Driven
  • 347 posts

Posted 18 August 2023 - 08:12 PM

View PostPraetorGix, on 18 August 2023 - 08:06 PM, said:

It has become a problem for who? you and your lurmboats? If you want to use an omnipod with ECM you are generally losing most other weapon ports in that component except a couple outliers like the Hellbringer. And if according to you ECM "has became a problem" then every mech using ECM is a problem, IS mechs included. if ECM is a problem you nerf ECM, you don't shaft clan mechs, or at the very least you do it carefully, not wiping 7% off the functionality of the nodes.
If you like these heavy handed changes that's your prerogative, but don't try to sell them to me like they are enlightened improvements everybody was clamoring for.

LMFAO ME AND MY LURMBOATS! No, it was a problem for everyone. Cant see that **** from far away, so they nerfed it. I haven't touched lrms in who knows how long because they are absolutely dogshit.

#31 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,451 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 August 2023 - 08:18 PM

This argument probably goes both ways at the same time, but: IS have access to Stealth Armor, which basically reduces detection range all the way down to 0 meters, regardless of what you've got the skill nodes set to, so it doesn't matter how strong they are for IS if the IS 'mech is running stealth.

But yeah, I agree: ECM is ECM. The nerf should have been applied universally.

#32 Grey Hook

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 76 posts

Posted 18 August 2023 - 08:41 PM

I am so stoked to see a legendary Stalker, and am doubly glad that it looks so cool! I haven't even seen the quirks yet and I'm already stoked to buy one. I know it's not generally seen as top-tier, but the Stalker has been my favorite chassis for ages. Go War Emu!

#33 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,682 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 18 August 2023 - 09:12 PM

How will HAG work off the skill tree other than ammo of +8?

#34 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 August 2023 - 09:22 PM

View PostPraetorGix, on 18 August 2023 - 08:06 PM, said:

It has become a problem for whom? you and your lurmboats? If you want to use an omnipod with ECM you are generally losing most other weapon ports in that component except a couple outliers like the Hellbringer. And if according to you ECM "has became a problem" then every mech using ECM is a problem, IS mechs included. if ECM is a problem you nerf ECM, you don't shaft clan mechs, or at the very least you do it carefully, not wiping 7% off the functionality of the nodes.

The vast majority of IS mechs that have ECM are actually pretty awful.

Let's list the actually okay ones:

FLE-15
UM-R80
HSN-hero
PXH-1B
PXH-2
ENF-hero
GRF-2N
MAD-9M
STK-3Fb
NSR-10P
MAD-4L

and i suppose you could debate WLF-hero, AS7-K3, Thannies...

Here's all the clan mechs that are good with ECM:

ACH
KFX
COU
SHC
BKL
HBR
SNS
NTG
TBR
BAS
DWF

You'll notice these are all omnimechs that you see all the time, and often with their ECM equipped. They're capable of a variety of builds with the ECM, at a variety of ranges, and they are largely top performing mechs. Whereas the IS mechs that are okay with ECM are very limited in the builds they can run, and you don't see them all that often in game.

So yeah, Clan ECM proliferation is a problem. IS ECM is not.

View PostC337Skymaster, on 18 August 2023 - 08:18 PM, said:

This argument probably goes both ways at the same time, but: IS have access to Stealth Armor, which basically reduces detection range all the way down to 0 meters, regardless of what you've got the skill nodes set to, so it doesn't matter how strong they are for IS if the IS 'mech is running stealth.

But yeah, I agree: ECM is ECM. The nerf should have been applied universally.

Stealth armour is awful. There are extremely few cases where adding Stealth to your build makes it better - it almost always makes it worse because it costs you heat. Heat dissipation is god - the heat you dissipate is proportional to how much damage you're capable of doing in a match. Add equipment that costs you heat = you lose damage output = literal handicap. ECM on its own already does 90% or more of what Stealth does.

#35 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Driven
  • Driven
  • 347 posts

Posted 18 August 2023 - 09:29 PM

View PostTarogato, on 18 August 2023 - 09:22 PM, said:

The vast majority of IS mechs that have ECM are actually pretty awful.

Let's list the actually okay ones:

FLE-15
UM-R80
HSN-hero
PXH-1B
PXH-2
ENF-hero
GRF-2N
MAD-9M
STK-3Fb
NSR-10P
MAD-4L

and i suppose you could debate WLF-hero, AS7-K3, Thannies...

Here's all the clan mechs that are good with ECM:

ACH
KFX
COU
SHC
BKL
HBR
SNS
NTG
TBR
BAS
DWF

You'll notice these are all omnimechs that you see all the time, and often with their ECM equipped. They're capable of a variety of builds with the ECM, at a variety of ranges, and they are largely top performing mechs. Whereas the IS mechs that are okay with ECM are very limited in the builds they can run, and you don't see them all that often in game.

So yeah, Clan ECM proliferation is a problem. IS ECM is not.

Stealth armour is awful. There are extremely few cases where adding Stealth to your build makes it better - it almost always makes it worse because it costs you heat. Heat dissipation is god - the heat you dissipate is proportional to how much damage you're capable of doing in a match. Add equipment that costs you heat = you lose damage output = literal handicap. ECM on its own already does 90% or more of what Stealth does.

OMFG thank you taro <3

#36 Wraith 1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 18 August 2023 - 09:38 PM

Well, that was a nice productive couple of months, but HAGs and XPLs are definitely worth reinstalling for.

#37 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 18 August 2023 - 10:25 PM

Clan doesn't have stealth armor and ecm is the only thing they can hide with and now your nerfing the skill tree part of it? why not nerf the IS skill tree because stealth armor???

#38 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 699 posts

Posted 18 August 2023 - 10:29 PM

Finally, an update Im looking forward to.

#39 TestBacon

• Pip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 August 2023 - 10:34 PM

Generic UAC Jam chance quirk now shows as “UAC Jam Chance” in the quirk list instead of just “Jam Chance”

Huh, does that mean the CN9-YLW quirks never applied to rotary ACs?

#40 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 18 August 2023 - 10:46 PM

View Post-Ramrod-, on 18 August 2023 - 05:28 PM, said:

Tier 1. I barely see any in quick play or faction play. That's what I've been told the reasons why they aren't very common. I know they are buff as is. Just wish I saw more of them on the field.

Are you serious? You know they are behind a paywall at the moment. As soon as they are available for cbills in a few months they be all you see for a few weeks, then settle into a standard rotation.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users