Patch Notes - 1.4.281.0 - 22-August-2023

325 replies to this topic

#61 JumpingHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 220 posts

Posted 19 August 2023 - 03:31 AM

View PostTarogato, on 18 August 2023 - 11:39 PM, said:

They fill completely different roles. Heavy PPC is pinpoint front-loaded damage. You can poptart with it. You can snapshot with it. That said, it's already mostly fallen out of favour because it often doesn't deal enough damage in the grand scheme of things. But Binaries do not compete in the same niche; very far from it.

The weapon that has to worry about being obsoleted is the standard Large Laser.

Im afraid that both Heavy PPC and Large Laser are going to be super obsolete now. I'm not really familiar with Large laser boating, so i don't feel personally touched by this fact, but i do like Heavy PPC very much, and now understanding that there's bascially nothing that makes it better in any regard than Binary Laser makes me sad. Even if Binary Laser is not PPFLD, it's still FAR more convenient than HPPC, and PPCs in general. Hitscan, no min range and less heat and more damage for only 3.6 seconds is not good. I say, give it FAR more heat and 5 seconds recharge timer, like HPPC. Would be much more fair.

#62 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,447 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 19 August 2023 - 04:42 AM

Woot! First new weapons content since the Civil War expansion! ;)

Have you ever been hit with Stalker STK-4N with 6x Large Laser alpha?
Let's just say... it's very painful... ;)

It'll be interesting to see what the new (Jihad? era) weapons would bring to the table ;) :) ;)

View PostJumpingHunter, on 19 August 2023 - 03:31 AM, said:

Im afraid that both Heavy PPC and Large Laser are going to be super obsolete now. I'm not really familiar with Large laser boating, so i don't feel personally touched by this fact, but i do like Heavy PPC very much, and now understanding that there's bascially nothing that makes it better in any regard than Binary Laser makes me sad. Even if Binary Laser is not PPFLD, it's still FAR more convenient than HPPC, and PPCs in general. Hitscan, no min range and less heat and more damage for only 3.6 seconds is not good. I say, give it FAR more heat and 5 seconds recharge timer, like HPPC. Would be much more fair.

#63 ForQAll

• Pip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 August 2023 - 04:45 AM

Any more info on the Outlier quirks, or quirks of any kind for the two new Legendary Mechs? That portion is not shown.

Thanks!

#64 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 483 posts

Posted 19 August 2023 - 04:55 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 18 August 2023 - 04:52 PM, said:

Node values for Clan mechs ONLY are reduced to 16.5% (from 20%)

Why only Clans?
It's nice to see how tenderly you care for the LURM warriors.
In this regard, one question arises. When are you going to bring streaks back into the game? You killed them two (I think) years ago. In the game there were few of them before, but now they are not at all. But you don't care about their absence. Lurm warriors are found in every battle, so this weapon system is in order (otherwise no one would play LRM), but you continue to please them.

P.S. And why have you still not done anything to improve the quality of the gameplay, improve the quality of the selection of players in teams? When will you remove the groups from the QP?

Edited by Voice of Kerensky, 19 August 2023 - 06:23 AM.

#65 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,776 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 19 August 2023 - 05:32 AM

Holy balls they nerfed clan ecm? Hoooo boy are there gonna be some nasty posts incoming once this fully percolates through the tryhard community. Wonder if this was a cauldron thing or pgi because most of cauldron simply ~adore~ their clan ecm wallflower snipers or cobbled together omni ecm mechs with cherry picked pods for the strongest bonus and hardpoints. IS can't do that and its ecm mechs are all hit and miss. Good change but its gonna be hella unpopular to many.

#66 Runecarver

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 August 2023 - 05:36 AM

View PostMeep Meep, on 19 August 2023 - 05:32 AM, said:

Holy balls they nerfed clan ecm? Hoooo boy are there gonna be some nasty posts incoming once this fully percolates through the tryhard community. Wonder if this was a cauldron thing or pgi because most of cauldron simply ~adore~ their clan ecm wallflower snipers or cobbled together omni ecm mechs with cherry picked pods for the strongest bonus and hardpoints. IS can't do that and its ecm mechs are all hit and miss. Good change but its gonna be hella unpopular to many.

"Nerf" is a strong word, when its just a 7% reduction in the sensor range reduction provided from the skill tree. But not to worry, the panic attacks they might have had have been assuaged by nerfing missiles by 10%. Now their minimum engine size, glacial speed turret assaults can still feel immune to the slowest projectiles in the game with less downsides.

#67 The Chancelor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 169 posts

Posted 19 August 2023 - 05:53 AM

I love this forum. Those who always preach mwo is dead shout the loudest at any changes.

Seriously, this is the most interesting new content in years, even more significant than new mech chassis. With the new weapons you can now look at each individual mech again, test new configurations and so on.

If you're already crying because your favorite weapon isn't that great anymore or your build isn't meta anymore, you should take a cold shower.

#68 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 556 posts

Posted 19 August 2023 - 06:17 AM

View PostTestBacon, on 18 August 2023 - 10:34 PM, said:

Huh, does that mean the CN9-YLW quirks never applied to rotary ACs?

It means it ll be fixed once the patch goes live

#69 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,776 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 19 August 2023 - 06:44 AM

View PostRunecarver, on 19 August 2023 - 05:36 AM, said:

"Nerf" is a strong word, when its just a 7% reduction in the sensor range reduction provided from the skill tree. But not to worry, the panic attacks they might have had have been assuaged by nerfing missiles by 10%. Now their minimum engine size, glacial speed turret assaults can still feel immune to the slowest projectiles in the game with less downsides.

That still translates into ~100m less protection range vs a sensor boosted mech. For clan mechs that rely on ecm to close distance its certainly a nerf. I'm just surprised it happened at all. So bully for them.

#70 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 19 August 2023 - 06:53 AM

The Clan ECM nerf only makes sense if you are playing the range game. It will only encourage Clan Mechs to stay at range considering Tag and UAVs still exist but I'm sure this will make all the LRM boats happy.

#71 Runecarver

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 August 2023 - 06:59 AM

View PostSteel Raven, on 19 August 2023 - 06:53 AM, said:

The Clan ECM nerf only makes sense if you are playing the range game. It will only encourage Clan Mechs to stay at range considering Tag and UAVs still exist but I'm sure this will make all the LRM boats happy.

It really doesn't, since missiles got their velocity nerfed by 10% as a result. For being able to see a skill tree boosted clan ECM mech 70 meters further away, at 378m. Except baseline clan ER mediums have optimum ranges of 400m, boosted with skill nodes up to 460m. And this doesn't affect inner sphere ECM mechs, which will be able to provide the same 70% sensor range reduction bubble to any allies within 120 meters of them.

So this is just an straight nerf to those missile boats.

#72 xSONOHx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 179 posts
  • LocationEarth (Terra)

Posted 19 August 2023 - 07:06 AM

View PostHawk819, on 18 August 2023 - 05:08 PM, said:

Now all we need is Clan RACs, ER Pulse Lasers, ER and Heavy Flamers, Plasma Cannons, and the Supercharger. As well as some other goodies.

bombast laser when?
Edit: bombast laser, my beloved
Anyways, hyped for new weapons and new Stalker with dakka hardpoints.

Edited by xSONOHx, 19 August 2023 - 07:08 AM.

#73 MookieDog

• PipPipPip
  • Gunjin
  • Gunjin
  • 93 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 19 August 2023 - 07:25 AM

Wow comp players got exactly what they wanted the HAG 40, now instead of blue beams sitting in the back, its now going to be bow many HAG's can they stack on, and IS got what short range pulse X garbage. Wow thanks PGI. Not to mention that many of the quirks which made the mechs decent, now are terribad, for example, the Phoenix Hawk, why do I want a face tank in a medium mech? Because PGI said so. Comp players gonna comp and JGx runs the show.

#74 MarsThunder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 237 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 19 August 2023 - 07:47 AM

Everything that increases chances of 1-shot-kill is bad.

#75 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,995 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 19 August 2023 - 08:02 AM

View PostJumpingHunter, on 19 August 2023 - 03:31 AM, said:

but they got rit of All PPC minimium range 1-2 patches ago.

now i wonder how binary laser will effect Snub nosed.

Edited by KursedVixen, 19 August 2023 - 08:07 AM.

#76 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 689 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 19 August 2023 - 09:03 AM

I've been waiting for the HAGs forever! I wasn't expecting the other two but it's a nice surprise. Maybe I can build my Cloud Giant mech I made for the table top...mostly anyways. 100 tonner with dual HAG-40s with ECM and jumpjets xD. Though I think the closest mech to that will be the Stone Rhino.

#77 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,591 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 19 August 2023 - 10:34 AM

View Postw0qj, on 19 August 2023 - 04:42 AM, said:

Woot! First new weapons content since the Civil War expansion! Posted Image

Have you ever been hit with Stalker STK-4N with 6x Large Laser alpha?
Let's just say... it's very painful... Posted Image

It'll be interesting to see what the new (Jihad? era) weapons would bring to the table Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

reminds me at the 6PPC stalker times back in CBPosted ImageAlpha shutdown alpha shutdown alpha shutdown ^^ Had very much fun with my 3LPL 2srm6 cataphract 2x and many dead Stalkers on my acount . and then pgi introduced the seismic sensor sh...Posted Image

Edit: typo

Edited by Mighty Spike, 20 August 2023 - 03:26 AM.

#78 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,832 posts

Posted 19 August 2023 - 12:49 PM

View PostStaude, on 18 August 2023 - 06:09 PM, said:

first the clan weapons are so annoyed that they become nonsense and then you bring out new weapons?
it's all about selling and getting money out of the game

well pgi could have sat on their duff and i could have sat on my wallet.

#79 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,832 posts

Posted 19 August 2023 - 12:52 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 18 August 2023 - 07:32 PM, said:

PPS: Looks to me like the Viper wasn't the planned Legendary for this month? Some of the lasers coming out of the Executioner in the thumbnail aren't possible, yet (one looks head-mounted).

they probibly havent decided on the laser colors as of the posting. but damn i look forward to my purple and orange xpulse. laser colors <3. i kind of wish they would go back and give micros and heavies their own unique colors too since its been shown to be possible.

Edited by LordNothing, 19 August 2023 - 12:53 PM.

#80 JumpingHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 220 posts

Posted 19 August 2023 - 02:20 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 19 August 2023 - 08:02 AM, said:

but they got rit of All PPC minimium range 1-2 patches ago.

now i wonder how binary laser will effect Snub nosed.

They didn't get rid of all PPC minimum ranges, they made them less considerable and less important quirk of PPCs (in my personal opinion old Standard PPC treatment - exponential 90m min range from 0 to 10 - was a bit more compelling as a definitive "PPC downside" and was closer to TT rules, but i wont complain).

And as for snubs - it's just better to equip 1 Binary Laser and 1 ER Medium Laser and get basically a heavy gauss equivalent for 10 tons than equip 2 SNPPCs and get AC20 equivalent for 12 tons. Again, with minimal range or not, PPCs are just too heavy and slow and hot to even compare with Blazer in its current form, aside from maybe LPPC and ERPPC. Very unfair treatment, especially after PPCs LITERALLY got a minimum range buff just a couple month ago...

Edited by JumpingHunter, 19 August 2023 - 02:21 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users