Proposed New Names For 2023/2024 New Weapons?

4 replies to this topic

#1 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,421 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 18 August 2023 - 07:09 PM

I propose to call this the Jihad Era weapons.
(The previous era was the Civil War Era weapons).

- - - - - - - - - - -
==> What new name should we propose for these 2023/2024 new weapons (Aug 2023 & March 2024 patches)?

HAG20 / HAG30 / HAG40

LXPL / MXPL / SXPL

BL (Binary Laser)

Edited by w0qj, 16 March 2024 - 05:03 PM.

#2 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 18 August 2023 - 08:14 PM

It's kind of hard to say. The Blazer was actually Successor Wars Tech and the X-Pulse Lasers are Clan Invasion Era. Given that the HAGs were created in 3068 in the Jihad Era. I guess they could be called "Jihad Era" Tech since later mech designs would end up using those weapons during that time. And it does open up a window for Jihad Era based mechs for MWO.

Edited by Will9761, 18 August 2023 - 08:43 PM.

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,787 posts

Posted 18 August 2023 - 09:19 PM

lets call this era the heat death of the universe. we will call the hags hags, we will call the xpulse xpulse and we will call the blazer the blazer.

#4 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,950 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 August 2023 - 01:57 AM

SXPL, MXPL, LXPL works.

Hag's are rated in 10/20/40 by damage dealt.

And the Binary-Laser as Blazer as that was its designation when put into production.

The Binary-Laser was initially a prototype weapon installed on a special Zeus Variant, which mounted it over the right shoulder on the Zeus test mech. Very similar like the Bloodasp, but in a Pod mount slightly above cockpit level.

I don't think it ever really went into mass production full scale because of technology limitations in early succession war era mechs because of the heat issues.

The Blazer was made viable after double heatsinks were standard equipment, and proper shielding to protect internals from the Huge heatspike generated by the dual-core emitter were developed.

The Zeus Prototype never did make it to production according to lore, but it would have been a powerful variant in the clan invasion and il-clan era.

https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Zeus

Read up on the ZEU-6Y prototype.

Posted Image

#5 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 19 August 2023 - 02:10 AM

View PostCyborne Elemental, on 19 August 2023 - 01:57 AM, said:

SXPL, MXPL, LXPL works.

Hag's are rated in 10/20/40 by damage dealt.

And the Binary-Laser as Blazer as that was its designation when put into production.

The Binary-Laser was initially a prototype weapon installed on a special Zeus Variant, which mounted it over the right shoulder on the Zeus test mech. Very similar like the Bloodasp, but in a Pod mount slightly above cockpit level.

I don't think it ever really went into mass production full scale because of technology limitations in early succession war era mechs because of the heat issues.

The Blazer was made viable after double heatsinks were standard equipment, and proper shielding to protect internals from the Huge heatspike generated by the dual-core emitter were developed.

The Zeus Prototype never did make it to production according to lore, but it would have been a powerful variant in the clan invasion and il-clan era.

https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Zeus

Read up on the ZEU-6Y prototype.

Posted Image
There is no hag 10 it's 20/30/40.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users