#41 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 August 2023 - 06:27 AM

View PostHawk819, on 26 August 2023 - 10:37 PM, said:

That's the point I was aiming for. They didn't think it through, nor consider what weapons/hardpoints to make this `Mech viable. Or for that matter, appealing. With the HAGs being released. You'd think they'd release a Canon variant. One with a HAG. Apparently not. Don't get me wrong here (Matt and Daeron, I know you'll be reading this.), but I would have released the K variant. Just saying.

K variant:

2 ER LL RA
3 ER Med RA
Light Active RT
HAG 20 LA

So what with omnipod swapping, this is why I've been pushing for there to be a hand actuator on that right arm, because with that addition, anyone who wants to can recreate the -K variant at will, by combining the -M right arm and the -Prime or -B left arms on any other EXE chassis they wish.

The other thing they're adding is the LT from the -P variant (the only variant with 3x energy in the Left Torso). We need Plasma Cannons, and a Left Arm with energy and a Hand Actuator to make the actual -P variant, and that'll still need to use the Cherbi right torso for its missiles, but if we're being realistic: all the meta min-maxers will care about off that build is the LT with three energy hardpoints, so here they go.

Edited by C337Skymaster, 27 August 2023 - 06:28 AM.

#42 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 27 August 2023 - 06:32 AM

I use to be a Mechwarrior like you, then I took an Arrow IV in the knee.

will these mechs be avalible later for mc or c-bills?

Edited by KursedVixen, 27 August 2023 - 06:33 AM.

#43 W A R L O R D

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 117 posts
  • LocationMy Direwolf

Posted 27 August 2023 - 08:00 AM

Thank you PGI for including the previous year’s warhorns…I love Starwolfe’s “Get Rekt” and “Sit Down”!! And including 5 of them!!

#44 Flanking Boy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 27 August 2023 - 11:53 AM

if you start buying tier 3 you will also get tier 1 and 2.
if you buy tier 1, you can later buy tier 2 for 10$ and tier 3 for 20$ etc.

#45 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 28 August 2023 - 03:11 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 26 August 2023 - 04:18 PM, said:

There are no hardpoints missing and no invalid build. I took this screenshot a minute ago with the default load out.
Posted Image

I don't know what's wrong with Uncle Totty's mech, but it seems likely to be on the user side. Maybe corrupted game files, maybe mods messing with the spaghetti code.

Not sure what happened on my end, but it is fixed now.

#46 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 28 August 2023 - 03:23 PM

Now it is more lore-friendly...Posted Image

#47 Ysur

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 August 2023 - 01:51 PM

Can you buy a T3 gift and apply it to an account that bought T3 already? I am guessing not, but love the tournament and would throw a bit more at it to increase the pool for those who put in all that time/effort/skill. Shame that we can only buy one for an account....

#48 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 321 posts

Posted 29 August 2023 - 10:50 PM

View PostHawk819, on 26 August 2023 - 10:37 PM, said:

That's the point I was aiming for. They didn't think it through, nor consider what weapons/hardpoints to make this `Mech viable. Or for that matter, appealing. With the HAGs being released. You'd think they'd release a Canon variant. One with a HAG. Apparently not. Don't get me wrong here (Matt and Daeron, I know you'll be reading this.), but I would have released the K variant. Just saying.

K variant:

2 ER LL RA
3 ER Med RA
Light Active RT
HAG 20 LA

Lmao. You, saying the stock build isn't viable? Legit this is standard laservomit. And you don't need to release an Omni variant that doesn't add any new hardpoints to the game.

View PostRhaelcan, on 29 August 2023 - 10:49 PM, said:

Lmao. You, saying the stock build isn't viable? Legit this is standard laservomit. And you don't need to release an Omni variant that doesn't add any new hardpoints to the game.

Post your build, I'm curious.

#49 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 29 August 2023 - 10:57 PM

View PostSirEpicPwner, on 23 August 2023 - 10:45 AM, said:

When will the EXE-M normal variant come out for c-bills?

Early 2024 - MC then Cbills I believe

View PostKhalcruth, on 25 August 2023 - 02:25 PM, said:

The Tournament participation rewards list as as part of the prize

MWO Comp Black
MWO Comp Blue
MWO Comp Red

The Tournament Support Pack list as part of it

Color CS 2023 Black
Color CS 2023 Blue
Color CS 2023 Red

Could we get an official confirmation if these are the same or different colors? Makes me less likely to buy the pack if I'm liable to get them for free.

Sadly they are the same, there was a miscommunication with what was in the T1 pack and we left it in so not to upset anyone.

View Postsimon1812, on 25 August 2023 - 08:51 PM, said:

Tier 1 is kinda weak...

Sadly, there was a miscommunication with what was in the T1 pack

View PostMark Yore, on 26 August 2023 - 07:31 AM, said:

Can you buy the $10 pack, then the $20 pack, then the $30 pack? Or is is just one pack only?

I believe you can upgrade it as you go

View PostHawk819, on 26 August 2023 - 01:10 PM, said:

The Executioner M needs a rework. Total overhaul. Cause seriously. It looks to me like no one took the time to think it out, or even consider what weapons to use

PGI, if you want, I can remake it for ya. Just saying.

PGI did not make the build, MWO COMP did as its a TSP.

What meta build would you use.

Feel free to reach out to us at - https://discord.gg/6wxM5hC

View PostC337Skymaster, on 26 August 2023 - 05:49 PM, said:

TThe -M is a purely PGI creation. Posted Image

MWO Comp came up with the build as its in support of our tournament

View PostYsur, on 29 August 2023 - 01:51 PM, said:

Can you buy a T3 gift and apply it to an account that bought T3 already? I am guessing not, but love the tournament and would throw a bit more at it to increase the pool for those who put in all that time/effort/skill. Shame that we can only buy one for an account....

Sadly no, the packs was set up wrong this year so you cant buy more than one pack Posted Image

you can gift them to your mates who dont own them tho.

#50 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 30 August 2023 - 01:43 AM

View PostLiveish, on 29 August 2023 - 10:57 PM, said:

PGI did not make the build, MWO COMP did as its a TSP.

What meta build would you use.

Feel free to reach out to us at - https://discord.gg/6wxM5hC

Really? It doesn't feel so much "meta" as it does an attempt to inflate the number of energy hardpoints available to the EXE. I would have expected something with only 2 weapon groups from a Comp creation. I also would have expected Comp to group their weapons better if they were working with a completely clean slate. Either all the medium lasers in the torsos, or all in the left arm, but the distribution of them seems very PGI.

Now taken from PGI's perspective of trying to add stock 'mechs, there are two EXE's remaining to be added to the game: EXE-K, and EXE-P. The -K is a HAG variant which you'd think they'd want to show off, what with the new weapon release. The difference with that one that we don't have already, are lower arm and hand actuators on the right arm, with the ability to mount 5 energy weapons. -Prime has Lower/Hand, but only 2 energy. -A has only 4 energy and only Lower, and -D has 7 energy but no actuators. Now we've got the -M with 5 energy in the right arm and two free crits. It's got the LA, but nobody seems to have remembered to add the hand actuator, probably because it's decorative (but also optional on Omnis).

The main thing the -P would add is three energy to the Left Torso, which again: we see. The only other thing there is adding lower arm/hand actuators to the left arm, but the -P comes with a single energy hardpoint there, so I can see there being less incentive for using that.

Meanwhile, the -A and -Cherbi left arms, and the -D right torso are reused (kinda surprised you didn't go with the -E right torso: 3 energy, again), because there are no further builds to be added which increase the energy count of either of these components, or combine them with any other weapons or equipment.

#51 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 30 August 2023 - 04:15 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 30 August 2023 - 01:43 AM, said:

I would have expected something with only 2 weapon groups from a Comp creation.

WHAT?

#52 BlueDevilspawn

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 52 posts

Posted 30 August 2023 - 11:58 AM

Assault mechs are commonly the main class with available tonnage, space, and sustain to mount PvP effective bracket builds (yes I know others do exist). The -M Exe LT may be combined with existing omnipods to make a standard Clan laser vomit with effective red laser backup weapons.
PGI didn't make this mech, the leaders of MWO Comp (one being a cauldron member) made the stock loadout for this mech. The Exe is already one of the most effective QP and comp mechs out in the game and this one's LT just made it even better. I would run this mech stock as is, you even get a 5% range bonus for So8 and that translates into free damage given the expanded optimal range.

Addition - I know there are other Exe variants in the wider universe.... those are tabletop builds that translate poorly into MWO. Not to mention the plasma rifles "stun locking" mechs with disabling heat from mid range is a poor PvP game mechanic. Cauldron members and the new dev have already stated they are against it.

Edited by BlueDevilspawn, 30 August 2023 - 12:01 PM.

#53 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 30 August 2023 - 04:51 PM

View PostLiveish, on 30 August 2023 - 04:15 AM, said:

WHAT?

Two mouse buttons, two weapon groups. Long range/short range, Hot/Cold, something, but most of the meta builds I've seen over the years have been predominantly just two types of weapons that could be grouped together into two weapon groups. The way those lasers are spread around, that probably wants to be at least three...

#54 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 30 August 2023 - 06:45 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 30 August 2023 - 04:51 PM, said:

Two mouse buttons, two weapon groups. Long range/short range, Hot/Cold, something, but most of the meta builds I've seen over the years have been predominantly just two types of weapons that could be grouped together into two weapon groups. The way those lasers are spread around, that probably wants to be at least three...

At a guess you been setting them up wrong, even with all the same weapons 3 to 5 groups would be common.

#55 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 31 August 2023 - 05:14 AM

View PostLiveish, on 30 August 2023 - 06:45 PM, said:

At a guess you been setting them up wrong, even with all the same weapons 3 to 5 groups would be common.

I run stock 'mechs, so yeah: I've purchased an ambidextrous mouse to give me 6 buttons for 6 weapon groups, and some ability to keep my left and right straight on my 'mech (avoid shooting terrain or friendly backs as much as possible). Meta 'mechs never seem to mount that much variety, though, and seem like they're always trying to minimize weapon groups as much as possible for "more precise aiming" or some such thing.

#56 P H O T O N

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 119 posts

Posted 05 September 2023 - 03:29 AM

Bought the top tier pack but still haven't received any cockpit items! Anyone else got this?

#57 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,421 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 05 September 2023 - 07:57 AM

It can take up to 1 hour to receive this...

Try exiting MWO game client, and log into MWO again... it also took a while for me to receive these too, but I got these eventually!

#58 Poggle

• PipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 October 2023 - 11:57 AM

When is the last day you can buy a supporters pack?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users